forum

Splatoon

posted
Total Posts
show more
Bestelle

Friendan wrote:

RL Link wrote:

Range Blaster kind of sucks right now. It is outclassed by everything else, and has the highest time to kill out of every single shooter type weapon, despite having a slow firing rate.
No idea what you're talking about, but okay. Not even playing for the time being, I think I've dealt with japanese lag enough for one week.
NaomiMinette
Urchin Underpass - new vs. old comparison:

EDIT: http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-squid-girl-outfit-confirmed-for-north-america/

A;SLDFKJAS;LDFJ;ALSDKJF;LASKDJF;LASDJF;LASDFJK; AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
OzzyOzrock
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
NaomiMinette
Mwahahahaha, her Tunic is on order for me!
ZiRoX
The Slosher is broken, nerfed soon?
NaomiMinette
Eh... I still can shoot them from a distance without using Chargers (snipers) or the new gatling gun.

Btw, they're tracking stats now: https://splatoon.nintendo.net/ (site is in Japanese as of this post, but it works for all accounts regardless of region)
ZiRoX

Blazevoir wrote:

Eh... I still can shoot them from a distance without using Chargers (snipers) or the new gatling gun.

Btw, they're tracking stats now: https://splatoon.nintendo.net/ (site is in Japanese as of this post, but it works for all accounts regardless of region)
Of course, you can kill them, but they still have a large range, they shoot a lot of ink and it spreads, it isn't terribly slow and the ink consumption is really low.
NaomiMinette
EDIT: Full Ika Musume set get!
7ambda
Looks like Team Marshmallow won. 3-0, haven't lost a Splatfest yet. I also got a +34.0 vibe and racked up a large win/loss ratio. :D
Azure_Kite
Meanwhile, across the other side of the world, just about everyone in my plaza is on the South Pole side.
NaomiMinette
Azure_Kite
Playing as an octoling was as simple as changing a "playertype" variable to 3 instead of 1 or 2. 1 and 2 are the female/male Inklings. That being said, if playable Octolings are going to be a thing, we'll definitely need a patch. While the Octolings are playable by yourself and visible to other players, if you get an Octoling in your plaza, it apparently softlocks the game.
NaomiMinette
Get ready for more potentially broken weapons!... or something: http://nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/splatoon-upcoming-weapons.png

EDIT: Two videos showing/explaining Rainmaker:

Also, I finally got S Rank \o/ There's no S-, btw.
Azure_Kite
I'm currently B- Rank; I tend to play in bursts, and then stop before I hit a bad streak xD
NaomiMinette
ZiRoX
Aaaand to stop Blazevoir from editing his post, Flounder Heights joined the map rotation!
NaomiMinette
Her*, and I'm honestly surprised no one said anything to what I posted... /corner
Azure_Kite
To be honest, I generally just follow the Splatoon subreddit, skim past all the Callie Marie fanpersoning and get my news from there :<

I'll be playing over the weekend, so if anybody wants to team up and battle the world, my NNID is Azure_Kyte.
NaomiMinette
I'll probably be around for a few rounds, especially if I'm leveling up new gear.

P.S. Flounder Heights is officially my most favorite map <3 (Fun fact: try listening closely at the trees.)
Azure_Kite
Flounder Heights is a lot of fun!

Another fun little thing: The maps located around the level show the ink splattered in realtime, similar to the gamepad. I'll be running around with my trust N'Zap '89 :D
NaomiMinette
Yeah, I noticed that on a showcase/tour video. Dunny why they'd put that if you can just use the Gamepad, but whatever.
Azure_Kite
I wanted to play more this weekend, but Ludum Dare got in the way.

I played a game with you and mm though, so I am content :D
NaomiMinette
Oh what... I swear I didn't notice you...
jericho2442
azure :O didnt know you played this. you need to be in the skype group so we have more chance of pure private battles!
Azure_Kite
Yeah I kinda got a WiiU a month ago and this was bundled with it <3

I have MK8, Splatoon, Hyrule Warriors and Wind Waker. I'll probably play some more Splatoon today \:D/
7ambda
I finally got S rank at level 30.
-Maus-
MLG 360 NoInk?
NaomiMinette
Getting to S+ is impossible... I almost always get paired with bad teams...
Azure_Kite
I laughed like a madman when we made a last-ditch Tower dash in overtime. We held that tower from -49 all the way up to a knockout. That feels good.
NaomiMinette
Oy, you. We still need to make a Squad at one point :P
Azure_Kite
Well how about this, I'll go online for a couple hours. I'm on Skype at the moment, so shout out at me when you're ready :P
NaomiMinette
Timezones, though... orz

EDIT: =OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

_sparky_

Sorry if image is so big, I took photo with my phone.

Splatfest is so exhausting.

What did you guys choose? Art or Science?
NaomiMinette
Art... not like it really matters. Apparently both sides are sucking it up this Splatfest. I literally had several consecutive victories of over 65% (the highest, I think, being 77.5), while my Science friend says he's gotten something similar as well.

EDIT: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. Talk about extremely close (51% to 49% for both categories; Art wins). Grats to both sides, regardless!
NaomiMinette
Separate post because this is extremely important. Be careful when playing online!

EDIT: Apparently it's been dealt with now.
7ambda

_sparky_ wrote:

Only +9.0 vibe?
NaomiMinette
The originally-only-Japanese Splatoon website called SplatNet is now in English! Check it out here.
Azure_Kite
I preferred its original japanese name, Squid Ring.
EOHK-Fluttershy
I don't play much of it, even though I just bought it but feel free to hit me up to play some Squid Kid Simulator.

NNID: TacoBellChan
NaomiMinette