forum

Twin-Tails - Twintail Dreamer! [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
show more
AyeAries
mania community rn are seriously active in checking qualified maps and it's a good sign :)
Lirai
Jump SV doesn't really trouble me anyway its fun challenge for me since its used at 1 spot only and the slowdown is pretty fit there i like it very much,it doesn't ruin my accuracy. i like this map lmao
Larc
the fact that this chart mostly follow drum and guitar, not vocal where you add hitsound on it (a bit confuse when played it). i can acc it when i set 0% effect volume lol.
Kamikaze
I will reply to Maxus' remarks later, not home yet
error_exe777
I think a couple people are missing the point

Just because something is fun or just because you are able hit the notes accurately doesn’t justify anything. Essentially a baseless arguement, we need to keep a level of quality in the ranked section and yknow, having non-sensical SVs “playing fine” doesn’t really give any argument for keeping them as they are
Garalulu
We are same human, we can make agreement ourself. I already talked about this issue with Niks, and I understand his opinion. Respecting mapper's opinioin is one of important thing for BN tho. Yeah you can get another mind about this mapset and write your opinion. I hope we will find good mutual agreement.

But,
Don't take it to wrong way. I got some terrible message from kami, he said "You just want to defend your friend, this is also what happened on enigma two years ago."
What? I got request from mapper and checked it. It's normal progress, what's wrong with it? I talked about issue with Niks, and got agreement with him. Even if the mapper is not Niks, it will be same progress. But you wanna make this some circlejerk result. If it's not same with your opinion, is it circlejerk?
Please take constructive discussion, don't attack someone with nonsense and rude comment. If you wanna help mania system, get better attitude when you are talking about maps. It's a basic rule, how to talk others. Thanks
Maxus
Kay, Felt like i really need to reply cause this felt so wrong. will reply again after sleep.

error_exe777 wrote:

Just because something is fun or just because you are able hit the notes accurately doesn’t justify anything. Essentially a baseless arguement
I'm really confused right now, How does something that is fun and play well doesn't justify things? it is a really major component in determine whether the map actually pose the problem from the start or not. in fact if the map can satisfy the target audience the map's try to direct , I don't see the reason to over-analyze things too much if each element has its purpose and other stranger personally said its nice, as it is by itself hits a very grey area of perception.

error_exe777 wrote:

we need to keep a level of quality in the ranked section and yknow, having non-sensical SVs “playing fine” doesn’t really give any argument for keeping them as they are
quality is very very subjective and differ for each person, and you know it. it is not something you can "keep the level" on cause each interpretation can lead to really biased thing. i remembered back then that "overchorded" and "overmap" were an issues that been brought multiple time as "quality" issues, and now it actually got into the rank section and we see it doesn't get posed as an issue from either player / mapper anymore. It is just one of the strong proof on how we can't really bring quality as the reason very easily.
error_exe777

Maxus wrote:

Kay, Felt like i really need to reply cause this felt so wrong. will reply again after sleep.

error_exe777 wrote:

Just because something is fun or just because you are able hit the notes accurately doesn’t justify anything. Essentially a baseless arguement
I'm really confused right now, How does something that is fun and play well doesn't justify things? it is a really major component in determine whether the map actually pose the problem from the start or not. in fact if the map can satisfy the target audience the map's try to direct , I don't see the reason to over-analyze things too much if each element has its purpose and other stranger personally said its nice, as it is by itself hits a very grey area of perception.

uhm well, yes i can agree the playability of a map is a very important factor in the "quality" of a map but its not the only factor. just because a map plays well does not mean it adheres to the level needed to reach the ranking criteria. you could create a completely overmapped beatmap and even if its "fun" it doesnt means its rankable per se. i just think blaming everything on just whether it plays well is a really narrow-minded way of looking at the map because quality is not just decided by whether it plays well. if a map has problems, it cannot be disregarded just because it isnt objectively bad to play. if you were to make a vibro map or something that people found fun to play, that doesnt immediately mean its rankable. you have to take into consideration the other factors rather than just immediately assuming something is okay because it plays well. if a section of a map is inconsistent, or illogical, or disregarding the music or false emphasis whatever you want to label, it cannot be brushed to the side just because the target audience doesnt have a problem with it. this map has a problem, and just because it plays well doesnt mean we can just brush it to the side, you know?

error_exe777 wrote:

we need to keep a level of quality in the ranked section and yknow, having non-sensical SVs “playing fine” doesn’t really give any argument for keeping them as they are
quality is very very subjective and differ for each person, and you know it. it is not something you can "keep the level" on cause each interpretation can lead to really biased thing. i remembered back then that "overchorded" and "overmap" were an issues that been brought multiple time as "quality" issues, and now it actually got into the rank section and we see it doesn't get posed as an issue from either player / mapper anymore. It is just one of the strong proof on how we can't really bring quality as the reason very easily.

quality isnt subjective?? okay, the level of quality differs for each persons map but there is a level of quality you need to reach for a map to be rankable. even pishifat mentioned this in one of his earlier videos iirc. the problem at hand is that there are problems with the map that dent the "quality" of it and letting maps with these problems slip through is where the problem lies. we need to keep this level of quality because the ranked section needs to have that quality. its not subjective at all, anyone can look at a map and determine its quality (if you know what you're doing) and its not like the objective quality of a map differs from person to person. the only thing that differs is the ability to determine the quality of a map. quality is not a person to person basis, its something that is set in stone. and thats why we need to fix these problems because its quite obviously a hinder to the maps quality (in my eyes) and myself and kami have justified why it is. its not like the actual quality of the map is different between me and you for instance, its just down to how we view the map and what we determine as acceptable and not acceptable.

