1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
show more
posted
Hahaha es que he tenido varias experiencias con taiko guest diffs en que el mapper no se ocupo de nada en buscarle mods ni el icono, y yo mismo tuve que parir por ellos, y no quiero repetir eso ;(
posted
Xana, creo que te vendria mejor poner en el source "東方Project" ya que ese es el titulo completamente original al natural (?) del juego
posted
General
  1. The audio bitrate is higher than the recommended size. Your current MP3 has a bitrate of 320kbps while it is suggested to use a 192kbps or lower MP3.


Easy
  1. 01:21:223 (2,1) - The flow of these two sliders is broken, compared to the previous objects which all have a linear flow. Since it is an easier difficulty, I am not suggesting to use such techniques yet, because it can confuse the player's cursor movement. I'd recommend you to do a CTRL+G with the slider (1) and move it to x:432 y:376 to keep your initial spacing consistent. You'll need to adjust the next objects as well.


Normal
  1. 00:33:223 (1) - Is there missing a Drum-Finish hitsound here? Seems like it is the case if I listen to the song correctly.
  2. 01:09:637 (1,2,3) - This is more like a personal taste. Seeing the circles (1,2) in a straight line does not make much sense as most of your objects are linear and even sliders have curves. It would be nice if you could do a little curvy effect so it doesn't look completely straight. // I provided you two examples, the first one has keeping your main idea, but moving both circles a little bit or the second one has being a new idea that will follow the flow with the next slider (5).
  3. 01:51:016 (4,1) - I had an issue with this on one of my maps because stacking a circle at the end of a slider might not be the best idea as it covers the circle. I'm just leaving this to you~
  4. 02:19:154 (1,2) - You should reconsider the emplacement of these two stacked notes, because they are not consistent with what you've done previously.
    For an example, there are these two objects 02:12:326 (1,2) - which have a intonation or these 02:15:016 (5,1) - with a softer intonation. I am suggesting you to move these two circles closer to the previous slider. In this case, if you change it, the player will be already used to this kind of spacing with this snapping.


Hard
  1. 01:31:982 (1) - If you want to keep your combos consistent with your previous ones, you should delete the new combo on this slider and add one to 01:32:809 (3) - . After that, you'll need to delete the new combo again to 01:34:464 (1) - .
  2. Main issue is the new combo consistency. The mapper is already aware:
    21:35 Gabe: hm question
    21:35 *Gabe is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1265016 TAMUSIC - Kyuu Jigoku Kaidou wo Yuku [Hard]]
    21:35 Gabe: the new combos here are always switching from one measure to two measures
    21:35 Gabe: was it intended
    21:38 Xanandra: i fail at new combos
    21:38 Xanandra: ;(
    21:38 Xanandra: you found my weakness!
    21:38 Xanandra: ahh!!
    21:38 Xanandra: thats why i am a terrible mapper ;(
    21:38 Gabe: sure
    21:38 Gabe: lol


Insane
  1. 00:12:533 (9) - I'd suggest you to add a new combo here. Since it's in the middle of the stream and you're kinda breaking it by making a larger spacing, it shouldn't be terrible.
  2. 01:41:706 (7) - If I understand your way of doing new combos, there should be one here as well.
  3. 01:48:120 (5) - Add a new combo here as well.
  4. 02:15:016 (5) - This note and the next ones are not part of the jump you used on the four last combos. Add a new combo here to indicate the intensity change.

Nice stream part!
posted

Gabe wrote:

General
  1. The audio bitrate is higher than the recommended size. Your current MP3 has a bitrate of 320kbps while it is suggested to use a 192kbps or lower MP3.


Easy
  1. 01:21:223 (2,1) - The flow of these two sliders is broken, compared to the previous objects which all have a linear flow. Since it is an easier difficulty, I am not suggesting to use such techniques yet, because it can confuse the player's cursor movement. I'd recommend you to do a CTRL+G with the slider (1) and move it to x:432 y:376 to keep your initial spacing consistent. You'll need to adjust the next objects as well.


Normal
  1. 00:33:223 (1) - Is there missing a Drum-Finish hitsound here? Seems like it is the case if I listen to the song correctly.
  2. 01:09:637 (1,2,3) - This is more like a personal taste. Seeing the circles (1,2) in a straight line does not make much sense as most of your objects are linear and even sliders have curves. It would be nice if you could do a little curvy effect so it doesn't look completely straight. // I provided you two examples, the first one has keeping your main idea, but moving both circles a little bit or the second one has being a new idea that will follow the flow with the next slider (5).
  3. 01:51:016 (4,1) - I had an issue with this on one of my maps because stacking a circle at the end of a slider might not be the best idea as it covers the circle. I'm just leaving this to you~
  4. 02:19:154 (1,2) - You should reconsider the emplacement of these two stacked notes, because they are not consistent with what you've done previously.
    For an example, there are these two objects 02:12:326 (1,2) - which have a intonation or these 02:15:016 (5,1) - with a softer intonation. I am suggesting you to move these two circles closer to the previous slider. In this case, if you change it, the player will be already used to this kind of spacing with this snapping.


Hard
  1. 01:31:982 (1) - If you want to keep your combos consistent with your previous ones, you should delete the new combo on this slider and add one to 01:32:809 (3) - . After that, you'll need to delete the new combo again to 01:34:464 (1) - .
  2. Main issue is the new combo consistency. The mapper is already aware:
    21:35 Gabe: hm question
    21:35 *Gabe is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1265016 TAMUSIC - Kyuu Jigoku Kaidou wo Yuku [Hard]]
    21:35 Gabe: the new combos here are always switching from one measure to two measures
    21:35 Gabe: was it intended
    21:38 Xanandra: i fail at new combos
    21:38 Xanandra: ;(
    21:38 Xanandra: you found my weakness!
    21:38 Xanandra: ahh!!
    21:38 Xanandra: thats why i am a terrible mapper ;(
    21:38 Gabe: sure
    21:38 Gabe: lol


Insane
  1. 00:12:533 (9) - I'd suggest you to add a new combo here. Since it's in the middle of the stream and you're kinda breaking it by making a larger spacing, it shouldn't be terrible.
  2. 01:41:706 (7) - If I understand your way of doing new combos, there should be one here as well.
  3. 01:48:120 (5) - Add a new combo here as well.
  4. 02:15:016 (5) - This note and the next ones are not part of the jump you used on the four last combos. Add a new combo here to indicate the intensity change.

Nice stream part!
All done, except the stacked thing in normal. I wanted to make that part as the marker where the stacked notes begins.

Thanks so much! ;)
posted
replying m4m

skipping easy diff as well

  1. 00:26:607 (1) - This change of flow doesn't look intuitive I guess
  2. 00:29:918 (1,2) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8646287
  3. 00:39:849 (1) - Change the hitsound pattern here. Using only whistle when the guitar is present inside the music doesn't sound good for me
  4. 01:53:504 (3,4) - Try make these parallel? http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8646311
  5. 02:18:331 (2,1,2) - I think the transition here is a bit brutal. a 1/2 slider and forcing a 1/2 circle throughout the kiai is a bit too much even for that bpm. Maybe consider making sliders?
  1. 00:25:366 (1,2) - Not gonna lie, this kind of got me since it extended longer than it should be
  2. 00:25:987 (2,1) - Space them a bit more?
  3. 00:52:883 (7,1) - Making this a triplet would help the players introduce the rhythm they will face against in the kiai


Didn't notice anything worth mentioning in Insane.

solid mapset objectively but this style is not my preference. Good luck o/
posted

Winter Story wrote:

replying m4m

skipping easy diff as well

  1. 00:26:607 (1) - This change of flow doesn't look intuitive I guess
  2. 00:29:918 (1,2) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8646287
  3. 00:39:849 (1) - Change the hitsound pattern here. Using only whistle when the guitar is present inside the music doesn't sound good for me
  4. 01:53:504 (3,4) - Try make these parallel? http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8646311
    They seem fine the way they are for me.
  5. 02:18:331 (2,1,2) - I think the transition here is a bit brutal. a 1/2 slider and forcing a 1/2 circle throughout the kiai is a bit too much even for that bpm. Maybe consider making sliders?
    Reduced spacing. Id rather not make them sliders as these notes marks the beginning of the triplets.

