forum

Is it even worth to keep playing ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Momo]
First off all plz dont say play more yes my acc have 1k play count but ive been playing offline for 9 mounths to becoe better
Now what i mean with the ultimate wall is that i havent improved a single bit past 7 mounths i cant keep better combo cant snap better or even play harder maps even if i try to everyday
I played around 150-300 plays a day last 4 mounths i hope to imrpove even a bit still nothing any tips ?
My guess is that my total play count whould be around 40-50k ish with retry and no matter how much i played i havent improved a bit even if i played harder maps and pratise stuff i suck on
I submitted my plays last few days reached rank 74k and its really pathetic for someone who played so much
Oddwel
Your playcount doesn't affect your performance.

You try too hard.

Instead of aiming at improving so much, try focusing on playing for fun. Just play the game, and the training will happen overtime.

I've been playing for 5 years or more now. Been stuck at level 97 for 2 of those years, never gave up because the game was fun, and ended up beating my records.

If you focus on the performance, you'll lose the purpose of the game, which is rythm. Now, I'm not a pro player, but I find it sad that people seek score and performance over just "being able to keep up the rythm". Think of your game as a music instrument. Playing your instrument only practicing the technique will do you no good. You need to feel the music too.

Know what I mean ? :3
Topic Starter
[Momo]

Oddwel wrote:

Your playcount doesn't affect your performance.

You try too hard.

Instead of aiming at improving so much, try focusing on playing for fun. Just play the game, and the training will happen overtime.

I've been playing for 5 years or more now. Been stuck at level 97 for 2 of those years, never gave up because the game was fun, and ended up beating my records.

If you focus on the performance, you'll lose the purpose of the game, which is rythm. Now, I'm not a pro player, but I find it sad that people seek score and performance over just "being able to keep up the rythm". Think of your game as a music instrument. Playing your instrument only practicing the technique will do you no good. You need to feel the music too.

Know what I mean ? :3
You got a point abouth me tho
PakaChan
How do you know how much you played if you didn't play online?
Topic Starter
[Momo]

PakaChan wrote:

How do you know how much you played if you didn't play online?
It is just an guess but i think i was around 300-400 plays a day last mounths or so
Daborgia
Soo lets analyze your plays:

You have some good plays, but:

If map is much faster aka bpm>170 then you begin too screw up bigtime -> Most B Ranks
Ar9 or so is not the biggest prob you have ( u even have a ar 9.8 map)
If Insane-Level ( 4-4.5) u really losing aim and acc so i think its because of doubles/triples/streams

I can´t watch your plays but i think a good way to solve your prob is:

you have to practise more on those upper named Insane-only techniques.
You need to improve on your tapping speed ( 180 bpm tapping 160 streamspeed is enough for most insanes at your level)

After that you can work on your acc. First you´ll need the basics and then you can refine them but the most important aspect and advice i can give you:

Have freaking fun!
I Give Up
Play more. Don't think. Push button. Believe.
Yuudachi-kun

Sichurin wrote:

If map is much faster aka bpm>170 then you begin too screw up bigtime -> Most B Ranks
If Insane-Level ( 4-4.5) u really losing aim and acc so i think its because of doubles/triples/streams

You need to improve on your tapping speed ( 180 bpm tapping 160 streamspeed is enough for most insanes at your level)

After that you can work on your acc. First you´ll need the basics and then you can refine them but the most important aspect and advice i can give you:

Have freaking fun!

Analyse me too >.<
dung eater
Might be worth it to learn how to stream slow first. Finger control is hard.
pandaBee
Quality over quantity when it comes to practice. Half an hour to two hours a day is all you need. Practice smart practice efficient and have fun. Analyze your weaknesses and strengthen them. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
Yuudachi-kun
If you have a strong chain with a link link, once the link breaks you're left with a strong chain.
ZenithPhantasm
Play smart more
Daborgia

Kheldragar wrote:

Sichurin wrote:

Have freaking fun!

Analyse me too >.<
Okay well...

Watch out. Your account infos says you are 100 years old...so good news: Rsi is no problem for you...bad news: Every choke of you is a 30% chance of dying because of heartinsufficients ;)
Zare
The answer is simple

Do you enjoy playing even still or do you get frustrated over the fact that you can't seem to improve anymore?
When I realized I reached my physical limits i stopped playing actively and never since got a mention-worthy score anymore, because I just didn't have any fun anymore.
Deva
If you arent having fun at all and are playing just to improve quit this very moment.
Rilium
Yeah you have to enjoy the game, play what you are able to. If you're tired, stop play and if you feel like playing just play
It's really hard to believe you have 50k pc and didn't improve in the past mounths since i improved so freaking much in just 20k plays
You may have forced yourself too much, that's just a game and i don't think you thought about this like that. It also happens to me sometimes but i just get bad and can't play properly when i'm mad cause of miss, sliderb or anything else (pretending to fc things that are just too hard for me at the moment, etc..). You need to think positive and don't run, many pro players played for many years so you probably don't have a correct perception of the time you need for improve the much you want to.
It also depends from player to player since somehow improving at osu! is something physical
DahplA

HK_ wrote:

If you arent having fun at all and are playing just to improve quit this very moment.
This. Also, the fact that you are believing that there is this so-called "wall" is restricting you. That term is so overused. No one hits a wall, and if you think you have, then the only wall you've hit is your lack of positive mindset.
Pituophis
If you're having fun playing, yes it's worth it. It is just a game after all. You've been at this "wall" for less than 2 weeks. I hit a "wall" almost 2 months ago, still stuck, still playing. lol
Karuta-_old_1
Just play when you feel like doing it, NEVER GIVE UP
trebby
osu! is a game. You can't keep stressing about it, you're supposed to have fun.
Infevo
Why play offline if noone can really help you not seeing how much and what you play? Start playing online and come back in a month.
Yuudachi-kun

DahplA wrote:

HK_ wrote:

This. Also, the fact that you are believing that there is this so-called "wall" is restricting you. That term is so overused. No one hits a wall, and if you think you have, then the only wall you've hit is your lack of positive mindset.

Where's my wall? Yeah, it doesn't exist either. Why quit if improving feels soooo goooood.
show more