Maxus

error_exe777 wrote:

uhm well, yes i can agree the playability of a map is a very important factor in the "quality" of a map but its not the only factor. just because a map plays well does not mean it adheres to the level needed to reach the ranking criteria. you could create a completely overmapped beatmap and even if its "fun" it doesnt means its rankable per se. i just think blaming everything on just whether it plays well is a really narrow-minded way of looking at the map because quality is not just decided by whether it plays well. if a map has problems, it cannot be disregarded just because it isnt objectively bad to play. if you were to make a vibro map or something that people found fun to play, that doesnt immediately mean its rankable. you have to take into consideration the other factors rather than just immediately assuming something is okay because it plays well. if a section of a map is inconsistent, or illogical, or disregarding the music or false emphasis whatever you want to label, it cannot be brushed to the side just because the target audience doesnt have a problem with it. this map has a problem, and just because it plays well doesnt mean we can just brush it to the side, you know?
I never really say that those are the only component that determine quality, I only emphasize that those factors are really important to gauge whether something as crucial as we thought, or actually it just falls within really grey area where how the interpretation for us.
And I won't really say something is a problem from the start, cause it's still fall to the matter of perception here, hence there's my explanation before on why it actually have purpose and make sense according to the environment that takes part within each situation, section and music in previous part.
Let me take example on those slowdown SVs, while you say it doesn't make sense, the fact is that i checked other ranked std maps and they all do the slowdown in that section. while you might wanna argue it's "other map" and have nothing to do with this, we need to think why they all do that. afterall, you said yourself we need to take other consideration when we try to mapping something, which applies here when the mappers takes another approach of planning and give more thought than what we might think.
You yourself said we need to take other consideration when we try to judge things, and you are true, this map actually takes other consideration from multiple different aspect such as std thing i mentioned, and apply each part based on what the mapper considered will fit or not, that if we actually try to think further on mapper's mind and put into the context, its actually makes sense, consistent and do music justice.

error_exe777 wrote:

quality isnt subjective?? okay, the level of quality differs for each persons map but there is a level of quality you need to reach for a map to be rankable. even pishifat mentioned this in one of his earlier videos iirc. the problem at hand is that there are problems with the map that dent the "quality" of it and letting maps with these problems slip through is where the problem lies. we need to keep this level of quality because the ranked section needs to have that quality. its not subjective at all, anyone can look at a map and determine its quality (if you know what you're doing) and its not like the objective quality of a map differs from person to person. the only thing that differs is the ability to determine the quality of a map. quality is not a person to person basis, its something that is set in stone. and thats why we need to fix these problems because its quite obviously a hinder to the maps quality (in my eyes) and myself and kami have justified why it is. its not like the actual quality of the map is different between me and you for instance, its just down to how we view the map and what we determine as acceptable and not acceptable.
Quality that needs to be reach from the map to be rankable is called by "Ranking Criteria" , it's probably the only thing that we can called objective from quality (even then, it has couple subjective stuffs such as ogg hs and 320kbps mp3 , but that's different topic) , the rest other than that is really subjective.
If we can determine all the thing how the map flows, how the part best interpretated, when we uses SV, how much of it, how much LN , etc, then it will be wrote in RC from long time ago don't you think? But we know we can't do that cause it simply falls too subjectively.
and if quality been set in stone from start, then what we get is one dimensional map that everything's been determined from the start if you really think about it, Why is it? because we know objectively how much SV we have to use, we know objectively whether we need to use 3 or 4 or 5 notes (in 7K) , whether we know objectively that we need to use 121 LNs cause more or less is bad and not allowed, and other possible interpretation falls bad because it goes out from what we call by "objective quality". We want to avoid that at all costs from happening cause that's not what it's supposed to be.
Kamikaze

Maxus wrote:

Well, if the map get dq then so be it, but i really feel i need to make some couple important remarks here.

although the hitsounds are a thing already discussed I'll just chip in to say that soft sampleset in general works really badly on any type of song that's fast, intense, or Not Piano Actually as the tiny hat sounds are more annoying than actually helping, normal sampleset with a standard hitnormal would already be way better, you could also raise the volume of the keysounds a bit to make them more important and more distinct since they're not really now

but that's not why I came here

SVs in this map are pointless and badly executed, you are just putting SVs so you have something interesting in your map and it has very bad effects on it.

Starting with the fact that you have only three spots in the map where you put any SVs and the first one is at 41 seconds into the map, it's incredibly inconsistent. Then to make it all consistent do the map really need SVs all over the place then? I don't really get this kind thinking. Usually SVs for most map are treated as additional properties instead of becoming the main thing of the map, and having couple places SVs in this map does make sense to me instead of compelling all the way to make SVs for other spots, which doesn't only felt forced when playing, but deviating from map's intention from the start.

The thing is, I was not vouching for adding more SVs. I'm of the opinion that this map doesn't need ANY SVs and it would be better off not having those sparse random changes for the sake of map looking cooler. It's what I refer as making SVs for the sake of having SVs in the map. The SV feels forced, each one of those three SVs feels forced just to have it. Maybe apart from the third one but more to that later.