  1. 00:25:366 (1,2) - Not gonna lie, this kind of got me since it extended longer than it should be
  2. 00:25:987 (2,1) - Space them a bit more?
    Dont see whats the problem. It is extended as long as it should be as per drums and I am using standard spacing
  3. 00:52:883 (7,1) - Making this a triplet would help the players introduce the rhythm they will face against in the kiai
    Cant see the relationship between this part and kiai


Didn't notice anything worth mentioning in Insane.

solid mapset objectively but this style is not my preference. Good luck o/
posted
M4M with this map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/638443

00:06:745 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - for these triples you rotate them, but 00:07:573 (7,8,9) - is exactly the same as the triple before, maybe rotate this a bit for consistency

00:08:400 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - same with these

00:12:538 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - maybe space this out a bit more to show the emphasis you've done with the hitsounds

00:37:159 (2,3,4,5,6) - feels a tiny bitawkward to play, either keep distance between notes the same or make the angle between the notes sharper

00:41:504 (1,2,3) - hard to read because 2 and 3 go the opposite direction than the slider, try making them flow in the same direction

01:04:676 (4) - maybe rotate this like this for better flow


01:48:331 (3,4,5) - space these out a bit more so they play better like you did here 02:18:331 (1,2,3,4) -

02:20:711 (16,1) - if your going to use stream jumps, try make them flow into each other like this 02:24:849 (8,1) -

I don't agree with this ending here, because it isn't the end of the song at all, like at 03:02:193 this is the same part as the intro, but yet you don't map it
00:25:987 (2) - this should start on the previous white tick i think

01:05:918 (3) - this in a hard diff is a bit too much imo

01:11:711 (6,7,8,9,10) - curve this pattern? idk it just looks weird

02:24:331 (2,3,4) - the triples in the chorus don't really seem to fit that well because you start half of them on a white tick and the other half on a red tick without any clear indicator in the music that justifies these changes

again i don't agree with where you ended the song
00:00:745 (2) - 00:02:400 (2) - 00:04:056 (2) - 00:05:711 (2) - extending these out to the next white tick sounds so much better

00:51:435 (3) - maybe move this to the top of the previous slider end for clear circular flow

02:20:607 (1,2,3) - i love what youv'e done with the triples here, doing the triples in the hard like this would help a lot
00:38:193 (2) - small nitpick but the turns on this slider seem a bit too sharp

can't find anything wrong with this, nice map


really cool map, i like the set a lot, hope this gets ranked soon! :):):)
posted

DeviousPanda wrote:

M4M with this map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/638443

00:06:745 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - for these triples you rotate them, but 00:07:573 (7,8,9) - is exactly the same as the triple before, maybe rotate this a bit for consistency
They are a bit rotated, just very slightly. Added a bit more rotation to make them more apparent

00:08:400 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - same with these
Not really needed imo


00:12:538 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - maybe space this out a bit more to show the emphasis you've done with the hitsounds
Omg you noticed. And yes, I did move it a bit further

00:37:159 (2,3,4,5,6) - feels a tiny bitawkward to play, either keep distance between notes the same or make the angle between the notes sharper
Kept same distance

00:41:504 (1,2,3) - hard to read because 2 and 3 go the opposite direction than the slider, try making them flow in the same direction
Shouldnt be a problem as they are all over the map too


01:04:676 (4) - maybe rotate this like this for better flow
Rotated



01:48:331 (3,4,5) - space these out a bit more so they play better like you did here 02:18:331 (1,2,3,4) -
Spaced more

02:20:711 (16,1) - if your going to use stream jumps, try make them flow into each other like this 02:24:849 (8,1) -
Noooo thats part of their charm. Will wait for more opinions

I don't agree with this ending here, because it isn't the end of the song at all, like at 03:02:193 this is the same part as the intro, but yet you don't map it
Its more like the whole map was building up for the kiai, and the kiai is the final boss, no point on making it any longer. Would it help if I cut the mp3 file?
00:25:987 (2) - this should start on the previous white tick i think
I find it better the way it is now

01:05:918 (3) - this in a hard diff is a bit too much imo
Its just a slider, should be fine

01:11:711 (6,7,8,9,10) - curve this pattern? idk it just looks weird
I love this pattern ;(

02:24:331 (2,3,4) - the triples in the chorus don't really seem to fit that well because you start half of them on a white tick and the other half on a red tick without any clear indicator in the music that justifies these changes
They follow the drums, just listen to it more closely. I know, it is a bit erratic, but meh

again i don't agree with where you ended the song
00:00:745 (2) - 00:02:400 (2) - 00:04:056 (2) - 00:05:711 (2) - extending these out to the next white tick sounds so much better
I find it better the way they are now

00:51:435 (3) - maybe move this to the top of the previous slider end for clear circular flow
I prefer it the way it is now

02:20:607 (1,2,3) - i love what youv'e done with the triples here, doing the triples in the hard like this would help a lot
Thanks! Sadly the same concept cannot be applied directly on hard, I think I tried something similar as this first, but then something did not felt right
00:38:193 (2) - small nitpick but the turns on this slider seem a bit too sharp
Softened

can't find anything wrong with this, nice map


really cool map, i like the set a lot, hope this gets ranked soon! :):):)
Thanks so much for the mod! ;D
posted
o/
  • insane
  1. 00:06:105 (1) - remove nc?
  2. 00:07:967 (10,11) - tbh don't feel like this should be stacked because the strong beat on 00:08:173 (11) - plays quite different than this 00:09:622 (10,11) - (ok. rythm changes and there's that triplet but I think you can manage to make it work
  3. 00:10:863 (7,8,9) - ctrl+g maybe? makes more sense with previous flow from 00:10:036 (1,2,3) -
  4. 00:07:967 (10,11) - 00:11:277 (10,11) - both plays the same but drum beats are different hm
  5. 00:12:105 (5,6,7,8) - maybe rotate this like http://prntscr.com/g3pryx because these notes doesn't have that piano sound of 00:11:691 (1,2,3,4) -
  6. 00:12:518 (1,2,3,4,5) - something similar i'd say since beats are different so.. they shouldn't play exactly the same as a linear stream (feel like 00:12:518 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - should have more spacing but.. thats your decision)
  7. 00:14:794 (4,5) - I think that you should increase spacing on 00:14:794 (4,5) - so it makes more sense when 00:18:105 (6,1) - came in, since.. they're
  8. like the same thing, but the spacing it's quite similar, I understand the reason behind it but it's quite different
  9. 00:22:449 (7) - the pitch of the sound on 00:22:449 (7) - it's ehh lower, than 00:21:622 (5) - but 00:22:242 (6,7) - has more spacing than 00:21:622 (5,6) - so it kinda.. doesn't make much sense to me even if it's slow map and all.. easy fix would be swap sliders
  10. 00:24:725 (1,2,3) - spacing here should be more than the rest of the map previously, the song is building up its intensity to this point 00:24:725 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - but the spacing hasnt really changed, it's the same as before but you can clearly hear that the song it's quite more intense here
  11. 00:26:587 - imo the sliders from here should be slower
  12. 00:51:415 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - I think that this stream should have less spacing than the next one
  13. 01:05:898 (9) - there's a missing beat on 01:06:053 - make the reverse longer
  14. 01:06:725 (2) - should do ctrl+g, because it's strong sound, and also, the spacing would make more sense with 01:07:139 (3,4,5) - because rn the spacing it's really.. short
    01:10:036 (2) - ^
  15. 01:11:691 (1,2,3,4,5) - imo this is out of place, the spacing here it's huge compared to the rest of the map, for example.. 00:24:725 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - 01:11:691 (1,2,3,4,5) - quite different spacing even if the song it's more intense in the first section mentioned, context may be different, but still the difference it's too huge just to let it pass
  16. 01:15:622 (2,3) - feel like these should be stacked because it's kick sound, they should play different than 01:15:415 (1,4) -
    01:17:070 (1,2,3,4) - ^
  17. 01:16:656 (2) - ctrl+g?
  18. 02:05:070 (4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - isnt the spacing here too much? feels like the same as 01:59:277 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -
  19. 02:17:484 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - yeah this is not 1/4 I know you know it, but I feel like using some sliders here would be better, also works better for a buildup to the next section which is full of streams
  20. 02:31:449 (24,1) - awkward flow
  21. 02:29:070 (1) - this whole stream should have more spacing than the rest before, I don't have to explain why
  22. 02:35:794 (1) - tbh I dont feel like a spinner here it's the best idea but I understand why is it there, just wanted to mention
  23. 02:50:380 (4,5) - 02:52:656 (4,5) - 02:51:208 (6,7) - spacing is not clear in these, feel like 02:52:656 (4,5) - should have less spacing than the others and so, check the others
  24. 03:02:173 (1) - spacing in all these patterns should increase it's spacing consecutively, or at least, change it form 03:08:794 (1) - since there's a new sound

    Hard
  25. 00:38:173 (5) - nc?
  26. 00:52:863 (7) - imo this should be a single circle (and the next parts like this too) that slider would be confusing imo

    couldn't find anything in normal and easy owo
    hope this mod was helpful
    gl


my map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/615414
Gracias eh :p
posted
art.

