posted
Total Posts
show more
Fontes
i hope the issue gonna resolved well.
Wonki
SERIOUSLY

HEY DID YOU PLAY THIS MAP?
IF YOU REALLY THINK THAT YOU SHOULD BE PUT SVS IN 01:02:066 - ,THIS IS LACK OF UNDERSTANDING SONG/MAPPING.YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND INTENDED THING.

00:41:612 - THIS IS NEW PART OF SONG. HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH CONSISTENCY
ANYONE CAN PLAY THAT SLOW SV PART. IF YOU DON'T THINK SO, JUST YOUR LACK OF PLAYING.

IF YOU REMIND MAPPER, YOU OUGHT NOT TO DISQUALIFY.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND
Lirai
Here's my suggest on the jump SV to make it easier i guess, instead questioning argument lmao
00:53:581 - 2.10x
00:53:657 - 0.90x

or maybe u could to this too

00:53:581 - 1.35x
00:53:657 - 0.50x
Actually it's not a serious problem despite this map is already fine lol, and since this map got dq with those subjective issues i guess that's all i can suggest for this map, good luck! feel free to reject w
Mipha-
Apologies for giving out my concerns.

Kamikaze did ask me for confirming me to play this map while this is qualified like 6 days ago (?), so I think it was not too reassuring to memorize most of the patterns since I played around with it a couple of times.

I'm on my phone right now, so I can't give out too much solutions on reaching the middle grounds whatsoever, but what I want to point out is that there are 2 only SVs (excluding the slowjams) which I would think to tone it down. You can keep them, but lower the multiplication rates, since (I arranged it in the first order) :
1) The second SV (which is the massive one in before the chorus), would need to decrease the multiplication rates, idk what was it called because I'm not familiar in mapping SVs but I know for sure the kind is, and
2) The last SV (which would be the jump), also need to tone down. There isn't enough justification to spike the SVs in a jump like that.

I think that's all I need to address it out, I'm sorry for not pointing it out quite thoroughly as this is the first time I actually looking out for a few subjective issues in the forums.
shionelove
umm rip
all you have to do is just answer some mods,whether you accept or deny.however,instead of explanation you give the finger.

you need some rest
Evening
I was sent here because of SVs

SVs

I'll include the sample difficulty of what i think would be a better SV-ed map, feel free to delete some SVs, I made it so that you are free to choose which SVs you want and don't want

00:52:369 - I added an SV here but I don't think it really fits with 00:52:672 (52672|2) - since it isn't a prominent rhythm/instrumental

TimingPoints of Sample Difficulty https://puu.sh/zuySB/a0beb3ebdd.txt

i think i messed up the kiai a bit, you might want to fix that, i forgot where you put the end of kiais

--

welp, wanted to talk about the noting but i guess i'll retract
DDMythical
yo what why was my post removed it was perfectly neutral
Caput Mortuum
🤔
Crumpey
As requested in Crumpey's Mod Queue (it wasn't)

There seems to a bit of controversy about this map. its good seeing everyone discussing their opinions trying to decide whats best for the map, Ill express a few things i found while playing here, whether it was covered before or not isnt my intention, this is just as a first time playing the song.

Insane
00:41:612 - im not sure what youd call this, the slowdown? whatever. this sv seems to be really pointless, it feels janky to play and leads to easy acc drops, this would feel a hell of alot better with it just not being there in the first place
00:46:763 - according to other sections with the same beat, your missing a note here
00:53:581 - this sv seems to come outta nowhere, there being an sv at all does make alot of sense but its so fast and can lead to a pretty unfair miss.
00:56:006 - there being an sv to emphasise what im pretty sure is the vocals, youve not done here, it probably wouldnt hurt to also add one here
00:59:793 - the svs here suffer from the same as the first, they come at you so fast its really easy to misjudge the timing alltogether, i feel they need to be slowed down a bit

Fonte's Hard
Nothing much to say about this diff, other than that i disagree with the use of the 1/4 lns 00:19:642 (19642|3,19945|3) - 00:20:854 (20854|1,21157|1) - it adds unnecessary difficulty, the song would flow so much better without them, if you dont decide to remove them, id like to know why. (curiosity)

Normal
I feel in this diff there may be some consistancy issues, this sound here isnt mapped 00:22:672 - (i feel its important enough as it is to justify being mapped) also happens 00:25:096 - 00:27:521 - but for the same (and or very similar sounds ) here 00:29:945 (29945|3) - 00:32:369 (32369|0) - 00:34:793 (34793|3) - 00:37:218 (37218|2) - 00:39:642 (39642|2) - you have them mapped.

Honestly just for those first few a single note will suffice, it just feels off having a major sound from the song come and nothing being mapped there.

Thats all i could really find. my main concerns are with the Hardest diff but its nothing a bit of tinkering cant fix. Looking forward to the responces
Caput Mortuum
Maybe more feedbacks will convince you?
I've played the map and I have to agree that the sv is kind of overdone. If I were to map this, I would put the sv on 00:53:278 - instead (different kind of sv ofcourse). Putting it on the start of the kiai puts too much emphasis there, as 00:56:006 - , 00:58:430 - , and 01:03:278 - are not that different from the start of the kiai, making it look overemphasized in comparison. Same problem with 00:59:490 - , this section isn't that intense to justify the insane sv.
error_exe777
Oh my fucking god

@Niks

You have replied to all but one of the absolutely insane amount of concerns that have been placed down infront of you. You know, if you are so against replying to anything here then just apply mine or kami’s original ideas of deleting the SVs or adding extra ones for consistency.