The slowdown at 00:41:612 - albeit not that noticeable makes no sense as this section is not that much less intense than the previous one, more to that, you revert to 1,0x SV at 00:48:884 - where an EVEN LESS INTENSE PART HAPPENS, which is a nail in the coffin, the slowdown SV makes no sense and serves no purpose The instrument fading here, it has much less hard instrument compared with upbeat part before, and the vocal signify by singing in a much lower key to support the less intense instrument, i think it gives more than enough reason to do so.
For the part at 00:48:884 - , it's actually more intense for me because It gains additional instrument that's not exist in previous section (the guitar here much much more loud suddenly) , and this part serves as the bridge before going through the Reff or we usually call by kiai section, I do think it's reasonable enough tbh.

We have differing opinions then because the instrument is indeed fading but then more of the intensity is fading as it's slowing down to then make a bigger return for the chorus. That being said the slowjam only really serves as sort of an annoyance because the layering is not really taken into account, the scroll speed slows down but you have trickier LNs to handle which is impractical while also it's not big enough to force a diffrent reading technique so it's pretty awkward.

00:53:581 - This SV comes out super randomly, there is no other place in the entire map where you have an SV at this sound, then you have the execution which I can see that you might've tried to normalize the SV jump to 1x but you have the placement which is this:

This makes it so you don't have a normalized SV jump that's okay to play but there's a sudden slowdown that you cannot sightread because even if you expect SVs from the song (I didn't) you don't get any SVs in the first half and also you don't expect a sudden slowdown there so you automatically let go of LNs and miss. There are couple things that justify this part.
1. If there's already slowdown happening before, doesn't it strike player that this map will have SV in later part and then prepare for that?
2. This is the very first where the kiai or the reff of the song appear here, when the main entertainment appear, it's natural for me to have more exciting thing appear.
3. For number 1, Even if you want to say this need more than one time to be nailed, isn't most of SV map generally like that? I don't think the nature of SV in general can be immediately nailed by people who never play the map at all tbh. moreover i remember couple years ago when i was non-BN, i remember you stating https://puu.sh/ztOmu/4acdca2e63.png to public, so this somehow gives impression that you double-standard things so subjectively.
4. The leaderboard have many of the tester nailing the map to the point top rank player get SS or 998k+ effortlessly, usually we stating that something is silly/dumb when players constantly can't nail specific part properly, but leaderboard results contradicts that.

It's funny that you mention Batting Show because this is a perfect example of a map that's built SPECIFICALLY FOR SVS. This map is not. This map only has a jump that's too powerful for what the song provides just to have some effect. The concept of this map and it's patterning are not built specifically for SVs. Batting Show is.
The slowdown happening before argument is also not logical because it might make a player think "huh there are SVs here?" but also if you expect players to guess that they will have an uneven 3,1x->0,3x jump after a 0,92x slowjam then you are wrong.
I also don't get the point about it being an excitement factor, the excitement factors are kiai, harder patterning, but not a single SV that starts off this "hype" section. Also funny how you mention that when you later mention that you dislike heavy SV maps.
As for 4. of course that it's a hyperboly, it's a 3,8* acc map mostly 1/1 rhythms, remembering two seconds is nothing for top rank players, same for me, it took me 4 tries to SS the map, even though it didn't beat my 1x200 score due to not focusing that much on ratio. If you expect that on a map like that leaderboards will show clearly stuff like that then it's not. I've asked a couple of fairly good people to play the map and give me their opinions and while they have differing opinions about the patterning and third SV, I've only heard "wtf" "why is this so strong lmao it doesn't fit here" and so on comments about this particular SV. Also if it wasn't for this SV the whole mod of mine would just consist of saying that the third SV is inconsistent while asking for a fix

00:59:490 - This is also the only point in the song where you use this type of SVs and for some reason you don't use them on the first chord and use it on all other chords????? consistency?????????????????? if you say that the first chord is not suitable for putting this SV there because of whatever reason you will be correct but it will also apply to all of the SVs here
you are just putting SVs for vocal syllabes with no further context, this is not okay.At the same time, this part is the only part where the vocal syllables comes out consistently at 1/1 beat, no other part in the music does this, So having this particular SV doesn't make it not reasonable considering the fact we have here.

Okay, I can agree with that point, but there is next to no lead in to that as in there is no other SV like that in the entire map even if it was way less intense so you can't possibly expect that without hearing about what the map has beforehand. And also that doesn't solve the issue of he's accenting four vocal syllabes and forgets about the first one.

01:01:460 - why are you suddenly using quads for those drums? you only use quads otherwise when there are also LNs going alongside (which I also don't really agree with since there's no sound as strong as to support a quad imo) Niks did answer me before. http://puu.sh/ztOCP/960d54d6b2.png

Besides the fact that the reasoning (probably due to the language barrier) is basically "I think it's not overchorded, I think it's less overchorded" I guess it's subjective, not gonna push hard on that one

and then I got struck by a really good question regarding the hitsound usage there was an argument for:

If you clearly map to the drums in this map, why are you so opposed to making any kind of drum hitsounding and instead use a tiny hat sound along with piano for vocals?????????????

Because mapper generally will map more than one instrument?
in the end of the day, there will be other kind of instrument to be mapped in the process, but it doesn't really mean it was in the mapper intention to highlight that instrument in general.

