forum

Brental Floss - What if Legend of Zelda had Lyrics?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, July 24, 2010 at 16:31:27

Artist: Brentalfloss
Title: Zelda With Lyrics
Source: Youtube
Tags: Koji Kondo LoZ
BPM: 90
Filesize: 19041kb
Play Time: 00:47
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (3.67 stars, 34 notes)
  2. Timing (3.09 stars, 140 notes)
Download: Brentalfloss - Zelda With Lyrics
Download: Brentalfloss - Zelda With Lyrics (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Eh. This is being submitted for timing help. It will be my second beatmap in the works. This is the famed Zelda with lyrics theme famed by Youtube artist Brental Floss.

Current Status: Timing is better, but I have run into a hard point. It requires more testing.

7/23/10: Added video/ changed artist and Title name.
7/24/10: Timed around 1:20 of the song thanks to Andi_the_fan, the pianist, and Blue_Dragon
Luvdic
Sorry, im no good for this timing xD

But, from what i can see, timing should be around
BPM: 145
OFFSET: 827

Oh also, use 1/6th snap, at least with the timing i used, i could say that most objects are snapped at 1/6.
There are small variations in offset that could be fixed by adjusting inital bpm and offset a little bit to make it almost perfect or by adding other offsets, i dont know, and they would work for almost half of the map. The other half... err, i didnt even bother to try when i saw how different it was... x:

And last, but not least, im no timing expert, a timing expert may have a totally different opinion than me on this matter (and most probably will), so you may as well ignore my entire post.

And... try to not map songs with such hard timings... i still remember your other map >_>
You should ask awp again, or another timing expert to time this... Cause im definitely not that person for now...
Topic Starter
TheVileOne

ErufenRito wrote:

Sorry, im no good for this timing xD

But, from what i can see, timing should be around
BPM: 145
OFFSET: 827

Works for the beginning. Thanks for that. I think mynext two timings seem to fit fine after that.

Oh also, use 1/6th snap, at least with the timing i used, i could say that most objects are snapped at 1/6.
There are small variations in offset that could be fixed by adjusting inital bpm and offset a little bit to make it almost perfect or by adding other offsets, i dont know, and they would work for almost half of the map. The other half... err, i didnt even bother to try when i saw how different it was... x: Eh I'll hunt them out in time.

And last, but not least, im no timing expert, a timing expert may have a totally different opinion than me on this matter (and most probably will), so you may as well ignore my entire post. It was helpful.

And... try to not map songs with such hard timings... i still remember your other map >_> I have a taste for weird songs.
You should ask awp again, or another timing expert to time this... Cause im definitely not that person for now...
WiiAndii
Way too many timing points wtf! o_o

I have figured out this timing for the main part:
BPM: 156
Offset: 27.010

This is all you actually need, and I wouldn't even map the part before it, just have that as lead-in. In fact, I'd recommend to cut out the intro (the part before the singing starts), since it's not really part of the song. You'd have to use a different offset, then. You also should include a background image (maybe a screenshot from the video) and the video itself.

Then maybe change the title to "Zelda with Lyrics" or something like that, because that's the title of the video on YouTube, and think Brentalfloss is written without a space, but I'm not sure. And maybe add "YouTube" as source.

The mapped part looks good, maybe it needs some improvements, but since it's not finished anyway, I can't say that much about it yet. I think this map has potential.
Zeugziumy
So many break times, but I think bpm is correct...
Zelos
The bpm seems to change constantly to me. But maybe im not hearing correctly. Either way i look forward to guesting when timing is figured by someone.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Hey! Thanks for looking at the map. I've been a little busy trying to get mods in for my other map and have put this on hold. I'll be checking your suggestions very soon as I have done most of what I planned to do.
thepianist
I want to say this timing would help, but I cannot be sure.

Download: Brentalfloss - Zelda With Lyrics (TheVileOne) [Timing].osu
Topic Starter
TheVileOne

Andi_the_Fan wrote:

Way too many timing points wtf! o_o Most of them were me throwing a random timing that seemed to fit a certain amount of notes and then adding a new one where that one ceased to fit. I knew they were wrong.

Offset: 27.010 (It sounds god for a good part of the map. I like it! Thank you so much.)

This is all you actually need, and I wouldn't even map the part before it, just have that as lead-in. In fact, I'd recommend to cut out the intro (the part before the singing starts), since it's not really part of the song. You'd have to use a different offset, then. You also should include a background image (maybe a screenshot from the video) and the video itself. It would be hard to cut the song and the video exactly in the same place. I might just keep it so the video will be complete.

Then maybe change the title to "Zelda with Lyrics" or something like that, because that's the title of the video on YouTube, and think Brentalfloss is written without a space, but I'm not sure. And maybe add "YouTube" as source. Done

The mapped part looks good, maybe it needs some improvements, but since it's not finished anyway, I can't say that much about it yet. I think this map has potential. The start of it is placed where I want them. Later vocal placements are subject to change.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne

TheVileOne wrote:

Andi_the_Fan wrote:

Way too many timing points wtf! o_o Most of them were me throwing a random timing that seemed to fit a certain amount of notes and then adding a new one where that one ceased to fit. I knew they were wrong.

Offset: 27.010 (It sounds god for a good part of the map. I like it! Thank you so much.)

This is all you actually need, and I wouldn't even map the part before it, just have that as lead-in. In fact, I'd recommend to cut out the intro (the part before the singing starts), since it's not really part of the song. You'd have to use a different offset, then. You also should include a background image (maybe a screenshot from the video) and the video itself. It would be hard to cut the song and the video exactly in the same place. I might just keep it so the video will be complete.

Then maybe change the title to "Zelda with Lyrics" or something like that, because that's the title of the video on YouTube, and think Brentalfloss is written without a space, but I'm not sure. And maybe add "YouTube" as source. Done

The mapped part looks good, maybe it needs some improvements, but since it's not finished anyway, I can't say that much about it yet. I think this map has potential. The start of it is placed where I want them. Later vocal placements are subject to change.

thepianist I also thank you for testing the BPMs for me and sending me the test map.
Mismagius
Some parts for you to Add/Fix:

[Fix]BPM: 160
Offset:45.488

[Add] BPM: 155
Offset: 48.488

[Add] BPM: 160
Offset: 56.229

Some parts are REALLY untimeable, because he doesn't sing on ANY beat.