General
  1. Desabilitar el countdown?
  2. 01:49:346 - Es idea mia o esta section esta unsnapped


Easy
  1. 01:31:967 (4) - Si esta nota esta aca, porque no agregarla aca en 00:52:242
  2. 01:42:725 (1) - Este slider sonaria mejor si lo extiendes al tick blanco en mi opinion


Normal
  1. Buena diff


Hard
  1. 01:57:622 (5) - Creo que le falta un hitsound al final del slider
  2. 02:34:863 (6) - No entiendo aqui el cambio de spacing, quizas podrias extender tambien el spacing con el slider (5) y hacer una especie de triangulo, algo asi


Insane
  1. Muy buena diff


art.
posted

MoodyRPG wrote:

art.

General
  1. Desabilitar el countdown?
    Ok
  2. 01:49:346 - Es idea mia o esta section esta unsnapped
    Si lo esta, pero no deberia causar ningun problema


Easy
  1. 01:31:967 (4) - Si esta nota esta aca, porque no agregarla aca en 00:52:242
    Es ligeramente diferente. Igual la coloque
  2. 01:42:725 (1) - Este slider sonaria mejor si lo extiendes al tick blanco en mi opinion
    Prefiero donde esta orita


Normal
  1. Buena diff


Hard
  1. 01:57:622 (5) - Creo que le falta un hitsound al final del slider
    Estan bien asi.
  2. 02:34:863 (6) - No entiendo aqui el cambio de spacing, quizas podrias extender tambien el spacing con el slider (5) y hacer una especie de triangulo, algo
    Porque intento enfocar un poco diferente los instrumentos
    asi


Insane
  1. Muy buena diff


art.
Gracias!


Itasha_S13 wrote:

o/
  • insane
  1. 00:06:105 (1) - remove nc? Ok
  2. 00:07:967 (10,11) - tbh don't feel like this should be stacked because the strong beat on 00:08:173 (11) - plays quite different than this 00:09:622 (10,11) - (ok. rythm changes and there's that triplet but I think you can manage to make it work
    They are different, thus different patterns. Also the way I map is not to go strong because the music is going strong, or go weak because music is weak, I go by change, if there is a change in music rhythm Ill try to reflect that as much as possible, meaning that if music is going strong, it is okay to go weaker in the map, as long as I am able to reflect the change. Based on this, I am rejecting some of your suggestions from now on, and if I dont say anything this is probably why.
  3. 00:10:863 (7,8,9) - ctrl+g maybe? makes more sense with previous flow from 00:10:036 (1,2,3) -
    I find it unnecessary and prefer the way it is
  4. 00:07:967 (10,11) - 00:11:277 (10,11) - both plays the same but drum beats are different hm
    Structurally speaking, they are the same rhythm
  5. 00:12:105 (5,6,7,8) - maybe rotate this like http://prntscr.com/g3pryx because these notes doesn't have that piano sound of 00:11:691 (1,2,3,4) -
    I did change a bit, was a change I was meaning to do for a while
  6. 00:12:518 (1,2,3,4,5) - something similar i'd say since beats are different so.. they shouldn't play exactly the same as a linear stream (feel like 00:12:518 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - should have more spacing but.. thats your decision)
    Same as above

  7. 00:14:794 (4,5) - I think that you should increase spacing on 00:14:794 (4,5) - so it makes more sense when 00:18:105 (6,1) - came in, since.. they're
  8. like the same thing, but the spacing it's quite similar, I understand the reason behind it but it's quite differen
  9. 00:22:449 (7) - the pitch of the sound on 00:22:449 (7) - it's ehh lower, than 00:21:622 (5) - but 00:22:242 (6,7) - has more spacing than 00:21:622 (5,6) - so it kinda.. doesn't make much sense to me even if it's slow map and all.. easy fix would be swap sliders
  10. 00:24:725 (1,2,3) - spacing here should be more than the rest of the map previously, the song is building up its intensity to this point 00:24:725 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - but the spacing hasnt really changed, it's the same as before but you can clearly hear that the song it's quite more intense here
  11. 00:26:587 - imo the sliders from here should be slower
  12. 00:51:415 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - I think that this stream should have less spacing than the next one
    It is already less than the next one...?
  13. 01:05:898 (9) - there's a missing beat on 01:06:053 - make the reverse longer
    Nope, I cant hear any beat at all in here
  14. 01:06:725 (2) - should do ctrl+g, because it's strong sound, and also, the spacing would make more sense with 01:07:139 (3,4,5) - because rn the spacing it's really.. short
    01:10:036 (2) - ^
  15. 01:11:691 (1,2,3,4,5) - imo this is out of place, the spacing here it's huge compared to the rest of the map, for example.. 00:24:725 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - 01:11:691 (1,2,3,4,5) - quite different spacing even if the song it's more intense in the first section mentioned, context may be different, but still the difference
    it's too huge just to let it pass
    Reduced spacing
  16. 01:15:622 (2,3) - feel like these should be stacked because it's kick sound, they should play different than 01:15:415 (1,4) -
    01:17:070 (1,2,3,4) - ^
    Not exactly following the violins, but more the drums
  17. 01:16:656 (2) - ctrl+g?
  18. 02:05:070 (4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - isnt the spacing here too much? feels like the same as 01:59:277 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -
  19. 02:17:484 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - yeah this is not 1/4 I know you know it, but I feel like using some sliders here would be better, also works better for a buildup to the next section which is full of streams
    This is the build up, thus the very reduced spacing
  20. 02:31:449 (24,1) - awkward flow
  21. 02:29:070 (1) - this whole stream should have more spacing than the rest before, I don't have to explain why
  22. 02:35:794 (1) - tbh I dont feel like a spinner here it's the best idea but I understand why is it there, just wanted to mention
  23. 02:50:380 (4,5) - 02:52:656 (4,5) - 02:51:208 (6,7) - spacing is not clear in these, feel like 02:52:656 (4,5) - should have less spacing than the others and so, check the others
  24. 03:02:173 (1) - spacing in all these patterns should increase it's spacing consecutively, or at least, change it form 03:08:794 (1) - since there's a new sound

    Hard
  25. 00:38:173 (5) - nc? Added
  26. 00:52:863 (7) - imo this should be a single circle (and the next parts like this too) that slider would be confusing imo There are definitely two beats, and would prefer to map them for a hard rather than skipping them

    couldn't find anything in normal and easy owo
    hope this mod was helpful
    gl


my map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/615414
Gracias eh :p
Thanks so much!
posted
heyy sorry for the wait

[General]
  1. Some of the hitsounding patterns you use seem inappropriate. For example, in Easy, 00:35:691 (3) -, 00:36:518 (1) - (slider-ends) are drum sounds but they have normal-hitnormal on them. Reversedly, 00:11:691 (2) - 's sliderend has a drum hitsound on it when there's a sound more alike to normal-hitnormal in the song. Using hitnormals on notes like 00:16:656 (1) - and 00:19:967 (1) - feels random. Then, in these sections like 00:39:829 (1) - only whistles are used for some reason, while the music is way more intense here than in the previous part (where you used normal-hitnormal and drum-hitfinish)

    This goes for parts like 01:22:863 (1) - too and pretty much occurs throughout the entire Easy difficulty. 00:54:725 (2,1) - here too is no hitsound at all on the clickable objects which feels underwhelming. I think these parts are well hitsounded though 01:06:311 -.