Yeah but also if he does make notes for the drum and drum notes sometimes paired with vocals give even quads is it really that much to ask for to just add some (even light)
drum sample? Especially with the first point that I've mentioned - the soft hitnormal sounds REALLY jarring on this map, it's hard to concentrate on accuracy for me as someone who uses hitsounds for timing because the hat sample is clashing really hard with the song. I get that Niks does the piano keysounds for the vocals, it's a novel idea, but the fact that it's novel doesn't mean that it should always be done by all means necessary because hey I want my map to have that swag most people won't even notice.

Personally for me as BN, I like to thinking on what mappers try to planning first for certain part (it even stated at code of conduct, and i agree with it). So for most part, i put my personal opinion aside towards other mapping approaches if i do think it makes sense in accordance to many other factors i considered within the range of the song.
I myself have personal opinion that i don't really like heavy SV map that have really unpredictable nature that i need to go editor for like tenth times or more to nail properly, but i saw many others like it and even say its amazing, so i don't really pursue that if none has problem to begin with. I appreciate the concern, but i do think this can be done more respectfully.

If you're going for code of conduct as an argument so will I:
"When making suggestions, try to differentiate between what is intersubjectively / objectively bad or wrong, and what you simply dislike on a personal level. All types of suggestion are fine as long as they are put forward accordingly."

"Unless the concept behind a beatmap is fundamentally flawed from the start, modding should aim to improve the map in its current design - not force your own style upon it. If you truly believe the map has too many significant issues to address individually, try to give a general statement of why this is the case and what direction you think the map should go in to get back on track."

I believe that the concept behind the SV usage is fundamentally flawed from the start as the song does not provide the instrumental feedback for SVs that are presented in the map and said SVs are flawed in their construction:
- first SV does not make much sense if you just cut the slowjam when the intensity of the song drops from the section that the slowjam was presented on
- second SV has literally no introduction or follow up, it's a once per map SV and it's way too intense while also not properly distanced
- third SV is not consistent with itself as the SV jumps accent the lyrical syllabes but they do it for 4 syllabes out of 5 before the denser part which is a flawed execution of said concept

Also regarding the second point here, everyone has their own opinion and more people dislike SV heavy maps even if they have solid justification for each of the gimmicks presented and the gimmicks are polished to the point of representing the song's nature perfectly just because they either can't play them or just dislike gimmicks, same goes for LN charts. This is not the problem here. The SVs aren't hard, they're not representing the nature of the song, this song doesn't really have a climax, it just has a slightly more intense chorus, as with a lot of anime songs and this also shows with the fact that Niks put the SVs in only three places and the first one is 41 seconds into the map.
The other thing is that there's is no introduction, there is no cue for the fact that there will be any SVs in the map, this map is literally what you would expect from a TV size chart except it just throws random stuff at you in the second half. Which is not okay.
@garalulu the stuff I said was said under the impulse while feeling like I'm talking to someone who doesn't even want to hear an argument, but also you forgot about something:

and for the record I don't get how you find the sentence "I feel like you just want to defend your friend by all means necessary" is an insult that you take offence to, but I am not going to further follow this topic, this is a conversation for private messages if you want to ofc

Also if there are any concerns, any problems, anything to change (the third SV objectively needs to have one more jump to be consistent with itself if it's not gonna be deleted) there should be a DQ happening. And I feel like y'all are just treating disqualifications as some sort of stigma like it was in the older days. It's really not a big deal to take the map down to make some changes that the community wants (not specifying myself here), you are not mapping for yourself but for the community when going for ranked.
I might be wrong about that and if I am, treat it as a PSA for other mappers.
Krfawy
Moo, that would've been great if there had been an easy difficulty in this set. DX
Wonki

DE-CADE wrote:

Jump SV doesn't really trouble me anyway its fun challenge for me since its used at 1 spot only and the slowdown is pretty fit there i like it very much,it doesn't ruin my accuracy. i like this map lmao
This is fact. please do not tackling
shionelove
idk whether 00:53:581 this is good or bad,but i think you might want to add same SV to 00:56:006 / 00:58:430 / 01:03:278 and so on.
about 00:59:793 this SV change one note to LN.it would be more predictable and consistent.

01:26:612 add here!
Maxus
The blue word is the middleground i try to offer here.

Kamikaze wrote:

The thing is, I was not vouching for adding more SVs. I'm of the opinion that this map doesn't need ANY SVs and it would be better off not having those sparse random changes for the sake of map looking cooler. It's what I refer as making SVs for the sake of having SVs in the map. The SV feels forced, each one of those three SVs feels forced just to have it. Maybe apart from the third one but more to that later.
Deleting All SVs would be too much to ask tbh, Feel forced felt too exaggerated for me when for example, the first slowdown doesn't even that impactful in terms of gameplay but still have enough effect to be noticeable. i'm in opinion that we should find a middle ground of this, but i will explain that later at other main point.

Kamikaze wrote:

We have differing opinions then because the instrument is indeed fading but then more of the intensity is fading as it's slowing down to then make a bigger return for the chorus. That being said the slowjam only really serves as sort of an annoyance because the layering is not really taken into account, the scroll speed slows down but you have trickier LNs to handle which is impractical while also it's not big enough to force a diffrent reading technique so it's pretty awkward.
I will try break into 2 parts here:
1. Musicality. I think we already have agreement that the instrument is fading and the SV still makes sense in music accordance, but from what i catch, the part at 00:48:884 - need slowdown too? I don't really agree with this one because i still stand that this part having more build up towards the kiai part. since 00:41:612 - and 00:48:884 - are two different sections (emphasized by that thick white line) it won't do to combine both of the SV, having them as different signify different parts and short bridge of normal gameplay before head up to main part of the song.
2. Playability. The SV doesn't give too much of an effect to the point where it disrupt the gameplay. I testplay it and really felt it is fine, and looking at other player's replay from rank section, they don't do bad too, so i really don't think slowjam being disrupting here.

