forum

streams.. i hate em

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hairy Fruit
So recently I wanted to improve my streamingskills so I tried some streammaps around 150-180 bpm to get warmed up and tried to get about 90-95% on every map of these
after that I tried to go 190-210 bpm.. but.. I JUST CANT STREAM THAT FAST?! i dont know why, isnt it like 60 bpm is 1 click/second? so 240bpm should be 4 clicks/sec, but I cant do it, but Im pretty sure that I can press the buttons 4 times a second but I just miss like 20 notes per stream or something :(, can you guys tell me how you got good at streaming? or how you got better? In terms of speed, because I cant do fast streams :/ im playing for about 9-10 months now and I have about 2.7million hits, if that helps you out for giving me tips ^^

Thanks to all answers in general :>
GoldenWolf
dem maths

240bpm streams are snapped in 1/4, so 240BPM streams are 1x4x4 (1x4 beats per second x4 because 1/4 snapping) which is 16 clicks per second. 8 on each finger.

Either way, play more SLOW streams first, like below 150bpm, until you can be accurate on them (>98%), then move on something SLIGHTLY faster, like 160bpm. So on and so forth.

And play more of course.
FlyingKebab

GoldenWolf wrote:

dem maths

240bpm streams are snapped in 1/4, so 240BPM streams are 1x4x4 (1x4 beats per second x4 because 1/4 snapping) which is 16 clicks per second. 8 on each finger.

Either way, play more SLOW streams first, like below 150bpm, until you can be accurate on them (>98%), then move on something SLIGHTLY faster, like 160bpm. So on and so forth.

And play more of course.
Please try to click 8 times per second k thx bye.
woqx

FlyingKebab wrote:

what are you trying to say?
Yuudachi-kun

FlyingKebab wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

dem maths

And play more of course.
Okay.

GoldenWolf

FlyingKebab wrote:

Yes this is what it takes to stream 240bpm. That's why it's fast.
pandaBee
streams hate you too OP. It took me like four months of practice to get my slow streaming to a not-complete-shit level. I'm still pretty bad a it though. My speed limit has stayed the same but my accuracy and control has improved a lot @ higher speeds although i hardly ever play anything over 175 bpm.

If you want speed just keep practicing hitting those keys real fast and one day you will be sanic.
Mahogany
I also hate streams. Do streams hate me too?
Vuelo Eluko
i love streams
chaee
Riince is wrong
Astrofiziks
jumps is better than streams
Barusamikosu
Try to have fun. Negative attitude will only slow your improvement.
FlyingKebab

GoldenWolf wrote:

Yes this is what it takes to stream 240bpm. That's why it's fast.
I just did an OD10 Warpledge stream and either it's just me but I don't think that I was clicking over 8 times per second with one finger. Even single tapping 300 1/2 isn't 8 times per second. Just screw math for a second a try to do 8 with 1 finger.

Edit : I think you should take the original song bpm as 1/2 instead of 1/1 and then multiply by 2 for 1/4. So in reality you are clicking 480/60/2 times per second with one finger which in this case would be 4 and is very plausible.
dung eater
playing ones you can play will lead to being able to play ones you couldn't before
woqx

FlyingKebab wrote:

I just did an OD10 Warpledge stream and either it's just me but I don't think that I was clicking over 8 times per second with one finger. Even single tapping 300 1/2 isn't 8 times per second. Just screw math for a second a try to do 8 with 1 finger.

Edit : I think you should take the original song bpm as 1/2 instead of 1/1 and then multiply by 2 for 1/4. So in reality you are clicking 480/60/2 times per second with one finger which in this case would be 4 and is very plausible.
is this supposed to be a joke?
Streams carry combos, all of the time.
I Give Up
Start at speed you are comfortable with then practice till you can get +99% acc. No need to try and go faster or slower if you don't yet master your starting bpm.

Barusamikosu wrote:

Try to have fun. Negative attitude will only slow your improvement.
And makes you lose 23% more games.
pandaBee

KukiMonster wrote:

Start at speed you are comfortable with then practice till you can get +99% acc. No need to try and go faster or slower if you don't yet master your starting bpm.
Why stop there? Reach for the stars, I say. SS or bust.
Kirito Enal
pandaBee

kiritoenal wrote:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/muqqbhw9mb86fbl/kiritoenal+-+Memme+-+Chinese+Restaurant+%5BNormal%5D+%282015-06-04%29+Osu.osr

this is my replay! 8-)
Sweet man! Great job!
autoteleology
If you have a mechanical keyboard, consider putting 3mm+ O-rings on the keystem to shorten the travel time of the key.

If you don't have a mechanical keyboard, well, there's your problem. Streams are hard enough without having mushy ass keys.

Other than that,

make sure you time the first note right,
align your taps with something in the song,
make sure your pointer is in the right place through the stream,
treat each note as an individual thing rather than viewing the stream as one thing as a whole (especially pay attention to each individual approach circle),
and practice doing triples as xyx equally as well as yxy.

inb4 twenty people rush to tell me I'm fucking stupid and all my ideas are wrong
Barusamikosu

pandaBee wrote:

SS or bust.
I Give Up

pandaBee wrote:

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Philosofikal wrote:

If you have a mechanical keyboard, consider putting 3mm+ O-rings on the keystem to shorten the travel time of the key.
Key travel distance no problem. It is reset distance after actuation that matters. O-rings don't make a difference. Some good players like Horo have used them.
GoldenWolf

FlyingKebab wrote:

Are you for real dude.

EDIT: Since apparently I should clear this up.

60 BPM 1/1: 1 beat per second

240 BPM 1/1 = 60 BPM x4 = 1x4 = 4 beats per second

240 BPM 1/2 = twice as fast as 240 BPM 1/1 = 4x2 = 8 beats per second

240 BPM 1/4 = twice as fast as 240 BPM 1/2 = 8x2 = 16 beats per second

Doing 1/4s is literally 1/2s times two. 8x2 = 16.

A 240 BPM stream on 1/4 snapping is literally requiring you to press each keys 8 times per second.
dung eater

KukiMonster wrote:

Philosofikal wrote:

Key travel distance no problem. It is reset distance after actuation that matters. O-rings don't make a difference. Some good players like Horo have used them.
O-rings do make a difference, but it's up to you if you like them. For me, the more quiet bottoming out is the biggest thing.
pandaBee

KukiMonster wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

Ain't nobody got time for that.

You don't have to actually achieve the SS, you just need to aim for it and get as close as possible.
7ambda
I used to hate streams. Now they're a breeze.
Barusamikosu

pandaBee wrote:

You don't have to actually achieve the SS, you just need to aim for it and get as close as possible.
Weak. SS or bust.

F1r3tar wrote:

I used to hate streams. Now they're a breeze.
Teach me senpai.
pandaBee

Barusamikosu wrote:

Teach me senpai.
Get in line. Firestar has to teach me first.
Yuudachi-kun

pandaBee wrote:

Barusamikosu wrote:

Teach me senpai.
Get in line. Firestar has to teach me first.