forum

Demetori - Heartfelt Fancy

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rapthorn
Oh shit goldenwolf ranked something again
Lanturn
One of those songs you can leave on repeat for hours and never get annoyed by it.

Congrats!
Keada
ayy :D congratz c:
Topic Starter
GoldenWolf
Thank you guys <3
Garven
That giant ending spinner isn't needed. :(
It'd bring you to 1111 objects if you removed it too.
Topic Starter
GoldenWolf
I'd rather remove my heart than this spinner
</3
Horo
the spinner is ample time for rank 1 shenanigans with cursor smoke, never remove it!
Nomination Assessment Team

Disqualification Notice

Hello!

Unfortunately, the Quality Assurance Team has decided to disqualify this beatmap. The following is a list of reasons and examples for the disqualification. We do not outline every issue in detail, so make sure to take the idea behind each reason and apply it to the entire beatmap as issues might be found in more than the spots mentioned below. If you have any questions, please reply to this post and we will do our best to clarify any misunderstandings.

General

soft-hitwhistle2.wav is focused on the right ear

• The hitsound is unpleasant to listen to and creates confusion while playing. Therefore, we consider it unacceptable, please use this one instead. The waveform of the current file clearly shows the mentioned problem.
Stage 4

Inappropriate kiai usage

• You activated a kiai fountain without proper reasoning right at the begin of the song, hence why it needs to be removed.

If you happen to have concerns about this disqualification, you can contest the decision with this form. Before using this form, please read the instructions carefully.

The Beatmap Nominators may handle this mapset after the issues have been addressed.

Good luck!

###CS
Okoratu
oh i didn't know that thing about the hitsound having to be equally strong in both waves, noted.

the kiai thing shouldn't hurt much either

uhh call me back once that happened i guess
Topic Starter
GoldenWolf
Changed the hitsoundfile since I get why it'd be annoying, as for the kiai; I used it on every section that has a cymbal on every beat, so it makes sense to use it for the intro aswell.
Okoratu
Ok the first kiai has been properly explained and it makes sense.

Like... a lot of sense. I see keeping it as acceptable because it just really makes a lot of sense to have it for the intro as well given the explanation.
Natsu

Okoratu wrote:

Ok the first kiai has been properly explained and it makes sense.

Like... a lot of sense. I see keeping it as acceptable because it just really makes a lot of sense to have it for the intro as well given the explanation.

Garven
Sorry, the DQ post didn't properly explain the issue with the kiai: The first red line has kiai activated on it - this is causing the kiai fountain to activate immediately upon mp3 start as opposed to the first beat of music where this is timed. Remove kiai from the first red line, but keep it on the green on. This is a technical issue. Fix it. I recommend that all of you playtest maps in the default skin so that you don't miss things like this.
Topic Starter
GoldenWolf
Oh well then, fixed.
Okoratu
oh yes it was worded in a way that made me assume that you thought the first kiai was deemed unfitting and therefore has to be removed
Natsu
Same as Oko that post make me think the issue was related to the kiai section.... Anyways all seems fine, map is awesome.

Yuii-
Fjkqlcnskxn
Yuii-
Iujiiiii, Congraaaaatssss
Topic Starter
GoldenWolf
Ayyyy thank you again guys! Hope it will be fine now ;_;
Horo
:( time to get #1 again eventually
Yabuki Nako
I really enjoy this map with HR, but that last spinner... I just can't pass it.

This is pretty frustrating to fail because you can't spin 400rpm for 2 years (330 rpm is not enough).

There no chance that something can be done ?

Nice map btw.
Topic Starter
GoldenWolf
There is; Practice spinners until you can pass it with HR :^)
Ringating
Yabuki Nako
Ok. =(

Thanks for the reply.

I'll pass on the spinner practice, I'll just put NF from now.
Topic Starter
GoldenWolf

Ringating wrote:

:/
what about it?
Ringating
just seems odd to flip the image such that the focus of the image is now covered in song select.

also after looking again, this seems to be closer to the actual original
Topic Starter
GoldenWolf
The "original" one has saturated colors that looks pretty bad and is somehow zoomed in, which gives me a dizzy feeling looking at it. I also prefer the characters to be on the left, but that's just me.

And why would I have to use the original anyway.
Natsu

GoldenWolf wrote:

The "original" one has saturated colors that looks pretty bad and is somehow zoomed in, which gives me a dizzy feeling looking at it. I also prefer the characters to be on the left, but that's just me.

And why would I have to use the original anyway.
bad wolf :(
Topic Starter
GoldenWolf
natsu pls
Ringating
no reason to stick to the original (not that I said that there was); it's simply not what I would have done given what's available, and that's all I was really trying to express.

additionally, both the 1-pixel-off vertical resolution and the compression artifacts are (most likely) results of allowing osu to resize and re-compress the image. This can be avoided through resizing and saving your images manually (in paint.net/gimp/ps/etc.)