forum

How to maintain combo and 95%+ accuracy?

posted
Total Posts
show more
DropPopCandy

KukiMonster wrote:

Stay hydrated. Play more. Don't think. Believe.
But in all seriousness just play more. I know you want techniques and strategies and something all the top players did to have an amazing accuracy with a gigantic combo, but the one secret is just to practiceplaymore. I learn slow as hell, it took me a year of constantly practising Freedom Dive with HT and NF to pass it with HT on and guess what? It felt amazing for all of that practice to finally pay off. I still play like crap for how long I've been playing, but I don't really ever care. I know that if I practice more and more each and every day that I'll eventually pass 5 star songs consistently. Some people are naturally talented at rhythm games, like rrtyui or like who Cookiezi was, and others are slow as fuck and just god awful at playing at a high level (me).

Sorry this isn't the answer you were looking for but play more
ZenithPhantasm

KukiMonster wrote:

Stay hydrated. Play more. Don't think. Believe.
Dont forget to push break buttons.
Vaporwave
Disable scoreboard and GUI.
Don't think, just believe.
Astrofiziks
don't mash
7ambda
Work your way up the star difficulty by playing easier maps until you can get decently high accuracy and combo around your actual star range.
pandaBee

F1r3tar wrote:

Work your way up the star difficulty by playing easier maps until you can get decently high accuracy and combo around your actual star range.
No. He should obviously be playing more big black, scarlet rose and freedom dive. There is no in between.
dung eater
hello

edit map to od0 and as high ar as you can play

make cs bigger if mapper made it stupid small like 4

i hope this helps
Deva

jaaakb wrote:

hello

i hope this helps
did you ever try cs10?
ZenithPhantasm

jaaakb wrote:

hello

i hope this helps
8-)
Friendan

jaaakb wrote:

hello

i hope this helps
Don't listen to this guy
Play more
-sev

HLCaptainDragon wrote:

Any advice besides "play more."That doesn't really work for me.
Go away
Vuelo Eluko
Play Count: 3,159
jesse1412
"Play more" works until AT LEAST rank 10k unless you never push yourself. Also if you want to be able to do this, play easier maps.
Topic Starter
HLCaptainDragon

Kaienyuu wrote:

HLCaptainDragon wrote:

Any advice besides "play more."That doesn't really work for me.
Go away
Aren't you harsh?
Yuudachi-kun

jesus1412 wrote:

"Play more" works until AT LEAST rank 4k unless you never push yourself. Also if you want to be able to do this, play easier maps.
Ftfy
-sev

HLCaptainDragon wrote:

Aren't you harsh?
Yes I am

Play more
Vuelo Eluko

Kheldragar wrote:

jesus1412 wrote:

"Play more" works until AT LEAST rank 4k unless you never push yourself. Also if you want to be able to do this, play easier maps.
Ftfy
way to not know what "at least" means
Friendan

HLCaptainDragon wrote:

Aren't you harsh?
that's the only actual advice
-Makishima S-

HLCaptainDragon wrote:

I've recently been able to play 3-4 star maps for about a month,but one problem is i always have around 70-90 accuracy at the end of the map and sometimes screw up my combo in the moment.Is there something i can do to control my adrenaline so I don't start smashing buttons while streaming notes in the game?Or jump without going too fast or too slow?Any advice besides "play more."That doesn't really work for me.
Play more works best in this situation, i have same problem what keeps me out from FC ceratin pretty nice pp maps - adrenaline rush.
I can just guess you get it when you actualy know that you have nice combo, blablabla ("yeah, i am god, omfg there is difficult part, wtf welp!"), you are near difficult part of map and there we go - miss/sliderbreak and we can just quit - no don't quit, play map until end and if you realy don't want, just don't submit it.

I got simple advice for this - control comes with time and you need practice for it.
Just play, don't repeat map like a mad kid, repeat 2-3 times and that's all, move to another song, play, gain experience, gain more control.
While incerasing control over cursor and tapping, adrenaline rush is easier to handle to point where you don't feel it.

Have fun, play more, don't think and believe. Never give up.
Topic Starter
HLCaptainDragon

[Taiga] wrote:

HLCaptainDragon wrote:

I've recently been able to play 3-4 star maps for about a month,but one problem is i always have around 70-90 accuracy at the end of the map and sometimes screw up my combo in the moment.Is there something i can do to control my adrenaline so I don't start smashing buttons while streaming notes in the game?Or jump without going too fast or too slow?Any advice besides "play more."That doesn't really work for me.
Play more works best in this situation, i have same problem what keeps me out from FC ceratin pretty nice pp maps - adrenaline rush.
I can just guess you get it when you actualy know that you have nice combo, blablabla ("yeah, i am god, omfg there is difficult part, wtf welp!"), you are near difficult part of map and there we go - miss/sliderbreak and we can just quit - no don't quit, play map until end and if you realy don't want, just don't submit it.

I got simple advice for this - control comes with time and you need practice for it.
Just play, don't repeat map like a mad kid, repeat 2-3 times and that's all, move to another song, play, gain experience, gain more control.
While incerasing control over cursor and tapping, adrenaline rush is easier to handle to point where you don't feel it.

Have fun, play more, don't think and believe. Never give up.
I believe what you said will probably help me the most.Thanks,the way you worded it made the most since to me,along with all the details.
Popolittz
If you repeat songs over and over you will end up like me..... So don't... What I've done in the past when I have trouble trying to hold my combo through a difficult part, is to run through that section a few times, disregarding everything and just intently focusing on the notes and the pattern. I make mental notes of things, such as; any doubles or triples at the end of sliders, making sure I move my cursor EXACTLY in the middle of jumps, and paying extra attention to memorizing a tough pattern.

Hope it helped OP
Deva
Or just actually play more.
Yuudachi-kun

Riince wrote:

I don't think you do.
Vuelo Eluko

Kheldragar wrote:

Riince wrote:

I don't think you do.
just because you didnt hit any walls until 4k doesnt mean that's the minimum.
Yuudachi-kun
And this is somehow different to jesse's 10k number because...
E m i

jesus1412 wrote:

"Play more" works until AT LEAST rank 10k unless you never push yourself. Also if you want to be able to do this, play easier maps.
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/Steinway
Vuelo Eluko
look at his historical, you can't really make examples of people who aren't playing to get better. he's an invalid example, like using lncognito.
E m i
he's just severely aim impaired ;^
ZenithPhantasm

[ Momiji ] wrote:

rip aim
-Makishima S-

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

[ Momiji ] wrote:

rip aim
rip play more
Yuudachi-kun

[ Momiji ] wrote:

Y-you too.
E m i

Kheldragar wrote:

[ Momiji ] wrote:

Y-you too.
OH
Popolittz
Sooo back to the topic at hand. How to hold a combo. OP, you still got questions?