forum

This will survive until the end of summer.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mahogany
I think there's someone at level 104

But the requirements spike ridiculously high after level 100

personally I don't even see why levels exist

And I'm no coder but the max level is probably one of those bit related numbers that always seem to come up if you're familiar with game breaking: 255, 65535, etc.
silmarilen
Milkshake
i hate the minions
Topic Starter
s7ana

Granger wrote:

ASwarmOfKittenz wrote:

Is the girl on the top of the website, to the left of "Rhythm is just a Click Away". Is she the mascot for this game? I suppose so. Does she have a name at all, and does anyone know what it is?
Her name is Pippi
:D Thanks
Topic Starter
s7ana

silmarilen wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/u/595140
Level 105?! :o
Topic Starter
s7ana
July 10th, Friday 2015:

Started reading a manga called One-Punch Man. The chapters aren't too long, but it's pretty good. The comedy and cheesiness is on point, and there are subtle moments when it is actually pretty serious. The plot may seem simple or something that would get boring after a while, but there's just something there that pulls you in. I just love the main character's personality, Saitama. "Oh, no! I forgot! It's special sale day!"

Heard that there was going to be an animated adaptation of One-Punch Man also. I just hope that the episodes aren't 5-10 minutes long due to how short the chapters are. Mainly because it started out as a web comic.
Topic Starter
s7ana
July 13, Monday 2015:

Posting this an hour before Tuesday!! There was a party today at someone's else house and I didn't expect it to end so late. >_<
Just glad that I was able to make it in time. Even though I know that nobody really cares if I missed once or not..

So I started playing a game called Stonehearth, it's pretty fun if you like to play games where you take control of a small group of people and then turn it into a large scale civilization. You can make build custom buildings in-game. The game has a really big "Dwarf Fortress" feel to it. If you've ever played Dwarf Fortress before, I recommend checking out Stonehearth. Although, Stonehearth is not free in case you didn't know.
GSG95
im here now.

i wanna c dis survive until the end of summer pls
Topic Starter
s7ana
July 15th, Wednesday 2015:

I am almost there to my Level 60 milestone achievement for osu!! :)

I've been considering to try and get into either Taiko or Mania. If anyone is reading this, in your own opinion which one do you think is easier to learn and get into? I know that some people just naturally learn one or the other faster than others or either just have a preference, but it'd be interesting to see what some other players think.
I'm only trying to get into Taiko or Mania so that I can expand my playing options.
Yuudachi-kun
Just play more standard.
Topic Starter
s7ana
July 17, Friday 2015:

I have reached Level 60! I hope to reach Level 70 by the end of summer. I think I can do it. I guess I need to do maybe around 2-3 hours of game time per day.
Actually, maybe less.

Tried to play some Taiko and Mania. Completely did horrible on easy difficulty. x_x I want to continue trying them out though.

Found some nice fan art of Pippi while casually browsing the internet.
Yuudachi-kun
Osu levels? Seriously?
GSG95

ASwarmOfKittenz wrote:

July 17, Friday 2015:

I have reached Level 60! I hope to reach Level 70 by the end of summer. I think I can do it. I guess I need to do maybe around 2-3 hours of game time per day.
Actually, maybe less.

Tried to play some Taiko and Mania. Completely did horrible on easy difficulty. x_x I want to continue trying them out though.

Found some nice fan art of Pippi while casually browsing the internet.
Hey! I found that too! I was bored in bed and I just decided to Google Pippi on images.
Topic Starter
s7ana
July 20th, Monday 2015:

Anyone here waiting for the game Fallout 4? I loved New Vegas.

If anyone is reading this, how many beatmaps do you have? Also, how do you manage your beatmaps? I have 127 different beatmaps downloaded, it may not seem like much to you but it is to me! I manage them by taking the time of making collections, categorizing them by Anime Name/Genre/Song Artist. It helps a lot for finding what I need quick without scrolling through all of my songs by abc order. Since I know which anime or song artist the beatmap I'm looking for is related to. I have a lot of beatmaps that I don't play anymore regularly, but I haven't deleted nor have found the reason to.

I have a friend that doesn't use collections at all for organization and choosing which songs to play. He just has his beatmaps sorted by date added and he is totally fine with that. I go crazy thinking about it, because he could at least have them sorted by abc order if he isn't going to use collections, like I do sometimes.

Anyway, I wonder if there's anyone with over 1,000 beatmaps (Not counting multiple beatmap difficulties for one song) downloaded in their game.
Yuudachi-kun
I have 5000 maps including diffs and this is low.
chaee
I have 13000 maps including diffs. I've always wanted to have them all but never found the time to download
The Gambler

chaee wrote:

I have 13000 maps including diffs. I've always wanted to have them all but never found the time to download
Packs #210 to #418 should give you about 13k maps
Topic Starter
s7ana
July 23rd, Thursday 2015:

I was busy yesterday due to having to go to a wedding and then staying at my cousins until this evening. I am back, and still putting effort into posting every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. If I miss one due to something, I'll still find a way to post an update three times a week. This will survive until the end of summer.

