1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
show more
posted
Voli asked me to take a little look at the map and see if I agree with what you didn't fix.

[General]
  1. You were confused about the widescreen support. This is mostly up to mapper, but it's generally good to be consistent. It's the most reasonable to keep it on for your maps, so that if if widescreen support changed in future your map wouldn't be affected. For example, maps with the support disabled could have 4:3 bars or anything of that sort. That's however based on a speculation, so there's generally no reason why you need to fix these things, but keeping it at least consistent is a good idea.

[Insane]
  1. 00:31:139 - I agree that you can use slider for some other situations like this, but this place should probably be clickable as there's a drum on the tail. Additionally, the hitsound you've chosen is adding insensible contrast to this part. I'd recommend using the same hitsound they've used for that part because a snare is not sensible at a place of a kick drum.
  2. 01:28:656 (4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Here, the explanation doesn't make any sense. If the song doesn't indicate that there should be a challenge, it shouldn't be mapped that way. Randomly thinking that you'd add a challenge here is not a good reason for denying Voli's suggestion.

[Hard]
  1. 00:45:001 (6,8,9) - 00:45:001 (6) - 00:45:622 (8,9) - 00:51:415 (5,6) - 01:34:449 (7,8) - 01:05:070 (2,3) - I would say I partially agree with Voli's opinion, but not entirely. But I would say that the concern should apply only to patterns that are hard to predict. 00:45:622 (8,9) - Should be placed differently, because there is technically a jump (but it's just a flipped slider), it might indicate a different length. Easy solution would be just rotating the first one to follow the next slider properly. 00:51:415 (5,6) -, 01:34:449 (7,8) - Are very easy to read incorrectly, so I agree with Voli's concern entirely here. 01:05:070 (2,3) - should be just fine because there's enough time to realise how the pattern goes. Time between those two sliders allows you to hold the first one for longer time and not miss anyway.

[Normal]
  1. 00:00:105 - I agree those parts feel too empty and should actually have some hitsounds. Think of it as a different part from the drum part as it essentially is different, so you don't need to use the whistle hitsounds in the whole map, just these parts. You should put some effort to this and actually make these parts feel less empty.
  2. 00:24:932 (4) - I get that you want to keep most of the map simple, but you're not really doing it. More notes don't mean complicated rhythm. I think following Voli's suggestion is a nice idea here. I will elaborate on this issue later in this post.
  3. 01:05:277 (2) - I agree with Voli's point here, I don't think this is mapped with any regard to the song. It sounds really off as well.
  4. 01:20:794 (4,5,6) - "Gameplay technicality, increasing diff as it progresses" doesn't make much sense here. There's nothing different in the song whatsoever. If the song doesn't increase in intensity, there's no reason to make it harder than the other part. And justifying an issue by saying it's in insane, but not hard is irrelevant.

[Easy]
  1. 00:16:656 (1,2,3) - I would say Voli's suggestion makes much more sense here.


This is related to your response to Voli's mod. I also want to mention some stuff, so he's second part.

Red = Not allowed/potentionaly causing DQ
Bold = Mostly important, partially subjective, address this properly
Regular = Subjective opinion, try it out but don't obey my opinion if yours is essentially different

[General]
  1. The hitsounds in this map are mostly not very well organized and generic. They don't have any sensible structure, you are overusing snares at places where a drum hitfinish should be. Some of the hitsound are barerly audible. I think the hitsounds can be improved a lot and that they're not utilized really well in some parts and many of them actually are random. Especially applies to lower difficulties, I basically have the same problem as Voli. I don't want to give you concrete examples here as the post would get extremely long. If you are interested in improving the hitsounds, I can help you in this regard, just PM me and I'll make my time for you to explain everything thoroughly.

[Insane]
  1. 00:13:967 (3) - These sliders don't work very well musically. Applies to the outro as well. If you listen to the song really well, there's a constant 1/2 string instrument (probably a bass) in the background and a really loud string instrument as well (probably a violin), that is 4 beats long. Then there are drums, but nothing else is pretty much happening in the song. So mapping these sliders in such a way is mostly mapped to nothing, and you are letting it pass through a kick drum at 00:14:173 - although there's no sound that starts at 00:13:967 - and ends at 00:14:587 - . I recommend you to fix all these sliders by adding a circle at 00:13:967 - and a 1/1 slider at 00:14:173 - .
  2. The choice of jumps sometimes look quite random. I cannot figure out the reason why some of these places are missing jumps and I think it should be explained. Examples are 00:19:760 (7,8,1) - 00:49:760 (1) - 01:29:484 (1) - 01:59:277 (1) - . If this is an error, I suggest you to simply add the jumps or explain the reason why you chose to not have a jump here if identical places do have the jump.
  3. There are some object that touch the UI (score bar, HP bar or combo bar). Please avoid it, 4:3 is considered as well. Applies to these objects: 00:35:277 (9) - 00:50:587 (1) - 00:54:725 (5) - 01:05:898 (10) - 01:22:242 (5) - 01:27:829 (1) - 01:30:311 (1) - 01:59:070 (9) - 02:46:242 (5) - 02:50:587 (5) - .

[Hard]
  1. There are some object that touch the UI (score bar, HP bar or combo bar). Please avoid it, 4:3 is considered as well. Applies to these objects: 00:05:070 (1) - 00:28:449 (6) - 01:10:449 (3) - 01:32:380 (8) - 02:00:105 (3) - 02:05:484 (6) - 02:12:105 (6) - 02:12:518 (1) - 02:24:311 (2,3,4) - 02:43:967 (4) - 03:08:794 (1) - .
  2. 00:13:967 (2) - This is the same problem as Insane, should be fixed as I suggested in Insane.
  3. 00:34:863 (5) - I wouldn't say it's a good idea to make this pattern different from 00:28:242 (5,6) - . The stacked circle with slider makes a very good emphasis here, but you just ignored the sound completely in this situation. You should make this same as before.
  4. 01:15:415 (6) - Similar as above, this is basically the same thing as 01:11:691 (6,7,8,9,10) - , but it's again completely ignored.

[Normal]
  1. There are some object that touch the UI (score bar, HP bar or combo bar). Please avoid it, 4:3 is considered as well. Applies to these objects: 00:00:105 (1) - 00:00:725 (2) - 00:15:829 (3) - 00:34:036 (2) - 00:47:691 (4) - 00:53:691 (2) - 00:58:656 (2) - 01:06:311 (1) - 01:52:656 (1) - 02:14:173 (4) - 02:33:001 (2) - 02:33:415 (3) - 02:42:312 (1) - 02:49:553 (2) - 02:50:587 (2) -
  2. 01:04:656 (1) - The slider is really off. The violin is shorter here, so it ends at 01:04:863 - , but it would be generally better to end it on drums which are at 01:05:070 - , so that it doesn't play so unnaturally.
  3. 01:35:277 (6) - This is mapped to nothing at all significant and shouldn't be there at all. You should either remove it or add a slider that starts at 01:34:449 - and ends at 01:35:380 - .
  4. 01:46:036 (1,2,3,4) - This pattern looks really cluttered and I believe this might get a bit confusing for new players. I would recommend to keep your patterns clean in lower difficulties to ensure as good readability as possible.
  5. The biggest issue I see in this difficulty (and it's also probably the biggest issue of the mapset overall), is your combination of triplets with doubles. Normals are not directed at people that are already experienced with reading, so inconsistencies and different combinations make it a lot harder. Using a double somewhere, then a triplet, and alternating between these two makes it more a matter of luck to actually play it correctly. Besides, you are sometimes using double notes where you previously used triplet and vice versa. Additionally, parts 02:38:587 - to 03:02:173 - , 00:13:346 - to 00:26:380 - , 01:36:105 - to 01:49:346 - are mapped in a way that doesn't represent the song very well and creates a vague rhythm that is hard to play accuracy-wise, because you are ignoring important sounds majority of the time. I see that you want to combine drum mapping with violin mapping, but it turns out to not be a very sensible combination. I think this makes the quality of the normal quite lower than what's expected.

