forum

What rank should I be if I play 4-5 star maps?

posted
Total Posts
show more
pandaBee

HK_ wrote:

Lower than me obviously since i play 6 star maps.
Yuudachi-kun

KawaiiKittyKat wrote:

Better than 90,000 because you can't seem to fc anything at that level since your top plays are like 3.5
ZenithPhantasm

pandaBee wrote:

HK_ wrote:

Lower than me obviously since i play 6 star maps.
Endaris
You have to ask the other way around:
Which star diff should I play at 90k rank?
Yuudachi-kun

Kheldragar wrote:

KawaiiKittyKat wrote:

Better than 90,000 because you can't seem to fc anything at that level since your top plays are like 3.5
Also adding that you didn't specify mods. You could probably get to 1k by having 99%+ on lots of maps around 4.5-5.0 with HR or even HDHR. With nomod having crap acc in the same range would probably be around 30k. If 5 star includes 5.99 nomod you could also probably be in the 1k range.
trebby
50,000-7,000.
FieryLight
Well... I played every difficulty when I first started. Heck, I played Big Black DT with my friends on multi when I first started. Playing doesn't mean much unless you are capable of doing very well (i.e. Hitting every note, decent accuracy, etc.)
SnowflakeStreet
Depends on what you mean by 'playing'.

There's a huge difference between passing a map and FCing it with good acc.
Topic Starter
MinaTheMenace
I can get an A on most 4-5 star maps.
Yuudachi-kun

KawaiiKittyKat wrote:

I can get an A on most 4-5 star maps.
So what? That means nothing
Endaris
Recent Plays (last 24h):
about 23 hours ago - Eels - I Need Some Sleep [Beginner] 284,998 (A) DoubleTime
If you can't DTS a 0,95 star map firsttry i'm not really sure how you're supposed to get an A on 4-5 star maps.
E m i

Kheldragar wrote:

So what? That means nothing
dude he answered a question
Kouya-
I'd say 15k and under
pandaBee

Perfect video for this thread.
Erasome
If you fc 4-4.5 star maps, you'd be around my rank, which is like 35k-45k ish.
E m i
i got to rank 4k without getting ANY pp from ANYTHING above 5 stars
CelegaS
Don't care about pp and rank, just play harder and harder map and play map you like.
Yuudachi-kun

CelegaS wrote:

Don't care about pp and rank, just play harder and harder map and play map you like.
Alternatively, care about pp and play harder maps you can fc so you can improve.
7ambda

Kheldragar wrote:

Alternatively, care about pp and play harder maps you can fc so you can improve.
Funnily enough, I've seen that doing this tends to stunt skill progression for most people. Just look at me. :V
Bauxe
90,675 tbh
Yuudachi-kun

F1r3tar wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Funnily enough, I've seen that doing this tends to stunt skill progression for most people. Just look at me. :V
Look at me.
Deva

F1r3tar wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Sad but true, pp is evil!
PakaChan
Between 1 and 6,371,131
Infevo
You can get to about 10k rank with about 3k pp if you play 4.5 star no mod maps with really high accuracy ~99%.

Stars are not equivalent to potential pp gained from an fc, though. The above is just a small hint how a player might end up spamming 4.5 stars with high consistency and acc.
Trosk-
You should be at your actual rank. Day by day you are getting better and you are going to rank up. This is how osu works.
VirtualMuffin
If you play 4-5 star maps you can be any rank.

You might also have no rank if you're offline.

Now if you asked what rank can you expect if you consistently do well at this rating, that's another question.
Nameless
osu! ranks don't resemble skill due to their inaccuracy, but I'd say maybe 80K and higher (higher being a lower number, numbers are confusing), maybe 40K for FCing.
autoteleology

Infevo wrote:

Stars are not equivalent to potential pp gained from an fc, though. The above is just a small hint how a player might end up spamming 4.5 stars with high consistency and acc.
It's equivalent to potential pp gained from an SS. I have word from peppy himself that this is the case.

pandaBee

Philosofikal wrote:

Infevo wrote:

It's equivalent to potential pp gained from an SS. I have word from peppy himself that this is the case.

This is wrong though, you also have to factor in OD.
B1rd
OD + length. Then you have to factor in how hard the map is for its star rating. It's not that hard to figure out though.
pandaBee

B1rd wrote:

OD + length. Then you have to factor in how hard the map is for its star rating. It's not that hard to figure out though.
I believe that it's max possible combo that goes into the factoring and not actual song length (correct me if i'm wrong). Also, isn't that already factored into the star difficulty?
Yuudachi-kun
I believe it's objects and not combo.
uberpancake
Then you have to factor in the slider to circle ratio
pandaBee

Kheldragar wrote:

Max poss combo doesnt denote total objects ? Learned something new
-Makishima S-
Passing != Playing

Rank doesn't matter, i know people who are able to play 5* maps without misses but combobreak a lot, also i know people who achieved 20-10k rank without single 5* map on their top plays. How about people who achieved higer rank than 10k by farming 4* maps with DT / HDDT?
Deva

pandaBee wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Max poss combo doesnt denote total objects ? Learned something new
With 100 objects you can have anywhere from 100 to i dont even know how much combo, it all depends on slider tick rate and length of sliders used.