forum

Daniel Ingram - Hearts as Strong as Horses

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
diraimur

ztrot wrote:

I've looked over this once again, all the changes i asked for have been adjusted! bubble for you as request of the creator I'm revoking for silly reasons imo but whatever as long as the mapper is happy 8D
Sorry ;w;

Will make sure I make best of it.

Edit: k eventually I kinda screwed this up since I didn't know how bubbles worked, basically I wasted ztrot's time for nothing, sorry ztrot. ;w;
pls forgive me
Krfawy
Нормаль
  • Давай, ОД4, пожалуйста! ХD
  1. 00:08:501 (1,2) - По моему то я бы дал серкла и после слайдера.
  2. 00:31:727 (1,2) - Тоже само xD
  3. 01:10:437 (1,2) - И ещё раз .3.
  4. 01:23:985 (1) - Очень короткий слайдер, можешь сделать что-нибудь иное, пожалуйста?
  5. 01:38:018 (2,3) - Не давай стаков в нормале, это очень трудно играть и считать!
  6. 01:58:340 (4) - Я бы дал серкла вместо слайдера. :v
Also would be nice to set AR8.3-8.5 in Insane I believe. L69L
Arphimigon

diraimur wrote:

k eventually I kinda screwed this up
we all screw up the first time we try and rank smth

Krfawy wrote:

Also would be nice to set AR8.3-8.5 in Insane I believe.
meh AR makes no difference to me, let the world take vote
Firmatorenio

Krfawy wrote:

Нормаль
  • Давай, ОД4, пожалуйста! ХD //было в оригинале, дирай менял статы за меня
  1. 00:08:501 (1,2) - По моему то я бы дал серкла и после слайдера. //окей
  2. 00:31:727 (1,2) - Тоже само xD //эм не, не подходит здесь, путает ритмы (00:33:905 (6) - 00:35:840 (1) - )
  3. 01:10:437 (1,2) - И ещё раз .3. //переделал паттерн, но не применено, путает ритм впоследствии (01:14:550 (1,2) - )
  4. 01:23:985 (1) - Очень короткий слайдер, можешь сделать что-нибудь иное, пожалуйста? //ещё один длиннный слайдер? нуок //алсо, спиннер, не слайдер
  5. 01:38:018 (2,3) - Не давай стаков в нормале, это очень трудно играть и считать! это обычно нормально, но я не умею это правильно использовать -:\
  6. 01:58:340 (4) - Я бы дал серкла вместо слайдера. :v //если только один, то почему бы и нет..
I cry tbh xD
Arphimigon
So what is happening now?
Topic Starter
diraimur

Arphimigon wrote:

nobody knows yet ;w;
Firmatorenio

diraimur wrote:

Arphimigon wrote:

nobody knows yet ;w;
or nopony..?
Arphimigon
Seeing that this map may one day go back for rank...
It fills you with determination.

CMC wrote:

We've got DETERMINATION
To represent the nation
Fooooooooor theeeeeeeeeeeeeee wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!
EDIT
http://puu.sh/lWR3B/83f6054353.txt near bottom of here IRC mod
ztrot
everything looks good now good luck~
Arphimigon
Lets try again!
HappyRocket88
I was asked to mod this trough PM :u Merry Christmas!

Popping because there's no hitsounds in the easy diff

confirmed here with the Aibat

[ General]
  1. Add to tags "Flight to the Finish" because this was the episode where the song firstly appears.
  2. Add to tags "Songs of Ponyville" because is the album name where the song releases.
[ Easy]
  1. 01:01:727 (3) - This note is so off screen
  2. 00:31:727 (1,2) - Ending the sliders' ends on the red tick plays a bit weird because the vocals suggest that the strong vocals go over the white ticks. It would be better if you made those sliders end here 00:32:695 - and here 00:34:630 - applying to 00:31:727 (1) - and 00:33:663 (2) - respectively.
  3. 00:55:437 (2,3) - Ctrl + G these to don't have the same flow direction of the previous pattern 00:51:566 (2,3) -
  4. 01:34:147 (2,3) - ^
  5. 01:37:534 (1,2,3,4) - The use of 1/1 in this segment flows a bit weird because the vocals / instruments doesn't support a constantly 1/1 rhythm. It would be make more sense if you replaced these two objects 01:37:534 (1,2) - with a 2/1 slider and a note. Consider doing the same here 01:39:469 (3,4) - The whole pattern should look like this
  6. 01:43:340 (3,4) - DS problem here, it should be 1x or 0.97x at max regarding spacing in these two objects.
  7. 01:58:824 (1) - Remove NC here since it's kinda unnecessary according on how you manage the NC in the whole set.
[]
DON' FORGET TO ADD THE HITSOUNDS! :)
[ Firmatorenio's Normal]

