forum

MuseStorm

posted
Total Posts
show more
Xanek

JInxyjem wrote:

At first I thought this was gay like Beat Hazard. Then I saw the video that Xanek put up. Holy fuck.

P.S. You probably will need a FAQ area on your website :P
...... Beat hazard looks like a epileptic attack waiting to happen, and looks like Asteriods on crack shrooms
Topic Starter
Hruhf

Xanek wrote:

:idea: Make it play a random song like Osu! does - On the todo now
:idea: / :?: Can you make it import the .osb file also? or whatever file it is that has the storyboarding, or heck can you make it convert a .osz file? lol :| - I don't think I'll be converting those any time soon, it took long enough to decode the .osu file but I'll write it down just in case
Edit :?: Does the sound on the lasers/bullets play a split second after the animation on them is done? because it sounds like it doesnt correspond with the music much - The offsets for them is probably off, I didn't spend much time getting the offsets in teh songs i included right

Edit:
Don't know if this is a problem that ties into your game but is it suppose to have all that unnecessary blank space when recording with Fraps?

- Yes that also happens when taking screenshots, I don't know the cause
Update! Run the updater to update (hopefully it works) .zip on website not updated yet
- Volume Reduced By 50%
- Shift Slows Ship
- Dev messages hidden
- Returns to menu after song completion

EDIT:
A workaround for the video is to crop it. But you probably already knew that.
EDITEDIT:
I'm amazed you recorded that, my computer hardly plays it normally, hence the star and effects toggle buttons.
Xanek
:!: Shift doesn't seem to slow down your ship while your moving.
:idea: When using the Numberpad, make it so only the ship moves when using Num4/6, as when it turns the whole thing it just makes me (maybe others) dizzy and confused

Hruhf wrote:

EDIT:
But even if I do crop it, the size of the video will be odd.., though was the extra space in the recording due to MuseStorm itself or fraps?

Edit:
:idea: Website should have a Update Log which tells the users what has been added/fixed
OR
You can add what I just said into a text box that goes with the updater which notifies the user what new things have been added/removed/updated
Topic Starter
Hruhf

Xanek wrote:

:!: Shift doesn't seem to slow down your ship while your moving.
:idea: When using the Numberpad, make it so only the ship moves when using Num4/6, as when it turns the whole thing it just makes me (maybe others) dizzy and confused

Hruhf wrote:

EDIT:
But even if I do crop it, the size of the video will be odd.., though was the extra space in the recording due to MuseStorm itself or fraps? - I think it's work from both sides, fraps only does it with this game, and this game only does it with fraps afaik.

Edit:
:idea: Website should have a Update Log which tells the users what has been added/fixed
OR
You can add what I just said into a text box that goes with the updater which notifies the user what new things have been added/removed/updated - This shouldn't be too hard
Xanek
I'm not understanding the [ 1 V All ] & [ 1 V 1 ] option that you currently have in it.

also what about the number pad stuff, and the shift doesnt work while moving thing? >.>

Edit:

To any Osu! Community member that is viewing this, someone suggest another program to record this other than Fraps :|

also uh, I don't know how to crop the sides out of the video >.>, I have Sony Vegas Pro 9 /cough pirated /cough
and WMV and idk how to crop w/ any of those 2
Topic Starter
Hruhf

Xanek wrote:

I'm not understanding the [ 1 V All ] & [ 1 V 1 ] option that you currently have in it. - that's been disabled ;/ it glitched way too much, 1 V all is what it is now, 1 V 1 was a boss battle type thing (seen in day 1 - alpha 1 screenshots)

also what about the number pad stuff, and the shift doesnt work while moving thing? >.> - the turning will be left in for song coding but I might make the ship only turn it self, shift does slow you down when you're moving, just not much
Jinxy
Okay, those lasers need much more time to show (think lower overall difficulty in osu), and in much less quantities. I couldn't react fast enough at all before 20 lasers "pierced" my ship in the span of 3 seconds.