    In the other diffs, I've noticed the same thing. For example, in Insane, that goes for sections like the one starting at 01:19:553 - objects like 01:19:967 (2,3) - 01:20:380 (5) - 01:20:794 (6,7) - feel like they clearly need drum hitsounds on them because you've used these samples in other parts of the map. This will make your map feel a lot more intuitive as the player will receive appropriate feedback while playing. Could you go over the hitsounding patterns you use again and improve it a bit? If you need help with this, feel free to contact me in game.
  2. HS volume is at 100% for the entire duration of the song? o.o I suggest doing some volume control :p
  3. Turn widescreen support off across all diffs


[Easy]
  1. 00:09:208 - This feels rather weird because you follow the sound that gets higher in pitch everytime, yet this one isn't clickable. Perhaps shorten the slider and add a note?
  2. 00:12:932 - This spot feels empty too, adding a note would be fine.
  3. 00:16:656 (1,2,3) - As of now, delaying the held note by making 00:17:070 (2) - a slider doesn't feel ideal. There's not so much in the music and it'd feel way better if 00:16:656 - were to be a held note instead because of this melodic sound. Rhythm would be better if it were arranged like this: https://voli.s-ul.eu/R3Xl0jJi.png This goes for all similar patterns (there are 3 more in this section)
  4. 00:38:173 (2) - The angle of this slider plays a bit awkwardly from 00:36:518 (1) - and doesnt look too visually appealing (imo), maybe rotate it by around -35 degrees
  5. 00:53:070 (1) - The object placement of this slider feels random and doesn't really do anything much in relation to the previous pattern - since 00:49:760 (1,2,3,4) - goes down/up you'd kinda expect that this slider would point downwards again. However, if you don't want that kind of movement, consider blanketing it with 00:52:242 (4) - (perhaps rotating it a bit) to make it feel a bit more connected to the prev pattern?
  6. 01:36:105 (1) - It would be better if this slider ended on the white tick (1 tick further) because the sound there is way stronger and currently goes kinda ignored. Same goes for 01:42:725 (1) -


[Normal]
  1. 00:00:105 - I feel you should at least use some kind of simple hitsounding in this intro pattern to give a little bit of feedback (drum hitnormal/soft hitwhistle on these sliderheads 00:00:105 (1) - 00:01:760 (1) - 00:03:415 (1) - etc. maybe?) Same goes for your outro, actually.
  2. 00:13:967 (3) - I don't really understand this note and the hitsound on it? Wouldn't it be much more appropriate here 00:14:173 - ? I don't hear anything in the music where it is currently.
  3. 00:24:932 (4) - The slider covering the entire drum roll is a bit boring no? How about something like this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8913953 // same goes for 00:44:794 (5) - and 02:47:277 (4) -
  4. 01:05:277 (2) - Making it a note instead and leaving a small break in the rhythm would make this really cool imo. Right now the sliderbody goes over nothing (in the music).
  5. 01:20:794 (4,5,6) - Hey thats strange now they're triples, they were doubles before at 00:41:070 (4,5) - , do you mind making these the same? Preferably make them both triples because you use the same kind of triples a lot throughout the map, rather than doubles.
  6. 02:02:587 (1) - Consider stacking this note on 02:02:794 (2) - to match the nature of the patterns you used in this section (02:04:036 (3,4,5) - , 02:08:173 (2,3) - etc.)
  7. 02:05:691 (1,2,1) - The rhythm you used for these is suddenly different than what you were mapping to before, as now the melodic sounds aren't clickable anymore but are under a repeat slider instead. Maybe this would work? https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8913981
  8. 02:31:553 (5,1) - This really doesn't play well because the strongest sound is on a passive sliderend and a very weak sound afterwards is clickable. Consider this rhythm? https://voli.s-ul.eu/blDPQjau.png
  9. 02:34:863 (6) - I think this could portray the music way better if you made the strong sound at the end of this clickable like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8913985
  10. 02:39:001 - missing note? Spot feels strangely empty



[Hard]
  1. My main issue in this diff is the repeat sliders varying so much in their length - while playing some of them felt really unpredictable because they all look similar but end on different lengths, sometimes in the same pattern. Patterns like 00:45:001 (6,8,9) - are good examples of this, in this case I recommend changing 00:45:001 (6) - to be a slider>note to separate it from 00:45:622 (8,9) - . The same goes for things like 00:51:415 (5,6) -, 01:34:449 (7,8) - and 01:05:070 (2,3) - , the latter could, for example easily be something like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8922507
  2. Please check the entire difficulty for these and see what you can do with them. Otherwise a very solid Hard with cool patterns! I rly like these sliderpairs 01:29:484 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - good job.


[Insane]
  1. 00:10:036 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Spacing on these triples seems a bit too much considering the previous patterns and the stream after this.
  2. 00:27:829 - These places with high pitched violin notes seem like they would be better off having an active hitobject (note) on them, just as you did here 00:34:036 (3,4) -
  3. 00:36:105 (1,2,3,1,2) - Rhythm here seems off and inconsistent with how you did it before since there's a note missing on the red tick to which you mapped before.
  4. 00:37:139 (2,3,4,5,6) - Pattern looks a bit unappealing visually, especially considering the structured nature of your mapping style here, how about this? https://voli.s-ul.eu/oycxlfUX.png
  5. 01:04:656 (1) - Consider using two notes for this instead. These strong snare sounds would work well as two clickable hitobjects.
  6. 01:28:656 (4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - These patterns are really cool, but I think they should rather go down in spacing every measure rather than up, since the pitch lowers. Same goes for 01:59:277 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -
  7. Consider breaking up streams like 02:25:656 - and 02:29:070 - into NC measures to prevent very long combo chains from building up.



Very cool mapset! Love the structured style. I think hitsounding needs some work though, but definitely call me back after we worked on this a bit. If you're unsure about smth in my mod make sure to shoot me a pm too.
posted

Voli wrote:

heyy sorry for the wait

[General]
  1. Some of the hitsounding patterns you use seem inappropriate. For example, in Easy, 00:35:691 (3) -, 00:36:518 (1) - (slider-ends) are drum sounds but they have normal-hitnormal on them. Reversedly, 00:11:691 (2) - 's sliderend has a drum hitsound on it when there's a sound more alike to normal-hitnormal in the song. Using hitnormals on notes like 00:16:656 (1) - and 00:19:967 (1) - feels random. Then, in these sections like 00:39:829 (1) - only whistles are used for some reason, while the music is way more intense here than in the previous part (where you used normal-hitnormal and drum-hitfinish)

    This goes for parts like 01:22:863 (1) - too and pretty much occurs throughout the entire Easy difficulty. 00:54:725 (2,1) - here too is no hitsound at all on the clickable objects which feels underwhelming. I think these parts are well hitsounded though 01:06:311 -.

    In the other diffs, I've noticed the same thing. For example, in Insane, that goes for sections like the one starting at 01:19:553 - objects like 01:19:967 (2,3) - 01:20:380 (5) - 01:20:794 (6,7) - feel like they clearly need drum hitsounds on them because you've used these samples in other parts of the map. This will make your map feel a lot more intuitive as the player will receive appropriate feedback while playing. Could you go over the hitsounding patterns you use again and improve it a bit? If you need help with this, feel free to contact me in game.

    For starters, easy and normal has a slightly different hitsounding structure than hard and insane (because the freaking drums are on red tick).
    And now I am noticing it has nothing to do with what you said.

    Anyways, in all truth, I am quite happy with the hitsounds, as I find them to have perfect balance between the song and the map. Too much hitsound and the structure of the rhythm will be diluted, too little hitsound then there is not enough input to appreciate the structure, and I even help make the rhythm structure standout by emphasizing the peculiar bits that makes the song unique.

    Also, they does not feel random to me, and basically all the hitsounds are consistent through the whole map, as in it repeats again and again (afterall, repetition is a structure, thus non-random)


  2. HS volume is at 100% for the entire duration of the song? o.o I suggest doing some volume control :p
    They seem fine for me, thats why I didnt bother. My music and effect control is at same level, not sure if it is causing problems to any other user. And volume hitsound requires too much effort for so little gain :(
  3. Turn widescreen support off across all diffs
    Someone told me to turn it all on... In my opinion this is so useless, so now unless tells me why exactly it is game breaking or causing problems to anyone I wont bother about this anymore.


[Easy]
  1. 00:09:208 - This feels rather weird because you follow the sound that gets higher in pitch everytime, yet this one isn't clickable. Perhaps shorten the slider and add a note?
    I am more focused on drums here. This section marks the beginning of transition towards drum
  2. 00:12:932 - This spot feels empty too, adding a note would be fine.
    Sure!
  3. 00:16:656 (1,2,3) - As of now, delaying the held note by making 00:17:070 (2) - a slider doesn't feel ideal. There's not so much in the music and it'd feel way better if 00:16:656 - were to be a held note instead because of this melodic sound. Rhythm would be better if it were arranged like this: https://voli.s-ul.eu/R3Xl0jJi.png This goes for all similar patterns (there are 3 more in this section)
    I prefer it more this way, yours sounds weird to me ;x
  4. 00:38:173 (2) - The angle of this slider plays a bit awkwardly from 00:36:518 (1) - and doesnt look too visually appealing (imo), maybe rotate it by around -35 degrees
    Oh no, I prefer the current angle
  5. 00:53:070 (1) - The object placement of this slider feels random and doesn't really do anything much in relation to the previous pattern - since 00:49:760 (1,2,3,4) - goes down/up you'd kinda expect that this slider would point downwards again. However, if you don't want that kind of movement, consider blanketing it with 00:52:242 (4) - (perhaps rotating it a bit) to make it feel a bit more connected to the prev pattern?
    Changed a little bit (1,2,3,4,1)
  6. 01:36:105 (1) - It would be better if this slider ended on the white tick (1 tick further) because the sound there is way stronger and currently goes kinda ignored. Same goes for 01:42:725 (1) -
    I prefer it the way it is now though.