Kamikaze wrote:

It's funny that you mention Batting Show because this is a perfect example of a map that's built SPECIFICALLY FOR SVS. This map is not. This map only has a jump that's too powerful for what the song provides just to have some effect. The concept of this map and it's patterning are not built specifically for SVs. Batting Show is.
The slowdown happening before argument is also not logical because it might make a player think "huh there are SVs here?" but also if you expect players to guess that they will have an uneven 3,1x->0,3x jump after a 0,92x slowjam then you are wrong.
I also don't get the point about it being an excitement factor, the excitement factors are kiai, harder patterning, but not a single SV that starts off this "hype" section. Also funny how you mention that when you later mention that you dislike heavy SV maps.
As for 4. of course that it's a hyperboly, it's a 3,8* acc map mostly 1/1 rhythms, remembering two seconds is nothing for top rank players, same for me, it took me 4 tries to SS the map, even though it didn't beat my 1x200 score due to not focusing that much on ratio. If you expect that on a map like that leaderboards will show clearly stuff like that then it's not. I've asked a couple of fairly good people to play the map and give me their opinions and while they have differing opinions about the patterning and third SV, I've only heard "wtf" "why is this so strong lmao it doesn't fit here" and so on comments about this particular SV. Also if it wasn't for this SV the whole mod of mine would just consist of saying that the third SV is inconsistent while asking for a fix
First off, I never mentioned anything about Batting show, that's why i specifically only mentioned through the screenshot instead. I simply wanna say that i looked at you as guy that really like unique thing to the point you supporting even if unsighreadable SV exists, people really needs it in ranking cause we need new things, from that point, i wanna emphasize i'm confused that now you want SV that can be nailed on first try, it doesn't really makes sense for me. Feel free to clarify if you want, but i will try to put this aside for now.
The excitement point that i mentioned, what i mean is that the SVs aren't random here, why? because it's placed on exactly where kiai first appear, if just for example, suddenly the bump appear at 00:31:915 - , then i will agree with you, but that's not the case here.

Finally, I will try to give middle ground towards this SV, how about if the mapper doing standard 1,5x and 0,5x SV here? it is a really standard and generic SV that we found literally anywhere within the rank map, so this shouldn't be too strong anymore at this point.

Kamikaze wrote:

Okay, I can agree with that point, but there is next to no lead in to that as in there is no other SV like that in the entire map even if it was way less intense so you can't possibly expect that without hearing about what the map has beforehand. And also that doesn't solve the issue of he's accenting four vocal syllabes and forgets about the first one.
For me, having the 1,5x and 0,5x SV that what i suggest earlier is already giving a cue for the player that there will be more SV there, besides. the pattern is literally only 1/1 triple with SV here, i don't really see any element of surprise and generally will be surprise if they can't hit that simple pattern.
About the sum of vocal syllables, it's actually at correct number here.

but i do admit the note at 00:59:490 (59490|3) - actually supposed to be LN, yeah this note need to be changed to LN, i admit i missed this one.

Kamikaze wrote:

Yeah but also if he does make notes for the drum and drum notes sometimes paired with vocals give even quads is it really that much to ask for to just add some (even light)
drum sample? Especially with the first point that I've mentioned - the soft hitnormal sounds REALLY jarring on this map, it's hard to concentrate on accuracy for me as someone who uses hitsounds for timing because the hat sample is clashing really hard with the song. I get that Niks does the piano keysounds for the vocals, it's a novel idea, but the fact that it's novel doesn't mean that it should always be done by all means necessary because hey I want my map to have that swag most people won't even notice.
Well, let me explain why at first i think it won't fit. because i did ever icon https://osu.ppy.sh/s/499643 this map, and now i think about it, how the piano blend with normal HS along with snare/drum doesn't fit with the softness of piano, and i will be really dissapointed if the end piano keysound being forced to got deleted cause it's a really nice experience for this map.

However, if you can give the mapper "light drum" hitsound that actually pair well with the keysound without disrupt each other, then i will have no rebuttal, that's the furthest i willing to give.

Kamikaze wrote:

If you're going for code of conduct as an argument so will I:
"When making suggestions, try to differentiate between what is intersubjectively / objectively bad or wrong, and what you simply dislike on a personal level. All types of suggestion are fine as long as they are put forward accordingly."

"Unless the concept behind a beatmap is fundamentally flawed from the start, modding should aim to improve the map in its current design - not force your own style upon it. If you truly believe the map has too many significant issues to address individually, try to give a general statement of why this is the case and what direction you think the map should go in to get back on track."

I believe that the concept behind the SV usage is fundamentally flawed from the start as the song does not provide the instrumental feedback for SVs that are presented in the map and said SVs are flawed in their construction:
- first SV does not make much sense if you just cut the slowjam when the intensity of the song drops from the section that the slowjam was presented on
- second SV has literally no introduction or follow up, it's a once per map SV and it's way too intense while also not properly distanced
- third SV is not consistent with itself as the SV jumps accent the lyrical syllabes but they do it for 4 syllabes out of 5 before the denser part which is a flawed execution of said concept
When did I use CoC as argument i wonder? i simply stated that's how i usually doing when i try to mod other people map, i even emphasize that with "personally for me, i do this that way" instead of direct this to other people, it's no more and no less. But let's have this aside for now.