[Easy]
  1. 01:22:863 (1) - This object is out of the gameplay area.
  2. 02:57:208 (3) - Same as above.
  3. There are some object that touch the UI (score bar, HP bar or combo bar). Please avoid it, 4:3 is considered as well. Applies to these objects: 00:06:725 (1) - 00:11:691 (2) - 01:11:277 (2) - 01:29:484 (1) - 01:42:725 (1) - 02:01:760 (4) - 02:09:208 (1) - 02:16:656 (2) - 02:22:449 (1) - 02:48:932 (1) - 02:49:346 (2) - 03:13:759 (2) -
  4. 00:53:070 - I understand why the intro had 3/2 sliders. There was no other option. But I don't understand why you've chosen the same rhythm here if drums are introduced. It would help both hitsounding and the gameplay experience. There's so much potential in this part that I think it's a pity you chose the simplest way to map this part. For example at 00:58:036 (2) - you have an amazing opportunity for 1/1 repeat slider and the rest of this part is pretty much full of great rhythms, so I don't think sticking to one repetitive rhythm is any good here. Besides, the part at 01:36:105 - is completely different from this, while being exactly the same in the song. Both of these parts look very empty but have so much going on in the song.
  5. From 01:36:105 - to 01:49:346 - , if you're going to keep the same style for these parts, you should at least get rid off 01:36:105 (1) - and 01:42:725 (1) - as they're introducing quite an insensible rhythm and they end on very insignificant, nearly inaudible sounds, but they both pass through loud sounds at 01:43:553 - and 01:36:932 - .
  6. The whole kiai until 02:38:587 - presents the same problem as the above. At a minimum, the hitsounds should be fixed as they're out of the song's structure.
  7. 03:13:760 (2) - This slider should end at 03:14:587 - . There's essentially no reason why it would end on such an insignificant sound. Could even be a repeat slider if you like it.


In the end, the biggest issue for me is the rhythm choice in Normal and hitsounding overall. There might also be a bit of a problem with the spread, I would personally say this should have a difficulty between Normal and Hard as your Hard is in the upper category of a Hard difficulties (that means, almost insane, not judging by the star rating by the way). You should definitely get more opinions on the spread if you disagree with this. Good luck!
posted

Wafu wrote:

Voli asked me to take a little look at the map and see if I agree with what you didn't fix.

[General]
  1. You were confused about the widescreen support. This is mostly up to mapper, but it's generally good to be consistent. It's the most reasonable to keep it on for your maps, so that if if widescreen support changed in future your map wouldn't be affected. For example, maps with the support disabled could have 4:3 bars or anything of that sort. That's however based on a speculation, so there's generally no reason why you need to fix these things, but keeping it at least consistent is a good idea.

[Insane]
  1. 00:31:139 - I agree that you can use slider for some other situations like this, but this place should probably be clickable as there's a drum on the tail. Additionally, the hitsound you've chosen is adding insensible contrast to this part. I'd recommend using the same hitsound they've used for that part because a snare is not sensible at a place of a kick drum.
    These arguments are still not enough to convince to change it to circle. And also the hitsounds are following my hitsounds structure, too bad only I can see it.
  2. 01:28:656 (4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Here, the explanation doesn't make any sense. If the song doesn't indicate that there should be a challenge, it shouldn't be mapped that way. Randomly thinking that you'd add a challenge here is not a good reason for denying Voli's suggestion.
    I am sorry, I was not aware that there was only one correct approach to follow the music. I still don't agree though

[Hard]
  1. 00:45:001 (6,8,9) - 00:45:001 (6) - 00:45:622 (8,9) - 00:51:415 (5,6) - 01:34:449 (7,8) - 01:05:070 (2,3) - I would say I partially agree with Voli's opinion, but not entirely. But I would say that the concern should apply only to patterns that are hard to predict. 00:45:622 (8,9) - Should be placed differently, because there is technically a jump (but it's just a flipped slider), it might indicate a different length. Easy solution would be just rotating the first one to follow the next slider properly. 00:51:415 (5,6) -, 01:34:449 (7,8) - Are very easy to read incorrectly, so I agree with Voli's concern entirely here. 01:05:070 (2,3) - should be just fine because there's enough time to realise how the pattern goes. Time between those two sliders allows you to hold the first one for longer time and not miss anyway.
    And I still believe that if a player playing this difficulty does not have the skills to read this, then it is time to play more normals.

[Normal]
  1. 00:00:105 - I agree those parts feel too empty and should actually have some hitsounds. Think of it as a different part from the drum part as it essentially is different, so you don't need to use the whistle hitsounds in the whole map, just these parts. You should put some effort to this and actually make these parts feel less empty.
    Not hitsounds, they are meant to be felt empty
  2. 00:24:932 (4) - I get that you want to keep most of the map simple, but you're not really doing it. More notes don't mean complicated rhythm. I think following Voli's suggestion is a nice idea here. I will elaborate on this issue later in this post.
    I will elaborate mor elater
  3. 01:05:277 (2) - I agree with Voli's point here, I don't think this is mapped with any regard to the song. It sounds really off as well.
    I am sorry, I was not aware that there was only one correct approach to follow the music.
  4. 01:20:794 (4,5,6) - "Gameplay technicality, increasing diff as it progresses" doesn't make much sense here. There's nothing different in the song whatsoever. If the song doesn't increase in intensity, there's no reason to make it harder than the other part. And justifying an issue by saying it's in insane, but not hard is irrelevant.
    I am sorry, I was not aware that there was only one correct approach to follow the music. Next time I will make sure to copy paste!

[Easy]
  1. 00:16:656 (1,2,3) - I would say Voli's suggestion makes much more sense here.
    I am sorry, I was not aware that there was only one correct approach to follow the music.


This is related to your response to Voli's mod. I also want to mention some stuff, so he's second part.