[Normal]
  1. 00:00:105 - I feel you should at least use some kind of simple hitsounding in this intro pattern to give a little bit of feedback (drum hitnormal/soft hitwhistle on these sliderheads 00:00:105 (1) - 00:01:760 (1) - 00:03:415 (1) - etc. maybe?) Same goes for your outro, actually.
    I prefer to keep them silent. As soon as I add soft whistle here I will start feeling that other places will need them, and before I know the whole map is full of soft whistles (this actually happened). Thats why in other diffs they dont have hitsounds either
  2. 00:13:967 (3) - I don't really understand this note and the hitsound on it? Wouldn't it be much more appropriate here 00:14:173 - ? I don't hear anything in the music where it is currently.
    There is, just very slightly. Not all beats placed have to follow so faithfully to the song, one must understand first the song's rhythm structure first (because rhythms have structure too) and be more faithful to that structure
  3. 00:24:932 (4) - The slider covering the entire drum roll is a bit boring no? How about something like this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8913953 // same goes for 00:44:794 (5) - and 02:47:277 (4) -
    I believe that it is overcomplicating rhythms too much. For normals I prefer to keep them simple
  4. 01:05:277 (2) - Making it a note instead and leaving a small break in the rhythm would make this really cool imo. Right now the sliderbody goes over nothing (in the music).
    Is another trade off, if I did that, then I will be compelled to add a circle at 01:05:898 - and for a normal difficulty I would rather much prefer to have a slider end in this place
  5. 01:20:794 (4,5,6) - Hey thats strange now they're triples, they were doubles before at 00:41:070 (4,5) - , do you mind making these the same? Preferably make them both triples because you use the same kind of triples a lot throughout the map, rather than doubles.
    Gameplay technicality, increasing diff as it progresses. In hard is not present, but in insane, the second part has increased spacing.
  6. 02:02:587 (1) - Consider stacking this note on 02:02:794 (2) - to match the nature of the patterns you used in this section (02:04:036 (3,4,5) - , 02:08:173 (2,3) - etc.)
    Oopsies! Youre very right!
  7. 02:05:691 (1,2,1) - The rhythm you used for these is suddenly different than what you were mapping to before, as now the melodic sounds aren't clickable anymore but are under a repeat slider instead. Maybe this would work? https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8913981
    Sure! I like the idea
  8. 02:31:553 (5,1) - This really doesn't play well because the strongest sound is on a passive sliderend and a very weak sound afterwards is clickable. Consider this rhythm? https://voli.s-ul.eu/blDPQjau.png
    Sure!
  9. 02:34:863 (6) - I think this could portray the music way better if you made the strong sound at the end of this clickable like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8913985
    Sure!
  10. 02:39:001 - missing note? Spot feels strangely empty
    I actually wanted to end spinner here, but it was either shorten the spinner to 02:38:587 - or deleting 02:39:415 (1,2) - to give enough time to recover from spinner. I went for shortening the spinner



[Hard]
  1. My main issue in this diff is the repeat sliders varying so much in their length - while playing some of them felt really unpredictable because they all look similar but end on different lengths, sometimes in the same pattern. Patterns like 00:45:001 (6,8,9) - are good examples of this, in this case I recommend changing 00:45:001 (6) - to be a slider>note to separate it from 00:45:622 (8,9) - . The same goes for things like 00:51:415 (5,6) -, 01:34:449 (7,8) - and 01:05:070 (2,3) - , the latter could, for example easily be something like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8922507
    I understand the concern, specially for easy-normal, but I believe that any player playing Hard diff's should be able to start discerning them via approach circles. At least my philosophy is: easy and normal very simple rhythms, hard start to make rhythms more complex, insane start to make patterns more complex

  2. Please check the entire difficulty for these and see what you can do with them. Otherwise a very solid Hard with cool patterns! I rly like these sliderpairs 01:29:484 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - good job.
    Yay!


[Insane]
  1. 00:10:036 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Spacing on these triples seems a bit too much considering the previous patterns and the stream after this.
    Okay, reduced a bit
  2. 00:27:829 - These places with high pitched violin notes seem like they would be better off having an active hitobject (note) on them, just as you did here 00:34:036 (3,4) -
    It is a trade off, I wanted to hold the note that starts at 00:27:415 - but did not want to end it in a blue tick or anything.
  3. 00:36:105 (1,2,3,1,2) - Rhythm here seems off and inconsistent with how you did it before since there's a note missing on the red tick to which you mapped before.
    This part is tricky, as this marks the beginning from following predominantly the violins to drums. I have tried many things before and in the end this is the one I am most happy with.
  4. 00:37:139 (2,3,4,5,6) - Pattern looks a bit unappealing visually, especially considering the structured nature of your mapping style here, how about this? https://voli.s-ul.eu/oycxlfUX.png
    I wanted to make 00:37:346 (3,4,5,6) - flow differently from its predecesors

  5. 01:04:656 (1) - Consider using two notes for this instead. These strong snare sounds would work well as two clickable hitobjects.
    Sure, but changed some of the previous objects to slider though
  6. 01:28:656 (4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - These patterns are really cool, but I think they should rather go down in spacing every measure rather than up, since the pitch lowers. Same goes for 01:59:277 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -
    Is more like I am thinking that this is a game, so in this part I am trading off being more faithful to the song, and brining in gameplay challenge
  7. Consider breaking up streams like 02:25:656 - and 02:29:070 - into NC measures to prevent very long combo chains from building up.
    Sure! (I actually think someone suggested this to me before)


Very cool mapset! Love the structured style. I think hitsounding needs some work though, but definitely call me back after we worked on this a bit. If you're unsure about smth in my mod make sure to shoot me a pm too.
Thanks so much!

Wow took so long to get through all of it.
posted
Voli asked me to take a little look at the map and see if I agree with what you didn't fix.

[General]
  1. You were confused about the widescreen support. This is mostly up to mapper, but it's generally good to be consistent. It's the most reasonable to keep it on for your maps, so that if if widescreen support changed in future your map wouldn't be affected. For example, maps with the support disabled could have 4:3 bars or anything of that sort. That's however based on a speculation, so there's generally no reason why you need to fix these things, but keeping it at least consistent is a good idea.

[Insane]
  1. 00:31:139 - I agree that you can use slider for some other situations like this, but this place should probably be clickable as there's a drum on the tail. Additionally, the hitsound you've chosen is adding insensible contrast to this part. I'd recommend using the same hitsound they've used for that part because a snare is not sensible at a place of a kick drum.
  2. 01:28:656 (4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Here, the explanation doesn't make any sense. If the song doesn't indicate that there should be a challenge, it shouldn't be mapped that way. Randomly thinking that you'd add a challenge here is not a good reason for denying Voli's suggestion.

[Hard]
  1. 00:45:001 (6,8,9) - 00:45:001 (6) - 00:45:622 (8,9) - 00:51:415 (5,6) - 01:34:449 (7,8) - 01:05:070 (2,3) - I would say I partially agree with Voli's opinion, but not entirely. But I would say that the concern should apply only to patterns that are hard to predict. 00:45:622 (8,9) - Should be placed differently, because there is technically a jump (but it's just a flipped slider), it might indicate a different length. Easy solution would be just rotating the first one to follow the next slider properly. 00:51:415 (5,6) -, 01:34:449 (7,8) - Are very easy to read incorrectly, so I agree with Voli's concern entirely here. 01:05:070 (2,3) - should be just fine because there's enough time to realise how the pattern goes. Time between those two sliders allows you to hold the first one for longer time and not miss anyway.

[Normal]
  1. 00:00:105 - I agree those parts feel too empty and should actually have some hitsounds. Think of it as a different part from the drum part as it essentially is different, so you don't need to use the whistle hitsounds in the whole map, just these parts. You should put some effort to this and actually make these parts feel less empty.
  2. 00:24:932 (4) - I get that you want to keep most of the map simple, but you're not really doing it. More notes don't mean complicated rhythm. I think following Voli's suggestion is a nice idea here. I will elaborate on this issue later in this post.
  3. 01:05:277 (2) - I agree with Voli's point here, I don't think this is mapped with any regard to the song. It sounds really off as well.
  4. 01:20:794 (4,5,6) - "Gameplay technicality, increasing diff as it progresses" doesn't make much sense here. There's nothing different in the song whatsoever. If the song doesn't increase in intensity, there's no reason to make it harder than the other part. And justifying an issue by saying it's in insane, but not hard is irrelevant.