• IMPORTANT
  1. HP +0.1. I know this go in your preferences but it would be way better if you used rounded numbers over Normal difficulties because the current 3.4 looks a bit weird imo.
    []
  2. 00:23:985 (8) - NC here to keep consistency in the way you managed NC in the diff.
  3. 00:57:856 (1,2) - Honestly the way these two sliders flow is a bit bad because, besides the blanket among them is not so clean. It would be better if you tried out something more smoother to improve the readability of those sliders.
  4. 01:23:985 (3) - This slider should end here 01:24:711 - to highlight better the instruments / vocals in this segment.
  5. 01:31:001 (3,4) - Ctrl + G this to improve the rhythm. It's quite awkward to make downbeats in the white ticks and make the sliders tart on the white tick. It would be more intuitive if all the slider started in the white tick as long as this is a lower diff that should lead players to realize where strong beats are. Consider doing the same here 01:27:130 (3,4) - 00:48:421 (4,5) - 00:52:292 (4,5) -
  6. 01:41:405 (1,2,3) - The was you placed these sliders is making a weird flow because isn't really intuitive to the players to follow those sliders when the sliders shapes suggest something different. It would make more sense if you tried out to create a more perceptive flow as well as you did in the previous patterns. What about this?
  7. 01:45:276 (8) - This circle creates an over map pattern because there's no strong beat that needs to be emphasized there. It would be better if you removed that circle and place the spinner exactly in the white tick since the vocals reside there.
  8. 01:45:276 (1) - Remove the clap and the finish of this slider since it sound way over set due to the noisy sound they produce together.
  9. 01:54:469 (3) - Remove the clap of this slider too. ^
[ Hard]
Honestly I really well made hard.
  1. HP + 0.5 just for the sake of having rounded numbers on the diff. I see no reasons by setting the HP over 4.5 since this is the hard diff.
  2. 00:21:808 (6) - This should be properly stacked under 00:21:324 (4) - to keep consistent the DS here.
[ Arphimigon's Insane]

• IMPORTANT
  1. I honestly thought you were going to rename this diff to don't leave it as a monotonous insane. But I guess there's no problem with it.
  2. Hp + 0.5 same reason as Hard diff.
    []
  3. 00:21:566 (5,6) - The spacing here is rather big comparing to the jumps you managed before and as long as 6 isn't the strong beat, what's the reason of placing it too far?
  4. 00:23:985 (5) - NC here to follow properly the way you managed NC in this diff.
  5. 00:51:566 (1) - Remove NC here just as well as you managed in the first pattern 00:47:210 (1,2,3) - Consider doing the same in these 00:54:953 (1,1,2) -
  6. 01:22:292 (1) - This spinner should start here 01:22:171 - to follow slightly better the vocals.
  7. 01:34:630 (1) - Remove NC here. there's no need to play with new objects when the diffs plays better if you kept consistent the NC
  8. 01:34:630 (1,1) - http://puu.sh/m7se8/c2b7c43dec.png as long as the're not strong beats, what's the need to create such as a big jump here? Consider doing the same here 00:55:921 (2,1)
[]
s y m m e t r y sucks </3
Arphimigon

HappyRocket88 wrote:

[ Arphimigon's Insane]
  1. don't leave it as a monotonous insane. Just had an idea
  2. Hp + 0.5 same reason as Hard diff. ok
  3. 00:21:566 (5,6) - The spacing here is rather big comparing to the jumps you managed before and as long as 6 isn't the strong beat, what's the reason of placing it too far? idk patterning i guess, nerfing!
  4. 00:23:985 (5) - NC here to follow properly the way you managed NC in this diff. sure, why not!
  5. 00:51:566 (1) - Remove NC here just as well as you managed in the first pattern 00:47:210 (1,2,3) - Consider doing the same in these 00:54:953 (1,1,2) - yus will do!
  6. 01:22:292 (1) - This spinner should start here 01:22:171 - to follow slightly better the vocals. sure!
  7. 01:34:630 (1) - Remove NC here. there's no need to play with new objects when the diffs plays better if you kept consistent the NC fixd!
  8. 01:34:630 (1,1) - http://puu.sh/m7se8/c2b7c43dec.png as long as the're not strong beats, what's the need to create such as a big jump here? Consider doing the same here 00:55:921 (2,1) LOL Derp on my side! That should never had been so high!
redid all ncs actually yay
Firmatorenio

