forum

Just wanna say that I agree with Jarby's thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
D33d
Seriously, I find the hate here on transgender people to be fairly obscene--especially coming from the founder and head of what is ultimately a community that represents a lot of walks of life.

Here's his post for substantiation. It's just not cool. I know that this thread'll also be locked by the time I wake up, but since Jarby's thread was locked before anybody else could back him up, I wanted to chime in as another voice on the matter.

Here is the chat snip that Jarby made:

What harm do trans people pose? What makes them so strange as to appear unhuman? Loads of people have quirks which don't make them "normal," but they, like trans people, are otherwise functioning members of society when they're not being drowned in abuse.

If it's really that hard to come to terms, or otherwise know how to address transgender people, the singular "they" is all-encompassing and won't be erroneous. Of course, it's also up to those people to extend the olive branch by not throwing a huge fit every time somebody gets it wrong, but that sort of lashing-out is usually a result of putting up with all kinds of asinine remarks over what is often a very troubling issue for the individual.

peppy, In the interests of this community not being a festering cesspool of intolerance, could you at least have the self-assurance to leave this thread open as a means of encouraging reasonable discussion? We all know that you're happy to speak your mind anyway, so doing that while allowing others to air their opinions and issues would be better than attempting to crush any kind of healthy discourse on the matter. That way, there needn't be any idiotic drama in modhelp (of all of the places).
-sev
Hi tumblr
Friendan
I don't see anything wrong with what peppy said. If you describe yourself as a genderfluid demigirl then you need to reconsider your life.

Kaienyuu wrote:

Hi tumblr
pretty much this
he said 2 sentences, no need to have a thread open for tumblrites to complain about oppression.
drum drum

peppy wrote:

wanko