show more
Yuudachi-kun
I use _index
-Makishima S-
ring on [A] for tapping
index on [D] for streaming
Maenen

Mahoganytooth wrote:

There's nothing worse inherently about using your middle finger to tap. Just keep practicing and you'll gain speed as you keep playing.
^this

don't change fingers if you feel it'll hinder your gameplay, you'll gain speed and consistency over time no matter what finger you use-- some people use the ring finger or even the pinkie, so don't worry too much about it!
Astrofiziks
you can use any finger if you try hard enough and believe 8-)
pandaBee
Learn to alternate.
I Give Up
Any. Don't think just push the button.
Deva
The best finger for tapping is one you play more with.
Drayne
Kinda had the same problem, just stick to the finger you are used to. And there are a lot of pro players who are using middle finger
Setsuen
Just do whatever you're comfortable with. I alternate tap and when consecutive hit circles comes up I single tap. However I use my index but switch to middle when my index starts getting tired.
_entropic
I alternate.
But if I did single tap, I'd prefer my middle finger.

I'm pretty sure WubWoofWolf can single tap really fast and accurately with either finger, but prefers his middle.
AGRX
I say single tap with index cause its usualy shorter finger and tapping doubles starting with index is harder.
Well at least for me i full alternate it doesnt matter which finger i start doubles, but physicaly
and its easier for me to tap endlessly doubles starting with middle finger.
Fspirit
I tap with my _index because my middle finger starts to hurt really fast
ZenithPhantasm

HK_ wrote:

The best finger for tapping is one you play more with.
I see what you did there :P
totekingsg1
I use my middle finger, cause i started playing that way and now it´s hard for me to change, cause I can´t do triples properly when there are some single notes before them.

As MY opinion, playing with the index finger is easier to singletap ( I´m faster with the index finger also, no idea why), and it hurts less, or at least i get less tired than when I singletap with the middle one.
h4cxxc0r3
the key is to keep practicing with finger that most comfortable for you
trebby

h4cxxc0r3 wrote:

the key is to keep practicing with finger that most comfortable for you
also play more
Fatal015
Index finger. Middle finger is more consistent but I can't stream starting with it, and I'm too lazy to practice with it.
ZenithPhantasm
dont forget to play more

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

dont forget to play less
ftfy
Yuudachi-kun
Gain more pp.
Senpoii
I tap with my middle finger and stream with my Index... I use ER keys.

As mentioned before, don't change your play-style to fit in with the pro's. Just do what you're comfortable with and you'll get there eventually.