Red = Not allowed/potentionaly causing DQ
Bold = Mostly important, partially subjective, address this properly
Regular = Subjective opinion, try it out but don't obey my opinion if yours is essentially different

[General]
  1. The hitsounds in this map are mostly not very well organized and generic. They don't have any sensible structure, you are overusing snares at places where a drum hitfinish should be. Some of the hitsound are barerly audible. I think the hitsounds can be improved a lot and that they're not utilized really well in some parts and many of them actually are random. Especially applies to lower difficulties, I basically have the same problem as Voli. I don't want to give you concrete examples here as the post would get extremely long. If you are interested in improving the hitsounds, I can help you in this regard, just PM me and I'll make my time for you to explain everything thoroughly.
    Please no, I love my hitsounds. If the hitsounds makes this map unworthy of the osu! community, then so be it :(

[Insane]
  1. 00:13:967 (3) - These sliders don't work very well musically. Applies to the outro as well. If you listen to the song really well, there's a constant 1/2 string instrument (probably a bass) in the background and a really loud string instrument as well (probably a violin), that is 4 beats long. Then there are drums, but nothing else is pretty much happening in the song. So mapping these sliders in such a way is mostly mapped to nothing, and you are letting it pass through a kick drum at 00:14:173 - although there's no sound that starts at 00:13:967 - and ends at 00:14:587 - . I recommend you to fix all these sliders by adding a circle at 00:13:967 - and a 1/1 slider at 00:14:173 - .
    I love how you say "fix'. But in all truth I still disagree because using the rhythms that you suggested does not make the song's rhythm accentuate aka give the map a personality
  2. The choice of jumps sometimes look quite random. I cannot figure out the reason why some of these places are missing jumps and I think it should be explained. Examples are 00:19:760 (7,8,1) - 00:49:760 (1) - 01:29:484 (1) - 01:59:277 (1) - . If this is an error, I suggest you to simply add the jumps or explain the reason why you chose to not have a jump here if identical places do have the jump.
    Yes, they are arandom. Randomness is also a structure
  3. There are some object that touch the UI (score bar, HP bar or combo bar). Please avoid it, 4:3 is considered as well. Applies to these objects: 00:35:277 (9) - 00:50:587 (1) - 00:54:725 (5) - 01:05:898 (10) - 01:22:242 (5) - 01:27:829 (1) - 01:30:311 (1) - 01:59:070 (9) - 02:46:242 (5) - 02:50:587 (5) - .


    [/color]

[Hard]
  1. There are some object that touch the UI (score bar, HP bar or combo bar). Please avoid it, 4:3 is considered as well. Applies to these objects: 00:05:070 (1) - 00:28:449 (6) - 01:10:449 (3) - 01:32:380 (8) - 02:00:105 (3) - 02:05:484 (6) - 02:12:105 (6) - 02:12:518 (1) - 02:24:311 (2,3,4) - 02:43:967 (4) - 03:08:794 (1) - .
    In this particular case, I didnt move around any as I deemed them good enough
  2. 00:13:967 (2) - This is the same problem as Insane, should be fixed as I suggested in Insane.
    Same answer as in Insane
  3. 00:34:863 (5) - I wouldn't say it's a good idea to make this pattern different from 00:28:242 (5,6) - . The stacked circle with slider makes a very good emphasis here, but you just ignored the sound completely in this situation. You should make this same as before.
    Because I started to emphasis another rhythm
  4. 01:15:415 (6) - Similar as above, this is basically the same thing as 01:11:691 (6,7,8,9,10) - , but it's again completely ignored.

In this particular case, they are distinctly different, can't see at all what you mean

[Normal]
  1. There are some object that touch the UI (score bar, HP bar or combo bar). Please avoid it, 4:3 is considered as well. Applies to these objects: 00:00:105 (1) - 00:00:725 (2) - 00:15:829 (3) - 00:34:036 (2) - 00:47:691 (4) - 00:53:691 (2) - 00:58:656 (2) - 01:06:311 (1) - 01:52:656 (1) - 02:14:173 (4) - 02:33:001 (2) - 02:33:415 (3) - 02:42:312 (1) - 02:49:553 (2) - 02:50:587 (2) -
    Moved some around, others I left them as I deemed them as acceptable
  2. 01:04:656 (1) - The slider is really off. The violin is shorter here, so it ends at 01:04:863 - , but it would be generally better to end it on drums which are at 01:05:070 - , so that it doesn't play so unnaturally.
    I am sorry, but the violin really ends at where it ends now, I am not sure what youre listening to. The only thing I hear at 01:04:967 - is the drum beat. And also, it feels more natural for me to follow the song's rhythm structure which is what I have been doing, but obviously only I see the structure that I am seeing and thus I might have schizophrenia.
  3. 01:35:277 (6) - This is mapped to nothing at all significant and shouldn't be there at all. You should either remove it or add a slider that starts at 01:34:449 - and ends at 01:35:380 - .
    If this suggestion is for real, then I am starting to have doubts about all your other rhythm's suggestion. The drum roll clearly starts at 01:35:277 - not 01:35:380 -
  4. 01:46:036 (1,2,3,4) - This pattern looks really cluttered and I believe this might get a bit confusing for new players. I would recommend to keep your patterns clean in lower difficulties to ensure as good readability as possible.
    It has good enough readability imo. The path is clear, the combo number is clear, and even follows a simple linear path!
  5. The biggest issue I see in this difficulty (and it's also probably the biggest issue of the mapset overall), is your combination of triplets with doubles. Normals are not directed at people that are already experienced with reading, so inconsistencies and different combinations make it a lot harder. Using a double somewhere, then a triplet, and alternating between these two makes it more a matter of luck to actually play it correctly. Besides, you are sometimes using double notes where you previously used triplet and vice versa. Additionally, parts 02:38:587 - to 03:02:173 - , 00:13:346 - to 00:26:380 - , 01:36:105 - to 01:49:346 - are mapped in a way that doesn't represent the song very well and creates a vague rhythm that is hard to play accuracy-wise, because you are ignoring important sounds majority of the time. I see that you want to combine drum mapping with violin mapping, but it turns out to not be a very sensible combination. I think this makes the quality of the normal quite lower than what's expected.
    On a side note, this made me remember this suggestion by voli: 02:31:553 (5,1) - This really doesn't play well because the strongest sound is on a passive sliderend and a very weak sound afterwards is clickable. Consider this rhythm? https://voli.s-ul.eu/blDPQjau.png
    Now I remember why I had it as slider, precisely to minimize this. But now I am loving it too much and they will stay.

    On topic, I still think the dobles and triples are fine. I have done everything possible to minimize confusions in this diff, and if you have a specific spot and suggestion then I am more than happy to read it.

    And in regards to the second part of that paragraph, all I can say is that I was again not aware that there is only a single correct approach to follow music. It seems like the way that we are allowed to follow music has become so much stricter now, but in all truth, this is the only way I can follow the music, and if that makes the map deemed as unworthy to the osu! community, then so be it, I am just wasting my time here.


[Easy]
  1. 01:22:863 (1) - This object is out of the gameplay area.
  2. 02:57:208 (3) - Same as above.
    Yes, thank you! Fixed!
  3. There are some object that touch the UI (score bar, HP bar or combo bar). Please avoid it, 4:3 is considered as well. Applies to these objects: 00:06:725 (1) - 00:11:691 (2) - 01:11:277 (2) - 01:29:484 (1) - 01:42:725 (1) - 02:01:760 (4) - 02:09:208 (1) - 02:16:656 (2) - 02:22:449 (1) - 02:48:932 (1) - 02:49:346 (2) - 03:13:759 (2) -
    ow, I have actually changed most of these!
  4. 00:53:070 - I understand why the intro had 3/2 sliders. There was no other option. But I don't understand why you've chosen the same rhythm here if drums are introduced. It would help both hitsounding and the gameplay experience. There's so much potential in this part that I think it's a pity you chose the simplest way to map this part. For example at 00:58:036 (2) - you have an amazing opportunity for 1/1 repeat slider and the rest of this part is pretty much full of great rhythms, so I don't think sticking to one repetitive rhythm is any good here. Besides, the part at 01:36:105 - is completely different from this, while being exactly the same in the song. Both of these parts look very empty but have so much going on in the song.
    There are many options, I just chose the one I have right now, and I am also choosing to keep these rhythms the same, as I still want to focus the violin here and mix it with drums when I can, which is doable on harder diffs, but on an easy diff is too hard thus the mixing is absent

    And from my point of view, that amazing missed opportunity doesn't seem that amzing to me as it would destroy the rhythm structure

  5. From 01:36:105 - to 01:49:346 - , if you're going to keep the same style for these parts, you should at least get rid off 01:36:105 (1) - and 01:42:725 (1) - as they're introducing quite an insensible rhythm and they end on very insignificant, nearly inaudible sounds, but they both pass through loud sounds at 01:43:553 - and 01:36:932 - .
    If you really hate this, I have an alternative that I am happy to do, which is to replace the slider whith just one circle at the slider head, do you agree?