HappyRocket88 wrote:

[ Firmatorenio's Normal]

• IMPORTANT
  1. HP +0.1. I know this go in your preferences but it would be way better if you used rounded numbers over Normal difficulties because the current 3.4 looks a bit weird imo. //my preferences is in fact hp4
    []
  2. 00:23:985 (8) - NC here to keep consistency in the way you managed NC in the diff. //uh no, what good will do a 1-note combo?
  3. 00:57:856 (1,2) - Honestly the way these two sliders flow is a bit bad because, besides the blanket among them is not so clean. It would be better if you tried out something more smoother to improve the readability of those sliders. //the flow is intended, i increased the distance between (1) and (3) though
  4. 01:23:985 (3) - This slider should end here 01:24:711 - to highlight better the instruments / vocals in this segment. //wow, nice
  5. 01:31:001 (3,4) - Ctrl + G this to improve the rhythm. It's quite awkward to make downbeats in the white ticks and make the sliders tart on the white tick. It would be more intuitive if all the slider started in the white tick as long as this is a lower diff that should lead players to realize where strong beats are. Consider doing the same here 01:27:130 (3,4) - 00:48:421 (4,5) - 00:52:292 (4,5) - //my rhythm suits for the song better, as well as i don't find any strong enough beats to accentuate here; just because it's a white tick doesn't mean it's strong enough
  6. 01:41:405 (1,2,3) - The was you placed these sliders is making a weird flow because isn't really intuitive to the players to follow those sliders when the sliders shapes suggest something different. It would make more sense if you tried out to create a more perceptive flow as well as you did in the previous patterns. //huh no, it's an intended pattern, i'll make them look a bit better though
  7. 01:45:276 (8) - This circle creates an over map pattern because there's no strong beat that needs to be emphasized there. It would be better if you removed that circle and place the spinner exactly in the white tick since the vocals reside there. //that vocal needs to be pressured, and just the spinner doesn't give that pressure
  8. 01:45:276 (1) - Remove the clap and the finish of this slider since it sound way over set due to the noisy sound they produce together. //replaced with a whistle; what's up with you people calling spinners sliders?
  9. 01:54:469 (3) - Remove the clap of this slider too. ^ //moved the clap to the head and put a whistle on the end
dirai grab the diff in discord when you're up, dun forget to change hp if you need to
Topic Starter
diraimur

HappyRocket88 wrote:

I was asked to mod this trough PM :u Merry Christmas!
thank you, you too!

Popping because there's no hitsounds in the easy diff
i want to kill myself

confirmed here with the Aibat
why

;-;

[ General]
  1. Add to tags "Flight to the Finish" because this was the episode where the song firstly appears. done
  2. Add to tags "Songs of Ponyville" because is the album name where the song releases. done
[ Easy]
  1. 01:01:727 (3) - This note is so off screen fixed
  2. 00:31:727 (1,2) - Ending the sliders' ends on the red tick plays a bit weird because the vocals suggest that the strong vocals go over the white ticks. It would be better if you made those sliders end here 00:32:695 - and here 00:34:630 - applying to 00:31:727 (1) - and 00:33:663 (2) - respectively. I disagree, I didn't follow vocals.
  3. 00:55:437 (2,3) - Ctrl + G these to don't have the same flow direction of the previous pattern 00:51:566 (2,3) - ayyy ok
  4. 01:34:147 (2,3) - ^ ^
  5. 01:37:534 (1,2,3,4) - The use of 1/1 in this segment flows a bit weird because the vocals / instruments doesn't support a constantly 1/1 rhythm. It would be make more sense if you replaced these two objects 01:37:534 (1,2) - with a 2/1 slider and a note. Consider doing the same here 01:39:469 (3,4) - The whole pattern should look like this yeah thats better i guess
  6. 01:43:340 (3,4) - DS problem here, it should be 1x or 0.97x at max regarding spacing in these two objects. ok i have no idea how i messed that up
  7. 01:58:824 (1) - Remove NC here since it's kinda unnecessary according on how you manage the NC in the whole set. nu its there for effect
DON' FORGET TO ADD THE HITSOUNDS! :)
pls i want to kill miself
[ Hard]
Honestly I really well made hard. ty
  1. HP + 0.5 just for the sake of having rounded numbers on the diff. I see no reasons by setting the HP over 4.5 since this is the hard diff. honestly i dont think its that big of a deal but will do anyway
  2. 00:21:808 (6) - This should be properly stacked under 00:21:324 (4) - to keep consistent the DS here. remade pattern
s y m m e t r y sucks </3
no
ty for mod
HappyRocket88
Recheck