I unfortunately need to disagree if it comes down to "all SV is fundamentally wrong and doesn't fit in the map" argument, you even agree that the music does have certain instrument or cue to support the SV, for example the slowdown part where its fading. And as i said in earlier part, i believe we can reach middle ground with this one, because:
1. As I already explained it before (well, my earlier explanation have more concrete words), both have different sections that's quite obvious and quite emphasized itself , I don't believe combine slowjam would do here.
2. Second SV being placed at the exact same time as when reff appear isn't random by any means. I already give middle ground to make the SV less surprising, I hope it can be agreedable.
3. The third SV vocal syllables already correct, it just needs one of note to be changed to LN, if it will be DQ, it is a really minor change.

Kamikaze wrote:

Also regarding the second point here, everyone has their own opinion and more people dislike SV heavy maps even if they have solid justification for each of the gimmicks presented and the gimmicks are polished to the point of representing the song's nature perfectly just because they either can't play them or just dislike gimmicks, same goes for LN charts. This is not the problem here. The SVs aren't hard, they're not representing the nature of the song, this song doesn't really have a climax, it just has a slightly more intense chorus, as with a lot of anime songs and this also shows with the fact that Niks put the SVs in only three places and the first one is 41 seconds into the map.
For me lot of SV maps does good job if they interpret the unpredictable nature of the song, but at the same time they uses a lot of strong SV that i personally can't really do the justice with the impact of the song itself. And when its really hard, the leaderboard proves it by having minimal player FC it and almost none can't nail certain part properly.
The SV in this map represent the song properly as the reason i gave before, and the fact is that first SV is slowdown part instead of immediately bouncing, just this one already give proof that it doesn't give immediate surprise here.

Kamikaze wrote:

The other thing is that there's is no introduction, there is no cue for the fact that there will be any SVs in the map, this map is literally what you would expect from a TV size chart except it just throws random stuff at you in the second half. Which is not okay.
there is though, it gives soft warning through slowjam which poses no threat at all, and it isn't random by any means when it does good job on how it does interprate the song.

Kamikaze wrote:

Also if there are any concerns, any problems, anything to change (the third SV objectively needs to have one more jump to be consistent with itself if it's not gonna be deleted) there should be a DQ happening. And I feel like y'all are just treating disqualifications as some sort of stigma like it was in the older days. It's really not a big deal to take the map down to make some changes that the community wants (not specifying myself here), you are not mapping for yourself but for the community when going for ranked.
I might be wrong about that and if I am, treat it as a PSA for other mappers.
I think i already said i don't care if the map get DQ, what i disagree is if you ask the mapper to remove the entirety of the SV or keysound instead of find the middle ground here. I won't really say this is what community wants tbh, as there are splits opinion regarding this one and players result generally dictate its fine, it's too vague to be told. anyway i still gave my middleground.
I agree that we map for community, but for what reason if you don't map for yourself too? afterall, i believe mapper can have piece of their interpretation left in the map they spent hours to do so.

-----
With that being said, I believe the middle ground i try offer to you is already reasonable enough here (I emphasize with blue color here) , I did explain all in terms of musicality and playability those SVs still makes sense and not random in placement. For me the most possible to be change is within the second SVs, which i personally will change to the most standard 1,5x and 0,5x SV, I did testplay and it doesn't felt too strong either and have more room to read between the intersection. and about the HS i did ask your help if you could find sample that fits the keysound here, i will really appreciate if you do find and give to the mapper!
Topic Starter
Niks

shionelove wrote:

idk whether 00:53:581 this is good or bad,but i think you might want to add same SV to 00:56:006 / 00:58:430 / 01:03:278 and so on.
about 00:59:793 this SV change one note to LN.it would be more predictable and consistent.

01:26:612 add here!
Because there is no effect

and 01:26:612 This snap is wrong
Protastic101
There's some discussion going on that doesn't seem to be winding down yet. Also, I think it'd be best to get the mapper's response to the points raised by error and Kamikaze as while we can make some pretty close inferences on what the mapper is trying to do/thinks about a pattern, ultimately we aren't the mapper so we can't speak for him with 100% certainty.

Personally, I think the SV at 00:53:581 - is fine existing, but could be weakened in strength, like 1.9x to 0.7x or something. The issue that comes with this tho would be consistency as there's no SV at 01:02:066 - despite the sound and emphasis being the same.

00:41:612 - Slowdown would be fine but the section similar to it at 00:22:218 - is only 1x which raises another consistency issue. Throwing SVs in without first setting up something to hint at them like adding SVs when these sections first appear is a bit problematic cause the player's expecting that similar sections would share some similarities in style. Adding SVs in the repeat of these sections is counter intuitive because you're essentially introducing a new idea at the end of the map without any warning.

Also, I would like to remind you all to please keep the thread civil and avoid any personal attacks. Please remember the code of conduct when posting. Focus on the map itself rather than what the modders or mapper has done or said in the past.
Fontes
i hope the issue gonna resolved well.
Wonki
SERIOUSLY

HEY DID YOU PLAY THIS MAP?
IF YOU REALLY THINK THAT YOU SHOULD BE PUT SVS IN 01:02:066 - ,THIS IS LACK OF UNDERSTANDING SONG/MAPPING.YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND INTENDED THING.

