forum

Anime Expo 2015

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
What is AX?

Currently the largest project managed by the SPJA, Anime Expo is an annual convention currently held at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Historically Anime Expo (AX) has been held on July 4th weekend as a 4-day event. Anime Expo has grown in scale dramatically, and is currently the largest anime and manga convention in North America. It is the second longest running anime convention (after A-kon in Texas) starting in 1992.

Meetup: Saturday Dinnertime (exact time tbd)

If you are interested in staying in contact with the group, please join the GroupMe (https://app.groupme.com/join_group/14736142/03ZA0E )

Attendees:
1. Aevroze
2. Aoyama Mio
3. Asystole
4. blissfulyoshi
5. brenbread
6. Comett
7. DasLanky
8. DynamicDynasty
9. Erina
10. escherion
11. Harrharrqi
12. Horo
13. jakerolled
14. Jim
15. leluffy
16. osuuci dot com
17. senary
18. -Soba-
Erina
I'll be going on Saturday (hopefully), gonna kiss this month's paycheck goodbye.

Haven't been active on osu ever since I started working though...
neonat
Enjoy your IA performance, should be a really interesting experience. I know I personally loved the vocaloid concerts I've been to

Erina

neonat wrote:

Enjoy your IA performance, should be a really interesting experience. I know I personally loved the vocaloid concerts I've been to
wow vip tickets for the concert are already sold out

im so salty right now
saiyuri
i'm going too and i know horo is going as well
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Yay! More people. Added Harrharrqi and Horo. -Soba- confirmed he was coming in a skype chat.

Besides that, trying to figure out what I should update the op with, but at least we are having more people here this year.
Erina
YOOOOO SOBAS COMING WHOOOO ANIMAZEMENT PART TWO

Soba help me convince slymaster to come
S2VX
Ayo, I'm gonna be going on Saturday. IA <3 :) . As for the rest of osu! UCI, I'll post and see if anyone else is coming, but I know for a fact one other dude is gonna be going on Saturday, though not for IA. Not sure about any others as of now though.
I Love Maki
Me and leluffy will be there everyday
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Con date is coming closer, so just want to ask some questions.

What days is everyone going to be there?

Do we want to do a group dinner, or should we just have some random meetups?

If no one answers, I'll probably pm everyone on the list these questions, and to make sure we stay in contact, I'll probably send all you my phone number in case you need me to try to coordinate something.
As for my personal answers, I'll be there all 4 days unless I get bored, and as for group dinner, unless someone has a car, getting away from the crowded little tokyo area to find a place with a reasonable line will be difficult. (If anyone is for some reason in the west side like where I live, I'll be more than happy to eat with you.)
saiyuri
i'll be there probably every day? i'm up for a group dinner :v if i dont spend all my money on merch first ;)
S2VX

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Con date is coming closer, so just want to ask some questions.

What days is everyone going to be there?

Do we want to do a group dinner, or should we just have some random meetups?

If no one answers, I'll probably pm everyone on the list these questions, and to make sure we stay in contact, I'll probably send all you my phone number in case you need me to try to coordinate something.
As for my personal answers, I'll be there all 4 days unless I get bored, and as for group dinner, unless someone has a car, getting away from the crowded little tokyo area to find a place with a reasonable line will be difficult. (If anyone is for some reason in the west side like where I live, I'll be more than happy to eat with you.)
Jimmy and I will just be going Saturday. Dinner works for me since what I have planned now will be buying stuff in the morning and going to IA in the afternoon. I don't really have anything yet planned for the night time, but Jimmy might pull me to some Love Live event... :o

If you have a specific time slot and specific area to meetup, that'll help me out so I can plan around it. Edit: For location, preferably closer to the convention center so it's easier to go back and forth.
Comett
I'll also be going again this year all 4 days. Mark me down as Comett since that's what everyone knows me as. I'll also be attending the love live concert screening on saturday! Hope to see some of you there.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
I was wondering if I should go to the LL concert. I am trying to figure out how fun it will be to watch a recording of a concert I saw the recording for already but this time with other people. Like I can't see it being that much fun sadly. And the items included for going weren't that exciting. Someone want to convince me otherwise?

As for dinner, let me think of something after I wake up.
Jim

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I was wondering if I should go to the LL concert. I am trying to figure out how fun it will be to watch a recording of a concert I saw the recording for already but this time with other people. Like I can't see it being that much fun sadly. And the items included for going weren't that exciting. Someone want to convince me otherwise?

I know most of the restaurants around LA since I lived there for pretty much my whole life so I can recommend good places depending on what kind of food everyone's craving. I'm trying to get bananamilk and Andrew to come down and hang out as well so fingers crossed
Comett

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Yeah, I watched the concert like 10 times in my love live days. I'm only going because a couple of my friends are going and the items don't seem to bad for me. I wouldn't actually mind watching it one more time but this time with some friends.
DyDy
Locked in for all 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and put me down as DynamicDynasty because name change op lel
Poofin
Yeah ill be there for the first two days for sure so you can sign me in...
Call me Poofin but i identify as escherion
brenbread
I'm gonna be there for the entirety of the weekend as well.
I Love Maki

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Anything involving Love Live is fun :) I'm going
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Fine, I'll consider heading to the LL event....

I'll probably reorganize the op in a bit, let me just finish my marathon of Sekai Project VNs (4 done in 3 days......)

As for where to eat, I still have no clue, anyone want to suggest? Admittedly, our party is growing, so maybe just a gathering with take out/fast food.
Horo
Yeah I'll be going. Wasn't aware of this thread until a PM, but how about In-n-Out. It's cheap, everyone likes it, and for people coming from out of state it might be a nice thing to try.

I also want to state that I have a pretty big group of friends I'm staying with in Northridge who will be going with me. I'll post some profiles here, but not many of them play osu!.

We will be there the whole weekend and once we get bored/done each day we will be going to Round 1 PHM/Lakewood for IIDX/SDVX. We will be going there for a few days after AX too to avoid masses of con-goers.

If anyone wants to hang out times besides the meetup, my friends and I don't bite. Definitely making a serious attempt to go to the wagakkiband/IA concert but I haven't had much luck getting into ANY of the concerts since 2011 cause so many people.

Send me a forum PM if you want in our GroupMe for the con. I suggest that we make one for this meetup too, would make things easier to coordinate.
- Ryuujou -
I'm heading there on Sat. Group dinner sounds nice.
show more