2nd problem with lasers: You squeeze though a small gap like between those yellow lines in Red Zone, then poof a laser blasts you.
Topic Starter
Hruhf

JInxyjem wrote:

Okay, those lasers need much more time to show (think lower overall difficulty in osu), and in much less quantities. I couldn't react fast enough at all before 20 lasers "pierced" my ship in the span of 3 seconds. -I've been thinking about this problem for a while but I can't think of an easy method to make them take longer without rewriting the read procedure
New updater available to dl from here. Added the change list.
EDIT:
Zips Updated (finally)
EDITEDIT: Updater lacks scrollbar ;/
Xanek
What "zips"? O_o
Topic Starter
Hruhf

Xanek wrote:

What "zips"? O_o
The full download packages.
Speaking of which, updating them is a pain so I'm splitting songs from the game so I wont have to re upload that huge 20 meg file every minor update.

EDIT:
Updater Fixed
Zips Spliced
Xanek
I'll keep on testing later, right now its freaken 4:02 AM and i need sleep ~.~, been awake for 18 hours and i'm tired at looking at the computer screen 16 hours out of 18 :|
Topic Starter
Hruhf

Xanek wrote:

I'll keep on testing later, right now its freaken 4:02 AM and i need sleep ~.~, been awake for 18 hours and i'm tired at looking at the computer screen 16 hours out of 18 :|
okay, good night. Thanks for testing.

Todo list added to site. I feel I'm forgetting a lot of things.
Doomsday
Woah. That actually looks really good. I also remember peppy saying that he has been interested in making a 2d shooter mode for osu!. Not sure how much he is still interested in that idea now, but he might be interested in this if you tell him about it.
Topic Starter
Hruhf

Doomsday93 wrote:

Woah. That actually looks really good. I also remember peppy saying that he has been interested in making a 2d shooter mode for osu!. Not sure how much he is still interested in that idea now, but he might be interested in this if you tell him about it.
I remember hearing something about that. I'll have to link him.

Update
- Difficulties added
- Easy = 1/3 bullets, only 1 laser per cannon.
- Normal = 1/2 bullets, two lasers per cannon.
- Hard = normal bullets, 3 lasers per cannon.
- Insane = 1.5x bullets, bullets 1.5x speed, 3 lasers per cannon.
- Random song button added
- Bomb with F (proof of concept)
- Mouse Look
- Curve bullets set to q and e rather than numpad
Lilac
It looks interesting.

However, I'm not a fan of Bullet Hell Games. So...

I'll give it a shot though.
Topic Starter
Hruhf
I'm a bit iffy with the new mouse look system, any opinions on it?
Doomsday
Mouse look seems fine. It tends to lag behind the mouse movement a little bit though. Not sure if thats just my system.

If it isn't though, maybe it could snap to mouse movement a little more if its possible?

I like the new bomb though.
Topic Starter
Hruhf

Doomsday93 wrote:

Mouse look seems fine. It tends to lag behind the mouse movement a little bit though. Not sure if thats just my system.

If it isn't though, maybe it could snap to mouse movement a little more if its possible?

I like the new bomb though.
Nah, it was made like that, I'll make it turn faster.
adam2046
It'd be nice if the ship moved at a constant speed. I'm pretty sure it doesn't (I didn't play for too long) and I don't really see why people would want to move so fast with a million bullets in their way.
Xanek
:arrow: :!: New Bomb looks great, though the delay for your ship to start shooting again is a bit too long as things start appearing again before your ship can start shooting
:idea: Noticed now the ship moves with your mouse, though it could use a little more improvement since if you try to spin your ship in a circle it jumps from a spot to another.
:idea: Should enable ship damage as a option currently for testing purposes, of course as a option for us to enable/disable
:arrow: Noticed that some of the sprites stay on screen for some reason
:?: Whats the SDH & LL boxes on the converter?
:idea: Should give about 3 seconds or so after the song finishes for all the bullets to clear off the screen as it went back to the menu when there were still alot of bullets around
:idea: When your making the volume control make it have a general volume (everything), Bullet/laser sound volume, and music volume

The BG on the Alpha 1 menu seems nice, alot better than the blank nothing on the current one <_<
nardii
You move a lot faster diagonally than vertically or horizontally. Need to normalize some vectors maybe?
Gabi
isn't musestorm a program like powerpoint that makes blogs or some shit like that?

