forum

[confirmed] Menu softlock when importing beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zetera
Problem Details:
So I imported a .osz-file and clicked on it in the browser to have it opened as soon as it has finished downloading. It was imported when I just switched from the editor's song selection to the main menu (blackscreen during menu switch for a few seconds, this is when and where it was imported). This caused the following: When trying to go to soloplay, I got the result shown in the sceenshot down below. Clicking on the big osu button while having "Play" selected caused all the right buttons to vanish. However, it remained possible to access the editor's song selection screen, the multiplayer and even to exit the game. Also, the "Solo"-Button remains clickable. I am using the stable build and I play on fullscreen.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
RvNovae
I can't replicate this on Cutting Edge.
Trosk-
Seems like in the tourney client when you click Solo. And i can't replicate this too.
Topic Starter
Zetera
It is hard to replicate this issue, since you have to time this properly and with a lot of caution. It is unlikely to be hit a second time, but I thought it might be something to hint on since it happened.

Again, I am using the stable build, not CE.
VeilStar
@Sala- Can you replicate this on the latest cuttingedge build? If not it'll be resolved sooner or later on the stable build anyway.
Topic Starter
Zetera
chong601
a video screenshot will be GREATLY APPRECIATED

still have no idea how to even start it since the info isn't very clear
Trosk-

chong601 wrote:

a video screenshot will be GREATLY APPRECIATED

still have no idea how to even start it since the info isn't very clear
^
chong601
my guess is (after a slight discussion with VeilStar) the bug is replicated through song imports in between the transition between song select to main menu

there's at most 1.6 seconds of transition time and the map probably need to be imported at the point where the image loading supposed to happen in between fades...

will try to do this when i have good reaction time to hit it
Topic Starter
Zetera
Yeah, I guess that is what I mean. I can't really record any video material on this computer, as it has relatively low specs.
VeilStar
Still can't replicate but I'll just confirm this and see what happens.
Topic Starter
Zetera
Here's what might help:

This following statement is basing on an assumption, I don't really know the cause.

The more often I use this transition, the longer my loading times become. Mirror's Edge has similar problems (In Mirror's Edge, it's known as a general problem afaik). So the more often the menus transist, the more likely it becomes to import a beatmap during that phase. I don't know if this loading time problem applies to someone else as well, but if it does, then it might help recreating the issue.
TheVileOne
I'm pretty sure this is fixed.