  6. The whole kiai until 02:38:587 - presents the same problem as the above. At a minimum, the hitsounds should be fixed as they're out of the song's structure.
    The kiai section, unlike above, I am not willing to fix. And you will have to be more specific about what needs to be fixing here, as I clearly fail to see, I am probably blinded by what I can see as the rhythm's structure though.
  7. 03:13:760 (2) - This slider should end at 03:14:587 - . There's essentially no reason why it would end on such an insignificant sound. Could even be a repeat slider if you like it.
    Sure! slider extended!


In the end, the biggest issue for me is the rhythm choice in Normal and hitsounding overall. There might also be a bit of a problem with the spread, I would personally say this should have a difficulty between Normal and Hard as your Hard is in the upper category of a Hard difficulties (that means, almost insane, not judging by the star rating by the way). You should definitely get more opinions on the spread if you disagree with this. Good luck!

Rhythm and hitsound are stuff that I won't change unless strong evidence that says that it is completely wrong arises.

About the diff spread I am willing to look into if more people agrees.

But who am I kidding? I have obviously become one of those obnoxious mappers that only thinks that I am right although the whole community are against my ideas. These last two mods have clearly shown me that I am unwanted in this community, so I probably won't bother

I did change some stuff from your mod (as per response), and I have updated it. If after all this you guys still think that the mapset is not worthy of being part of the community, then there is not much that I can be done. You already know what stuff I am willing to change (add spread if more people agrees with it) and what not (rhythms and hitsounds). Of course, there are other stuff that I might agree to change too (within reason, I am only closed minded with very peculiar stuff, and seems that the community don't like the few things I am picky about, ah well)

In any case, thank you so much for providing your time to look into this!

posted
Please, don't see mods on your maps as personal attacks. I try to treat every map the same, regardless of who mapped it or what mapping style you used. Saying you're not ''welcome in the community'' because people find some issues with your map isn't correct - I've already said that I really liked the map's structure and I'd like to help push it forward.

The thing is that the way you deal with concerns feels a bit evasive - instead of explaining why you think x idea is better, you just say "I wasnt aware there was only one way to approach x" or "I like my idea better". This doesn't really convince the modder because there's still no reason for them to think otherwise. Of course there are many ways to approach a rhythm, pattern, mapping choice etc. but that's why in modding people explain their ideas and why they think it suits/doesn't suit the map. That's the nature of a peer reviewing system. If you explained your choices a bit better I would be more capable of understanding why you did something and why it provides a good alternative to what I suggested, instead of being something that could be better.
posted

Voli wrote:

Please, don't see mods on your maps as personal attacks. I try to treat every map the same, regardless of who mapped it or what mapping style you used. Saying you're not ''welcome in the community'' because people find some issues with your map isn't correct - I've already said that I really liked the map's structure and I'd like to help push it forward.

The thing is that the way you deal with concerns feels a bit evasive - instead of explaining why you think x idea is better, you just say "I wasnt aware there was only one way to approach x" or "I like my idea better". This doesn't really convince the modder because there's still no reason for them to think otherwise. Of course there are many ways to approach a rhythm, pattern, mapping choice etc. but that's why in modding people explain their ideas and why they think it suits/doesn't suit the map. That's the nature of a peer reviewing system. If you explained your choices a bit better I would be more capable of understanding why you did something and why it provides a good alternative to what I suggested, instead of being something that could be better.
Why would I see the mods as personal attacks? Hopefully you have no reason to attack me ;(

My only complain from the mods is that some of the topics you guys have raised seems be narrow viewed, aka only one interpretation exists, and yours the one that is right. Hopefully mapping does not become something as uncreative and unimaginative that only allows one point of view.

More to the point though.

I think I have explained myself enough. The rhythm choices is because I have structured the song rhythm's in a very specific way, and I believe they are consistent enough throughout the whole map.

The way that I structure the rhythm is that I divide the song into sections, and then into smaller sections and smaller sections, and see which beats are recurring, see which beats are special, which beats is what give that specific section "personality". Of course, all of this is subjective and in this case, according to how I enjoy and interpret the music. I like to think that the rhythm used on my map is the same rhythm I would be using if I were to be playing an instrument for that song, and this does not mean that I will follow the score faithfully, but more like an added instrument to the song.

The problem is the other way around, you guys have not provided me enough reasonings to make me realize that my rhythm choices are wrong, as all of the reasonings seems to be open to how you interpret the music. I guess that the reason why I seem to be attacking is because basically all your comments translates to: you enjoy the music wrong, and that seems to be quite personal. In any case, I apologize if seem to be too aggressive.

Thus this leads to one conclusion I am having, osu! community does not accept people that enjoys music in a different way, I am part of the group that enjoys it differently, thus I am not welcomed. Should I stay and suffer or leave in hope for better? Or I could adapt, but meh, I am so dramatic ;)

Overall, excepting my rhythm choices and hitsounds, I believe I have been quite lenient, please correct me if I am wrong. Well, I am even open to some rhythm suggestion like 01:36:105 - to 01:49:346 - in easy as that rhythm do go along with my rhythm structure

pd: Also, you guys are probably right. I have asked almost all BNs, and I was rejected by all of them because 'I don't agree with some 'concept/rhythm/structure' choices, at least that was until I asked Voli and he kindly accepted, for which I really appreciate it. But this just disincentive me more from mapping, thus I should just stop as it is not appreciated.
posted
cuantas estrellas quieres para poner esto para ranked?
posted

Joe Castle wrote:

cuantas estrellas quieres para poner esto para ranked?
No necesito estrellas, necesito BNs ;(
posted
Pero necesitas inspiracion para seguir impulsando el mapa, no?

Cuántas estreshas quieres U W U
posted
via form

[- - General - -]
  • - There are two unsnapped timing lines in all four difficulties in the mapset, 01:49:330 - and 01:55:537 - . Would resnap them back forward by a few milliseconds. It's not pretty major nevertheless.
    - Not bad!

[- - Normal - -]
  1. 01:31:139 (3,4,1) - The structural flow here looks pretty steep visually, most likely way too sharp because of the slider positions going another way around due to distance spacing. But still, I would actually suggest to tweak the transition here for like changing/flipping vertically 01:31:967 (4) - to make things go smoother. Right now it really is steep.
  2. 02:40:450 (3,4) - Mostly a personal suggestion, but why not try to stack these two notes together to consist visuals with 02:39:415 (1,2) -? Well, I do get that the two 1/2 stacked circles were appearing right after the spinner to make it readable and easier, so you might wanna stack these too, so that in the next few notes everything else are on split and unstacked for the note density and structure.
  3. - Pretty good execution though.

[- - Hard - -]
  1. 00:14:794 (3,6) - Well, this overlap doesn't seem to be very visible in gameplay, but I can tell that it's really noticeable. Since you haven't even tried overlapping the other similar parts like this one, I'd suggest splitting these two notes out to keep visibility of the objects even if it is awkwardly small.
  2. 00:45:622 (8,9) - This type of stream doesn't seem right though. Even the sliderkick stream's distance spacing is quite huge compared to the other sliderkick streams as were you've only spaced them out over 1.3x spacing. So technically, this one kinda doesn't consists the structure around this part because of how the sliderheads' are placed off. So I would recommend splitting these two sliders out, or simply just Ctrl + G slider (8) on 00:45:622 (8) - to avoid such 1/4 jumps.
  3. 00:50:173 (2,3) - 01:57:622 (5,6,1) - 01:59:691 (2,3,4,5) - 02:12:105 (6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - 02:17:898 (2,1,2,1) - 02:34:449 (5,6) - etc. Considering that these jumps were appearing out of nowhere and random, I kinda feel that the visual distance spacing around every section of these are drastically odd, and most likely not consistent throughout the whole difficulty by the looks of it. You might probably need to make some sort of a contrast for these unnecessary jumps in order to layer the soundwaves and reflect the song track's intensity much more clearer. Afterwards, it basically doesn't ignore the fact that difference in the intensity of the downbeats and the spacing of the objects, so instead becomes a monotonous 1/2 rhythm which is most likely repetitive. Maybe just try to reduce the spacing a little bit, because it doesn't really make much difference even if attempting to balance them out by emphasis.
  4. - Starting from here over this section 01:19:553 -, I'm aware of the fact that the mapping conception is literally copied out from the previous section on 00:39:829 -. However I do not feel that it should be quite to this extent, it takes away from potential quality of the map that could have with slight variations for the rhythm and/or visual structure, this difficulty does the concept but has very little variation due to copy-pasting, which shows at least some effort. But actually, I feel like copy pasting song track's similar sections takes away from quality not because it is done wrongly, but it just takes away all the potential patterns and such you can put to make the difficulty more exciting. Therefore, shows that the difficulty is poorly executed in its level. I don't actually find it bad personally, but it would be better to just keep individual rhythm compositions and change some of the structures to keep consistency while making it more interesting.

[- - Insane - -]
  1. 00:11:691 (12) - Might wanna add a new combo here, the long stream on this part seems pretty much long enough already. So yeah, self explanatory.
  2. 01:53:070 (2,3,4,5,6) - Unlike the previous similar part on 01:49:760 (2,3,4,5,6) - , the visual aspect here seems to be pretty unpredictable due to sudden increase of the distance spacing here. The current structure can make these notes' snapping noticeable, but somehow barely because of the circles placements and the gap between each other based off their rhythm composition mainstreaming 1/2 beat snapping. I would at least suggest reducing the distance spacing because the intensity of the music's pitch sounds a bit lower than the previous, that way it'll create a smooth emphasis afterwards.
  3. 02:49:553 (3,4,5) - 02:56:173 (3,4,5) - Just a personal suggestion, I would probably prefer these two parts' jumps the other way around than the current due the soundwave of the upcoming downbeat sounds very potent. Let's say, circle (4) should actually be more further away from slider (5), and the circle should be close to slider (3). While doing so, it could possibly accentuate the pitched downbeat much better than the current jump. Would also be a lot more neater and recognizable if it were similar to 02:52:863 (5,6,1) - for sure.

afaik easy diff looks pretty neat by any chance~ just some technical stuff over the three diffs to be looked over ;p
gr8 song choice and mapset btw, hmu for recheck once ur done with things
posted

Cerulean Veyron wrote:

via form

[- - General - -]
  • - There are two unsnapped timing lines in all four difficulties in the mapset, 01:49:330 - and 01:55:537 - . Would resnap them back forward by a few milliseconds. It's not pretty major nevertheless.
    I tend to dislike fixing this issues as more often than not, I might end up screwing something else... In any case, I tried to fix it and hopefully I didnt break anything else!

    - Not bad!

[- - Normal - -]
  1. 01:31:139 (3,4,1) - The structural flow here looks pretty steep visually, most likely way too sharp because of the slider positions going another way around due to distance spacing. But still, I would actually suggest to tweak the transition here for like changing/flipping vertically 01:31:967 (4) - to make things go smoother. Right now it really is steep.
    Not really sure what exactly you meant, but did something a bit different and hopefully it is of your liking

  2. 02:40:450 (3,4) - Mostly a personal suggestion, but why not try to stack these two notes together to consist visuals with 02:39:415 (1,2) -? Well, I do get that the two 1/2 stacked circles were appearing right after the spinner to make it readable and easier, so you might wanna stack these too, so that in the next few notes everything else are on split and unstacked for the note density and structure.
    Actually, I should not stack the two notes after the spinner, but did it for the sake of making it a bit easier. If consistency is what you are concerned about, I think I am more willing towards unstacking the notes after spinner, will wait for your opinion before actually changing.
  3. - Pretty good execution though.

[- - Hard - -]
  1. 00:14:794 (3,6) - Well, this overlap doesn't seem to be very visible in gameplay, but I can tell that it's really noticeable. Since you haven't even tried overlapping the other similar parts like this one, I'd suggest splitting these two notes out to keep visibility of the objects even if it is awkwardly small.
    Done!
  2. 00:45:622 (8,9) - This type of stream doesn't seem right though. Even the sliderkick stream's distance spacing is quite huge compared to the other sliderkick streams as were you've only spaced them out over 1.3x spacing. So technically, this one kinda doesn't consists the structure around this part because of how the sliderheads' are placed off. So I would recommend splitting these two sliders out, or simply just Ctrl + G slider (8) on 00:45:622 (8) - to avoid such 1/4 jumps.
    In practice, any decent player should know to not move the cursor around while doing these, so the DS is a bit misleading here, and was done on purpose to test players in this aspect. Change a bit nonetheless ;)
  3. 00:50:173 (2,3) - 01:57:622 (5,6,1) - 01:59:691 (2,3,4,5) - 02:12:105 (6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - 02:17:898 (2,1,2,1) - 02:34:449 (5,6) - etc. Considering that these jumps were appearing out of nowhere and random, I kinda feel that the visual distance spacing around every section of these are drastically odd, and most likely not consistent throughout the whole difficulty by the looks of it. You might probably need to make some sort of a contrast for these unnecessary jumps in order to layer the soundwaves and reflect the song track's intensity much more clearer. Afterwards, it basically doesn't ignore the fact that difference in the intensity of the downbeats and the spacing of the objects, so instead becomes a monotonous 1/2 rhythm which is most likely repetitive. Maybe just try to reduce the spacing a little bit, because it doesn't really make much difference even if attempting to balance them out by emphasis.
    It really depends on what spacing we are talking about.
    00:50:173 (2,3) - 01:59:691 (2,3,4,5) - 02:12:105 (6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - I see it more as difficulty scaling, as in to prepare players for the bigger jumps that appears in this section in Insane. Also, more importantly the jump follows the finish HS, and considering that for all parts that sounds like this have the same jumps, it should not be that inconsistent

    01:57:622 (5,6,1) - I do admit that these ones might be a bit random, and changed a bit

    02:17:898 (2,1,2,1)I wanted to accentuate the drums a bit more that starts sounding from 02:18:311 -

    02:34:449 (5,6) -Same as above, but the drums that starts sounding at 02:34:863 -

    Hopefully I have provided enough reasonings for the ones that I didnt change.


