forum

Hyperdimension Neptunia

posted
Total Posts
show more
NaomiMinette
=c Okay...
blissfulyoshi
I have 9 of the 10 games (1, mk2, V, pp, noire, U, rebirth 1, rebirth 2, and VII). V, Noire, U, reibrth 1, and rebirth 2 are all collector's edition (so because U has the body pillow in the CE, I technically do have a body pillow..... which I didn't open). I have perfect guides (which includes the art) for 3 of the games, and I have the artbook for 1/mk2. I have both copies of rebirth on steam and the CE of the original game coming in...... I'm sure I need more help than most.....

/me Usagi-chan no you ni, pyon!
omochikaeri
Finally someone started a thread about Neps :O

I only got into the series when I bought Re;Birth1 on the Vita last November. Now, I got Re;Birth2, HDNoire and HDNU added. I also bought VII even though I don't have a PS4 yet and don't know Japanese LOL.

I'm also planning to get all the Nep games on Steam because you can never have enough Neps in your life xD.

People should make more HDN maps on osu! The songs are all good.

Also, Neptune best girl
Synchrostar
19h on re;birth2 in 2 days

meh
[ yogurt ]

Synchrostar wrote:

19h on re;birth2 in 2 days

meh
I wouldn't even know it came out if not for your stream.

Dog bless you.

Nameless wrote:

Nepgear best girl.
Damn right.
Eun-Fox
I played the first one, but I regret selling it cause of the " healing " systems in there were terrible.
Then again maybe it's just me being so confuse into it.
But I can't lie though. I do love the game c:
NaomiMinette
Get it on Steam, then.
Gumpy
I'm going to get Rebirth 1 and 2 on the Vita because then i will actually play it.
I don't like playing RPGs on PC.
pandaBee
Uni and nepgear are qt. Though I miss nurp.
Fubukicat
R.E.D such E P I C~ ~
also~ never Roam alone (romxram fusion) tehee~

jonel022 wrote:

Finally someone started a thread about Neps :O

Also, Neptune best girl
^ I AGREE , Top Nep !
blissfulyoshi
Yay, I now have Platinum on 2 of the most grindy Neptunia games (U and Noire), and almost done with my Steam copy of RB2 (Doing Stella's dungeon without DLC takes a while).

I highly do not recommend trying to plat Noire or U (and tbh, I don't even recommend getting U, which I thought was a worse Neptunia game than PP was). If you do want to platinum RB2 or Noire, I highly recommend following a guide to figure out the most effective way to play the game (esp with Noire and finding better ways to Lily Rank grind)
Raiken-
very good game. need lot of efforst tho since there's no autosave. kind interesting, leveling and stuff.

own the 1st and the 2nd ones, haven't play the 2nd one tho planning to play it after i finish the 1st one.
omochikaeri
Belated Happy 5th Anniversary for the Neptunia Series! :D

Here is a translated version of the interview on the team behind Neptunia
Green Platinum
Eh? The characters are charming and the dialogue is entertaining but the gameplay is extremely boring and grindy from my experience.
kirueggy
How has California not responded to this thread yet? lol

I have all the US localized games for the PS3 and I'm planning on getting that one game on the PS4. I also have Neptunia PP (which I platinumed lol) and the Noire game on PS Vita...
Topic Starter
Nameless

kirueggy wrote:

How has California not responded to this thread yet? lol

I have all the US localized games for the PS3 and I'm planning on getting that one game on the PS4. I also have Neptunia PP (which I platinumed lol) and the Noire game on PS Vita...
And I'm just here with Re;Birth1 and Re;Birth2 in my Steam library, and I haven't even bothered to play through them yet.

Thanks for reviving the thread, by the way. I appreciate it.
NaomiMinette
I also bought the Re;Birth games but haven't really touched the first one... I guess it's because I didn't like the battle system, but we'll see... eventually.
DeletedUser_3905941
confusing that this game managed to make me play for 2 hours straight then get boring afterwards. I'll probably replay soon
apart from the waifuashit this game holds, most of my weeb friends love the series just for the platinum trophies
kirueggy
Speaking of trophies, Neptunia Victory is by far hands down the hardest to plat... f**k the scouting system specifically. Ugh
blissfulyoshi

kirueggy wrote:

Speaking of trophies, Neptunia Victory is by far hands down the hardest to plat... f**k the scouting system specifically. Ugh
I would put the original Hyperdimension Neptunia as harder just because you can't die and you have to deal with the super clunky engine. That and I found getting the Lost Places in Victory fairly easily because I aimed for 40 pts in every chapter..... On a side note, the most boring Plat to get would be Noire's. Spending 20-30hrs to grind lily rank and lvl is draining......
It is almost complete, all 10 games, 9 CEs, 4 perfect guides, 1 PS4 faceplate, and most importantly a dogoo.

Now time to hype the next 2 games coming out in 3 months time.
joi-

Green Platinum wrote:

Eh? The characters are charming and the dialogue is entertaining but the gameplay is extremely boring and grindy from my experience.
Grindy is good.
omochikaeri
I don't even know how I managed to plat HDNoire with all the Lily Grinding (maxing them all out for each of the 22 characters)... I got stuck with HDN U's Lily Grind trophy and gave up on it so I can start playing Re;Birth 3 LOL
blissfulyoshi
Well with U, you don't have to pay as much attention to the screen to do lily rank grinding. Just repeatedly run the 4th to 10th floor tower by just mashing the attck key while watching anime or platting something more mindless (like *w* quintet)
blissfulyoshi
Hopefully no one find a double post 6 days after.....

