forum

Ar10 reading on 60hz

posted
Total Posts
show more
AmaiHachimitsu
It's ALL about getting used to it, in this case it's the eyes.

EOT

Once you get used to AR 10.3 on 60hz you will be more comfortable than ever with it when you switch to 120hz. Stop looking for excuses, just play
Yuudachi-kun
I reserve the right to call AR 10.3 impossible wizardly until such a time as I ever try to play it.
nrl

chainpullz wrote:

A simple case of placebo/dunning kruger most likely.
chainzie!
Dromadan
I couldn't pull off AR10 or AR10.33 with 60hz, even if i recognize i still lack practice for 10.33, it was practically impossible for me.
However i switched to 75hz (because that's as far as my screen can get with refresh rate) and it helps me a lot.
So i recommend looking for a way to get that 120hz monitor working on your new pc, or either get a new 120hz or 144hz screen.
Of course you can pull off 10.33 with 60hz, with enough practice it should be fine, but high refresh rate will make any game look even better and help you in online games since you get more frames, it's a good purchase.
chainpullz
I mean, you can't really prove anything to someone who won't accept your basic set of assumptions. For instance, if someone refuses to agree to the assumption of modus ponens then you might as well throw logical argument out the window.
Yuudachi-kun

chainpullz wrote:

For instance, if someone refuses to agree to the assumption of modus ponens then you might as well throw logical argument out the window.
Thank you for explaining this.
bigfeh

chainpullz wrote:

I mean, you can't really prove anything to someone who won't accept your basic set of assumptions. For instance, if someone refuses to agree to the assumption of modus ponens then you might as well throw logical argument out the window.
or rather, thank you for spelling this out
E m i

bigfeh wrote:

What could I possibly say to prove that the background doesn't increase or decrease the AR? That's dumb
nothing, naturally
but you interpreted it way too seriously because of course making the circles appear a few ms later is not the same as decreasing the AR
usa
I think you're mistaking reacting with reading.
If you could really read AR10, the 120hz to 60hz would make no difference.
The fact that you're barely reacting in time to AR10 even with 120hz means you're having problems adjusting to 60hz.
Many people can react to AR10, very few players can read AR10, which takes time to develop, and the players that can are mostly concentrated in ranks 2k and below.
Yuudachi-kun

usa wrote:

I think you're mistaking reacting with reading.
If you could really read AR10, the 120hz to 60hz would make no difference.
The fact that you're barely reacting in time to AR10 even with 120hz means you're having problems adjusting to 60hz.
Many people can react to AR10, very few players can read AR10, which takes time to develop, and the players that can are mostly concentrated in ranks 2k and below.
Does that mean 2999 and below or 2000 and below
Deva

Kheldragar wrote:

Seriously?
usa

Kheldragar wrote:

It doesn't really matter as it's just a general estimate, but most people I meet in multi with 2999 and below seem to be able to read AR10.
Nameless
AR10 is definitely readable at 60hz. You might experience a few problems with 10.3, though.
bigfeh

Nameless wrote:

AR10 is definitely readable at 60hz. You might experience a few problems with 10.3, though.
not true
chainpullz
Reading AR10 isn't difficult. It just takes lots of practicing AR10 and a lot of focus. If you primarily play ranked maps then playing AR10 is nearly synonymous with HR which also happens to bring higher CS and OD to the table. The AR10 aspect of HR isn't really even the difficult part.

AR10.3 maps tend to be at a high enough BPM/density that even on a lower AR you would struggle. If that weren't so much the case then reading AR10.3 wouldn't be as much of a rarity as it currently is.
nrl

chainpullz wrote:

The AR10 aspect of HR isn't really even the difficult part.
It magnifies everything else though.
Yuudachi-kun

Narrill wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

What do you mean? Like it makes every other aspect like acc harder?
-Makishima S-
WHile lately i had some fun with ar10 (there is one map which probably will go into ranked soon marked by HDHR dream... ya know, easy patterns, good song, nothing to expect more), playing ar8+hr start is always a failure, total.

So i went into Index ask, started reading, page after page, analyzing his answers and at the end, i am warming up by playing 5-6* relax+hr. Somehow helps to get my eyes moving into proper notes. Ya, index da god, he knows best how to do this shit. Still noone exept him HR Last Journey / HOOT ^^.
With some time, ar10 starts to be slower and more visible to eyes but this doesn't mean, i am actualy able to read more complicated patterns. Not mention triples / streams are still like black magic and it's more like - luck to actualy not get miss/100's on them.