  4. - Starting from here over this section 01:19:553 -, I'm aware of the fact that the mapping conception is literally copied out from the previous section on 00:39:829 -. However I do not feel that it should be quite to this extent, it takes away from potential quality of the map that could have with slight variations for the rhythm and/or visual structure, this difficulty does the concept but has very little variation due to copy-pasting, which shows at least some effort. But actually, I feel like copy pasting song track's similar sections takes away from quality not because it is done wrongly, but it just takes away all the potential patterns and such you can put to make the difficulty more exciting. Therefore, shows that the difficulty is poorly executed in its level. I don't actually find it bad personally, but it would be better to just keep individual rhythm compositions and change some of the structures to keep consistency while making it more interesting.
    Fair enough, changed a bit the section. Hope it is of your liking ;)


[- - Insane - -]
  1. 00:11:691 (12) - Might wanna add a new combo here, the long stream on this part seems pretty much long enough already. So yeah, self explanatory.
    Oopsies! Youre 100% right, no explanation needed!
  2. 01:53:070 (2,3,4,5,6) - Unlike the previous similar part on 01:49:760 (2,3,4,5,6) - , the visual aspect here seems to be pretty unpredictable due to sudden increase of the distance spacing here. The current structure can make these notes' snapping noticeable, but somehow barely because of the circles placements and the gap between each other based off their rhythm composition mainstreaming 1/2 beat snapping. I would at least suggest reducing the distance spacing because the intensity of the music's pitch sounds a bit lower than the previous, that way it'll create a smooth emphasis afterwards.
    Reduced spacing in both instances to 1.60x. I think that when I was mapping this in the first time I was aiming more towards centering the circle more between the two sliders, but in all truth, it is not something that people would be able to appreciate while playing anyways.
  3. 02:49:553 (3,4,5) - 02:56:173 (3,4,5) - Just a personal suggestion, I would probably prefer these two parts' jumps the other way around than the current due the soundwave of the upcoming downbeat sounds very potent. Let's say, circle (4) should actually be more further away from slider (5), and the circle should be close to slider (3). While doing so, it could possibly accentuate the pitched downbeat much better than the current jump. Would also be a lot more neater and recognizable if it were similar to 02:52:863 (5,6,1) - for sure.
    Done!

afaik easy diff looks pretty neat by any chance~ just some technical stuff over the three diffs to be looked over ;p
gr8 song choice and mapset btw, hmu for recheck once ur done with things
Thanks for your mod! Was not expecting it at all, I have even forgotten about it and stuff!
posted
recheck~ thnx for the hit llo, no kds, cuz 2kds is enough ;3/

[Normal]

Xanandra wrote:

Cerulean Veyron wrote:

  1. 02:40:450 (3,4) - Mostly a personal suggestion, but why not try to stack these two notes together to consist visuals with 02:39:415 (1,2) -? Well, I do get that the two 1/2 stacked circles were appearing right after the spinner to make it readable and easier, so you might wanna stack these too, so that in the next few notes everything else are on split and unstacked for the note density and structure.
    Actually, I should not stack the two notes after the spinner, but did it for the sake of making it a bit easier. If consistency is what you are concerned about, I think I am more willing towards unstacking the notes after spinner, will wait for your opinion before actually changing.

    Was trying to say about consistency, yeah. Stacking the mentioned two circles in would actually make it easier in perspective. As far as I know, the spinner is already long gone after one measure of the track until 02:40:242 -. So there's a possibility that 02:40:450 (3,4) - can be a little tricky just after the stacked two circles previously. So I'd presume stacking (3) and (4) altogether would ease things out.
01:46:036 (1,2,3) - Well, technically not normal-friendly as a difficulty. But to be honest, you haven't overlapped this many in any other of the sections in the whole difficulty. I might say that you varied quite much here, which is probably good enough. But for the sake of structure visibility, maybe consistency I guess(?), you might wanna do something better like you did in most parts further on.

[Hard]
To be fair, you just made the difficulty a lot harder than the last time I saw this. The rhythm compositions and some of the strains created a huge gap between this difficulty and normal based on note density. So speaking about density, there are a lot of parts that literally spiked up the difficulty. Pretty much it's because of the extensive distance spacing between notes in most downbeats just for adjusting jumps overall. But specifically, the circle spamming on 02:19:139 - kiai time is the culprit of causing such huge gap and continuously spikes up note density until 02:29:070 -. That whole section necessarily needs to be nerfed at some point though, right now it's excessively repetitive when only following the pace of this section. I highly recommend to reconsider adding more 1/4 sliderkick repeats, or few long sliders.

Only a spread issue, everything else is alright for now.

[Insane]
01:37:553 (4,1) - Looks a bit farther than other similar parts visually, somehow you haven't made such a jump bigger than 1.5x. And parts like these are usually 1.3x as default, besides the soundwaves of the song track here doesn't sound much higher in pitch or volume. So the only thing you can do here is to simply balance out the distance spacing.

01:41:898 (6,7) - Almost the same thing as above, but this one's much bigger than the previous. There's no actual intensity that's being set on the song track by the sound of it, not even the ride sound on the background made a change in the music. So this jump seems pretty much redundant for this part somehow.

everything else including other changes seems ok to me atm, will giv this a star icon 4 now
lmk when ur done so we could move this set forward
posted

Cerulean Veyron wrote:

recheck~ thnx for the hit llo, no kds, cuz 2kds is enough ;3/

[Normal]

Xanandra wrote:

  1. 02:40:450 (3,4) - Mostly a personal suggestion, but why not try to stack these two notes together to consist visuals with 02:39:415 (1,2) -? Well, I do get that the two 1/2 stacked circles were appearing right after the spinner to make it readable and easier, so you might wanna stack these too, so that in the next few notes everything else are on split and unstacked for the note density and structure.
    Actually, I should not stack the two notes after the spinner, but did it for the sake of making it a bit easier. If consistency is what you are concerned about, I think I am more willing towards unstacking the notes after spinner, will wait for your opinion before actually changing.

    Was trying to say about consistency, yeah. Stacking the mentioned two circles in would actually make it easier in perspective. As far as I know, the spinner is already long gone after one measure of the track until 02:40:242 -. So there's a possibility that 02:40:450 (3,4) - can be a little tricky just after the stacked two circles previously. So I'd presume stacking (3) and (4) altogether would ease things out.
Fair enough, done!

01:46:036 (1,2,3) - Well, technically not normal-friendly as a difficulty. But to be honest, you haven't overlapped this many in any other of the sections in the whole difficulty. I might say that you varied quite much here, which is probably good enough. But for the sake of structure visibility, maybe consistency I guess(?), you might wanna do something better like you did in most parts further on.
Done! Had to readjust more than I expected

[Hard]
To be fair, you just made the difficulty a lot harder than the last time I saw this. The rhythm compositions and some of the strains created a huge gap between this difficulty and normal based on note density. So speaking about density, there are a lot of parts that literally spiked up the difficulty. Pretty much it's because of the extensive distance spacing between notes in most downbeats just for adjusting jumps overall. But specifically, the circle spamming on 02:19:139 - kiai time is the culprit of causing such huge gap and continuously spikes up note density until 02:29:070 -. That whole section necessarily needs to be nerfed at some point though, right now it's excessively repetitive when only following the pace of this section. I highly recommend to reconsider adding more 1/4 sliderkick repeats, or few long sliders.

