forum

Willy's Osu! Torunament 2015 (WOT2015)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Willy

This tournament has finally been completed!

Challonge Brackets

For those of you who don't know me, I am a self-centered terrible person and I thought the other day: "Hey, what if I made one of these newfangled oshi tournaments that the kids all have!" This is my poorly made attempt at hosting a tournament. The first round of matches was held on June 13-14, 2015 and the Finals were held on July 11-12, 2015

1st Place: oneplusone
2nd Place: Poofie
3rd Place: Browsco

Honrable mention: Jimbot

Hopefully will see you guys next year maybe possibly...

How the tourney works
Tournament starts with 24 players and advances by Single Elimination (one loss and you're out). Each player can ban one map from being picked for the entire match. The two roll for this and to see who gets to pick the first map. The first player to win 5 of the maps also wins that match. If I tie is met, a special tiebreaker map decided by the mappool team will be played to settle the score. Each round will be held on the weekend a week after the last. On monday (Or someday near it) I or someone from the staff will most likely send an inbox message asking you about what times work for your next match. Once there are only 4 players remaining matches will be held to determine who came in first, second, and third place. No prizes are planned.

There seems to be some confusion over times and scores: You can play the match any time that the both of you are online and once complete, inbox the results to me.

If your scores are not reported by the end of Wednesday after each scheduled match a winner will be selected at random to continue.

Players: Browsco, Dekarian, Violet Link, Rurion, ElFede513, -Neko, LolzMuch, AA00AA, Poofie, Light Fury, Thunderfire, oneplusone, ChrissCool, Taiitoo, Jimbot, Zeonive, Braght, TheCraftyshock, FrcV, Sway, Ese Troll, [Haruki-Sagae], Pam Beesly, and rriicckk123

Staff: Willy, SirGonzo, Light Fury
Light Fury
nice tournament m8, u should let me be staff
Frc
Why not? Sign me in =D
Sway
I'd like to participate
Realistic
sign me up
-Neko
Sign me in (-w-)b
Andoryuu
Sign me in as well :)
Poofie
I would like to join and compete :) If there is no rank limit?
Zeonive
I'd like to participate too.
-Haruki
sign me in.
Frank-
GoodLuck For Your Tourney.
Rurion
Sign me in pls :)
Violet Link
Sign me in ^^
Leneyko
Ok ^^
Sign me in please !!
teashoe
I'd like to apply too :D
Szymek
Sign me in please, and this for Osu!Standard?!
Topic Starter
Willy

xSzymonPL wrote:

Sign me in please, and this for Osu!Standard?!
Yes, for osu! standard only
Riot
I'd like to join :d
Synpoo
I can stream and cast for you if you're still in need.
Braght
I'd like to try ^^ Sign me please
-Fede
Sign me :P
Topic Starter
Willy
We've finally hit 16 players, and if we can get quite a few more I might consider putting the limit at 24 or 32
Thundur
count me in

(pls 7 other players come ;w; )
ChrissCool
I'd like to participate in the tournament if there is still room :D
AA00AA
Count me in if there's still space
Dekarian
I'd like to compete Willy :)
Thundur
Kreygasm
Mamages
count me in ;D
Jimbot
I would like to play if there is still space! :)
Taiitoo
Sign me up for it!
Topic Starter
Willy
8 more participants added! No more sign-ups needed.
Dozom
I would like to join if you got a spot! :D
MimiliaaMyMommy
Should've told me about this :^)
oneplusone
Just some comments

1. There are 24 players but the challonge only shows 22?
  2. It would be better to put a list of all the players in the first post.
  3. How are the groups and order chosen? You should rank all the players then let challonge do the ordering for you. That way the top 2 players won't meet until the finals, the top 4 won't meet until semis etc.
  4. What is the point of dividing into 4 groups anyway? You can just have a big 24-player single elimination with 3rd place match, would be better.
  5. Willy wrote:

Mappool always includes two No mod picks, two Free mod picks, two Doubletime picks, one Hardrock pick, and one Hidden pick.
    Yeah right, look at the mappool.

Good luck with the tournament though.
show more