Im going to respond to everything that is in this post cause it's a very lengthy one. Thanks for the constructive criticism by the way really appreciate it ^^. Now I will point out I'm on vacation till the 5th so I wont be able to start making changes until then. But I want to respond to it now because it is very helpful.
Overall there was really nothing that I would consider useless. Thanks for responding and helping Inori(also love your taiko skin)! c:
Inori wrote:Here's a couple things that I noticed.
- Your hitcircles are REALLY rough around the edges compared to other circular objects in your skin. It isn't noticeable during gameplay, just a little quirk I have while looking at skins.
Not sure what you mean by rough around the edges but I'm guessing you mean low resolution? I could try to make the resolution better.
- You have over 3 fonts in your skin, I recommend you only use 2 fonts so the skin will have a more unified look, same goes with the various colours while comparing elements.
That is a main rule in design isn't it xP. I could get rid of a font or two and replace them with ones I've already used.
- Some of your HD (2x) elements don't match the SD version, mainly notable with the ranking letters. Please fix this in the future.
I agree with you. I will fix it.
- PLEASE add an actual spinner meter. Although it looks nice without one, it can throw off the player especially on shorter spinners. An example would be to have a translucent circle as the spinner-background that the spinner-circle spins in. The spinner metre then fills in the background. Here's what it looks like in my WIP skin.In gameplay I can see how that would be useful. I could probably just change the spinner entirely and make a new one.
Also, although your spinner-background image is mainly transparent, this doesn't work correctly unless you add this to your skin.iniSpinnerFadePlayfield: 0Will do.
- Your skin.ini file is really outdated. Refer to this spreadsheet to update it as well as add the elements you are currently missing/plan to add.
Might take awhile to go over and update it but it will make it more current so I will do this.
- Some elements only have their 2x counterparts. This will cause the images to be overly large while if the player isn't in HighResolution mode.
Didn't think that I missed any. I'll go back and look to add SD.
- Make the .psds downloadable on their own in the OP. The PSD's add bloat to the .osk. Most likely, people won't be needing these unless they want to customize the skin on their own.
That would make the download smaller and more useful to people. I'll make it a separate download in the next version.
- The glow/highlight on "selection-mode-over.png" doesn't cover the entire image. The 2x one is fine.What a silly mistake xP
- Resize the back button. It clips behind the mode selector on 4:3 resolutions.Woops on me again...
- Doesn't really need to be done but replace all blank images with 1x1 ones.
- 300 and 300g/k are missing from the ranking panel. If you use "hit#-0.png" This will allow the element to not show during gameplay while "hit#.png" only shows on the ranking panel or during multiplayer.
I didn't even know you could do that o.o
- the #K.ini file contents are stored inside "skin.ini" now. Delete the #k.ini files.
Leftover from the base probably. I'll delete them.
- finish.wav and hitcircle 3.wav are unused.
I'll fix that as well.
Other than that, it's a really nice skin. (Thank you c:) It just needs some polish and it'll be even better.
Also, that failsound is glorious. Never change it. (Everyone loves that failsound c:)