forum

Ghost Cursor Mod (Play Along)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +22
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
This is particularly for the purpose of training so it will most likely be unranked.

Simply have a secondary and more transparent cursor graphic move around the map like for AutoPilot so players can better determine if they have their cursor at the right place and at the right time.
Dephix
would be useful especially when doing streams, making it skinable would be nice too, sorry i have no stars
abraker
Might get confusing and I don't see the point to this. Even for in-between the notes with a sudden BPM change or unevenly spaced notes, I don't think even the ghost mod will help you much. You move the cursor based on the reaction of how far the next note is, and ghost cursor is no different. Just practice until you get it right.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

abraker wrote:

Might get confusing and I don't see the point to this. Even for in-between the notes with a sudden BPM change or unevenly spaced notes, I don't think even the ghost mod will help you much. You move the cursor based on the reaction of how far the next note is, and ghost cursor is no different. Just practice until you get it right.
The purpose is for those that don't understand why they miss a part of a song. Are they moving off the note too fast or are they not reaching the note in time? Ghost cursor can answer that. If it's neither then, there can be no more doubt in the player because now all they have to do is worry about why they aren't clicking that note.

Examples include this map's ending https://osu.ppy.sh/s/269969 on its hardest difficulty. I would love a ghost cursor mod to tell me if i'm traversing those star patterns too fast or too slow.
abraker
In top tier maps like those I assume players use a mix of judgement of how far the note is, BPM, and auditory cues to determine how fast the cursor needs to go. I doubt a ghost cursor will help unless you are able to react to it better than other cues. It seems like a good idea, but don't know how practical it is. I would suggest editing some maps' storyboard and simulating such thing to figure out if it really helps.
Sir Lance
This is a good idea! It could definitely help newer players!