A Mystery wrote:
Alright let's mod this
- I hope there are going to be custom hitsounds, and right now I've some trouble with some of the hitsounds you added to objects. I will point them out. Also, you can use the hitsound copier if you want the same hitsounds in your normal and hard as in the insane. (I suppose you're busy with that looking at the map description)
- Good map, definitely rankable, and you should go for it.
- The current bitrate of your mp3 is too high, and it should be 192 at most. Here is a 192 kbps version, the offset should be increased by 33 (so it will be 1567), and all the inherited points should be moved as well of course. It is possible for the first object not to be snapped correctly anymore (even if you check the "snap objects to timing" option). In that case just move it and it will fit perfectly again.
- Some custom combo colours would be nice
- I like it how you extended the time before the break. However, I also see you replaced the mp3 and moved the offset (gj!) but you moved everything except for the break (right now it starts right before the downbeat). Fix this
- Your current spread is not rankable. There should at least be 1 diff that has a lower star rating than 2.
- It's 2015, even though it's not necessary maybe you could think of a custom difficulty name
- Obviously, every hitsound suggestion here also applies in the other difficulties.
- I can see quite some overmapped triples, but I will ignore those
- Sometimes it could've been mapped better to the vocals. I will point most of the parts out so prepare for a big list of suggestions (I hope you don't mind)
00:10:713 (2,3) - You've been consistent with these patterns 00:07:421 (1,2,3) - , so why not to the same here? I think a 1/1 slider for the longer piano note instead of a slider-end makes more sense as well
00:24:067 (4) - Make this a blanket around 00:23:518 (1) -
00:24:616 (5,6,1,2) - I suggest making this a 1/2 slider only, because the quintuplet is not in the song. But if you really want to keep the stream, consider making it a consistent, normal one. (so use the same DS between every circle)
00:25:347 (2) - You could replace this with a circle and a 1/2 slider, that way you will be mapping the vocals more accurately
00:26:445 (1) - Actually the same as my previous suggestion, but in this case there should first be a slider and then a circle
00:32:299 (1,2,3,4) - Try this rhythm. It will be mapped to the vocals, and the hihat does not need to be mapped in this case
00:35:957 (3) - You can barely see the curve. Consider making the angle a little bit smaller or replacing the slider-anchor by a white one
00:37:238 (2) - Use a circle+slider. Right now you are ignoring the snare, which kinda feels bad
00:38:152 (1) - The overlap looks kinda meh
00:39:616 (1) - End the slider on the white tick, followed by a circle
00:46:384 - I recommend mapping something here because of the bass-kick, but also because the current spacing is very confusing
00:51:689 (2,3) - Swap the rhythms, it will be mapped better to the vocals
01:00:104 (1,2) - Also a "meh" looking overlap
01:01:201 (4,1) - Increase distance, it's a new downbeat and the next circles are further apart which doesn't really make sense
01:04:860 (3) - Circle+slider instead would fit the vocals way better
01:07:421 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - These triples really don't fit. Consider replacing them by 1/2 sliders
01:08:152 (7,8,9) - I think this was your intention. The current pattern does not represent the drums in the song
01:14:189 (2,3,4,1) - Maybe it's just me, but I found this very confusing. Consider moving 01:14:189 (2) -
01:16:384 - Map a circle here as well. It will fit the bass guitar (unless your intention was to map the piano only, that's fine as well)
01:19:128 (1) - Same on the red tick after this circle, and similar spots
01:46:018 (4) - This blanket is kinda bad, you could improve it
01:46:933 (1) - I like the anti-flow slider here, but it would be better if the distance from the previous circle was bigger, it would emphasize the vocals and the downbeat better.
