forum

Global Tournament #1 - 1k to 40k! [3on3]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PatyYe
Tournament has finished! Congratulations to ohyou kamisama arigatou!!

Link to the brackets: http://globaltournamentosu.challonge.com/1

Announcements
  1. 25-6: Added match schedule & brackets
  2. 17-6: Added a link to the stream! Follow it if you like to get a message when we go live!
  3. 12-6: Mappool has been released. Enjoy your practice time!
  4. 6-6: Prizes added! It is not much but it's something :)
  5. 3-6: Whoop whoop, we've opened up the limit to 32 teams!
  6. 3-6: Since we want each team to have a fair chance to play multiple times, we've decided to go with a double elimination bracket!
  7. 2-6: Added a list with participating teams!
  8. 1-6: Damn, the amount of signups within 24 hours is amazing!
  9. 30-5: Added information regarding the schedule.
Quick overview regarding the tournament.
  1. edit: The tournament will be double elimination!
  2. The tournament is for osu!Standard
  3. This is regarding a 3 versus 3 tournament (3on3)
  4. The teamsize will be 3 main players with a maximum of 2 substitudes
  5. Players from ranks between 1,000 and 40,000 are able to enter in a team
  6. We will try to keep the tournament playable for every timezone.
  7. It is not sure if there will be prizes! There will be prizes!
  8. We will try to play the matches in the weekends on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Friday evening)
  9. Players feeling able to enter but are not around the listed ranking will be reviewed before acceptance.
General information
  1. The tournament will be open for every country, so no restrictions on that part.
  2. The limit of teams that are able to enter is 32!
  3. We will make the mappool harder the further the we get into the tournament. But we will not start on maps below 4 stars.
  4. The match will be played in 3on3 Team Vs.
  5. The winner of each match is determined by a Best out of 5 maps.
  6. The signups will open on the 1st of June 2015.
  7. Teams are allowed to enter with 3 players, with a maximum of 2 substitudes. A total of 5 so to say.
Schedule and Brackets

• Schedule
    The times will be chosen based on timezones for each team! This to prevent teams playing very early in the morning or very late at night!
  1. Signups: 1 june 2015 - 24 june 2015
  2. Ro32: 3 july 2015 - 5 july 2015
  3. Ro16: 10 july 2015 - 12 july 2015
  4. Quarter's: 17 july 2015 - 19 july 2015
  5. Semi's: 24 july 2015 - 26 july 2015
  6. Finals: 31 july 2015 - 1 august 2015

Brackets
  7. Will be announced as soon as possible after the signups are closed!
Match information / Match information
  1. Every match will have a referee present to make sure the rules are being followed. Final decissions are made by the referee! The referee himself will not play.
  2. When the match is played every player participating will be in a Multiplayer lobby.
  3. The match settings will be set to Team vs. and the winner will be determined by Team Total Score
  4. A song may only be played once
  5. Regarding FreeMod: One of the three players MUST pick atleast one mod. The mods allowed here are: Hidden and Hard Rock
  6. Matches are played in a Best out of Five (Bo5) series.
  7. In case of a tie, the determined Tiebreaker is played with FreeMod, however in case of the Tiebreaker, no players are forced to pick a mod, but are free to pick one if they feel the need to.
  8. Disconnecting: Regarding a disconnect from a player, there will be a possbility for a rematch, but only if the other team agrees to one. This to prevent fake disconnecting to get rematch and a possible win for a map.
  9. Each team will play one warmup map! Free of choice with FreeMod enabled (without mod force on one player). DoubleTime maps are allowed.
  10. After the warmups the team captains will do a !roll to determine the first pick/ban order.
  11. Each team will ban three maps from the pool. The highest rolling team will start the ban and will also pick the first map.
  12. The mappool will be made public after each round. And the first mappool will be made avaible once the signups close!

Did you miss anything important not mentioned? Please tell us!
Mappool

• General information about the mappools
    - Ro32 & Ro16
  1. 6 NoMod
  2. 3 HardRock
  3. 3 Hidden
  4. 3 Doubletime
  5. 3 FreeMod
  6. 1 Tiebreaker
    - Quarters & upward:
  7. 8 NoMod
  8. 4 HardRock
  9. 4 Hidden
  10. 4 Doubletime
  11. 4 FreeMod
  12. 1 Tiebreaker
  13. Mappool's can be found by clicking this link.
Tournament staff

• Tournament Organisation
  1. Organizors: - Nozomi - | Lazer | - Kotori -
  2. Referees: - Nozomi - | Lazer | - Kotori - | Period | deidarasz
  3. Map selectors: Gravified | Period | [MY] yummy90 XP

Streaming Organisation
  4. Streamers: - Nozomi - | Lazer
  5. Commentator: Gumi Rin | Hushtrap | kiyuriu | Lazer
  6. Link to stream: http://www.twitch.tv/osuglobal
Signup information
  1. Follow this link to signup!
  2. Accepted Team information
Prizes
  1. First place team: 2 months supporter for every team member!
  2. Second place team: 1 month supporter for every team member!
miggytheoo
What are the times for the Tournament? :?:

Just to point it out, will not join.
Topic Starter
PatyYe

TimoChan wrote:

What are the times for the Tournament? :?:

Just to point it out, will not join.
We'll try to arrange everything in the weekends and playable during the day and not early mornings or late at nights.
worst ez player_old
Sounds cool. Will sign up when it's open.
VaniGori
Maybe for signups make a google form/doc or something similar. This seems imteresting, gonna mark this on the calendar :D
- AyDJay -
Sounds great. Will certainly sign up!
Littleboy40
I hope I won't forget to sign up!! :D
tryaway
im going to see if i got time left
Topic Starter
PatyYe

VaniGori wrote:

Maybe for signups make a google form/doc or something similar. This seems imteresting, gonna mark this on the calendar :D
Seems like a good idea, the only thing I'm wondering then is in what way will I see the results? For example will I see it in a email or will I see it in a list beneath each other.
SnowBl4ck-
Is someone interested in taking me into a team? I could be a substitute :) PM me in the forums or in-game pl0x :D
Endyron
I would join but i dont have a team :'(
Edit: I have 1 now! ;)
VaniGori

[Paty] wrote:

VaniGori wrote:

Seems like a good idea, the only thing I'm wondering then is in what way will I see the results? For example will I see it in a email or will I see it in a list beneath each other.
There is more than one way to view the results, but I'd say the easiest way to view the results is in a spreadsheet, like here and an example form could be like this.

Anyways, if you don't like links, the short answer is: Yes, you can see it in a list beneath each other, and to make it fair, the time the form was filled in will also be displayed.

Edit: you can check the changes/updates yourself by filling in the second link and then refreshing the first link.
Syph
Signed up, looking forward to it. c:
Bubbleman
Signed up~
TEAM REPTILE FALCONS GO
voidlessheart
Free player here :)
Mut4nte
Cool, but you guys can please put an EZ mod pool? I'd love to play it, and its a skill as well as HR and give low ranked teams a chance to win :)
Light Of Day
Anyone from North America west coast willing to join our team? Pm me by tomorrow and I'll add you to my 3 man roster. Preferably rank -25k please!
Littleboy40
YES!!! I wanna join!! Pick me! Pick me! Pick me! Or am I too loud?! *whispers 'Pick me!'*

Just kidding :) I would love to take part on this tournament! :D
kymotsujason
L>Team (Looking for a team) =P
Anyone?
voidlessheart
if anyone still needs a player im free
Arcane
Sign me up!!!
Topic Starter
PatyYe
Only 7 teams remain till we're filled with signups! Be quick with signups!
Thundur
finally I will not be able to play. I'm really sorry.
[Lucky]
does the team captain already count as a player or does he need to be in one of the player slots too
Kimitakari
Can I be a commentator please? :D
maikuroPoni
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
[ BJ ]
totally joining
Topic Starter
PatyYe

MikroKucyk wrote:

will be losers tree? And how will be selected how fighting team? Random, or by rank?
Double elimination so each loser team gets another chance! Same as OWC.

For the who will be fighting who. Random with a bit of timezone influence. Trying to not let asia play VS US because matches will be early and late for them. But cant change rng decission. But we will try our very best!
2Nooby2Die
so we are 32 out of 32 teams at the moment.
when will the mappool be released?
Can't wait to practise ^^
[ BJ ]

[Paty] wrote:

Currently 32 out of 32 teams have signed up! Teams signing up past this point will be marked as reserves!
rip. If anyone has an open spot i may want to join.
Karuta-_old_1

[ BJ ] wrote:

[Paty] wrote:

Currently 32 out of 32 teams have signed up! Teams signing up past this point will be marked as reserves!
rip. If anyone has an open spot i may want to join.
You may want to find a team with your timezone, gonna look up on that in a bit

by the way, nice rank there
Topic Starter
PatyYe
32 Teams have been accepted into the tournament!

We will close the signups early due to the HUGE HUGE amount of signups in the period.

Also I have some info about the first mappool!

We are very close to finishing the first mappool, which really took us some time due to the balance we want to create between challenging and the lower ranks being able to survive with a Full Combo or high combo!

We will increase the difficulity rapidly after the Ro32, so expect more challenges for each team to come along!

On the match schedule we will include what mappool will be used.

For teams that have changes about their roster, PLEASE PLEASE contact Lazer. By messaging him in-game or DM. He will update the signup information!
-Derek

2Nooby2Die wrote:

so we are 32 out of 32 teams at the moment.
when will the mappool be released?
Can't wait to practise ^^
almost done with the mappool for ro32 just doing some finalizing

EDIT: Soon™
[Lucky]
get hyped \o/

EDIT: Soon™
VaniGori
tryaway
Still need moar referees?
I can help out if you need one
SnowBl4ck-
About the times, I would want if my team would get the more nightier times for matches. Some people have work and many can't play mid-day because of social life :) Hope this is the place to say something like this :S
show more