forum

Attempt to play osu! with TeleOP robot

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sangu
Hello Everyone,
This weekend I had a project, create a robot that is capable of playing osu!. I succeeded... Almost.

The robot uses a mouse set to a very low sensitivity and is controlled using a gamepad.

OsuBotRelative is one of my two robots designed to play this game; it is made from a VEXIQ robotics development platform. Filming this video with it was the most fun I have had in the game since I joined.

Robot Specs:
4 wheel Holonomic drive
max speed of 0.4 meters/sec

Game Specs:
CMStorm Recon 800 dpi (0.125x sensitivity)
1600x900 Fullscreen

I have another that uses a tablet and is fully autonomous, however it is suffering from a minor controls issue, so I cannot release it yet. This one can be automated as well, but I wanted this one to be tele-operated at least for a bit. (So that I can have some fun with it) In the future I will automate this if enough people are interested in it and to be honest, it would perform better if I did.

If you have any questions about this project please feel free to ask.

(I am pretty sure this is the right place to post this, but if it should be in G&R, I apologize)
*edit Realized I should add the description from the video to this post, as many will not see it otherwise
*2nd edit Added a sentence because edits are fun
Kouya-
I thought the title meant the robot was doing all the work, not being controlled by you xD
HaruryuuSan
watfak? noice
Nub1

Kouya- wrote:

I thought the title meant the robot was doing all the work, not being controlled by you xD
same here
drum drum
Moved to Gameplay & Rankings
Shiyzo
naisu :O
pandaBee
The robot isn't playing osu; you are.
trebby
Wouldn't it be so amazing to have the robot read the notes on screen and play osu itself? I wonder if that would be cheating XD
dung eater
*using a remote controlled mouse to play osu!

ncie 3:
Topic Starter
sangu

jaaakb wrote:

*using a remote controlled mouse to play osu!
The goal of the project was to create a tele-operated robot that is capable of "playing" osu! purely for entertainment purposes. The robot was never intended to be any good at this or be capable of playing without human intervention. However, since it seems that everyone wishes for the project to become fully autonomous, I will work towards accomplishing this goal. I will update the topic when this is finished. (it will take a few hours to rework the drive and control loops)

I am a bit concerned that the position drift of the mouse will cause some issues for the control algorithms. This was the concern which drove the original project to be tele-operated, and the absolute tracking version to be the only fully autonomous version.

I apologize if you feel mislead by the project, and I hope to have your attention again in the future.

CuboidBeats wrote:

Wouldn't it be so amazing to have the robot read the notes on screen and play osu itself? I wonder if that would be cheating XD
Currently the robotics platform I am using is unable to do live communication with the computer and is not powerful enough to analyze camera feed. Until either of these issues are solved, a robot using this platform will be unable to "see" the notes on screen and react to them.
buny
has science gone too far...
pandaBee

buny wrote:

has science gone too far...
We have the technology.
I Give Up

plz add robot
Gumpy

Kouya- wrote:

That's what he should do, then we can have bots farming ranks.