EDIT: Their company name was musestorm, the program was called widget :P
Xanek
Topic Starter
Hruhf

Xanek wrote:

:arrow: :!: New Bomb looks great, though the delay for your ship to start shooting again is a bit too long as things start appearing again before your ship can start shooting
:idea: Noticed now the ship moves with your mouse, though it could use a little more improvement since if you try to spin your ship in a circle it jumps from a spot to another.
:idea: Should enable ship damage as a option currently for testing purposes, of course as a option for us to enable/disable
:arrow: Noticed that some of the sprites stay on screen for some reason
:?: Whats the SDH & LL boxes on the converter?
:idea: Should give about 3 seconds or so after the song finishes for all the bullets to clear off the screen as it went back to the menu when there were still alot of bullets around
:idea: When your making the volume control make it have a general volume (everything), Bullet/laser sound volume, and music volume

The BG on the Alpha 1 menu seems nice, alot better than the blank nothing on the current one <_<
Noted

nardi11011 wrote:

You move a lot faster diagonally than vertically or horizontally. Need to normalize some vectors maybe?
The max speed is the same but i think the acceleration is greater in diagonals, this'll most likely be fixed when i make constant speeds

Gabi wrote:

isn't musestorm a program like powerpoint that makes blogs or some shit like that?

EDIT: Their company name was musestorm, the program was called widget :P
Never heard of it ;/

Xanek wrote:

OP'd and Embedded

EDIT:
I've uploaded alpha 1 if anyone wants it.
http://truidia.net/musestorm/MuseStormAlpha1.zip
Watch out! It's loud!
W is God mode

EDITEDIT:
Update Released!
Re-dl Updater to fix a minor problem.
Game changes in OP or viewable from updater
I'll need help to balance the relative mode
Entozer
Cool game.

Not that it is. Hruhf just told me to post those two words (and to bump)

Also, old Musestorm is better than this one.

It needs more sound.
Topic Starter
Hruhf

Entozer wrote:

Cool game.

Not that it is. Hruhf just told me to post those two words (and to bump)

Also, old Musestorm is better than this one.

It needs more sound.
;/
Xanek
:idea: Make the game focus on the middle of the screen so the camera doesn't follow your ship all around the screen to where you can see out of the playing area.
Edit:
:arrow: :idea: Scratch the post that said wait 3 seconds for it to end, make it so it plays through the rest of the mp3, and when there is no more bullets & lasers for the song make a "return to menu" button, as one of the songs just went back to the main menu after there were no more beats, but the mp3 was still going but ended when it returned to menu.
:idea: Make the selected song keep on playing upon returning to the menu, make it either play the preview bit, or continue with the mp3 where you left off
:idea: Make a scrolling bar for multiple songs (haven't made enough songs to check if it does), and make the bar that holds the names of the songs a bit longer
Xanek
R e t u r n
t o
m e n u
a f t e r
y o u
d i e
ok? :D
Topic Starter
Hruhf

Xanek wrote:

:idea: Make the game focus on the middle of the screen so the camera doesn't follow your ship all around the screen to where you can see out of the playing area. I like it this way, It'll become handy later on
Edit:
:arrow: :idea: Scratch the post that said wait 3 seconds for it to end, make it so it plays through the rest of the mp3, and when there is no more bullets & lasers for the song make a "return to menu" button, as one of the songs just went back to the main menu after there were no more beats, but the mp3 was still going but ended when it returned to menu. Maybe
:idea: Make the selected song keep on playing upon returning to the menu, make it either play the preview bit, or continue with the mp3 where you left off Due to the way it returns to menu, I don't think this is possible, I'll try anyway.
:idea: Make a scrolling bar for multiple songs (haven't made enough songs to check if it does), and make the bar that holds the names of the songs a bit longer It pans when you move your mouse, I don't see why the bars should be longer but ok then, it should fill the blank space. I was planning for info to show up in that space but there should be enough space for both

Xanek wrote:

R e t u r n
t o
m e n u
a f t e r
y o u
d i e
ok? :D
I keep forgetting these things
Sorry about the AWOL but I didn't notice there were new posts despite subscribing to this topic, you're better off posting on the Truidia forums if you want my attention.
Xanek
Ah, ok
Topic Starter
Hruhf
qlum
Nice concept but it still needs a lot of work. for example the resolution is fixed a frame rate locked at 30 is less than ideal, even then the performance dropped to 16fps at some point.
I also don't think using the song backgrounds is a good idea since they can easily cloak objects behind them. Maybe a simple grid or starry surface is a better idea.