Wanted to speak to you through pm to discuss about this more in depth, but oh well ;x

I think it scales well between normal and Insane. Normal is a spam of 1/1 circles with the occasional 1/2. Hard is a spam of 1/2 with the occasional 1/4, and Insane is a spam of 1/4 with the occasional jump. I dont think I am willing to add any kind of sliders at all at kiai

Also yes, I do admit that this kiai is a bit tricky. It used to be harder, having a few more 1/4 around, and prior to the current state the consensus was that it was too hard. I was hoping that the current state was a middle ground for everyone, which I think it is as I have asked for user input, and I could say that some people will think that it should go harder (because they think the gap with insane is too big), while others think that it should be easier (because they think the gap with normal is too big).

In any case, I am open for ideas, just bear in mind that kiai section must stay as a pure circles section for all difficulties (easy is excepted for sake of making it easy)



Only a spread issue, everything else is alright for now.

[Insane]
01:37:553 (4,1) - Looks a bit farther than other similar parts visually, somehow you haven't made such a jump bigger than 1.5x. And parts like these are usually 1.3x as default, besides the soundwaves of the song track here doesn't sound much higher in pitch or volume. So the only thing you can do here is to simply balance out the distance spacing.

01:41:898 (6,7) - Almost the same thing as above, but this one's much bigger than the previous. There's no actual intensity that's being set on the song track by the sound of it, not even the ride sound on the background made a change in the music. So this jump seems pretty much redundant for this part somehow.
All done!

everything else including other changes seems ok to me atm, will giv this a star icon 4 now
lmk when ur done so we could move this set forward
posted

Xanandra wrote:

Cerulean Veyron wrote:

[Hard]
To be fair, you just made the difficulty a lot harder than the last time I saw this. The rhythm compositions and some of the strains created a huge gap between this difficulty and normal based on note density. So speaking about density, there are a lot of parts that literally spiked up the difficulty. Pretty much it's because of the extensive distance spacing between notes in most downbeats just for adjusting jumps overall. But specifically, the circle spamming on 02:19:139 - kiai time is the culprit of causing such huge gap and continuously spikes up note density until 02:29:070 -. That whole section necessarily needs to be nerfed at some point though, right now it's excessively repetitive when only following the pace of this section. I highly recommend to reconsider adding more 1/4 sliderkick repeats, or few long sliders.

Wanted to speak to you through pm to discuss about this more in depth, but oh well ;x

I think it scales well between normal and Insane. Normal is a spam of 1/1 circles with the occasional 1/2. Hard is a spam of 1/2 with the occasional 1/4, and Insane is a spam of 1/4 with the occasional jump. I dont think I am willing to add any kind of sliders at all at kiai

Also yes, I do admit that this kiai is a bit tricky. It used to be harder, having a few more 1/4 around, and prior to the current state the consensus was that it was too hard. I was hoping that the current state was a middle ground for everyone, which I think it is as I have asked for user input, and I could say that some people will think that it should go harder (because they think the gap with insane is too big), while others think that it should be easier (because they think the gap with normal is too big).

In any case, I am open for ideas, just bear in mind that kiai section must stay as a pure circles section for all difficulties (easy is excepted for sake of making it easy)
The strains of the objects aren't the thing I'm concerned with on the spread, It's technically the density of how objects performs its way in execution. You probably somehow have a good reason why you keep them as circles, but the thing is... how does the density works off based on the scale you've used in the kiai? That's probably something to me personally. We could even see the rhythm difference mostly focusing on note density between Normal, Hard, and Insane. And see how huge is the jump while having this "occasional" snappings overtime, let's say... on 02:31:553 (3,4,1) -;

Normal


Hard


Insane


As we can see here, the current rhythm density between hard and insane is very close because of the usages of 1/4 notes. But with normal barely using 1/4 and hard uses a lot of 1/4 snapping and streams very often in many parts of the section, that's where you might need to revise the difficulty overall and reduce the harshness of objects.

[ ]
ok just 1 more thing for har ddiff lo

02:34:036 (4,5,6) - You might wanna balance the distance spacing here, especially on slider (5) and (6) being way too big as a 1/4 sliderkick jump for a hard difficulty. Since you haven't done it on 02:31:553 (3,4,1) -, maybe it would be best to reduce the spacing and keep things a bit lower.

lmk wen u hav sth in return
posted

Cerulean Veyron wrote:

The strains of the objects aren't the thing I'm concerned with on the spread, It's technically the density of how objects performs its way in execution. You probably somehow have a good reason why you keep them as circles, but the thing is... how does the density works off based on the scale you've used in the kiai? That's probably something to me personally. We could even see the rhythm difference mostly focusing on note density between Normal, Hard, and Insane. And see how huge is the jump while having this "occasional" snappings overtime, let's say... on 02:31:553 (3,4,1) -;

Normal


Hard


Insane


As we can see here, the current rhythm density between hard and insane is very close because of the usages of 1/4 notes. But with normal barely using 1/4 and hard uses a lot of 1/4 snapping and streams very often in many parts of the section, that's where you might need to revise the difficulty overall and reduce the harshness of objects.

Although is true that rhythm density between hard and insane is similar, it is also true that insane has a lot more jumps (basically everywhere,
and big ones too), and in hard uses at most triples for 1/4, anything else uses slider kicks, so physical strain while playing should not be too much


[ ]
ok just 1 more thing for har ddiff lo

02:34:036 (4,5,6) - You might wanna balance the distance spacing here, especially on slider (5) and (6) being way too big as a 1/4 sliderkick jump for a hard difficulty. Since you haven't done it on 02:31:553 (3,4,1) -, maybe it would be best to reduce the spacing and keep things a bit lower.
Done!


lmk wen u hav sth in return
posted
okya we also discussed stuff about it ingame so ya, everything else is resolved too so heres ur bubble
posted
u asked me to check this like a year ago and i never got around to it so here i am

[insane]
01:04:656 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - this is an unnecessarily uncomfortable jump imo. the wide angle movement + massive (in context) spacing increase makes it pretty irritating to play. how about ctrl g to make it a bit less spaced? this still maintains your trapezoid pattern and i think the extra clicking is sufficient emphasis even though the jump is being removed.

01:19:139 (11,12,13) - this is a bit weird looking since the 1/8 repeat is bigger than 1/4 spacing lol
how about lowering sv for the slider to avoid that odd visual? alternatively, pointing the 11 slider off to the left a bit would make it separate too.

01:30:932 (4,1,2,3,4) - i don't think this pattern makes much sense in the context of the music. since there isn't a melody on these notes, having it as the most spaced pattern seems out of place. i think a scaled down version would make more sense.

02:00:105 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - same

02:24:932 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - this looks a bit weird since visually one would expect the stream to follow the pattern and begin much lower. hw about lowering it to match that expectation?

00:00:105 - and the ending repeat of this - i think having 0 hitsounds for the entire part is weird. i personally would suggest some additive hitsounding using soft-whistles just to make it a bit more engaging. something like placing them like this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9530963 to create a steady beat.

