forum

Splatoon

posted
Total Posts
show more
NaomiMinette
Got the game. Pretty much what I expected, but that's not saying I like or dislike it.

P.S. Team Cats represent!
Topic Starter
Friendan

Cephre wrote:

All the melee weapons are overpowered, Splat-O-Matic is the best weapon imo
sounds like you need to git gud if you think melee weapons are overpowered. tentatek is the real culprit it has no counters
NaomiMinette
Splatfest stuff
Note: First three were taken back-to-back; last was taken after I was done for today.

Happy 4th of July!
Pawsu
mm, if i had a wiiu i'd totally buy this up. it looks so good ;~;
Topic Starter
Friendan
Unfortunately, it's potential is somewhat hindered because when it comes to multiplayer, Nintendo is incompetent. If you get a map or gamemode you don't like in the rotation, you have to wait. The netcode is also pretty bad, considering that if a single person has bad internet, it can cause others to disconnect and the game to lag in general. And rollers shooting across the map. Ranking system also sucks. Besides that, it's a good game. I couldn't participate in the Splatflest, because I'm in France. I was going to pick dogs, and they eon supposedly. Majority picked dogs by 62% but they lost at 49%? That's ridiculous. I heard most dogs were just going against other dogs most of time, however.
OzzyOzrock
Yeah, it was dog eat dog out there *badumtish*.

Surprisingly had a lot less disconnects during Splatfest. I expected the opposite.
NaomiMinette
Kinda sucks we can't keep our Splatfest titles, but whatever. I'm just happy I managed to get 18 Super Sea Snails.

EDIT: The power of RNG (mind you, I can't reroll yet as of this post):

Notester82
I like the N-Zap '85.. :P Not really because I owned an NES from before (..I didn't. ;~;) but it's just a really good weapon.. I'm about level 8ish and I'm not done with the story mode yet..

Heh.. Online multiplayer is cool and all, but what if there were an offline multiplayer option, with bots? I'm not just saying that because my internet sucks.. Or maybe I am. ._.
NaomiMinette
I'm actually surprised there isn't an offline multiplayer option (not looking at the Dojo, btw), but the main draw to this game is online, so...

Topic Starter
Friendan
Marie is best gril
I wish I was at home so I could have gotten those shells. My RNG is bad so I wouldn't have gotten anything good, actually.
I recognize your avatar Notester. Squidboards?
Notester82

Friendan wrote:

I recognize your avatar Notester. Squidboards?
No, actually.. I just went into GIMP and put the MLG shades on a normal Squidling Boy.. .-. T-there's a forum for Splatoon, eh? c: I thought it was all casual and stuff but I think I might try playing competitively soon.. Covering playfield in team color ink>Kills.. :P
Topic Starter
Friendan
Oh. Your avatar is the default avatar for squidboards and someone one there put the shades on it too. But yeah, there is a forums for Splatoon. I go there sometimes.
Kills are better than covering ink, because you slow the other team down while covering ink.
Notester82

Friendan wrote:

Oh. Your avatar is the default avatar for squidboards and someone one there put the shades on it too. But yeah, there is a forums for Splatoon. I go there sometimes.
Kills are better than covering ink, because you slow the other team down while covering ink.
Heh, what a coincidence.. :P What I meant about kills though, was that you don't want to go for them the whole time.. You're right about killing (Oh, sorry.. INKING.. Forgot this was an E10+ game.. ._.) the other team, I've just seen other people go for kills the entire match, which cost their team..

Myself included. ;~; I usually stay back and ink the uninked floor/walls in the beginning of the match, then I try to take out enemies and steal their turf.. ^^
NaomiMinette
Y'know... we really should try to get at least 8 of us together at one point, August update or not.

Btw, I found a site that shows when the map rotations are as well as the current maps: http://splatoon.ink/

Notester82

Blazevoir wrote:

Y'know... we really should try to get at least 8 of us together at one point, August update or not.

Btw, I found a site that shows when the map rotations are as well as the current maps: http://splatoon.ink/
Oh my gosh, that website is so helpful.. Thanks! :D I'd try to play too, but my Wii U and TV are not set up yet.. :F ..And what are they adding in August?
NaomiMinette
Basically, better matchmaking options:

"Party matchmaking will allow four players to party up online and find another team to battle. Meanwhile, custom games will support up to 8 players and allow them to choose any stage or ruleset they want."

-Maus-
-message removed-

rip freedom
NaomiMinette
So Mr. Iwata's funeral was held earlier today (July 17)... Gonna be an emotional Splatfest, that's for sure...
Bestelle
People disconnecting for daaaays.
NaomiMinette
I've had a few situations, but it's not entirely bad for me.