[Easy]
  1. 00:16:656 (1,2,3) - I would say Voli's suggestion makes much more sense here.


This is related to your response to Voli's mod. I also want to mention some stuff, so he's second part.

Red = Not allowed/potentionaly causing DQ
Bold = Mostly important, partially subjective, address this properly
Regular = Subjective opinion, try it out but don't obey my opinion if yours is essentially different

[General]
  1. The hitsounds in this map are mostly not very well organized and generic. They don't have any sensible structure, you are overusing snares at places where a drum hitfinish should be. Some of the hitsound are barerly audible. I think the hitsounds can be improved a lot and that they're not utilized really well in some parts and many of them actually are random. Especially applies to lower difficulties, I basically have the same problem as Voli. I don't want to give you concrete examples here as the post would get extremely long. If you are interested in improving the hitsounds, I can help you in this regard, just PM me and I'll make my time for you to explain everything thoroughly.

[Insane]
  1. 00:13:967 (3) - These sliders don't work very well musically. Applies to the outro as well. If you listen to the song really well, there's a constant 1/2 string instrument (probably a bass) in the background and a really loud string instrument as well (probably a violin), that is 4 beats long. Then there are drums, but nothing else is pretty much happening in the song. So mapping these sliders in such a way is mostly mapped to nothing, and you are letting it pass through a kick drum at 00:14:173 - although there's no sound that starts at 00:13:967 - and ends at 00:14:587 - . I recommend you to fix all these sliders by adding a circle at 00:13:967 - and a 1/1 slider at 00:14:173 - .
  2. The choice of jumps sometimes look quite random. I cannot figure out the reason why some of these places are missing jumps and I think it should be explained. Examples are 00:19:760 (7,8,1) - 00:49:760 (1) - 01:29:484 (1) - 01:59:277 (1) - . If this is an error, I suggest you to simply add the jumps or explain the reason why you chose to not have a jump here if identical places do have the jump.
  3. There are some object that touch the UI (score bar, HP bar or combo bar). Please avoid it, 4:3 is considered as well. Applies to these objects: 00:35:277 (9) - 00:50:587 (1) - 00:54:725 (5) - 01:05:898 (10) - 01:22:242 (5) - 01:27:829 (1) - 01:30:311 (1) - 01:59:070 (9) - 02:46:242 (5) - 02:50:587 (5) - .

[Hard]
  1. There are some object that touch the UI (score bar, HP bar or combo bar). Please avoid it, 4:3 is considered as well. Applies to these objects: 00:05:070 (1) - 00:28:449 (6) - 01:10:449 (3) - 01:32:380 (8) - 02:00:105 (3) - 02:05:484 (6) - 02:12:105 (6) - 02:12:518 (1) - 02:24:311 (2,3,4) - 02:43:967 (4) - 03:08:794 (1) - .
  2. 00:13:967 (2) - This is the same problem as Insane, should be fixed as I suggested in Insane.
  3. 00:34:863 (5) - I wouldn't say it's a good idea to make this pattern different from 00:28:242 (5,6) - . The stacked circle with slider makes a very good emphasis here, but you just ignored the sound completely in this situation. You should make this same as before.
  4. 01:15:415 (6) - Similar as above, this is basically the same thing as 01:11:691 (6,7,8,9,10) - , but it's again completely ignored.

[Normal]
  1. There are some object that touch the UI (score bar, HP bar or combo bar). Please avoid it, 4:3 is considered as well. Applies to these objects: 00:00:105 (1) - 00:00:725 (2) - 00:15:829 (3) - 00:34:036 (2) - 00:47:691 (4) - 00:53:691 (2) - 00:58:656 (2) - 01:06:311 (1) - 01:52:656 (1) - 02:14:173 (4) - 02:33:001 (2) - 02:33:415 (3) - 02:42:312 (1) - 02:49:553 (2) - 02:50:587 (2) -
  2. 01:04:656 (1) - The slider is really off. The violin is shorter here, so it ends at 01:04:863 - , but it would be generally better to end it on drums which are at 01:05:070 - , so that it doesn't play so unnaturally.
  3. 01:35:277 (6) - This is mapped to nothing at all significant and shouldn't be there at all. You should either remove it or add a slider that starts at 01:34:449 - and ends at 01:35:380 - .
  4. 01:46:036 (1,2,3,4) - This pattern looks really cluttered and I believe this might get a bit confusing for new players. I would recommend to keep your patterns clean in lower difficulties to ensure as good readability as possible.
  5. The biggest issue I see in this difficulty (and it's also probably the biggest issue of the mapset overall), is your combination of triplets with doubles. Normals are not directed at people that are already experienced with reading, so inconsistencies and different combinations make it a lot harder. Using a double somewhere, then a triplet, and alternating between these two makes it more a matter of luck to actually play it correctly. Besides, you are sometimes using double notes where you previously used triplet and vice versa. Additionally, parts 02:38:587 - to 03:02:173 - , 00:13:346 - to 00:26:380 - , 01:36:105 - to 01:49:346 - are mapped in a way that doesn't represent the song very well and creates a vague rhythm that is hard to play accuracy-wise, because you are ignoring important sounds majority of the time. I see that you want to combine drum mapping with violin mapping, but it turns out to not be a very sensible combination. I think this makes the quality of the normal quite lower than what's expected.

[Easy]
  1. 01:22:863 (1) - This object is out of the gameplay area.
  2. 02:57:208 (3) - Same as above.
  3. There are some object that touch the UI (score bar, HP bar or combo bar). Please avoid it, 4:3 is considered as well. Applies to these objects: 00:06:725 (1) - 00:11:691 (2) - 01:11:277 (2) - 01:29:484 (1) - 01:42:725 (1) - 02:01:760 (4) - 02:09:208 (1) - 02:16:656 (2) - 02:22:449 (1) - 02:48:932 (1) - 02:49:346 (2) - 03:13:759 (2) -
  4. 00:53:070 - I understand why the intro had 3/2 sliders. There was no other option. But I don't understand why you've chosen the same rhythm here if drums are introduced. It would help both hitsounding and the gameplay experience. There's so much potential in this part that I think it's a pity you chose the simplest way to map this part. For example at 00:58:036 (2) - you have an amazing opportunity for 1/1 repeat slider and the rest of this part is pretty much full of great rhythms, so I don't think sticking to one repetitive rhythm is any good here. Besides, the part at 01:36:105 - is completely different from this, while being exactly the same in the song. Both of these parts look very empty but have so much going on in the song.
  5. From 01:36:105 - to 01:49:346 - , if you're going to keep the same style for these parts, you should at least get rid off 01:36:105 (1) - and 01:42:725 (1) - as they're introducing quite an insensible rhythm and they end on very insignificant, nearly inaudible sounds, but they both pass through loud sounds at 01:43:553 - and 01:36:932 - .
  6. The whole kiai until 02:38:587 - presents the same problem as the above. At a minimum, the hitsounds should be fixed as they're out of the song's structure.
  7. 03:13:760 (2) - This slider should end at 03:14:587 - . There's essentially no reason why it would end on such an insignificant sound. Could even be a repeat slider if you like it.


In the end, the biggest issue for me is the rhythm choice in Normal and hitsounding overall. There might also be a bit of a problem with the spread, I would personally say this should have a difficulty between Normal and Hard as your Hard is in the upper category of a Hard difficulties (that means, almost insane, not judging by the star rating by the way). You should definitely get more opinions on the spread if you disagree with this. Good luck!
posted

Wafu wrote:

Voli asked me to take a little look at the map and see if I agree with what you didn't fix.

[General]
  1. You were confused about the widescreen support. This is mostly up to mapper, but it's generally good to be consistent. It's the most reasonable to keep it on for your maps, so that if if widescreen support changed in future your map wouldn't be affected. For example, maps with the support disabled could have 4:3 bars or anything of that sort. That's however based on a speculation, so there's generally no reason why you need to fix these things, but keeping it at least consistent is a good idea.