[General]
Ranking Criteria states that if you use non-standard slider velocity changes they MUST be added in the beatmap description to advertise playhers the weird decimals some diffs manage.
[Easy]
I asked too many others BNs about the current size of the CS of this diff and we agreed it should be, at least, 3. This goes to lead new players into a comfortable circle size that not confuse due the spacing this difficulty manages.
00:31:727 (1,2) - Despite you said: "you weren't following vocals" the strong beats reside over the white ticks which should be emphasized to improve the rhythm. Ending the sliders on the red tick play a bit weird imo.
01:39:469 (1) - Remove NC here to have consistency with the way you managed the NC in this diff.[/list]
[Normal]
00:23:985 (8) - I still believe this object should have NC to keep consistency in the way you managed NC.
01:15:759 (4) - Ctrl + J to improve the flow in this segment.
01:31:001 (3,4) - I honestly believe starting the sliders in the red tick doesn't highlight properly the beats. Thus, it would be better if you kept consistency in the way the sliders started in the white tick throughout the kiai. Look how you placed the sliders over the kiai time

vs

This would have played better if you had done same here to don't break the way you built up the patterning on the start of the kiai. If the music and the instruments is the same through the kiai, what's the reason to make different rhythm flows? Consider doing an uniform rhythm in both kiais, this imply to give a look of these patterns. 00:52:292 (4,5) - 01:27:130 (3,4) - 01:31:001 (3,4) - [/list]
[Hard]
I'm honestly confused with the increasing of DS among the notes in the kiai. If there's no SV change, what's the reason of increasing the DS by 0.20x in the notes? It would be better if you increase the SV in the kiai to lead players the kiai will have bigger spacing and some harder patterns. Consider doing the same with both kiais.
[Arphimigon's For the Win!]
00:55:921 (3,4) - http://puu.sh/m9jM5/7ecbe137da.png
01:14:066 (5,6,1) - These should've been stacked as well as the upcoming triplets. Just for the sake of keeping consistency here.[/list]
Arphimigon

HappyRocket88 wrote:

[General]
Ranking Criteria states that if you use non-standard slider velocity changes they MUST be added in the beatmap description to advertise playhers the weird decimals some diffs manage.
just wanna say that i checked and found that there was only 1xSV through all the mapsets... unless im blind (and I am slightly but still)

[Arphimigon's For the Win!]
00:55:921 (3,4) - http://puu.sh/m9jM5/7ecbe137da.png I didnt fix this in the last mod!? ok
01:14:066 (5,6,1) - These should've been stacked as well as the upcoming triplets. Just for the sake of keeping consistency here.[/list]
(this is blue ok) I disagree with this statement cus the non-stack was for flow simplicity and the stacks later were for the patterning but w/e i'll find something for them both to work
ok decided to remove all stacks
HappyRocket88

Arphimigon wrote:

just wanna say that i checked and found that there was only 1xSV through all the mapsets... unless im blind (and I am slightly but still)
Firmatorenino's Normal

Hard
Topic Starter
diraimur

HappyRocket88 wrote:

Recheck

[General]
Ranking Criteria states that if you use non-standard slider velocity changes they MUST be added in the beatmap description to advertise playhers the weird decimals some diffs manage. You wrote it by yourself, "...slider velocity changes must be added in the beatmap description...". There are no sv changes on this whole set.
[Easy]
I asked too many others BNs about the current size of the CS of this diff and we agreed it should be, at least, 3. This goes to lead new players into a comfortable circle size that not confuse due the spacing this difficulty manages. Even though I highly disagree that newer players wouldn't able to play cs 3.5, I'll change it anyway. CS and SV are basically two things that should matter most of the time. If SV is low, CS can be high. If CS is high, SV should be low, since they play the same but only different mapping area you get. Yeah, sensivity and tablet area matters, but its a very subjective thing. I'll lower to CS3 anyway, I'm just not really satisfied with it. (rip whole set being 3.5)
00:31:727 (1,2) - Despite you said: "you weren't following vocals" the strong beats reside over the white ticks which should be emphasized to improve the rhythm. Ending the sliders on the red tick play a bit weird imo. I still didn't understand whats wrong with them, I used 3/2 rhythms for quite a bit on this map and this one is also probably 3/2 unless the song we are listening to are different.
01:39:469 (1) - Remove NC here to have consistency with the way you managed the NC in this diff. whoops, fixed.