01:53:152 (2,3) - This overlap really doesn't look that great. I highly recommend you to move one of the sliders
02:18:396 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - As cool as it might sound, this really is overmapped. The streams does not represent anything in the song, so if I were you I would replace it by 1/2 patterns for example
02:20:591 (1,2,3) - 2 1/2 sliders would be better, because the current pattern does not really fit the song
02:26:993 - Map a circle where the spinner starts, and let the spinner start on the blue tick instead. It is a really powerful, last note but it should be tapped
02:29:738 (2,3) - Same as 00:51:689 (2,3) -
02:37:787 (4,5,1,2) - Same as 00:24:616 (5,6,1,2) - (about the shape)
02:40:988 (3) - Remove this circle. That way you can emphasize the downbeat, and the circle is not in the song anyway
02:46:566 (1) - I like this kind of extended slider use, gj
02:53:335 (2) - Move further away because very slight overlaps like these look terrible
- This diff is full of very slight overlaps. Consider making the spacing a little larger at those spots
00:09:250 (2) - Same as 00:10:713 (2,3) - in your insane
00:22:055 (1,2,3) - Just stay consistent with your previous patterns. It suddenly feels empty here
00:32:665 (2,3) - Circle-slider-circle would fit the vocals better
00:47:482 (1) - I recommend you to just repeat the previous pattern. The spinner is pretty random (and also quite fast for a hard)
00:51:323 (1,2,3) - Try something like this for this pattern and the next one. It will fit better because slider-ends are not very useful for vocal-changes
00:53:152 (2,3) - If you did not apply my previous suggestion, move the circle further away from the slider to avoid reading issues
01:06:323 (2,1,2) - This is fine, but why not map the vocals and make the sliders off-beat? http://puu.sh/iGbWK/aa81450f61.jpg
01:08:152 (3,4,5) - Why did you do the rhythm correctly here but not in the insane?
01:09:615 - It really feels wrong ignoring the snare here
01:11:079 - Same issue. I recommend using a slider to map the guitar in the background
01:56:262 (2) - Use a circle and then a slider. Right now you are ignoring the snare
02:18:396 (3) - Make this a slider? The pattern is kinda confusing and I don't see why you would leave out the sound of the guitar
02:24:067 (2,3,4) - This would fit waaay better. The snares will be emphasized, and there won't be a weird empty space
02:35:226 (1,2) - Use the same rhythm as 00:57:177 (1,2,3,4) -
02:46:932 (1,2) - ^
02:52:787 (1,1,1,2,1,2,1,1,1) - Please make this consistent with the insane. Either that or make the insane consistent with the hard.
- You could've made this normal easier if you didn't space the 1/2. Using a lower spacing would fix this, but it would require an entire remap. I recommend making an easy diff as well
- Some of the stacks are confusing, and I'm talking about those with a 1/2 or larger timing gap between the circle and the slider
00:12:360 (5,6) - This is too confusing for a normal. A lot of people will just press this slider too early
00:29:006 (2) - make this a 1/2 slider? That way you can map the snare
00:49:860 (1,1) - The time between the spinner and the next slider is too little. I recommend removing the spinner and mapping the drums
00:53:884 (6) - Same as 00:29:006 (2) -
01:05:043 (5,6) - Also confusing
01:08:152 - Don't ignore this beat
01:14:738 (1) - A break is nice in a normal, but you could just stay consistent with the break in the hard/insane. If you want to keep this break then map at least the last half because it takes reeeaally long
01:38:335 (2) - Don't do this. There is nothing here to map, just make the slider-head and end a circle. The slider-ticks will also sound off-beat and that is something you should avoid
01:41:994 (2,3) - Confusing
02:01:384 (7) - Just map until the part where you stopped in the other difficulties.
02:36:323 (3) - Confusing
02:46:018 (5,6) - This one is especially confusing because both objects are on red ticks. I highly recommend you to map something between, because you are ignoring a sound as well now.
02:47:847 - Map this tick
02:52:787 (1,2,1,2,1,1,2) - Also make this consistent with the other diffs.
Woah that took me some time. I'm sorry for the big wall of text, but that's how I usually mod. If there is anything unclear, just ask me in-game. Also, I think the insane is rankable after getting a few mods, but I feel different about the other diffs.
I hope I helped you out a bit, and good luck!
Thanks so much for your mod! Fixed everything, remapped normal too (Don't think an easy will be necessary now that the lowest diff is 1.99 stars )
You definitely did help a lot, thanks c: