forum

How do you play HR?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Yuudachi-kun

aisakatayga wrote:

Khel is just mean right now.
How am I supposed to know you meant on the website and not in the actual client?
Mahogany
You make an educated guess as to whether someone is decently knowledgeable about the game or not.
Yuudachi-kun

Mahoganytooth wrote:

You make an educated guess as to whether someone is decently knowledgeable about the game or not.
I didn't know you could search like that until like February.
-Makishima S-

Kheldragar wrote:

aisakatayga wrote:

Khel is just mean right now.
How am I supposed to know you meant on the website and not in the actual client?
You actualy made me feel this moment, when it's hard to answer without malicious comment.
So whatever, let's drop this.

https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Interface
Section score.
It's usefull.
Mahogany

Kheldragar wrote:

Mahoganytooth wrote:

It pops up from time to time in those dumb little hints on the main menu how did you miss that
Yuudachi-kun
I never get any hints.
Mahogany
Go yell at Peppy
gregest
I wish I would be a GMT so I can stop bullshit like this
Mahogany
Why do you even come to G&R if you don't love horrible horrible thread derailment?
gregest
G&R - it's basicaly the same as OT but with less quality and a bit of gameplay
Mahogany
Its hard to compete with some of the posters in OT though so thats understandable
pandaBee

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Why do you even come to G&R if you don't love horrible horrible thread derailment?
I have no answer to this.
Mahogany
Its almost like the perfect question
drum drum
can we get back on topic thanks
Yuudachi-kun
HR is infinitely more hard than DT.
nanoooooooooo
i think u should play ar7 + HR for a while (or edit maps)
then u jump to ar 10
thats what a did when i started with HR
ZenithPhantasm
Suck less to get good at HR
Gumpy

nanoooooooooo wrote:

then u jump to ar 10
9.8 is almost the same as 10 tho.
nanoooooooooo

Gumpyyy wrote:

nanoooooooooo wrote:

then u jump to ar 10
yeah but it doesnt feel as hard as ar10
Yuudachi-kun
So 10 is almost the same as 10.3?

10.3 too impossible
VoLBeaTs
I thought playing HR would be impossible for me(at first) but later on i pushed my self to learn HR and trying to figure out my mistakes until i get used to it.
mostly hard difficulty maps with OD6 i can play, i usually pair it with HD mod. i think HR really needs a lot of practice :)
Yuudachi-kun

VoLBeaTs wrote:

I thought playing HR would be impossible for me(at first) but later on i pushed my self to learn HR and trying to figure out my mistakes until i get used to it.
mostly hard difficulty maps with OD6 i can play, i usually pair it with HD mod. i think HR really needs a lot of practice :)
But OD6 + HR is only od 8.5. Have you tried OD7+HR?
Barusamikosu

Gumpyyy wrote:

People say this about 9.2 compared to 9 but it's still a huge difference when I try to read it. I usually have to react
VoLBeaTs

Kheldragar wrote:

But OD6 + HR is only od 8.5. Have you tried OD7+HR?

i tried it but streams is really killing me :(
Floob
AR 10 is painful
OD 9.8/10 is painful

Learning HR is a grind just like everything else
nrl

Kheldragar wrote:

So 10 is almost the same as 10.3?
AR doesn't scale linearly, so 10 to 10.3 is a much bigger jump than 9.8 to 10 or 9.6 to 9.8. It's the same reason that going from 9 to 10 is tough while going from 10 to 11 is near impossible.
FlyingKebab

Kheldragar wrote:

HR is infinitely more hard than DT.
Up to certain level*

Even though I can't really comment since I can't play hr but players like Azer, WubWoofWolf, Index can play hr a lot easier at top level and more consistently than Dt. this doesn't mean Dt is necessarily harder but it deffinetly is harder to stay consistent.

Just by playing hr a lot but also playing ar9 is the way you won't forget reading and still learn hr
Mahogany
DT at top level is "This song is much shorter now but also nearly impossibru so see if you can keep lucky long enough to FC because its only like 1 minute"

(Naturally there are exceptions how people FCed Eien Friends DT I will never know)

HR is 1) Can you read AR10? 2) You have to aim better than nomod 3) Can you play bullshit OD10? If so, congratz. Has lodsa pp because OD is overweighted.
Yuudachi-kun
You have to basically 1x100 the maps I tried with hr to get 190+; I tried for ages and the best I could do was a 9x100 97% fc. od10 is hard as fuck.
Mahogany
It depends what sort of map you're playing with HR like if there's a lot of fast triples or streams high acc can be very difficult but if its mainly a slower map or full of singletaps it shouldnt be too hard. (relatively)
Yuudachi-kun

Mahoganytooth wrote:

It depends what sort of map you're playing with HR like if there's a lot of fast triples or streams high acc can be very difficult but if its mainly a slower map or full of singletaps it shouldnt be too hard. (relatively)
195 iirc bpm with some triples and a short stream.

雨道was a different mostly singletap map I swear I want to 99%, but could only 97% with lots of tries.
Mahogany
If you have the aim literally just play https://osu.ppy.sh/b/676636?m=0 with HR because IIRC its literally just singletaps and jumps
Yuudachi-kun
I will try.
Mahogany
Actually it is definitely only singletaps and jumps thats how I have an SS on an OD8 map because no bullshit streams :/
Yuudachi-kun
If I could 98% this that'd be some good pp. Also, look at my fucking hit error window. I hate -13 to +7.

E m i
98% is low low pp
Yuudachi-kun
At least I would gain some PP from a 190pp play. Wellp, 108 UR 96.4% -12 to +6. Acc too fucking hard.
nrl

Mahoganytooth wrote:

DT at top level is "This song is much shorter now but also nearly impossibru so see if you can keep lucky long enough to FC because its only like 1 minute"
That's not even remotely correct.
Yuudachi-kun
SUCK IT HR I BEAT YOU

Mahogany

Narrill wrote:

Mahoganytooth wrote:

That's not even remotely correct.
You haven't offered a better description. I don't think anyone could do something like the ending of Seven on DT consistently, or Catastrophe.
show more