DakeDekaane wrote:

I just hope the inactivity penalty isn't that big :(
Yeah me too :c
Kibbleru
or b gud at RNG :D
Yauxo

DakeDekaane wrote:

This is my biggest concern with this. I dont mod often, but if I do, it's usually in a burst (5 mods/day with 2 weeks break as opposed to 5 mods in 2 weeks for example)

Well, let's see how things go
ZiRoX

Yauxo wrote:

DakeDekaane wrote:

This is my biggest concern with this. I dont mod often, but if I do, it's usually in a burst (5 mods/day with 2 weeks break as opposed to 5 mods in 2 weeks for example)

Well, let's see how things go
See p/3933612 for a small example on how the system would still allow this
Topic Starter
p3n
FAQ updated.
Kuron-kun

p3n wrote:

they would face the wrath of the tiger, the dawn of the popcorn fairy, or be trampled by the hoofs of the professor for any abuse.
Definitely the best part of the FAQ <3
Kibbleru
should you also include something about the difficulty of the map / how borderline it is?

u know, the skystar maps, although good, some of them are really hard or borderline rankable. It obviously takes more effort to rank things like that so.. i think there should be some compensation for the BNs who have the balls to rank stuff like that :D
xxdeathx
Difficulty is no easy thing to quantify. Not even star rating is accurate, especially not for skystar maps.
Kibbleru

xxdeathx wrote:

Difficulty is no easy thing to quantify. Not even star rating is accurate, especially not for skystar maps.
True i guess... yeah i thought so.

everyone is just gunna qualify safe stuff lmao
Secretpipe
so we just have to wait the system to be polished and then we'll know our scores ? o:
Topic Starter
p3n
More or less. I don't want to release unfinished numbers because it will just confuse everyone. We might drop an anonymous preview.
Marcin

p3n wrote:

More or less. I don't want to release unfinished numbers because it will just confuse everyone. We might drop an anonymous preview.
Topic Starter
p3n
Back to work! *whips*
ZiRoX
I think there are some things that aren't really clear:

1) There isn't anything about a specific timeframe to place icons, how will doing BN activity going to be accounted? For example, as long as I don't participate in 7 mapcycles, there won't be any score calculated, aside from that I'd be getting from mods. So I could be getting steady score by doing mods and avoid participating in ranking (even safe icons). Maybe you don't consider it a flaw at all, you can keep helping maps by modding and only iconing when you really, really see something worth it, instead of being forced to meet monthly goals, but this needs to be cleared.

2) The calculation uses your last 7 rankscores/contributions, would the calculation be triggered from the 7th map onward (7th map, 8th map, 9th map) or every 7th map (7th map, 14th map, 21th map, though this option would be a bit lenient, as in some modes like CTB participating in that much maps takes longer than in other modes). In the first case, let's assume someone messes up and gets 3 DQs in a row, like this (O is something that got ranked, X something that got DQed):
1st Calculation: OOOXXXO
2nd Calculation: OOXXXOO
3rd Calculation: OXXXOOO
4th Calculation: XXXOOOO

Since "this score is added to your overall "Score Balance" - much like before in the monthly ranking", this "fail" would be added to your score 4 times, which sounds kind of a rough penalty. Maybe you have thought of this, but adding some weightings on the score based on their position on the list (the latest weighting more in the calculation) will balance this, i.e., on the 1st calculation they will have a big weight (since they are recent fails), once this example BN starts doing better, the fails get a smaller weighting and their punishment on the latest calculation isn't that heavy (getting -100, -75, -50, -25 score on each calculation instead of -100, -100, -100 and -100 [disclaimer: random numbers]).
Alarido
Hope the penalties for the same beatmap dq-rq-dq-rq-dq-rq be treated in the same manner as done with multiple bubbles in a bubble-pop-bubble-pop-bubble-pop-...-bubble sequences.

(For the same map ID, I meant. Different maps has fully another story.)
Krfawy

Alarido wrote:

Hope the penalties for the same beatmap dq-rq-dq-rq-dq-rq be treated in the same manner as done with multiple bubbles in a bubble-pop-bubble-pop-bubble-pop-...-bubble sequences.
Alarido, please. Do you believe in that? I am 100% sure it will come like every bubble/qualify for a single disqualify will be treated like another beatmap even if you bubbled the same mapset three times in a row and it got disqualified three times as well. Remember that we qualify and bubble on our responsibility so we just lose more points for more DQs.
Sonnyc
Is this actually happening? Any progress or news?
It's been nearly a year, and that's pretty a long period to wait and see.
Cherry Blossom
Outdated wow haha
Yuii-
With the new system coming out soon it's just a matter of time to start forgetting all these things, I guess.
Sonnyc

Yuii- wrote:

With the new system coming out soon it's just a matter of time to start forgetting all these things, I guess.
Actually I guess so too :3