Finally, got my plat on Rb 3 (I know I did this very slowly)

Trying to decide which one to do next PP or VII while I wait for Blanc........
kirueggy

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Hopefully no one find a double post 6 days after.....

Finally, got my plat on Rb 3 (I know I did this very slowly)

Trying to decide which one to do next PP or VII while I wait for Blanc........
Damn you people who have more free time than others. I've only platinumed HDN Victory (after like a month of 2014's summer) and HDN PP (easy money) but since I have three AP classes I'm stuck dying here :(
blissfulyoshi
(But I took 5 AP Classes before and still had some time for games...... (I admit that there were times where I cried myself to sleep because of the stress))

Rb 3 on my ingame clock took 47 hrs + whatever time I needed for stella. If I bought the $1 dlc, I probably could have easily shaved off quite at least 2-3 hrs off that time. In short, it doesn't take that long.... Actually, if you don't count Stella's dungeon, all the Rb games aren't that bad because of how much easier it is to get lily ranks. (Rb1 only took me 32 hrs on my Vita. I ran it again on steam while skipping all dialogue, and got the plat equivalent in 17hrs)
omochikaeri
Is it worth it to buy PP? I might get it someday just to have all the Vita Nep games.
blissfulyoshi
Depends on what price you buy PP at and what you are looking for.

You get a subpar idol raising game with about 2-3hrs worth of the typical Neptunia dialogue (with the blank inserted character that the fanbase seems to hate). On the gameplay side, you have 4 routes, and for your first run, it'll usually take you 2-4hrs. If you want a platinum trophy, and have a guide, it only takes 10-15hrs, in which you'll see all the dialogue the game has to offer.

If you want the dialogue, getting it for 10-15 is not bad. If you want a decent gameplay length/price, hope somehow you can get it for 5. If you want fun gameplay, don't get the game. If you want to complete your collection, does the price tag really matter all that much xD?
omochikaeri
It's cheaper than most of the games I see on the nearest store but is still a bit expensive (about 20usd). Reading the dialogue is fine with me as long as it's not too boring. I guess I'll buy it after finishing Re;Birth3 and maybe after getting that Lily trophy on Nep U D;
omochikaeri
Sorry for the double post.

GOOD NEWS! The localization of Neptunia VII is finally announced to be released early 2016.

Site: http://ideafintl.com/nep-v2/

Now I really need to save up money for a PS4 D:
kirueggy
Is it just me or is Neptunia mk2 is suddenly getting harder to platinum in terms of time spent? blissfulyoshi pls help :(
And I finally got all my characters in Victory to level 999 (DLC included, CC2 and both Falcoms took forever) so that's a plus lmao
Veloalopus
Would I be considered a bit too obsessed with the Hyperdimension Neptunia games if I told you that I have played and beaten every single one that has been released in the USA?
Which is like, all of them except Victory II?
xD
blissfulyoshi

kirueggy wrote:

Is it just me or is Neptunia mk2 is suddenly getting harder to platinum in terms of time spent? blissfulyoshi pls help :(
And I finally got all my characters in Victory to level 999 (DLC included, CC2 and both Falcoms took forever) so that's a plus lmao
Wait, what happened?
While I didn't plat mk2 yet (I ironically originally played it on a modded console, so I'm going back to do plats these days), the plat is pretty much the same as rb2 except without Stella's dungeon of doom. You do a first run to get Apocalypse end. Then you do a 2nd run where you save before the point of no return and do all the other endings. Afterward, with your true end save, you go to lvl 99 and beat Delphinus. Where are you having problems with this?

@Chocoboeater1 , you're obsessed, but as long as you enjoy it, then who cares xD.

And yay, preordered Blanc! I wonder how much of a grind this one will be xD
Kyouki-Kun
I'm stuck Battling Blanc...

WHY DOES SHE DO SO MUCH DAMAGE I SPENT SO MUCH MONEY TO GET THE TEAM BETTER HEALTH AND IT FAILS SO BAD WHY-
NaomiMinette
Raiken-
blissfulyoshi
Just got my copy of Blanc, seems to be a far better game than U so far. There is a lot more dialogue, and the fights are shorter for now. Also, bosses actually require a bit of strategy..... (like actually moving......)

Oh yeah, after way too long, got my Victory plat.

And here is my updated Neptunia display:
NaomiMinette
Re;Birth3 V Generation is now available on Steam.
Lanturn
Just bought it earlier today. Haven't had a chance to play it yet but now I don't have to feel bad about playing VII before V anymore :D

Also don't forget it's 40% off for the first few days. So if you are planning on getting the game, you may want to think about getting it now!
NaomiMinette
Would play it (or any of the other Hyperdimension Neptunia games), but a certain other game from the same creators/company/whatever caught my attention (mainly due to the main character's seiyuu).

Go ahead and shun me, but my mind's set /o/
show more