[hard]
00:07:863 (4) - i can't agree with these at all. i get that you are trying to create a nice double based additive rhythm but i don't think it's a good idea to do something like that a) with no hitsounding support or b) in a section where the song very clearly has a break. if you do really want to do this, i suggest adding a drum finish to all of them in order to "legitimize" the rhythm (idk how to explain) but basically supporting it with a hitsound makes it seem more natural cuz atm it sticks out a lot as an overmap.

you'll notice that 00:09:518 (4) - actually has a sound like a drum finish in the song, which the other places don't. yet you map like they do. therefore adding those finish sounds on here will make it fit much better.

00:11:691 (1,2,3,4) - this seems way too simplified considering you just added a bunch of 1/4 doubles in. how about 00:12:415 - circle here 00:12:725 - here and 00:13:242 - here to make a better spread? atm you have 1/1 gaps on the hard diff despite a 16 note stream on the insane, and that is basically the same rhythm as the normal in terms of object density.

00:56:277 - circle here? you map the same triples a bit later too.
-applies for all of these

[normal]
01:33:622 (3,4) - think you should make some of these into 1/2 sliders. it is the climax of this melody, yet it is relatively low density.

02:32:380 (1,2,3) - this seems like a really awkward rhythm to grasp for a newer player. i think making this 2 circles instead works a lot better since then they can rely on distance snap rather than having a fairly strong beat on a slider end then a 1/1 gap even though the other gaps off of slider ends are 1/2.

03:13:759 (1,2) - i dont think this rhythm works well here. the 1/4 spam drowns out the 3/4 (the 3/4 actually stops, yea), 1/1 like https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9531008 works way better.
- not the spacing, the rhythm

[easy]
01:25:760 - i think you should fill this in, there is a giant drum roll going on that gets skipped =(

02:15:829 (1,2) - considering this is as dense as your rhythm ever gets, putting it on a really quiet part seems out of place.

02:19:139 - imo you should put at least repeat sliders on the kiai. it isn't denser than any other part even though in all the other diff there is a very very marked difference in density to the rest of the map. for example, here's a random part in a fairly intense but average section: 01:14:173 - significantly more dense than the kiai.
00:15:001 - about the same density
02:49:346 - more dense

etc. it doesn't fit your spread idea well even though the rest is very well executed.

forum pm me when you respond i guess, i'm ok with giving it a shot
posted

Naotoshi wrote:

u asked me to check this like a year ago and i never got around to it so here i am
In all truth, I forgot too lol

[insane]
01:04:656 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - this is an unnecessarily uncomfortable jump imo. the wide angle movement + massive (in context) spacing increase makes it pretty irritating to play. how about ctrl g to make it a bit less spaced? this still maintains your trapezoid pattern and i think the extra clicking is sufficient emphasis even though the jump is being removed.
Changed a bit, hopefully more to your liking now ;)

01:19:139 (11,12,13) - this is a bit weird looking since the 1/8 repeat is bigger than 1/4 spacing lol
how about lowering sv for the slider to avoid that odd visual? alternatively, pointing the 11 slider off to the left a bit would make it separate too.
Lol fair enough. Suddenly lowering SV was a bit weird for me, so changed direction instead

01:30:932 (4,1,2,3,4) - i don't think this pattern makes much sense in the context of the music. since there isn't a melody on these notes, having it as the most spaced pattern seems out of place. i think a scaled down version would make more sense.

02:00:105 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - same
Okay, this have been pointed out a few times, changed a bit. Hopefully more to your liking

02:24:932 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - this looks a bit weird since visually one would expect the stream to follow the pattern and begin much lower. hw about lowering it to match that expectation?
Im not 100% sure what you meant here, I am assuming to lower DS of slider jumps, which I did now

00:00:105 - and the ending repeat of this - i think having 0 hitsounds for the entire part is weird. i personally would suggest some additive hitsounding using soft-whistles just to make it a bit more engaging. something like placing them like this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9530963 to create a steady beat.
Using any sort of HS seems a bit too much for me for these sections, Id rather not use them at all tbh, else they create a cascading domino effect that requires way too much effort to fix and too much words to explain (if I am ever able to)

[hard]
00:07:863 (4) - i can't agree with these at all. i get that you are trying to create a nice double based additive rhythm but i don't think it's a good idea to do something like that a) with no hitsounding support or b) in a section where the song very clearly has a break. if you do really want to do this, i suggest adding a drum finish to all of them in order to "legitimize" the rhythm (idk how to explain) but basically supporting it with a hitsound makes it seem more natural cuz atm it sticks out a lot as an overmap.
Added!

you'll notice that 00:09:518 (4) - actually has a sound like a drum finish in the song, which the other places don't. yet you map like they do. therefore adding those finish sounds on here will make it fit much better.

00:11:691 (1,2,3,4) - this seems way too simplified considering you just added a bunch of 1/4 doubles in. how about 00:12:415 - circle here 00:12:725 - here and 00:13:242 - here to make a better spread? atm you have 1/1 gaps on the hard diff despite a 16 note stream on the insane, and that is basically the same rhythm as the normal in terms of object density.
Changed a bit, hopefully it is more to your liking

00:56:277 - circle here? you map the same triples a bit later too.
-applies for all of these
Added!

[normal]
01:33:622 (3,4) - think you should make some of these into 1/2 sliders. it is the climax of this melody, yet it is relatively low density.
Added! But not exactly at where you suggested

02:32:380 (1,2,3) - this seems like a really awkward rhythm to grasp for a newer player. i think making this 2 circles instead works a lot better since then they can rely on distance snap rather than having a fairly strong beat on a slider end then a 1/1 gap even though the other gaps off of slider ends are 1/2.
I think the main reason I did it this ways was to differentiate a bit more the rhythm. Anyways, I changed it back to how they originally are hoping that it is more to your liking

03:13:759 (1,2) - i dont think this rhythm works well here. the 1/4 spam drowns out the 3/4 (the 3/4 actually stops, yea), 1/1 like https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9531008 works way better.
- not the spacing, the rhythm
Changed!

[easy]
01:25:760 - i think you should fill this in, there is a giant drum roll going on that gets skipped =(
I know ;(

This is a tricky one, Ideally, for the easiest diff, it should be a slider starting at 01:25:346 - and ending at 01:26:173 - , but then it messes up all the other rhythms, thus I decided that the other rhythms are more worth it than the drum roll. I do now believe that adding an object at 01:25:760 - would fix either,
so I rather sticked it to simple and easy


02:15:829 (1,2) - considering this is as dense as your rhythm ever gets, putting it on a really quiet part seems out of place.
Changed!

02:19:139 - imo you should put at least repeat sliders on the kiai. it isn't denser than any other part even though in all the other diff there is a very very marked difference in density to the rest of the map. for example, here's a random part in a fairly intense but average section: 01:14:173 - significantly more dense than the kiai.
00:15:001 - about the same density
02:49:346 - more dense

OKay, made it how I originally envisioned it, but then simplified to keep things easier, let me know if the rhythms are too complicated for the easiedt diff

etc. it doesn't fit your spread idea well even though the rest is very well executed.

forum pm me when you respond i guess, i'm ok with giving it a shot
Thanks so much for the mod! was not expecting at all either!
posted
changed some minor stuff on irc
posted
Omg thank you!
Please sign in to reply.