If you meant Splatfest, I've only had one d/c out of all my matches going for the last title (and it only happened on today's).
7ambda
Level: 20
Favorite Weapon: Splash-o-matic (turf war) / Gal .52 Deco (ranked battle)
NaomiMinette
(I might as well join in.)
  1. Level: 20
  2. Rank: B- (been trying to get B for a while already)
  3. Favorite weapons:
    1. Turf War: Krak-On Splat Roller
    2. Splat Zones: Aerospray MG/RG or N-Zap '89 (situational)
    3. Tower Control: Splattershot Jr.
7ambda

Blazevoir wrote:

Just get in a lobby full of people in the C- to C+ range.

eZ rank boost
NaomiMinette
That only happened when I was about to go back to C+. When I got back to around 30 points, B- and up started showing up again.
Bestelle
Pretty much anyone in the C+ - B+ range is easy for me, I'm just too lazy to give a shit about grinding and typically don't like to rely on team mates. Otherwise I wreck up shop nearly every match (12-18 kills ea).

B-
I use the weird red gun thing that explodes, the mid range one.
-Maus-

Blaze it
NaomiMinette
FINALLY got B thanks to Kelp Splat Charger on Tower Control. /totallydidn'tplayallday

Done with Ranked for now, at least until Rainmaker comes out.
-Maus-
The name of this gun makes me think it's just gonna finish the match before it even starts, and I don't even have this game
Katze
I bought the game a few days ago and I absolutely love it. Splatoon is the first console game in years I really enjoy playing. I'm currently level 14 but the leveling feels a bit slow. My favorite weapon is the Krak-On Splat Roller but I'm having difficulties with ranged weapons, I haven't figured out how to not get killed by the everytime. I'll start ranking as soon as I hit level 20 - looking forward to it!
NaomiMinette
Ranked Battles give you more than double the EXP and money compared to Regular Battles... if you win anyway (the losing team gets absolutely nothing if the winning team gets a K.O. result), so I guess I don't really blame you for waiting. Not to mention, some of the popular weapons don't get unlocked till the later levels.

Going back to Ranked, Rollers are okay for Splat Zones, but I'd advise not to use them for Tower Control since people tend to use weapons with crazy long range (not just limited to Chargers (snipers)).
Katze

Blazevoir wrote:

Ranked Battles give you more than double the EXP and money compared to Regular Battles... if you win anyway (the losing team gets absolutely nothing if the winning team gets a K.O. result), so I guess I don't really blame you for waiting. Not to mention, some of the popular weapons don't get unlocked till the later levels.

Going back to Ranked, Rollers are okay for Splat Zones, but I'd advise not to use them for Tower Control since people tend to use weapons with crazy long range (not just limited to Chargers (snipers)).
Yeah I know about the double EXP, but as you said, the "better" weapons get unlocked at later levels. I'm not sure what I really want to "main" right now. I really like the rollers because I don't really like to go for kills or direct enemy contact in games, I'm more of a supporter if that makes sense. But at the same time I always look at my team members winning 1v1 with their guns and I think to myself: "Wow, how cool - I want to do that too." and then I switch to a gun (I tried the N-Zap '89 and another one but I only know the german name for that and I couldn't find the english one) and end up with only a few points after a won game. But thanks for the tips nonetheless, maybe I'll find a weapon that fits me later on!
NaomiMinette
Bestelle
I wonder when there is a safe time to play without running into the japanese lag players. Game is starting to become a chore more than anything else now. Welp
_sparky_

RL Link wrote:

I wonder when there is a safe time to play without running into the japanese lag players. Game is starting to become a chore more than anything else now. Welp
the only time you can play without japanese people is when japanese people have their splatfest.

I was playing with this japanese girl and she kept killing me while being on my team o.o
Bestelle
Apparently. Playing allll day.
Edit: Yeah I think I'm only playing during splatfests now, this is silly.
-Maus-
NaomiMinette
Topic Starter
Friendan
Hot dogs ftw
So, who else here plays blasters? What do you think about the blaster compared to the range blaster? A lot more of my shots have been direct hits because of the range increase, but I don't know. I kind of miss bubbler.

RL Link wrote:

Range Blaster kind of sucks right now. It is outclassed by everything else, and has the highest time to kill out of every single shooter type weapon, despite having a slow firing rate.
CokLz

Friendan wrote:

How is the game? Level? Favorite weapon?
Post your squid kids!

I'm level 19, 4000p away from 20. C ranked in ranked currently, haven't played much of it. I plan to forge my gear once I can because 3 star gear does not look very fresh. Favorite weapon is Splattershot Jr., favorite roller is the Dynamo Roller. High score on Squid Jump is 17769. My name in game is Brendan, NNID is XDBrendanXD
I want a wii u,and a splatoon ;-;
NaomiMinette
Here's the full patch notes for the massive update coming later this week:

http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-version-2-0-0-full-patch-notes/
show more