forum

Using Relax/Auto Pilot for training?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
s7ana
Do using Relax or either Auto Pilot help for training?
Yuudachi-kun
I did it a lot for fun when I was around 2,000pp and thus never had a problem with AR10.
trebby
That's what it's there for.
Friendan
nice double post
You can ask ZenithPhantasm, I believe he uses relax because of RSI or something
Taoshi
Relax: Cursor control
Autopilot: Trigger button control
Topic Starter
s7ana
Thanks for the replies guys! :) So it seems using Relax and Autopilot isn't worthless after all sometimes.
winber1
no it's pretty worthless

if you're going to use it to train you really need to know what you're doing. there is an enormous amount of coordination between your cursor movement and your clicking. Unless you click or you move your cursor like the AI does, then you are often training something completely irrelevant. and no one moves or clicks like the AI.
WingSilent

winber1 wrote:

no one moves or clicks like the AI.
Maybe, Auto..? (I don't know "AI" but IA, Vocaloid)
(/runs)
Kouya-
I use relax sometimes if I begin to start sucking at cursor accuracy, so I'd only put relax if it's on a pretty jumpy map or AR10
---QUANTUM---
I feel like putting on no fail is better because it trains you to do both things at the same time, it would be bad is your jumps were perfect but your tapping was all messed up. Plus, there's a health bar, combo counter, and score counter all throughout your game play so you can see if your improving or not on certain parts. Just my personal opinion tho.
The Gambler
Shouldn't this be in G&R?

OT: I personally use relax for maps I have a hard time reading, like 10.3 or gimmick mapping. However, I find using autopilot completely useless as snapping is what allows my tapping finger to be on beat; by that I mean my hand, not the AI itself.

Quantum also has a point as well. Overall, it only works on relatively hard maps, not out-of-your-league maps (unless you're Zenny who wants aimbot status)
drum drum
Moved to Gameplay & Rankings
ZenithPhantasm
Use Relax with HRDT for best way to not get results.
pandaBee
No fail is only useful when the map has a poorly placed segment thats way too difficult in comparison to the rest of the map is hich is otherwise decent.
Yuudachi-kun
NF helps me play worldwide choppers for singletap stamina.
ZenithPhantasm
Worldwide Choppers is best alternate map.
The Gambler
Reiwai Terrorism

Also DT Freedman on Insane.
Vuelo Eluko

winber1 wrote:

no it's pretty worthless

if you're going to use it to train you really need to know what you're doing. there is an enormous amount of coordination between your cursor movement and your clicking. Unless you click or you move your cursor like the AI does, then you are often training something completely irrelevant. and no one moves or clicks like the AI.
cookiezi moves like auto
-Makishima S-
http://ask.fm/indexosu

Find your answer here.
_entropic
I played relax for a week, b/c my aim sucked way more than my tapping, and when I took it off, I was significantly better.
As for autopilot, I've never used it and don't intend to so i'm not sure if it's helpful or not.
Topic Starter
s7ana

---QUANTUM--- wrote:

I feel like putting on no fail is better because it trains you to do both things at the same time, it would be bad is your jumps were perfect but your tapping was all messed up. Plus, there's a health bar, combo counter, and score counter all throughout your game play so you can see if your improving or not on certain parts. Just my personal opinion tho.
Nice idea!
Karuta-_old_1
I use relax when someone plays a streamy song when I am still not warmed enough

AutoPilot could be useful if you want to read the map once before you start to play it

so to answer the topic, no unless you move or click like the AI does
show more