[Insane]
  1. 00:31:139 - I agree that you can use slider for some other situations like this, but this place should probably be clickable as there's a drum on the tail. Additionally, the hitsound you've chosen is adding insensible contrast to this part. I'd recommend using the same hitsound they've used for that part because a snare is not sensible at a place of a kick drum.
    These arguments are still not enough to convince to change it to circle. And also the hitsounds are following my hitsounds structure, too bad only I can see it.
  2. 01:28:656 (4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Here, the explanation doesn't make any sense. If the song doesn't indicate that there should be a challenge, it shouldn't be mapped that way. Randomly thinking that you'd add a challenge here is not a good reason for denying Voli's suggestion.
    I am sorry, I was not aware that there was only one correct approach to follow the music. I still don't agree though

[Hard]
  1. 00:45:001 (6,8,9) - 00:45:001 (6) - 00:45:622 (8,9) - 00:51:415 (5,6) - 01:34:449 (7,8) - 01:05:070 (2,3) - I would say I partially agree with Voli's opinion, but not entirely. But I would say that the concern should apply only to patterns that are hard to predict. 00:45:622 (8,9) - Should be placed differently, because there is technically a jump (but it's just a flipped slider), it might indicate a different length. Easy solution would be just rotating the first one to follow the next slider properly. 00:51:415 (5,6) -, 01:34:449 (7,8) - Are very easy to read incorrectly, so I agree with Voli's concern entirely here. 01:05:070 (2,3) - should be just fine because there's enough time to realise how the pattern goes. Time between those two sliders allows you to hold the first one for longer time and not miss anyway.
    And I still believe that if a player playing this difficulty does not have the skills to read this, then it is time to play more normals.

[Normal]
  1. 00:00:105 - I agree those parts feel too empty and should actually have some hitsounds. Think of it as a different part from the drum part as it essentially is different, so you don't need to use the whistle hitsounds in the whole map, just these parts. You should put some effort to this and actually make these parts feel less empty.
    Not hitsounds, they are meant to be felt empty
  2. 00:24:932 (4) - I get that you want to keep most of the map simple, but you're not really doing it. More notes don't mean complicated rhythm. I think following Voli's suggestion is a nice idea here. I will elaborate on this issue later in this post.
    I will elaborate mor elater
  3. 01:05:277 (2) - I agree with Voli's point here, I don't think this is mapped with any regard to the song. It sounds really off as well.
    I am sorry, I was not aware that there was only one correct approach to follow the music.
  4. 01:20:794 (4,5,6) - "Gameplay technicality, increasing diff as it progresses" doesn't make much sense here. There's nothing different in the song whatsoever. If the song doesn't increase in intensity, there's no reason to make it harder than the other part. And justifying an issue by saying it's in insane, but not hard is irrelevant.
    I am sorry, I was not aware that there was only one correct approach to follow the music. Next time I will make sure to copy paste!

[Easy]
  1. 00:16:656 (1,2,3) - I would say Voli's suggestion makes much more sense here.
    I am sorry, I was not aware that there was only one correct approach to follow the music.


This is related to your response to Voli's mod. I also want to mention some stuff, so he's second part.

Red = Not allowed/potentionaly causing DQ
Bold = Mostly important, partially subjective, address this properly
Regular = Subjective opinion, try it out but don't obey my opinion if yours is essentially different

[General]
  1. The hitsounds in this map are mostly not very well organized and generic. They don't have any sensible structure, you are overusing snares at places where a drum hitfinish should be. Some of the hitsound are barerly audible. I think the hitsounds can be improved a lot and that they're not utilized really well in some parts and many of them actually are random. Especially applies to lower difficulties, I basically have the same problem as Voli. I don't want to give you concrete examples here as the post would get extremely long. If you are interested in improving the hitsounds, I can help you in this regard, just PM me and I'll make my time for you to explain everything thoroughly.
    Please no, I love my hitsounds. If the hitsounds makes this map unworthy of the osu! community, then so be it :(

[Insane]
  1. 00:13:967 (3) - These sliders don't work very well musically. Applies to the outro as well. If you listen to the song really well, there's a constant 1/2 string instrument (probably a bass) in the background and a really loud string instrument as well (probably a violin), that is 4 beats long. Then there are drums, but nothing else is pretty much happening in the song. So mapping these sliders in such a way is mostly mapped to nothing, and you are letting it pass through a kick drum at 00:14:173 - although there's no sound that starts at 00:13:967 - and ends at 00:14:587 - . I recommend you to fix all these sliders by adding a circle at 00:13:967 - and a 1/1 slider at 00:14:173 - .
    I love how you say "fix'. But in all truth I still disagree because using the rhythms that you suggested does not make the song's rhythm accentuate aka give the map a personality
  2. The choice of jumps sometimes look quite random. I cannot figure out the reason why some of these places are missing jumps and I think it should be explained. Examples are 00:19:760 (7,8,1) - 00:49:760 (1) - 01:29:484 (1) - 01:59:277 (1) - . If this is an error, I suggest you to simply add the jumps or explain the reason why you chose to not have a jump here if identical places do have the jump.
    Yes, they are arandom. Randomness is also a structure
  3. There are some object that touch the UI (score bar, HP bar or combo bar). Please avoid it, 4:3 is considered as well. Applies to these objects: 00:35:277 (9) - 00:50:587 (1) - 00:54:725 (5) - 01:05:898 (10) - 01:22:242 (5) - 01:27:829 (1) - 01:30:311 (1) - 01:59:070 (9) - 02:46:242 (5) - 02:50:587 (5) - .


    [/color]

[Hard]
  1. There are some object that touch the UI (score bar, HP bar or combo bar). Please avoid it, 4:3 is considered as well. Applies to these objects: 00:05:070 (1) - 00:28:449 (6) - 01:10:449 (3) - 01:32:380 (8) - 02:00:105 (3) - 02:05:484 (6) - 02:12:105 (6) - 02:12:518 (1) - 02:24:311 (2,3,4) - 02:43:967 (4) - 03:08:794 (1) - .
    In this particular case, I didnt move around any as I deemed them good enough
  2. 00:13:967 (2) - This is the same problem as Insane, should be fixed as I suggested in Insane.
    Same answer as in Insane
  3. 00:34:863 (5) - I wouldn't say it's a good idea to make this pattern different from 00:28:242 (5,6) - . The stacked circle with slider makes a very good emphasis here, but you just ignored the sound completely in this situation. You should make this same as before.
    Because I started to emphasis another rhythm
  4. 01:15:415 (6) - Similar as above, this is basically the same thing as 01:11:691 (6,7,8,9,10) - , but it's again completely ignored.

In this particular case, they are distinctly different, can't see at all what you mean

[Normal]
  1. There are some object that touch the UI (score bar, HP bar or combo bar). Please avoid it, 4:3 is considered as well. Applies to these objects: 00:00:105 (1) - 00:00:725 (2) - 00:15:829 (3) - 00:34:036 (2) - 00:47:691 (4) - 00:53:691 (2) - 00:58:656 (2) - 01:06:311 (1) - 01:52:656 (1) - 02:14:173 (4) - 02:33:001 (2) - 02:33:415 (3) - 02:42:312 (1) - 02:49:553 (2) - 02:50:587 (2) -
    Moved some around, others I left them as I deemed them as acceptable
  2. 01:04:656 (1) - The slider is really off. The violin is shorter here, so it ends at 01:04:863 - , but it would be generally better to end it on drums which are at 01:05:070 - , so that it doesn't play so unnaturally.
    I am sorry, but the violin really ends at where it ends now, I am not sure what youre listening to. The only thing I hear at 01:04:967 - is the drum beat. And also, it feels more natural for me to follow the song's rhythm structure which is what I have been doing, but obviously only I see the structure that I am seeing and thus I might have schizophrenia.
  3. 01:35:277 (6) - This is mapped to nothing at all significant and shouldn't be there at all. You should either remove it or add a slider that starts at 01:34:449 - and ends at 01:35:380 - .
    If this suggestion is for real, then I am starting to have doubts about all your other rhythm's suggestion. The drum roll clearly starts at 01:35:277 - not 01:35:380 -
  4. 01:46:036 (1,2,3,4) - This pattern looks really cluttered and I believe this might get a bit confusing for new players. I would recommend to keep your patterns clean in lower difficulties to ensure as good readability as possible.
    It has good enough readability imo. The path is clear, the combo number is clear, and even follows a simple linear path!
  5. The biggest issue I see in this difficulty (and it's also probably the biggest issue of the mapset overall), is your combination of triplets with doubles. Normals are not directed at people that are already experienced with reading, so inconsistencies and different combinations make it a lot harder. Using a double somewhere, then a triplet, and alternating between these two makes it more a matter of luck to actually play it correctly. Besides, you are sometimes using double notes where you previously used triplet and vice versa. Additionally, parts 02:38:587 - to 03:02:173 - , 00:13:346 - to 00:26:380 - , 01:36:105 - to 01:49:346 - are mapped in a way that doesn't represent the song very well and creates a vague rhythm that is hard to play accuracy-wise, because you are ignoring important sounds majority of the time. I see that you want to combine drum mapping with violin mapping, but it turns out to not be a very sensible combination. I think this makes the quality of the normal quite lower than what's expected.
    On a side note, this made me remember this suggestion by voli: 02:31:553 (5,1) - This really doesn't play well because the strongest sound is on a passive sliderend and a very weak sound afterwards is clickable. Consider this rhythm? https://voli.s-ul.eu/blDPQjau.png
    Now I remember why I had it as slider, precisely to minimize this. But now I am loving it too much and they will stay.

