forum

When should i be able to pass insane maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Red Vengeance
Ive been playing for around 8 days, although i did make my account 2 years ago. Was wondering at what pp can i expect to be able to pass insane songs.
Also im having trouble with double tapping x/z (i can only comfortably use x only) this is what is limiting me from doing the higher bpm maps as i just cant keep up. Any tips on how i can double tap properly, as i know its not as simple as x z x z x z as ive tried this and end up freezing.

Thanks
Yuudachi-kun
Pass? A week or two. Passing is irelevant for insanes. Full combos are what matters.
FieryLight
The difficulty titles aren't very good indicators of how hard songs are. You should really be looking at the star difficulty. But just to answer, I suppose you could just pass a very easy "Insane" song after two weeks. You'll probably have horrible accuracy, a lot of misses, and not have learned much but if you're just asking for a pass, then sure
IppE
Seeing as you're just barely getting trough normals and hards, trying to pass insanes is not something you should be concerned with just yet.

Just keep playing, you'll get there eventually.
Trosk-
All is about practice.

And like rrtyui says: "pls enjoy game".
-Makishima S-
You should really be looking at the star difficulty

vs

Yeah, by star system:
280 bpm ar9 od8 map is easier than 140 bpm ar8 od7.
Tbh i see Koigokoro WAAAAAAY easier than Creator - in this case.
I stopped looking for star system since i compared few maps and actualy played them with whatever mods.
Yuudachi-kun
It is, actually because low bpm and ar is disgusting and hard.
FieryLight

You realize that the star difficult looks at neither AR nor OD right? It simply looks at the physical aspects of the map such as speed of jumps, distance of jumps and circle sizes. Also, that songs doesn't have any 280 BPM streams, only single taps. Those could be played as 140BPM streams. If it was 140BPM, would you then think it still so hard? I doubt so.

Anyway, everyone knows that the star system isn't perfect but it's a damn good difficulty rating as far as I can see. It'd be impossible to make a perfect difficulty system.
-Makishima S-
Sorry for missspelling my mind - i am talking about overall difficulty of both maps.
I feel myself that i cannot even make approach to Creator but i can play in range of 85-90% acc Koigokoro.

I can agree that star system is good but not always. You need to take it like everything - with some distance.
E m i

Kheldragar wrote:

It is, actually because low bpm and ar is disgusting and hard.
dt both :^)
woqx
Koigokoro is just singletaps and a short stream every now and then, the patterns in the Origin diff of Creator are much more complex but star diff ignores this.

Diamond also has a higher star rating than Wadatsumi for example, but play both maps once and I'm sure you will agree with me when I say Kloyds map is much harder

Red Vengeance wrote:

Also im having trouble with double tapping x/z (i can only comfortably use x only) this is what is limiting me from doing the higher bpm maps as i just cant keep up. Any tips on how i can double tap properly, as i know its not as simple as x z x z x z as ive tried this and end up freezing.
If you mean alternating fingers for streams, it really is as simple as just pressing zxzxzxzxzxzxzx, start slowly and don't singletap 1/4 notes on low bpm maps, force yourself to alternate them
-Makishima S-
@woqx, thanks god someone understand my POV, you actualy read my mind and explain it better than i could.
Fartlo
OP you need to take it easy and play normals/hards. I'm still a scrub but when I was new I was in your situation as well.

Some tips:

Your accuracy currently is quite bad, and you need to try and improve on that aspect first. Play normals until you can FC with decent accuracy (at least 97%). Then slowly move on to higher difficulty songs. Mashing through hard/insanes with 80% or so accuracy will do nothing but develop bad habits that will definitely screw you over later on. Learning the beats of the songs and reading the map are very important. Set the effects volume higher than the music to help in that aspect.

If you use mouse, make sure you are using good settings (lower dpi, no acceleration, 1x sens..etc) and perhaps map your keys to a different part of your keyboard if you can't get used to z x (I personally use a s). Also get a skin that you like, it helps a lot.

Other than that just play more. When I started osu my first week was terrible. I was getting Cs on normals but after 3 months I was comfortably playing Insane difficulties. Of course everyone improves at a different rate but when you can comfortably play 3.5-3.8 star songs your transition to Insane difficulty will be easy. Most importantly though is to just have fun with the game.
MokouSmoke

Fartlo wrote:

Most importantly though is to just have fun with the game.
This. Just keep playing and you'll get better without even noticing.

Red Vengeance wrote:

Also im having trouble with double tapping x/z.
I had a similar problem my first couple weeks. Just play songs with lots of triples and 5 note streams to improve. (Fond memories of trying to pass this oldie lol)
autoteleology
Getting good at something doesn't happen on a timeline.
Topic Starter
Red Vengeance
thanks for all the help guys!
DropPopCandy
It took me forever and a year, just take your time
Yuudachi-kun

dististik wrote:

Total Hits: 1,622,362

1 year
E m i

Kheldragar wrote:

dististik wrote:

1 year
does it work the other way too? clicking 12 million circles in a year making you play for two years?
DropPopCandy

Kheldragar wrote:

1 year
Not trying to be rude, but I don't think you understand how time works
Yuudachi-kun

dististik wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

1 year
Not trying to be rude, but I don't think you understand how time works
Not trying to be rude, but I don't think you put any effort into playing over the course of a year so saying that "You spent a year to get to X level" isn't very worthwhile.
autoteleology

Philosofikal wrote:

Getting good at something doesn't happen on a timeline.
DropPopCandy
i'm just gonna stop before i start a fight over something really stupid

just keep playing, thread maker guy
B1rd

woqx wrote:

Diamond also has a higher star rating than Wadatsumi for example, but play both maps once and I'm sure you will agree with me when I say Kloyds map is much harder
Not really. Wadatsumi isn't particularly hard except for the streams, if you could stream well it'd probably be easier than diamond.
ZenithPhantasm
@OP never
Nameless
People learn at different rates, so there's no definite answer here.
I'd say that you should just play, and want to pass harder maps. Have faith in yourself.

Good luck!
Vuelo Eluko

[Taiga] wrote:

You should really be looking at the star difficulty

vs

Yeah, by star system:
280 bpm ar9 od8 map is easier than 140 bpm ar8 od7.
Tbh i see Koigokoro WAAAAAAY easier than Creator - in this case.
I stopped looking for star system since i compared few maps and actualy played them with whatever mods.
i just dt'd creator on that diff and tbh there were not any difficult streams or jumps, the thing that made it hard to hold combo were the slider breaks, some parts with the sliders were actually ridiculous with dt. i think it's well known the system doesn't factor sliders in very well.

BPM is not a factor here since the whole thing seems to be mapped in 1/1 , with the streams in 1/2. it may as well be 140.