But that's just my personal small experience. To be quite clear, my ar10 reading is shit as ekhm..... gotta work in fun time on it tho.

@Edit - normal keyboard + 60hz + ~2k fps here, 1920x1080 BFS. So OP - get your 3 letters into - play more ar10.
ZenithPhantasm

Narrill wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

HR makes it easier to read because smaller circles faster AR means less note density assuming AR10 and CS5.2 doesnt bother you the hardest part is OD 9.8-10
chainpullz

Kheldragar wrote:

Narrill wrote:

I'd say it affects your unstable rate. On parts where you were unstable to begin with things just get worse. If you don't have issues with unstable rate then simply playing AR10 for a little bit will usually fix for accuracy. If we add higher OD as well then a larger adjustment is needed due to a tighter hit window. On top of that, the tighter hit window will really showcase sections where you aren't very stable.

Outside of mismatches between AR and BPM/Density AR10 on it's own usually isn't a large step up in difficulty on it's own. AR10.3 is similar except, for me, it doesn't look comfortable until like 235+ bpm at which point unstable rate is a massive detriment.
nrl

Kheldragar wrote:

It makes every aspect of everything harder by forcibly reducing the amount of time you have to react to each note. A player who could otherwise FC the map, even with OD10 and CS5.2, might easily fail if they weren't prepared for the AR.
Yuudachi-kun

Narrill wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

It makes every aspect of everything harder by forcibly reducing the amount of time you have to react to each note. A player who could otherwise FC the map, even with OD10 and CS5.2, might easily fail if they weren't prepared for the AR.
But isn't it generally easier to acc higher ar's?
Deva

Kheldragar wrote:

Narrill wrote:

It is if you can actually play/read/whatever that ar, otherwise well...you know
nrl

Kheldragar wrote:

Maybe if you can read them.
Yuudachi-kun

Narrill wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Maybe if you can read them.
I thought you were talking about ar10 making everything harder in the context of being able to read it since chainpullz said it "isn't even the difficult part"
chainpullz
I think the difficulty change from AR is dependent on the note density so it's hard to make a strong blanket statement on it. For some maps higher AR can take you from the dense side of the spectrum that is hard to focus with to a comfortable density or from comfort to the sparse side of the spectrum where you can no longer leverage visual patterns as much for reading.

If I were to revise my original statement to be more careful I would say that increases in OD and CS strictly increase difficulty whereas AR increases cause varying changes in difficulty.

That statement isn't very interesting though. :P
felicitousname
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/201666&m=0

Here's a mapset you can use to test how AR affects play, all other variables are fixed (nearly).
chainpullz

felicitousname wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/201666&m=0

Here's a mapset you can use to test how AR affects play, all other variables are fixed (nearly).
Nobody outside of like top couple hundred players is even capable of passing that map with a respectable score. It would make for a horrible test suite as such.
ZenithPhantasm
240 bpm gtfo
Yarissa
You guys do so many calculations over ar10 and different refresh rates and stuff, how about you don't worry about that and practice the AR more? If it's more difficult after changing playstyles the only real thing you can do is practice it until you can do it again. Posting about it on the forums usually won't help.

BTW, it's possible to play ar11 on 60hz.
Yuudachi-kun

Kaoru wrote:

Define "possible to play" because I can stretch that to mean I could play Maffalda DTHRNF.
buny
except I doubt anybody could actually play maffalda dthr
Yarissa
Possible to play/ pass/ fc maps on a competitive level like EP83
ZenithPhantasm
Why hasn't anyone just suggest learning Hidden? It basically gets rid of the ripples.
Mahogany
Because hidden is bad and you should feel bad
Barusamikosu

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Because hidden is bad and you should feel bad
ZenithPhantasm
I dont play hidden tho ;_;
Mahogany
Recommending it is bad enough
chainpullz

Kheldragar wrote:

Kaoru wrote:

Define "possible to play" because I can stretch that to mean I could play Maffalda DTHRNF.
Could stretch the statement to simply DTHR maffalda and wouldn't be able to disprove the statement.
-Makishima S-
Hidden is ok.
Hard rock is godlike, mod for true warriors and man with balls.
DT is bad 8-)

OD10 is brutal but why not to learn it with taste of CS5.2 / CS6.5 and AR10? Too hard?
show more