forum

[resolved] osu! can't start at all

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Winshley
So it's been a few weeks since I played this game. I was running the game as usual, going through patch downloads and stuff. But when the splash screen comes up, the game instantly crashes. I had to dig Event Viewer for the error message and the following came up:

Application: osu!.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
Stack:
at OpenTK.Graphics.OpenGL.GL.GenBuffers(Int32, Int32 ByRef)
at #=qye0$5YzUohuFy0qK3Za7DiKyzeAlwodjqvDQZfm$HquzOWcW$YiBeK2gt5l4Cpgn.#=qj5RzzukSvCEAK8mrB4nHsw==()
at #=qYXxbL8qIL6wewuGnq7zT2g==.#=qj5RzzukSvCEAK8mrB4nHsw==()
at #=qGDXvskXP5HpR5NXG0JB9iQDg1aJEao7jWVFxAxjte40=.#=qeUlHWXdBKhAVDyWeU2F5Vg==()
at #=qnkb9whIkP9kmVLKYGzx3fA==.#=qKMe5x3OHNZe6N44TOzJJkw==(System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
at #=qnkb9whIkP9kmVLKYGzx3fA==.#=qNv9AY$nrGIhAPK9YlteP4w==(System.String[])
at #=qnkb9whIkP9kmVLKYGzx3fA==.#=q0WrRcV01CL0r5Ftd$XtIEw==()
at #=qzuZqONQlNterlD6omxQ0Yf$k9FHWxTwA19sWgYs9vj4=.#=qYSqKQhx$diQxrdfMePEwAQ==()

osu! version: 20150509.1cuttingedge (but I did tried with using the safe mode feature by holding Shift during the splash screen, and changing to any version of the build doesn't do anything, be it Stable or Beta. No re-downloads at all)
VeilStar
While I can't really say anything about the crash itself...

Winshley wrote:

but I did tried with using the safe mode feature by holding Shift during the splash screen, and changing to any version of the build doesn't do anything, be it Stable or Beta. No re-downloads at all
Switch release streams and then click the "repair osu!" button? That should work. Otherwise grab the installer, rename it from osu!install.exe to osu!.exe, place it in your osu! folder, and run it.
Topic Starter
Winshley
Tried redownloading. It works fine on Stable build, but when I moved onto Cutting Edge build again, the problem persists.
O2MasterFX
Manually install .net framework 4.5 and above and perform windows update after it.
VeilStar
Update or re-install your graphics drivers and try again. If it still doesn't work report it in the cuttingedge thread (including the error message and whatever may be relevant). t/259747
Topic Starter
Winshley

O2MasterFX wrote:

Manually install .net framework 4.5 and above and perform windows update after it.
I already have .NET Framework 4.5.1 installed and fully updated from Windows Update before this issue appears.

VeilStar wrote:

Update or re-install your graphics drivers and try again. If it still doesn't work report it in the cuttingedge thread (including the error message and whatever may be relevant). https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/259747
Well, that sucks. That means I prolly would stick on the Stable build, because my laptop is no longer supported by the manufacturer anymore, and installing the driver provided by Intel may cause BSoD randomly, so I'm stuck with outdated Intel GMA driver. It's already about 8 years old, so yeah. I guess I should consider getting a new laptop...

Anyways though, I don't have anymore error messages I can provide, than what's posted above.
O2MasterFX
How about 4.5.2?
VeilStar
Post it in that thread...
When the new OpenGL implementation will roll down to stable (which it undoubtably will eventually) you won't be able to play at all anymore on that PC if whatever the issue with this is doesn't get fixed.
Flanster

Winshley wrote:

It's already about 8 years old, so yeah. I guess I should consider getting a new laptop...
Doesn't sound like your device can even be capable of running OpenGL.
Topic Starter
Winshley

O2MasterFX wrote:

How about 4.5.2?
Sorry, it was a typo. I had 4.5.2 installed, not 4.5.1.

VeilStar wrote:

Post it in that thread...
When the new OpenGL implementation will roll down to stable (which it undoubtably will eventually) you won't be able to play at all anymore on that PC if whatever the issue with this is doesn't get fixed.
I'll post there anyway, but I do believe this might be the right time for me to get a new one since the current one I have is pretty old. :P

LoliFlan wrote:

Doesn't sound like your device can even be capable of running OpenGL.
It does run, but rather unstable with older Intel drivers.

osu! will run properly only when under VSync OpenGL mode, but there's a very huge input delay (almost 0.5 seconds!!) if I used that mode. Although I do question why it was running properly on Cutting Edge build 3 weeks ago under 120fps...
abraker
Which Intel GMA do you have?
Topic Starter
Winshley

abraker wrote:

Which Intel GMA do you have?
It's the old Intel GMA X3100.
TheVileOne
We're working on a solution to the issue.
TheVileOne
I think we can resolve this now.