Started to look through some older games that I own for the PC, and I started playing Spore. I forgot how much fun that game was. :) My favorite stage is probably the creature stage, and the tribal stage after that. The space stage is kind of meh, but that's probably only because I don't own the galactic adventures expansion pack.

Wanpan Man Foreverrrr

Friendan
AND YOU CAN DO ANYTHING - YOU CAN BUILD A CITY, LIVE YOUR LIFE, FPS, PLATFORMER
oh wait, Spore was a disappoint. They promised too much.
GSG95
I really liked Spore. Too bad I never got to play it.
Chokladboll
F.E.A.R. isn't even remotely scary
Topic Starter
s7ana
July 27th, Monday 2015:

At the exact moment of me posting this, there are currently six million and six hundred sixty six thousand and thirty registered users. (6,666,030)
From my own experience of visiting the site to download beatmaps every other day, I've noticed that only fifteen to ten thousand players are online daily.
I am very bad at math but if I am at least somewhat correct, only about six to seven percent of the registered players are online daily. Or at least log in three out of seven days of a week or more. :cry:

But now think of this. There is currently a total of 3.22 billion ranked plays at the moment of this post. 6,666,030 registered players, if they all each played a ranked map once.. that would only make up about 4.8% of how many ranked plays there are in total. But there isn't a daily amount of six million, or even half a million, or even just one hundred thousand players daily playing ranked maps. So when you think about it, this small community has really done a lot for this game. We are a small number of a player base compared to other games, but we each put a lot of hours into this game. osu! isn't dying any time soon.
IppE

ASwarmOfKittenz wrote:

EneT
You just received a massive amount of respect from me for some reason, I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the effort you put into these posts and the fact that you put time and effort into analyzing these things; it seems like you're determined towards a certain goal and you're doing well on your way to achieve it. I like you, you are good.
Topic Starter
s7ana
July 31st, Friday 2015:

Ugh, do you guys know that feeling of when you said you would do something sincerely, only to not be able to do it due to situations. Then you don't feel like doing it anymore?

Well anyway, I'll be working on trying to get the next level in osu! by the end of the weekend. Started checking out a game called TERA, I feel like I'm the only male character playing sometimes haha. That moment when you play too much games and you don't each breakfast and lunch. x_x

I'm going to be watching some horror movies with some friends later today (It's late night/early morning as of right now.). Horror movies are always fun with friends. *o*

I've seen the registered players go up by 50-2,000 randomly whenever I go on this site. Yet, the average daily amount of players playing either only goes up or down slightly, between 500-3,000. There is currently an average (from my own experience) of generally a minimum of 7,000 and a maximum of 15,000 players online at one time. About 75% of those players are ones that at least log in three or more out of seven days a week. The rest are usually between the levels of 1-30, and sometimes don't pick up the game much or either quit sometime soon.
EneT
Slacking, where's the next entry?
Yuudachi-kun
Get gud at osu finally
fat pear
lol it's dead now since i live in the southern hemisphere
Topic Starter
s7ana
August 3rd, Monday 2015:

I have finally reached Level 62, and now I will try to reach Level 63 by the end of the week.

Is anyone watching the anime Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri? It's intriguing, and I am considering reading the manga for it since I cannot wait each week for a new episode.

Has anyone heard of the term "Swatting/Swatted" for live streaming? It's when someone is live streaming, such as video games for example at home. Then someone that in some way, finds out their personal information such as where they live and their name. They then proceed to call 911 on the person and location, making false accusations of murder/hostage bad enough that they send a SWAT team to the house. It is a horrible prank.
Yuudachi-kun
Total Hits: 445,760

hnnnngh
Topic Starter
s7ana
August 5th, Wednesday 2015:

I have finally reached one of my goals of getting a ranking under 100,000! All those sweat and tears put into this game finally payed off. :cry:

Pretty sure no one cares, but it took me awhile to get where I am! >:(

As long as I have the strength to be able to click the button on a mouse, I shall try my best to reach under 50,000!!!
-sev
neva give up
Topic Starter
s7ana
August 7th, Friday 2015:

Hmm, in your own opinion what anime made between the years of 1970-2000 would you say have aged well. As in watchability due to good writing/plot or animation that still looks okay for today's standards? I can't say that I've watched over a dozen of different anime made during those times, but from my experience I'd say probably Cowboy Bebop, Serial Experiments Lain, and also Mirai Shounen Conan. Based on general agreement from multiple people, I am guessing a lot will say that Hayao Miyazaki's works have really aged well.
Topic Starter
s7ana
August 10th, Monday 2015:

So, what games are you guys waiting to be released to the public? Those that are currently in alpha/beta or being planned to be made? Or that is planned to be released in the nearby future?

As of right now, I am waiting for "Tree of Savior" to be released out of the closed beta stage. I am also waiting for the story mode of "The Long Dark" to be completed and released. The Long Dark is pretty fun if you're into games that are open-world and are about harsh wilderness survival. Tree Of Savior can be seen to some people as very similar to Ragnorak Online in some aspects, that's probably because they are made by the same person.

I'm really excited for Fallout 4, because I loved Fallout 3 with DLC, and also modded Fallout New Vegas. 8-)
kirueggy
Someone's dedicated.

Who isn't excited for F4?
Green Platinum

kirueggy wrote:

Someone's dedicated.

Who isn't excited for F4?
Too many superhero movies as it is
lol was thinking of the new fantastic 4 movie
Topic Starter
s7ana
August 12th, Wednesday 2015:

So, if there ever was the possibility of some sort of zombie apocalypse. Even though some things of a "zombie" would break the rules of how the universe works.
What do you think it would actually be like, and what would be the best thing to do during one?

Depending on the type of zombies we will have, such as slow zombies who kind of drag themselves along. Or either the kind that is able to sprint. My idea on how much the zombie apocalypse will be like will be different.

__

If we were to have the slow zombie apocalypse, it wouldn't truly be that dangerous. The ones that are dangerous during this are most likely other people who are taking advantage of the chaos. Due to how slow the zombies are, and most likely their reflexes won't be the best, most people will either be able to fight them off easily. In melee range, you can easily take care of a zombie by being smarter, faster, and also stronger. Although, it is very hard to fight off a group of them with a melee weapon. You should be able to easily run away to somewhere safe and hide out for about 30-45 minutes to make sure you are not being followed. In a slow zombie apocalypse if you are aware of your surroundings you have a higher chance of surviving if you memorize the vocal noises a zombie makes, and that familiar stutter dragging stepping sound. The zombies most likely won't have a good chance to bite you, due to you being cautious when fighting unless you're confident for whatever reason. The most important problem in a slow walking zombie apocalypse, would most likely be food and shelter.

Food can be grown for fruits and vegetables, but they will generally take a long time to grow to be harvested. Which means you'll need another food source, which would be probably be your scarce scavenged food supplies before you had started growing food. Fishing is hard for me to figure out if it would work out or not. If a zombie, or an infected being (That has not turned yet) dies or drowns in or nearby a water source, is it safe to drink from it? If there is a small chance of becoming infected through that, how safe is it to eat a fish? A fish maybe won't turn into a zombie, but it could actually carry the disease. I can't test this theory but it is a hypothesis.

__

So a friend and I were talking about why a sprinting zombie apocalypse would be scary as hell. If zombies were able to sprint, that would likely mean they have a significant degree of strength higher than those slower walking ones. Basically if they can sprint, they can most likely hold onto a target more harder with their limbs or either break down something not too strong. A slow walking zombie would most likely not be strong as it, and if they can't even walk at a fast pace or sprint, they most likely can't break down something like a front door of a house (That isn't too damaged) or certain plexiglass. Now, a zombie that can sprint. That is a totally different situation, because they have the strength to sprint at a certain speed. Not to mention they don't even feel tired or fatigued and also ignore pain.

It would be scary as hell to be scavenging through a building, and then accidentally bump something on the ground with your foot. If it was loud enough for something in the room next over to hear, most likely a zombie will be able to hear it soon. Next thing you know, you'll hear some fast footsteps from somewhere above your below you, or maybe even from a room on the same level that you haven't explored yet. It's a zombie. Depending on what you have, being in melee range of a fast zombie is dangerous. Shooting a firearm may attract other zombies if there are any more in the building, or either nearby the structure you are in.

__

Oh.. I just realized it's a bit past midnight where I am and it's not Wednesday anymore. :cry:
Started writing this at 11:30pm because I couldn't find the time to start the post for today earlier. I hope you guys let this still count as a Wednesday post, since I started it before midnight afterall.
Granger
Regardless off the zombie type, they are (literally) brain dead. A fact you could easily take advantage of, get to a place unreachable unlesss you use a ladder or similar, zombies wont use ladders so if you use one to get up somewhere and then pull the ladder up to you, you'll be safe. If you find... explosives and such, dont use them as weapon but rather to destroy ways zombies could use. That staircase up to the upper level of your house? Gone, stairs are so yesterday, ladders is it.
silmarilen
hiding from zombies is never a problem. running out of supplies is
Topic Starter
s7ana
Auqust 14th, Friday 2015:

Alright, so I've got one question today. The answer to this question may actually differ depending on where you live and also what kind of life you grew up with. But here it is. Why exactly, is it that some people find it more strange or weird to hum in public instead of singing. A friend and I had this discussion and we don't even know the answer to it. Why is it that people find it weirder to hum in public or by themselves, rather than singing in public or by themselves. Like, even I am more comfortable with singing (Even though I'm terrible at it.) instead of humming in public or even by myself.

Like I said earlier, the answer may differ depending where you live and what kind of life you grew up with.

___

Here, have some cute animated cat gifs. *o*

[img]http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131221043823/austinally/images/e/e3/Anime_cat_throwing_snowball.gif[img][/img]http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Anime_0255f8_5470536.gif[/img]
show more