forum

Venetian Snares - She Runs

posted
Total Posts
show more
mithew
just nit picking here, but the flow on 02:10:718 (7,8,9,10) - is really awkward, maybe something like this would be better? idunno. anyways, love the map. have a star~
Topic Starter
fergas

mithew wrote:

just nit picking here, but the flow on 02:10:718 (7,8,9,10) - is really awkward, maybe something like this would be better? idunno. anyways, love the map. have a star~
Got your idea. Fixed in a bit another way and overall made this pattern a little more comfortable.
Thanks for check and star! :D
Krfawy

We added one break at 04:44:533 - so people don't fail that much if they miss too many notes. Also we changed OD and AR a little bit. Should be fine. \o/
Kyubey
THIS IS A BUBBLE
YOUR SECOND BUBBLE
SECOND FOR THIS MAP
LOOK AT IT
IT'S SECOND
REMEMBER THAT, IT'S NOT FIRST, IT'S SECOND
SPOILER
We fixed some unsnapped thing, one NC, one pattern and changed OD to 9.
Topic Starter
fergas
SECOND IZ DA BEST
mithew
aw, i like ar9 better than 9.3 :c
FCL
Ну гдееее?
Topic Starter
fergas
i am not sure about ar9 - think that 9.3 suits better for flow.

Жду модпост бна :o

UP:
cant find and bns for that map. Decided to ask some pro players testplays.
After i find that i am 100% sure in map(i am already but still...) like mapper and people sure in it like players i will continue ranking process.
So... testplays request and fast overviews\opinions are welcome o3o
Seto Kousuke
Hiya c:

Overall, this map is outstanding...the song is intense and the flow you provided reflect this song in an amazing way... even though there are lots of streams and reading involved, the sweet flow you utilize in the entire map is something that help A LOT in the reading and predictability...we can feel when we need to do quick single taps, when we need to jump, when we need to burst->rest->burst...and as I said, the flow is amazingly well done. I've testplayed it multiple times, nomod/hidden/hdhr the map feels structured and instinctive in any way.

Although, there were moments when either i had difficult time to understand due to the ''weird'' feeling of them compared to the rest, they're not ''wrong'', but due to the predicatbility that the flow gives us, these patterns don't exactly follow this flow and are way harder to do compared to the rest.

The mighty small mod
02:12:325 (7,8,9,10,11) - This part was tricking me a lot, although we can hear the sudden sound that explains this, the distance IMO seems too complicated to what we we're actually doing this whole time until now...this pattern would fit in the entire flow of the things way more if 9->10->11 had the same distance as 7->8...the singlestaps would already give enough feedback of those new sounds, so this sudden increase in distances doesn't really ''seems right''.

03:32:146 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,1,2,1,2) - Ok, so...this section here always gets me while playing...the map overall has an intuitive flow as I mentioned, but here...we start to face something new, those doubles in sliders( 03:32:347 (2,3,4,5,6) - ) follow the sudden sound that appears in the song, and that can be figured out while playing, we know that something will happen in the music, and when the sound appears, we receive a decent feedback of what is going on and what we need to do...but here 03:32:950 (1,1,2) - we need to do something completly different with the wubzy sound that came out of nowhere, when we start to figure out ''ok, doubles with the wubwub sound.'' we need to quickly change to this weird pattern...the 03:33:486 (1,2) - are OK, they're not that weird, but the previous section should be changed to something like the doubles that started it all since that sound is still happening, otherwise it's too confusing and hard to do even waiting for it.

05:43:656 (1,2,3) - Here there is an increasing sound in the song and we feel it by there sliders, but then we follow the drums in the back with 05:44:058 (4,6) - and stop doing what we were doing with the previous sound, although the sound still going on...maybe if you add 1 note at 05:44:259 - and another at 05:44:527 - the sound with the drums would still work and we still do the previous sound as well.

These were the points that were bugging me a bit...and even with them, the map is amazing...such complex song and the map with this amazing flow :P

PS: Lost my hdhr replay due to the fact i was messing with the map and had to re-dl it lmao...

One of my fav maps. GJ <3
Mazzerin
  • i don't like these patterns that are too linear:
  1. 01:51:700 (7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14) - change position of 01:52:102 (10) -
  2. 01:57:593 (7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4) - this one is good for example
  3. 02:02:682 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - this is weird because its like a circle/oval
  4. 02:10:450 (5,6,7,8,9,10) - this should probably have much sharper angles and maybe bigger spacing for every note because it has strong sounds like 01:57:593 -
  5. 02:12:325 (7,8,9,10,11,12) - ^
  6. 05:15:535 (15,1,2,3,4) - very linear
  • examples of good patterns (so you get the idea how to change those previous ones):
  1. 01:57:593 (7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4) -
  2. 03:00:539 (4,5,6,7,8,9) -
  3. 03:06:432 (7,8,9,10,11,12,13) -
  • random stuff
  1. 03:02:682 (4) - use slider -> stream tool for this, its very ugly now lol (https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4221864 as you can see, the stream isn't circular but random/oval shaped)
  2. 03:25:986 (16) - change this into 1/8. repeat time is 16 ms, while OD 9 hit window is 25.5 ms. that means you can click in time to get 300 but still slider break because the slider already "starts" and hits the first reverse arrow before the hit window even moves on to the 100 part. more info: p/4492768
  3. 04:09:780 (10) - ^
  4. 04:19:021 (9) - this might be hard to see with hidden because the reverse arrow blocks it(i never see things blocked by reverse arrows on hidden)
  5. 05:38:031 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - this shape doesn't look good, try making it more circular https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4221991 (i used a slider and put notes on it with DS to make it space out like that but still remain circular)
Topic Starter
fergas
Seto Kousuke