((((edit: below is not directed at niks))))

I’m actually fucking surprised at the amount of people that have tried to get involved and wtf this map isn’t even that controversial. It’s just a couple of slapped on SVs that i and kami originally had posted about and tbf we didn’t need this amount of people to try to get into the drama. I haven’t even checked discord yet and i can already guess there is tons of discussion. It’s just another anime OP and like 4 pages of angry people swarming in after like 2 days or smth is ridiculous.

The only thing we can do now is wait for niks to properly acknowledge the SV concerns (and maybe hitsounds idk). No point running around like headless chickens trying to get in on some drama that isn’t even necessary
Kamikaze
@Maxus

I can't give a proper reply now as I'm resting after work on phone but I was thinking about it today and yeah, I would settle on a compromise, apologize for some of the remarks, might've been too agressive on it.

A middle ground in my view would be 1) making the intro to the chorus sv jump way less intense like you said and 2) fixing the problem I mentioned with one the vocal syllabes missing the SV, the slowjam is not too much of a problem, I stand by my opinion that it should be removed or extended but it's the least of the problems.

But, seeing as more people modded the map already, I have nothing else to say.

This might not seem like a big issue to you guys, but the SVs being put into maps just so they have SVs is becoming more common lately and also ranked maps have a lot of long lasting issues that were just ignored for far too long because either people don't care about them or don't want to post on qualified maps (for example the hitsound problems I went apeshit on lately).

I will not get my point across if I just lightly ask people "could you please change this?" because of course they won't, people are afraid of disqualifications (this was also not directed at you specifically Maxus, I just saw similar symptoms from some people posting here).

If anyone would be asking "why this got DQ'ed when other maps have worse issues???" - it's because nobody posted and/or nobody checked them for those problems.

I know this won't earn me any friends and I don't care, think what you want about me, make voodoo dolls with my face on them, I can provide you some unflattering pictures for them. But if I believe something's wrong or if someone else mentions that something's wrong then I'm going to do what I feel is right.

It's not a war with a specific group of people. It's trying to make the quality standards better so osu!mania ranked can stop being a fucking laughing stock for 3/4 of vsrg players worldwide.

That's it from me here, if you make changes Niks feel free to ask me for a check or mod, I'm willing to help.
though I doubt you'll actually do that
Xinnoh
Just a reminder that the ranking criteria applies to all modes and that the current hitsounds aren't sufficient. Hitsounds must be frequently heard when playing. You don't have to place them on every note, but having multiple 10 second sections of high-intensity music without any hitsounds is unrankable.

This set can't be rebubbled until this is fixed
Lirai
fyi the mapper feels demotivated rn and can't post anything since got silenced, i mean yeah he willing to change the jump SV since he was telling me in-game that he's going to apply my suggestion and so on he suddenly feel depressed and stop ranking this map. I tried persuade him back to continue the map but it didn't work. Yeah you guys should make up with him.. i mean how does that issues suddenly comes out when u already check the map and said fine to it..
error come on can you be a little bit polite here with your words

Sinnoh wrote:

Just a reminder that the ranking criteria applies to all modes and that the current hitsounds aren't sufficient. Hitsounds must be frequently heard when playing. You don't have to place them on every note, but having multiple 10 second sections of high-intensity music without any hitsounds is unrankable.

This set can't be rebubbled until this is fixed
The hitsound is fine, it's already confirmed in the last dq. this set can go without rebubble unless there's another unrankable issue or timing changes
Kamikaze
I really recommend looking at Evening's suggestions, I just saw what he made and it fits into the original idea while also making the map feel more coherent with the idea of putting SVs in the map as it has small SVs throughout the entire map which is good in my opinion. It's not perfect to me but it's a really good refference to use.

Unless you decide to apply Evening's suggestion I guess I can settle for the values you gave, prefferably the second one, but also I will be adamant about 00:59:490 - needing the same SV as 00:59:793 - , 01:00:096 - , 01:00:399 - & 01:00:703 - have if Niks is keeping the SVs. They should prefferably be 2,0 -> 0,5 though

Also I assume you're talking to error de-cade because I never checked this map before so couldn't see it beforehand
error_exe777
@DE-CADE

i was more so angry about waking up to thousands of people raving of a map that isnt even that significant. yes, i was eased over niks not replying to anything, but i was only directing the first paragraph towards him, not the two paragraphs afterwards.

i will admit i was slightly too angry then, i apologise to anyone i may have upset.

as for the map now, going of de-cade, niks has lost motivation for the map at the moment, so we should let it rest for a while until niks feels ready to push the mapset again. at that point we can actively fix the problems, rather than forcing him right now
Topic Starter
Niks
Go delete :roll:
Im sorry for helper :(
DDMythical
fuck happened?

i assume theres some sort of language barrier issue here aswell but none of these mods are directed to you as a person but to your work -- none of it is aggressive. do not take it personally and do not apply it to yourself or feel that you are useless for trying something (SVs) and having it not work

i (and many others) would rather you try something interesting and fail than never try anything at all

go back for rank with this -- there's no reason to drop everything here, you can learn something from this and better yourself.
Topic Starter
Niks

DDMythical wrote:

fuck happened?

i assume theres some sort of language barrier issue here aswell but none of these mods are directed to you as a person but to your work -- none of it is aggressive. do not take it personally and do not apply it to yourself or feel that you are useless for trying something (SVs) and having it not work

i (and many others) would rather you try something interesting and fail than never try anything at all

go back for rank with this -- there's no reason to drop everything here, you can learn something from this and better yourself.
leqek
홧팅
shionelove
if you want to delete this map,don't post something here
it just extends the time until graveyard:28days after updating maps OR last mapper's post
Amiichii
Sad :(
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.