forum

[resolved] Osu! crashes after exiting song results

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
- Physical -
Problem Details: After trying to click "back" from the song results menu, osu! freezes for a moment, then the screen turns black. After trying to exit the game by closing it, a crash message appears. The play which was finished beforehand will not appear on local ranking.

This has happened to me on on cutting-edge, on beta, and on stable.

This is what shows in the crash message (in stable):

Code
System.IO.IOException: ‏‏אין אפשרות ליצור את הספריה או את הקובץ.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at #cj.#pp.#Yyb(#bj , String )
at #cj.#pp.#Wyb(#bj , Boolean , Boolean )
at #dl.#il.#Iab()
at #dl.#il.Close(Boolean )
at #dl.#cl.Dispose(Boolean )
at #Lg.#Ng.#CJ(Object , EventArgs )
at #Lg.#Ng.#1I()
at #Lg.#Ng.#rs()
at #tb.#zb.#8s()
at #tb.#zb.#jt(Object , EventArgs )
at #tb.#Db.#Dt()
at #tb.#Tb.#Rv(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #tb.#Tb.Run()
at #tb.#zb.Run()
at #Lg.#mp.#Hyb(String , Boolean , Boolean )

Running on Windows 7.

osu! version: b20150414.2
RvNovae
Try updating osu!.
Try updating your video drivers.

You could also try using Beta, maybe that works out better there.

Does that occur everytime? Or does that just happen from time to time?
TheVileOne
This has nothing to do with video drivers. It crashed because it couldn't create a replay file. This is most likely a permissions issue with your replays directory or you have a conflicting filename somewhere. It would be helpful if you would replicate this on cutting edge.
RvNovae

TheVileOne wrote:

This has nothing to do with video drivers. It crashed because it couldn't create a replay file. This is most likely a permissions issue with your replays directory or you have a conflicting filename somewhere. It would be helpful if you would replicate this on cutting edge.
hmm yeah. That sounds a lot more appropriate.

Maybe you could try to repair the folder permissions in the option menu first then.
Topic Starter
- Physical -
Updated video drivers (just in case), repaired folder permissions, and changed to cutting-edge. Still the same.
VeilStar
If you copy your osu! installation folder (copy, not move) to a different directory, delete the Data folder (which is a hidden folder, set hidden folders to be visible in your windows folder options), then launch this second osu! and play a map on it, does it do the same thing? If not it's probably what TheVileOne said. In which case you could either try to change the folder permissions manually or rename the folder and copy/paste its contents into a new Data folder.
Topic Starter
- Physical -

VeilStar wrote:

If you copy your osu! installation folder (copy, not move) to a different directory, delete the Data folder (which is a hidden folder, set hidden folders to be visible in your windows folder options), then launch this second osu! and play a map on it, does it do the same thing? If not it's probably what TheVileOne said. In which case you could either try to change the folder permissions manually or rename the folder and copy/paste its contents into a new Data folder.
I've tried copying the installation folder to another drive, and weirdly enough, everything now functions normally. Nothing really changed, and I have no problem keeping it this way, so I think I'd rather just leave it as it is. Thanks for the help, didn't think it could be this simple.
VeilStar
It might have been a permissions issue then. Well, good that it's resolved anyway.
TheVileOne
This part of the code should no longer crash when my changes get accepted.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Attempt to fix crash at results screen. (TheVileOne)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150601.2cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.