00:41:612 - THIS IS NEW PART OF SONG. HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH CONSISTENCY
ANYONE CAN PLAY THAT SLOW SV PART. IF YOU DON'T THINK SO, JUST YOUR LACK OF PLAYING.

IF YOU REMIND MAPPER, YOU OUGHT NOT TO DISQUALIFY.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND
Lirai
Here's my suggest on the jump SV to make it easier i guess, instead questioning argument lmao
00:53:581 - 2.10x
00:53:657 - 0.90x

or maybe u could to this too

00:53:581 - 1.35x
00:53:657 - 0.50x
Actually it's not a serious problem despite this map is already fine lol, and since this map got dq with those subjective issues i guess that's all i can suggest for this map, good luck! feel free to reject w
Mipha-
Apologies for giving out my concerns.

Kamikaze did ask me for confirming me to play this map while this is qualified like 6 days ago (?), so I think it was not too reassuring to memorize most of the patterns since I played around with it a couple of times.

I'm on my phone right now, so I can't give out too much solutions on reaching the middle grounds whatsoever, but what I want to point out is that there are 2 only SVs (excluding the slowjams) which I would think to tone it down. You can keep them, but lower the multiplication rates, since (I arranged it in the first order) :
1) The second SV (which is the massive one in before the chorus), would need to decrease the multiplication rates, idk what was it called because I'm not familiar in mapping SVs but I know for sure the kind is, and
2) The last SV (which would be the jump), also need to tone down. There isn't enough justification to spike the SVs in a jump like that.

I think that's all I need to address it out, I'm sorry for not pointing it out quite thoroughly as this is the first time I actually looking out for a few subjective issues in the forums.
shionelove
umm rip
all you have to do is just answer some mods,whether you accept or deny.however,instead of explanation you give the finger.

you need some rest
Evening
I was sent here because of SVs

SVs

I'll include the sample difficulty of what i think would be a better SV-ed map, feel free to delete some SVs, I made it so that you are free to choose which SVs you want and don't want

00:52:369 - I added an SV here but I don't think it really fits with 00:52:672 (52672|2) - since it isn't a prominent rhythm/instrumental

TimingPoints of Sample Difficulty https://puu.sh/zuySB/a0beb3ebdd.txt

i think i messed up the kiai a bit, you might want to fix that, i forgot where you put the end of kiais

--

welp, wanted to talk about the noting but i guess i'll retract
DDMythical
yo what why was my post removed it was perfectly neutral
Caput Mortuum
🤔
Crumpey
As requested in Crumpey's Mod Queue (it wasn't)

There seems to a bit of controversy about this map. its good seeing everyone discussing their opinions trying to decide whats best for the map, Ill express a few things i found while playing here, whether it was covered before or not isnt my intention, this is just as a first time playing the song.

Insane
00:41:612 - im not sure what youd call this, the slowdown? whatever. this sv seems to be really pointless, it feels janky to play and leads to easy acc drops, this would feel a hell of alot better with it just not being there in the first place
00:46:763 - according to other sections with the same beat, your missing a note here
00:53:581 - this sv seems to come outta nowhere, there being an sv at all does make alot of sense but its so fast and can lead to a pretty unfair miss.
00:56:006 - there being an sv to emphasise what im pretty sure is the vocals, youve not done here, it probably wouldnt hurt to also add one here
00:59:793 - the svs here suffer from the same as the first, they come at you so fast its really easy to misjudge the timing alltogether, i feel they need to be slowed down a bit

Fonte's Hard
Nothing much to say about this diff, other than that i disagree with the use of the 1/4 lns 00:19:642 (19642|3,19945|3) - 00:20:854 (20854|1,21157|1) - it adds unnecessary difficulty, the song would flow so much better without them, if you dont decide to remove them, id like to know why. (curiosity)

Normal
I feel in this diff there may be some consistancy issues, this sound here isnt mapped 00:22:672 - (i feel its important enough as it is to justify being mapped) also happens 00:25:096 - 00:27:521 - but for the same (and or very similar sounds ) here 00:29:945 (29945|3) - 00:32:369 (32369|0) - 00:34:793 (34793|3) - 00:37:218 (37218|2) - 00:39:642 (39642|2) - you have them mapped.

Honestly just for those first few a single note will suffice, it just feels off having a major sound from the song come and nothing being mapped there.

Thats all i could really find. my main concerns are with the Hardest diff but its nothing a bit of tinkering cant fix. Looking forward to the responces
Caput Mortuum
Maybe more feedbacks will convince you?
I've played the map and I have to agree that the sv is kind of overdone. If I were to map this, I would put the sv on 00:53:278 - instead (different kind of sv ofcourse). Putting it on the start of the kiai puts too much emphasis there, as 00:56:006 - , 00:58:430 - , and 01:03:278 - are not that different from the start of the kiai, making it look overemphasized in comparison. Same problem with 00:59:490 - , this section isn't that intense to justify the insane sv.
error_exe777
Oh my fucking god

@Niks

You have replied to all but one of the absolutely insane amount of concerns that have been placed down infront of you. You know, if you are so against replying to anything here then just apply mine or kami’s original ideas of deleting the SVs or adding extra ones for consistency.

((((edit: below is not directed at niks))))

I’m actually fucking surprised at the amount of people that have tried to get involved and wtf this map isn’t even that controversial. It’s just a couple of slapped on SVs that i and kami originally had posted about and tbf we didn’t need this amount of people to try to get into the drama. I haven’t even checked discord yet and i can already guess there is tons of discussion. It’s just another anime OP and like 4 pages of angry people swarming in after like 2 days or smth is ridiculous.

