forum

Taiko Brainfarts

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Eiuh
Hello. The thing i hate about taiko is those damn brainfarts that get in your way when you're trying to build a combo.
First, let me explain what i mean by "Brainfarts".

With brainfart i'm basically talking about this chain of events:
The map has just started and you're trying to read your way through it.
A pattern that you would usually get your way through just fine appears and you stop focusing.
You can't move your fingers and you miss the upcoming patterns.

I think we all had that happen at some point. Right now i have about 2k playcount and getting into the Fast/Advanced Muzukashii diffs and Easy Oni diffs.

I was just wondering how i can counter this from happening.
Is there any sort of psychological/in-game practice that i can try or do these brainfarts go away by time as i get better at patterns?
This only happens in taiko and not the other gamemodes because taiko is the most focus-based gamemode, so to make the question easier:
How do i get better at focusing?

This question is mainly targeted at taiko players with some skill and experience. (More than me, atleast)
Intelli
Cocaine works pretty well for me

jk dont arrest me

Try to keep a good sleep schedule and play more and those patterns will come much more naturally
Raiden
It's as easy as "keep focused".

It might sound stupid but it is the truth. How many times I've lost the combo for not paying attention.. oh gosh
OzzyOzrock
That's actually my secret, captain.

I'm never focused.

No, really, I never think about the notes, I just subconsciously read them. It's still subject to my fingers forgetting they're playing however :c
Wlesh
When Im doing pretty well on a map, I sometimes tend start to think how would I react if I did D when I should K or the other way around.
And sooner or later it just happens. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Degni
Sometimes the song goes on and on with a pattern and suddenly changes... yup, there goes my entire combo.
ikin5050
or you play HR so you have no time to think, just do
carnivore101

ikin5050 wrote:

or you play HR so you have no time to think, just do
True especially when the bpm is high then a wild sv change appears like daheck? (I'm using HR often)
Juuryoushin
That unfocus thing isn't only Taiko related I think. Given the example that standard has directions, you can easily fuck up everything too. (It's an example, every mode has that.)
From my point, if you lose your focus too much, then you probably need some rest/to play very long marathons maps to try erasing that. I don't know if having good reflexes helps, but HR can be helpful at preventing this kind of issue.
Garpo

Juuryoushin wrote:

From my point, if you lose your focus too much, then you probably need some rest/to play very long marathons maps to try erasing that. I don't know if having good reflexes helps, but HR can be helpful at preventing this kind of issue.

OzzyOzrock wrote:

No, really, I never think about the notes, I just subconsciously read them. It's still subject to my fingers forgetting they're playing however :c
You get to a point where you just realize what pattern it is and just it play without thinking, with time comes experience.