    On topic, I still think the dobles and triples are fine. I have done everything possible to minimize confusions in this diff, and if you have a specific spot and suggestion then I am more than happy to read it.

    And in regards to the second part of that paragraph, all I can say is that I was again not aware that there is only a single correct approach to follow music. It seems like the way that we are allowed to follow music has become so much stricter now, but in all truth, this is the only way I can follow the music, and if that makes the map deemed as unworthy to the osu! community, then so be it, I am just wasting my time here.


[Easy]
  1. 01:22:863 (1) - This object is out of the gameplay area.
  2. 02:57:208 (3) - Same as above.
    Yes, thank you! Fixed!
  3. There are some object that touch the UI (score bar, HP bar or combo bar). Please avoid it, 4:3 is considered as well. Applies to these objects: 00:06:725 (1) - 00:11:691 (2) - 01:11:277 (2) - 01:29:484 (1) - 01:42:725 (1) - 02:01:760 (4) - 02:09:208 (1) - 02:16:656 (2) - 02:22:449 (1) - 02:48:932 (1) - 02:49:346 (2) - 03:13:759 (2) -
    ow, I have actually changed most of these!
  4. 00:53:070 - I understand why the intro had 3/2 sliders. There was no other option. But I don't understand why you've chosen the same rhythm here if drums are introduced. It would help both hitsounding and the gameplay experience. There's so much potential in this part that I think it's a pity you chose the simplest way to map this part. For example at 00:58:036 (2) - you have an amazing opportunity for 1/1 repeat slider and the rest of this part is pretty much full of great rhythms, so I don't think sticking to one repetitive rhythm is any good here. Besides, the part at 01:36:105 - is completely different from this, while being exactly the same in the song. Both of these parts look very empty but have so much going on in the song.
    There are many options, I just chose the one I have right now, and I am also choosing to keep these rhythms the same, as I still want to focus the violin here and mix it with drums when I can, which is doable on harder diffs, but on an easy diff is too hard thus the mixing is absent

    And from my point of view, that amazing missed opportunity doesn't seem that amzing to me as it would destroy the rhythm structure

  5. From 01:36:105 - to 01:49:346 - , if you're going to keep the same style for these parts, you should at least get rid off 01:36:105 (1) - and 01:42:725 (1) - as they're introducing quite an insensible rhythm and they end on very insignificant, nearly inaudible sounds, but they both pass through loud sounds at 01:43:553 - and 01:36:932 - .
    If you really hate this, I have an alternative that I am happy to do, which is to replace the slider whith just one circle at the slider head, do you agree?

  6. The whole kiai until 02:38:587 - presents the same problem as the above. At a minimum, the hitsounds should be fixed as they're out of the song's structure.
    The kiai section, unlike above, I am not willing to fix. And you will have to be more specific about what needs to be fixing here, as I clearly fail to see, I am probably blinded by what I can see as the rhythm's structure though.
  7. 03:13:760 (2) - This slider should end at 03:14:587 - . There's essentially no reason why it would end on such an insignificant sound. Could even be a repeat slider if you like it.
    Sure! slider extended!


In the end, the biggest issue for me is the rhythm choice in Normal and hitsounding overall. There might also be a bit of a problem with the spread, I would personally say this should have a difficulty between Normal and Hard as your Hard is in the upper category of a Hard difficulties (that means, almost insane, not judging by the star rating by the way). You should definitely get more opinions on the spread if you disagree with this. Good luck!

Rhythm and hitsound are stuff that I won't change unless strong evidence that says that it is completely wrong arises.

About the diff spread I am willing to look into if more people agrees.

But who am I kidding? I have obviously become one of those obnoxious mappers that only thinks that I am right although the whole community are against my ideas. These last two mods have clearly shown me that I am unwanted in this community, so I probably won't bother

I did change some stuff from your mod (as per response), and I have updated it. If after all this you guys still think that the mapset is not worthy of being part of the community, then there is not much that I can be done. You already know what stuff I am willing to change (add spread if more people agrees with it) and what not (rhythms and hitsounds). Of course, there are other stuff that I might agree to change too (within reason, I am only closed minded with very peculiar stuff, and seems that the community don't like the few things I am picky about, ah well)

In any case, thank you so much for providing your time to look into this!

posted
Please, don't see mods on your maps as personal attacks. I try to treat every map the same, regardless of who mapped it or what mapping style you used. Saying you're not ''welcome in the community'' because people find some issues with your map isn't correct - I've already said that I really liked the map's structure and I'd like to help push it forward.

The thing is that the way you deal with concerns feels a bit evasive - instead of explaining why you think x idea is better, you just say "I wasnt aware there was only one way to approach x" or "I like my idea better". This doesn't really convince the modder because there's still no reason for them to think otherwise. Of course there are many ways to approach a rhythm, pattern, mapping choice etc. but that's why in modding people explain their ideas and why they think it suits/doesn't suit the map. That's the nature of a peer reviewing system. If you explained your choices a bit better I would be more capable of understanding why you did something and why it provides a good alternative to what I suggested, instead of being something that could be better.
posted

Voli wrote:

Please, don't see mods on your maps as personal attacks. I try to treat every map the same, regardless of who mapped it or what mapping style you used. Saying you're not ''welcome in the community'' because people find some issues with your map isn't correct - I've already said that I really liked the map's structure and I'd like to help push it forward.

The thing is that the way you deal with concerns feels a bit evasive - instead of explaining why you think x idea is better, you just say "I wasnt aware there was only one way to approach x" or "I like my idea better". This doesn't really convince the modder because there's still no reason for them to think otherwise. Of course there are many ways to approach a rhythm, pattern, mapping choice etc. but that's why in modding people explain their ideas and why they think it suits/doesn't suit the map. That's the nature of a peer reviewing system. If you explained your choices a bit better I would be more capable of understanding why you did something and why it provides a good alternative to what I suggested, instead of being something that could be better.
Why would I see the mods as personal attacks? Hopefully you have no reason to attack me ;(

My only complain from the mods is that some of the topics you guys have raised seems be narrow viewed, aka only one interpretation exists, and yours the one that is right. Hopefully mapping does not become something as uncreative and unimaginative that only allows one point of view.

More to the point though.

I think I have explained myself enough. The rhythm choices is because I have structured the song rhythm's in a very specific way, and I believe they are consistent enough throughout the whole map.

The way that I structure the rhythm is that I divide the song into sections, and then into smaller sections and smaller sections, and see which beats are recurring, see which beats are special, which beats is what give that specific section "personality". Of course, all of this is subjective and in this case, according to how I enjoy and interpret the music. I like to think that the rhythm used on my map is the same rhythm I would be using if I were to be playing an instrument for that song, and this does not mean that I will follow the score faithfully, but more like an added instrument to the song.

The problem is the other way around, you guys have not provided me enough reasonings to make me realize that my rhythm choices are wrong, as all of the reasonings seems to be open to how you interpret the music. I guess that the reason why I seem to be attacking is because basically all your comments translates to: you enjoy the music wrong, and that seems to be quite personal. In any case, I apologize if seem to be too aggressive.

Thus this leads to one conclusion I am having, osu! community does not accept people that enjoys music in a different way, I am part of the group that enjoys it differently, thus I am not welcomed. Should I stay and suffer or leave in hope for better? Or I could adapt, but meh, I am so dramatic ;)

Overall, excepting my rhythm choices and hitsounds, I believe I have been quite lenient, please correct me if I am wrong. Well, I am even open to some rhythm suggestion like 01:36:105 - to 01:49:346 - in easy as that rhythm do go along with my rhythm structure

pd: Also, you guys are probably right. I have asked almost all BNs, and I was rejected by all of them because 'I don't agree with some 'concept/rhythm/structure' choices, at least that was until I asked Voli and he kindly accepted, for which I really appreciate it. But this just disincentive me more from mapping, thus I should just stop as it is not appreciated.
posted
cuantas estrellas quieres para poner esto para ranked?
posted

Joe Castle wrote:

cuantas estrellas quieres para poner esto para ranked?
No necesito estrellas, necesito BNs ;(
posted
Pero necesitas inspiracion para seguir impulsando el mapa, no?

Cuántas estreshas quieres U W U
show more
Please sign in to reply.