The only thing we can do now is wait for niks to properly acknowledge the SV concerns (and maybe hitsounds idk). No point running around like headless chickens trying to get in on some drama that isn’t even necessary
Kamikaze
@Maxus

I can't give a proper reply now as I'm resting after work on phone but I was thinking about it today and yeah, I would settle on a compromise, apologize for some of the remarks, might've been too agressive on it.

A middle ground in my view would be 1) making the intro to the chorus sv jump way less intense like you said and 2) fixing the problem I mentioned with one the vocal syllabes missing the SV, the slowjam is not too much of a problem, I stand by my opinion that it should be removed or extended but it's the least of the problems.

But, seeing as more people modded the map already, I have nothing else to say.

This might not seem like a big issue to you guys, but the SVs being put into maps just so they have SVs is becoming more common lately and also ranked maps have a lot of long lasting issues that were just ignored for far too long because either people don't care about them or don't want to post on qualified maps (for example the hitsound problems I went apeshit on lately).

I will not get my point across if I just lightly ask people "could you please change this?" because of course they won't, people are afraid of disqualifications (this was also not directed at you specifically Maxus, I just saw similar symptoms from some people posting here).

If anyone would be asking "why this got DQ'ed when other maps have worse issues???" - it's because nobody posted and/or nobody checked them for those problems.

I know this won't earn me any friends and I don't care, think what you want about me, make voodoo dolls with my face on them, I can provide you some unflattering pictures for them. But if I believe something's wrong or if someone else mentions that something's wrong then I'm going to do what I feel is right.

It's not a war with a specific group of people. It's trying to make the quality standards better so osu!mania ranked can stop being a fucking laughing stock for 3/4 of vsrg players worldwide.

That's it from me here, if you make changes Niks feel free to ask me for a check or mod, I'm willing to help.
though I doubt you'll actually do that
Xinnoh
Just a reminder that the ranking criteria applies to all modes and that the current hitsounds aren't sufficient. Hitsounds must be frequently heard when playing. You don't have to place them on every note, but having multiple 10 second sections of high-intensity music without any hitsounds is unrankable.

This set can't be rebubbled until this is fixed
Lirai
fyi the mapper feels demotivated rn and can't post anything since got silenced, i mean yeah he willing to change the jump SV since he was telling me in-game that he's going to apply my suggestion and so on he suddenly feel depressed and stop ranking this map. I tried persuade him back to continue the map but it didn't work. Yeah you guys should make up with him.. i mean how does that issues suddenly comes out when u already check the map and said fine to it..
error come on can you be a little bit polite here with your words

Sinnoh wrote:

Just a reminder that the ranking criteria applies to all modes and that the current hitsounds aren't sufficient. Hitsounds must be frequently heard when playing. You don't have to place them on every note, but having multiple 10 second sections of high-intensity music without any hitsounds is unrankable.

This set can't be rebubbled until this is fixed
The hitsound is fine, it's already confirmed in the last dq. this set can go without rebubble unless there's another unrankable issue or timing changes
Kamikaze
I really recommend looking at Evening's suggestions, I just saw what he made and it fits into the original idea while also making the map feel more coherent with the idea of putting SVs in the map as it has small SVs throughout the entire map which is good in my opinion. It's not perfect to me but it's a really good refference to use.

Unless you decide to apply Evening's suggestion I guess I can settle for the values you gave, prefferably the second one, but also I will be adamant about 00:59:490 - needing the same SV as 00:59:793 - , 01:00:096 - , 01:00:399 - & 01:00:703 - have if Niks is keeping the SVs. They should prefferably be 2,0 -> 0,5 though

Also I assume you're talking to error de-cade because I never checked this map before so couldn't see it beforehand
error_exe777
@DE-CADE

i was more so angry about waking up to thousands of people raving of a map that isnt even that significant. yes, i was eased over niks not replying to anything, but i was only directing the first paragraph towards him, not the two paragraphs afterwards.

i will admit i was slightly too angry then, i apologise to anyone i may have upset.

as for the map now, going of de-cade, niks has lost motivation for the map at the moment, so we should let it rest for a while until niks feels ready to push the mapset again. at that point we can actively fix the problems, rather than forcing him right now
Topic Starter
Niks
Go delete :roll:
Im sorry for helper :(
DDMythical
fuck happened?

i assume theres some sort of language barrier issue here aswell but none of these mods are directed to you as a person but to your work -- none of it is aggressive. do not take it personally and do not apply it to yourself or feel that you are useless for trying something (SVs) and having it not work

i (and many others) would rather you try something interesting and fail than never try anything at all

go back for rank with this -- there's no reason to drop everything here, you can learn something from this and better yourself.
Topic Starter
Niks

DDMythical wrote:

fuck happened?

i assume theres some sort of language barrier issue here aswell but none of these mods are directed to you as a person but to your work -- none of it is aggressive. do not take it personally and do not apply it to yourself or feel that you are useless for trying something (SVs) and having it not work

i (and many others) would rather you try something interesting and fail than never try anything at all

go back for rank with this -- there's no reason to drop everything here, you can learn something from this and better yourself.
leqek
홧팅
shionelove
if you want to delete this map,don't post something here
it just extends the time until graveyard:28days after updating maps OR last mapper's post
Amiichii
Sad :(
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.