forum

The relation between tablet area and stamina?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mahogany
It depends on what you define as a bad habit. I'd definitely discourage this 1x1 millimeter tablet area you're talking about, but area is mostly preference.
As long as you're not using a coin-sized area, or full area fullscreen on a massive tablet, you're probably good to go.

As I've heard and said before, the best tablet area is the largest one where you can comfortably reach all 4 corners of the screen.
nrl

Endaris wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

If you want stamina try jogging to your local swimming pool and doing an hour of laps followed by a few hours of drills. Then walk home and try your best not to eat those chocolate bars in the cabinet.
If you're developing so much stamina it's completely fine to eat the chocolate bars.
Even though I'd eat them inbetween to fill up the reserves a bit. Will also cause the chocolate bars to get burned away immediately.
This is correct. If you're trying to lose weight then feel free to steer clear, but the energy provided by the fats and sugars in those chocolate bars will do nothing but help your physical development under a proper exercise routine.
I Give Up
I don't understand how people get tired holding a near weightless pen.
Yuudachi-kun

KukiMonster wrote:

Play osu with a tablet for four hours straight no breaks and the area between the wrist and arm will start to hurt. I don't feel fatigue, just soreness.
E m i

KukiMonster wrote:

because your hand has weight
Endaris

KukiMonster wrote:

Never wrote an exam for 5 hours straight?
My hand and especially the fingers I hold the pen with tend to hurt after that kind of thing. I don't see how it would be different for osu! except that your movements have to be sharper for that, meaning that you're putting more strain on the hand itself than the fingers(if hovering).
The Gambler

Endaris wrote:

KukiMonster wrote:

My hand and especially the fingers I hold the pen with tend to hurt after that kind of thing. I don't see how it would be different for osu! except that your movements have to be sharper for that, meaning that you're putting more strain on the hand itself than the fingers(if hovering).
I haven't written 5 hour exams, but close to one, then another exam just like it in the next hour. If your pen isn't a free-flowing gel pen and is very dry, good luck doing that. I learned it the hard way (crappy uni pens are crappy). But yes, like I mentioned earlier, tensing your hands drains stamina, especially when you write small like I do. But again, massive movements kill your hands too. It's a matter of optimizing for your reach, then altering it for speed or control purposes.
pandaBee

Narrill wrote:

Endaris wrote:

If you're developing so much stamina it's completely fine to eat the chocolate bars.
Even though I'd eat them inbetween to fill up the reserves a bit. Will also cause the chocolate bars to get burned away immediately.
This is correct. If you're trying to lose weight then feel free to steer clear, but the energy provided by the fats and sugars in those chocolate bars will do nothing but help your physical development under a proper exercise routine.
I disagree. There are many other better sources for carbohydrates, fats and nutrients in general that you can intake other than chocolate, which is for the most part pretty junky. Developing stamina should have at least SOME correlation with a healthy diet, which chocolate shouldn't necessarily be a part of. With your logic you might as well recommend people eat candy, ice cream, bon-bons and syrup mixed with sugar after every workout because 'it replenishes energy.'
[ yogurt ]

pandaBee wrote:

If you want stamina try jogging to your local swimming pool and doing an hour of laps followed by a few hours of drills. Then walk home and try your best not to eat those chocolate bars in the cabinet.
But chocolate bars don't affect stamina.
The Gambler
Eating dinner while playing osu!
I Give Up

Endaris wrote:

Over 10 hours writing assignments. A little pain.
buny
Your tablet area should always be your maximum effective area that your pen can reach.

As someone who's used the smallest and full area multiple times, there IS a difference in stamina where full area will use more stamina for very jumpy maps e.g. rabbit jump style maps (7 star full screen jumps). Other than that, with a bit of practice you probably won't even feel a difference in stamina.

The playstyle of both areas is very different. I feel as if you put more strain in your wrists/arms when using full area (compensating the speed needed), and more strain in your fingers/hand when using small area (compensating the precision needed). But like I said before, with practice these are probably negligible
nrl

pandaBee wrote:

With your logic you might as well recommend people eat candy, ice cream, bon-bons and syrup mixed with sugar after every workout because 'it replenishes energy.'
I'll grant you, I'm assuming both that the chocolate bar is purely an addition to the diet rather than replacing some other component and that any excess energy provided by the chocolate bar will be expended in some way rather than being stored as fat, but if both of those are true there's little reason not to eat it as long as a little moderation is observed.

If the person has a sufficient exercise routine and wants a bon-bon, they should feel free to eat a bon-bon.
ZenithPhantasm
Brb going to go to my local candy store to pick up bon-bons
pandaBee

Narrill wrote:

If the person has a sufficient exercise routine and wants a bon-bon, they should feel free to eat a bon-bon.
That's what they all say. However, it's a long, slippery slope my bon-bon digesting friend.
nrl
Slippery slope arguments aren't logically sound.
Endaris
He just wants all the bon-bons for himself.
nrl
WELL HE CAN'T HAVE THEM THEY'RE MINE
pandaBee

Narrill wrote:

Slippery slope arguments aren't logically sound.
Neither is your mum m8.
nrl
bouta slippery slope into ur mum rite nao m8 smh
Topic Starter
Corefish
>Thread turns into shitpost fiesta
>azerW
drum drum
ok we're done