[Hard]
I'm honestly confused with the increasing of DS among the notes in the kiai. If there's no SV change, what's the reason of increasing the DS by 0.20x in the notes? It would be better if you increase the SV in the kiai to lead players the kiai will have bigger spacing and some harder patterns. Consider doing the same with both kiais. I'll go ahead and say I disagree with this, just because I've used higher spacing on some parts doesn't mean I should increase SV, in fact if you want to emphasis it more you should use slower SV with higher spacing on kiai's on some songs, and SV is already as high as it is, increasing on kiai would be too unplayable. SV changes aren't necessary things to do anyway.
Sorry if I sound kinda salty, I am just stressed atm... Sorry!

/me runs

/me comes back

also ty, ilu

/me runs again
Arphimigon

HappyRocket88 wrote:

<thing about SVs>
Last time I checked with QATs that meant SV multipliers below 0.5x and above 2x
Because really 1.24 Base SV isnt weird at all or anything but massively changing SV Multipliers IS killer
HappyRocket88
Ok... o_o

I guess I misspelled some words by paraphrasing what Ranking Criteria states. I'm sorry for the misunderstandings. I still disagree with the increasing of SV in the kiai over the hard, but I hope that won't be a big deal when others BNs check it out.
Firmatorenio

HappyRocket88 wrote:

[Normal]
00:23:985 (8) - I still believe this object should have NC to keep consistency in the way you managed NC. //I still don't understand what good it does, I only see 2 ill side effects: ruined looks and slightly increased drain
01:15:759 (4) - Ctrl + J to improve the flow in this segment. //i would, but sorry, not enough space
01:31:001 (3,4) - I honestly believe starting the sliders in the red tick doesn't highlight properly the beats. Thus, it would be better if you kept consistency in the way the sliders started in the white tick throughout the kiai. Look how you placed the sliders over the kiai time
<...>

This would have played better if you had done same here to don't break the way you built up the patterning on the start of the kiai. If the music and the instruments is the same through the kiai, what's the reason to make different rhythm flows? Consider doing an uniform rhythm in both kiais, this imply to give a look of these patterns. 00:52:292 (4,5) - 01:27:130 (3,4) - 01:31:001 (3,4) - //I changed some of them, but not all of them; one actually ruined the looks
dirai there's a tags conflict in my diff to fix, fing the version in discord again
HappyRocket88
Despite I disagree with diraimur's concerns about not-increasing the SV in the kiai in the hard, I don't think it will be a big deal to realize the kiai is more intense than the rest of the diff. I also would suggest ot the next BN take a look of the Normal diff due to some sliders which start in the red tick and some others not. For my eyes, this deserves to be pushed to the bubble page. Good luck!
Arphimigon
Ok I think it's safe for Z now xd
-Kanzaki
gogogo
Arphimigon
zzz
Topic Starter
diraimur
whatever i dont know if there is any point in trying at all
Arphimigon
[i]Shh m9-1, there is all the point!
As CMC said:

CMC wrote:

WE GOT DERMINATION
TO REpREsEnt THE nATION!
Voli
placeholder, will mod this some day
Topic Starter
diraimur
placeholder, will reply Voli's mod once he fills his placeholder.
Arphimigon
placeholder, will also reply to Voli's mod and then proceed to write about all the things dirai rejected and that he shouldn't have actually rejected them
Firmatorenio
I'd put my own placeholder, but am scared they'd mute us for spamming.
Shot another star to increase the chance of some bn coming randomly by 0.0000142843%
Arphimigon

Firmatorenio wrote:

I'd put my own placeholder, but am scared they'd mute us for spamming.
Shot another star to increase the chance of some bn coming randomly by 0.0000142843%
Very specific i m o tbh
Kathex
Sad more one beatmap perfect for get ranked is going to be forgotten because a shit system.... and you try to make this system different, they say ure a totaly nonsense...

R.I.P. dear ponys :(
Topic Starter
diraimur

Kathex wrote:

Sad more one beatmap perfect for get ranked is going to be forgotten because a shit system.... and you try to make this system different, they say ure a totaly nonsense...

R.I.P. dear ponys :(
don't be so negative

oh wait it was me being negative only a few posts ago
Arphimigon
ABUSE DA SYSTEM
Gero
I'll post my mod later, sorry for delay but I'm quite busy in real life.
Topic Starter
diraimur

Gero wrote:

I'll post my mod later, sorry for delay but I'm quite busy in real life.
Hey its fine, I'm not in a hurry and real life takes priority anyway, good luck on whatever youre doing.
thanks for the comment btw~
Arphimigon

diraimur wrote:

real life takes priority
Topic Starter
diraimur

Arphimigon wrote:

diraimur wrote:

real life takes priority
PLEASE, LOL
Arphimigon
pls dont die