Seto Kousuke wrote:

03:32:146 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,1,2,1,2) - Ok, so...this section here always gets me while playing...the map overall has an intuitive flow as I mentioned, but here...we start to face something new, those doubles in sliders( 03:32:347 (2,3,4,5,6) - ) follow the sudden sound that appears in the song, and that can be figured out while playing, we know that something will happen in the music, and when the sound appears, we receive a decent feedback of what is going on and what we need to do...but here 03:32:950 (1,1,2) - we need to do something completly different with the wubzy sound that came out of nowhere, when we start to figure out ''ok, doubles with the wubwub sound.'' we need to quickly change to this weird pattern...the 03:33:486 (1,2) - are OK, they're not that weird, but the previous section should be changed to something like the doubles that started it all since that sound is still happening, otherwise it's too confusing and hard to do even waiting for it. Have no nay idea what i should change it and i didnt propetrly understood what do you mean, sorry :(

05:43:656 (1,2,3) - Here there is an increasing sound in the song and we feel it by there sliders, but then we follow the drums in the back with 05:44:058 (4,6) - and stop doing what we were doing with the previous sound, although the sound still going on...maybe if you add 1 note at 05:44:259 - and another at 05:44:527 - the sound with the drums would still work and we still do the previous sound as well. Idk - i just redarawed pattern - now it looks more readable!

Mazzerin

Mazzerin wrote:

• i don't like these patterns that are too linear:
  1. 01:51:700 (7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14) - change position of 01:52:102 (10) - Sorry, want to keep more comfortable transiton into sv change 01:52:504 (1) - , so dont want see any "off-flow" jumps
  2. 02:10:450 (5,6,7,8,9,10) - this should probably have much sharper angles and maybe bigger spacing for every note because it has strong sounds like 01:57:593 - dont think so - i like how it looks atm spiral with encreased ds - trying emphasize that sound that you linked. It's ok for me, dotn want to change
  3. 02:12:325 (7,8,9,10,11,12) - ^ This one accpeted until it got a bit another situation - bass with itslef looks better with broken flow.
  • random stuff
  1. 03:02:682 (4) - use slider -> stream tool for this, its very ugly now lol (https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4221864 as you can see, the stream isn't circular but random/oval shaped) Well, i didnt want circlular stream, it dont fits for music imo
  2. 05:38:031 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - this shape doesn't look good, try making it more circular https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4221991 (i used a slider and put notes on it with DS to make it space out like that but still remain circular) It's actually circled for around first ~7 notes. Overall i am not fun of "right shapes" of stream - prefer more broken and more ugly just it should fits for music masimus as i feel it. I like currieant stream and wanted to break shaped from 7th note on purpose.
As always, if i dint replay for something - accepted as you said.
Thanks for checks, guys! and sorry for long replays - was bussy and very ill last days :cry:

up: accepted several mods. going for rank?
TicClick
Re Shuns (Specae?)
Topic Starter
fergas
следующие марафоновские диффы так и будут называться!
Kyubey
A lot of time passed and changes were made, so here's rebubble.

Bubble #1.
Topic Starter
fergas
oi oi oi
Spasibo <3
я боялся тебя звать >.<
dot_one
rank now please
Topic Starter
fergas
i dont think it may become truth
SYAHME
When qualified?
Topic Starter
fergas
forever graveyarded in pending
BeatofIke
Looks passable. Bubble #2
Topic Starter
fergas
wow! i just returned from countryhouse and herebis bubble!
Thanks a lot \w/
Shyotamaze
wooooooo hype hype gogogo someone qualify! :)
Jewelery
can't wait to see this one ranked D:
alacat
hi fergas

Escape? :
01:42:928 - How about turning up the volume on here ? This is strong sound!
04:51:697 (20) - it seems long combo number over twenty. try to add a new combo ~

It's better to add more new combos on over twenty parts in my opinion. it's good! call me back~
Topic Starter
fergas

alacat wrote:

hi fergas

Escape? :
01:42:928 - How about turning up the volume on here ? This is strong sound!
04:51:697 (20) - it seems long combo number over twenty. try to add a new combo ~

It's better to add more new combos on over twenty parts in my opinion. it's good! call me back~
about volume - ehh, why not? added little change
about ncs... well i changed timing where you asked, yeah it kind of long and music also have little moon's change on 04:51:162 - , but i checked all combos on diffs and didnt find anything to change. Need to say i think a lot about long nc, thought it's a bit hard to play but in the end i think in fact it helps more than ruins. Till start of most tacts is same it may help with reading next beats, if you understand what you mean. At least so testpplayers didnt notice me about long nc. Maybe make little disqus with another bn/qats about. In my opinion it works well. In the end this is "crazy extra" :P joke - i didn't map for extra
kabmi
rly nice map. gl with rank
alacat
awesome
Namki
О, да. Поздравляю!
Lama Poluna
УРА!
Поздравляшки!
riktoi
grats \o/
wajinshu
Грац!
Marmowka
Она всё-таки до бежала!
Izzz
Finally qualified!
Topic Starter
fergas
Guess she finally runned.
Thank you very much, alacat! you can even imagine my face when i came home at 5a.m. after work and saw qat checking this map.
Thank you vey very much, i wont forget it ever!
Спасибо всем за поддержку! :)
Okoratu
your breakcore stuff makes me want to map breakcore-ish songs too
mithew
thank you for mapping this <3
Shmiklak
Грац!
xDololow
eeeeee Qualified
neurosis
Signum
Your face, when you finally...