forum

Final Fantasy XIV

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ephemeral
I'm in the closed beta

It's the most boring thing I think I've ever played

I mean okay, WoW was kinda boring in beta too and so was Vanguard but holy shit this is just ridiculous
Topic Starter
beanburrito_old

Ephemeral wrote:

I'm in the closed beta

I mean okay, WoW was kinda boring in beta too and so was Vanguard but holy shit this is just ridiculous
For some reason I highly doubt this. Do you even have a subscription to XI?
Ephemeral

beanburrito wrote:

Ephemeral wrote:

I'm in the closed beta

For some reason I highly doubt this. Do you even have a subscription to XI?

Never played XI since I heard it was a sack of shit from some old guildies who ran off to play it

Like I'd lie about this shit, lol
Mogsy
People are allowed to formulate opinions, silentkiller.

Despite the fact that a few people have said that it's mad boring, I still want to try this out. At least give it a shot before I dismiss it.
Topic Starter
beanburrito_old
You lucky sob lol
awp
MMOs are only as good as the community in them

I mean the gameplay itself does have some bearing too but it's pretty negligeable
Atmey
Speaking of MMO, I am looking forward to Vindictus and Dragon Nest.
Bestelle
dkun and I signed up for the beta on Vindictus~
Looks like it'll be fun.
Topic Starter
beanburrito_old
vinditus or however you spell it actualy looks fun and thats saying it for a company that made maplestory >.>
Neo@lex
Nexon didn't make Maplestory.
Gabi
i didn't want to double post so i deleted my earlier post, open beta has started.

CMON PATCH FASTER PLEASE

Zatoichi
Just for the people who are getting low speeds and think that that's the slowest it'll go.

Lalala~
Claudia_old
I downloaded the beta and it didn't work

then they pulled the site down
qq
Neo@lex
I died, and I can't figure out how to revive.
Fuck this game.
awp
It's not "wait 30 seconds or type /commandIforgot" any more?

wait it never was wait 30 seconds you just type a command to respawn

don't remember what that command is though
Gabi
The controls are pretty hard, especially when i can't find the tutorial (if there even is one?)

When i died i just clicked everywhere, eventually i spawned again but weakened. After a while i logged out, gonna try it again when i have some more energy to run through this shit.
Claudia_old
this is bullshit.

I finally managed to register for beta, the site was confusing, and once I installed it didn't work. GG.

I heard the game sucks though.
Two_old
They should have never had any beta phases for this game. I mean it kind of works against your goal of getting as many people as possible to buy it before they realize it's horrible and quit.
awp
I get the feeling FFXIV is like FFXI, aka japanese, aka merciless

you need to organize and get your shit straight if you want to make it past level 10
noneed
Please no more dissapointments.. ._.
After X FF is going so damn down.They forgot the basics about telling a badass story...
But I also think gamers expectations are too big at the moment.They just placed the bar too high
DawnII
Ival hasn't posted yet? lolwut.
Two_old
So I just got done playing it for the first time...

All you do is walk around. Combat is rock/scissors, there is no paper. The UI is horrible. Even something as important as how you level is flawed in that healers get no class experience for healing. It seems like the only people who like this game are graphics whores/diehard fanboys/"it's only in beta" people.
Neo@lex
There's also a lot of users playing it because of how shitty it is.
DawnII
I only play it because there are dead tarus. Or whatever the fuck they're called now.
boostedef123
This game has actually broken my heart. I loved FFXI but this is great graphics and music thats about it.
EnPassant

E-Hooker wrote:

this is bullshit.

I finally managed to register for beta, the site was confusing, and once I installed it didn't work. GG.

I heard the game sucks though.
Ditto.

You'd think the people at Square Enix would think to make it work for all versions of Windows 7, seeing that those with the newer OS's will in most cases have the better computers. It seems like all my friends stuck on Vista got on fine, and all three of my friends with Windows 7 x64 ran into the same problems. Congratulations. You have proven that Fail game works on Fail OS, E-mail me when you get a Faildapter running.
Atmey
I ended up getting this anyway, Physical Level 12, Marauder Rank 10, the battle seems better than XI, there are some long walks, but there is a teleport option costing some points which I think regenerate daily. The is a limit on how many quests (levequests) you can take in 48 hours, but they are fun. Worst thing is market wards, I really miss the old bazaar where you can find exactly what you are looking for, and know how much is the sale price for X item, still stuck with half of my starter's equipments.
My computer (quad 2.2ghz GTX260) can run the game on maximum settings but it is very laggish so I keep it around medium.
The menus looks good but they are very slow, transferring/selling items is a pain. I don't like the non-fighting jobs, they are boring, repetitive and luck based, and they seem the best method generating gil.
The game is not bad, but it is very slow.