forum

Who introduced you to this game?

posted
Total Posts
show more
lovehina99
myself
Dromadan
I've said this quite a few times, but i'll say it again anyway.
I was a big fan of the original DS games (EBA, Ouendan 1 and 2), i really wanted to play more songs, i even imagined how songs would be if they were in the actual games when i was listening to music.
Then one day we were looking for free games to play with a friend, and we came across "Osu!", and i said "Hey i know this shit, is this real?".
This game is literally a dream come true for me, i haven't stopped playing since i found it.
xrubbishhui
TakuMii
If you're talking about circle-clicking rhythm games in general, probably the ad for Elite Beat Agents in Nintendo Winter 2006 Holiday Catalog, way back before I even owned a DS. Didn't get my hands on the game until 2008, but I enjoyed it enough to make myself try the Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan game that it was based off of (and of course, the sequel).

I pretty much discovered osu! through Google in 2009 after playing the shit out of those three games and still having a thirst for more. I wanted a Stepmania-like clone that was as enjoyable as the originals, but I ended up quitting nearly instantly due to how difficult it seemed... but I ended up coming back in 2012 after reintroducing myself to anime, and suddenly remembering the game's existence during a summer vacation. And I'm still here :|
BeatofIke
I knew about osu! since 2010, but I didn't actually play osu! until 2011, when RIP re-introduced me to the game. Mulit-accounting is not allowed here so I did not register right away. Instead, I waited until I was able to invent on a new laptop (which I'm still using to this day) in order to register my own account without any problems. :)
[Maid] NekoRyo
i was watching some live stream on the English Nico nico douga ( now they merged the web ;w;)
and saw some streamer who was playing the game and decide to download it xD but i don't know how to put the beatmap into the game
and yeah...( around 2009 ) and decide to try it again on 2012 ...and finally I'm here \:3/
Reva
I just checked one of my online friend's YT channel and I took fancy on osu because I simply love rhythm games. Quit the game for a year or less until we went to the Philippines. There I discovered that my cousin played osu and..yeah you know
7ambda

Friend that I met on a Minecraft server.
HaruryuuSan

F1r3tar wrote:

Friend that I met on a Minecraft server.
Fixed it for you. :3
EshkushMeh xD
My friends were talking about osu so I decided to try it out.
-SayaKai

drum drum wrote:

Harumi wrote:

Youtube
LeStalker
Emilie-

drum drum wrote:

Harumi wrote:

Youtube
trebby
[ Kakuja ]
A good friend of mine.
He told me there was a music game where you could use a tablet. I looked it up, now I'm stuck.

I got my tablet from my sister. She bought it to try ''digital painting'', but she didn't like it and gave it to me.... I didn't like it either, so I put it back into the box and it was just collecting dust for a while.

Well, now I use it everyday ~
OzzyOzrock
SakuyaFM a billion years ago
Trafalgar Law
I saw a video on Youtube, and was already a fan of the "Tatakae Ouendan" series for the DS.
I have taken several extended hiatuses since joining, but I always return.
WingSilent
ColdTooth
Old steam friend of mine
Kurochiie
This cutie.
Zefo
I found a USB stick at college on a dinner hall table and when I later put it in my computer OSU was on there, and i have been playing ever since! lol :)
Azure-Edge
My friend told me of this game, and I happen to fix up my rhythm irl instruments with the help of this!
KatouMegumi
Ryanbeetz
i was just bored and wanted something to distract me from my school work so i was just looking through twitch and found a game called "osu!" and i clicked on it and still i need to do my school work...
Ananda
my school friend
HerO_0110
-
OsuMe65
Wikipedia
ZenithPhantasm
DIOkuya
My friend forced me to get it.
Golterboose
Youtube the big black
abraker
My friend's friend told my friend to try out this game. My friend didn't want to and I was like what is this and downloaded it. 1 hour later... I forced convinced my friend to download and play this.
chaee
I introduced myself with "online rhythm games to play." Most people got introduced from YouTube, when I didn't even watch a replay of anything until a few months of playing.
Suirenni
I think I found out about osu! from atellier801 forums
Aoba
Fretalynn did.
We were trying to find an alternative for Project DIVA.
Proved to be a quick and efficient replacement. ;)
GSG95
Some guy played a weed song on osu! on youtube.
AlyNight
A beatmap
HazeL
My otaku friend
Ender Lain
Friend from Otaku School Club
NucleaRaven
I came from DotA 2. Dendi was playing it on stream when he was searching for matches, and i had a few friends who played it. And as I love music i thought why not. Also thought it might help with mouse aim and reaction time for DotA... which it did i but i dont play it anymore. I belong to osu! now. Praise ppy.
CreepyExplotion
My friends forced me to play this game.
show more