forum

College course and why ? If HS what do u plan on ?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Foxtrot

lol wrote:

studying computer science, considering changing to something that cant be learnt in your bedroom at 15 years old though
programming? you're kind of already doing it lol
Yuudachi-kun
Computer science is suck
Hibiya-chan
Planning to take BS Astronomy. My only problem if there will be jobs open for the finished course after college :? :? :?
Sayorie

_StormEx_ wrote:

Planning to take BS Astronomy. My only problem if there will be jobs open for the finished course after college :? :? :?
From which university? @_@
Rilene
Art and Design, and no anime art will be there.
Rurree

Arthraxium wrote:

_StormEx_ wrote:

If I remember correctly only, only UP Diliman has BS Astronomy.
Shohei Ohtani

Rilene wrote:

there's gonna be anime art just gonna let you know right now

even if its not you

there's always that one weird chick that does Art and just draws weird weeaboo shit
Hibiya-chan

Rurree wrote:

Arthraxium wrote:

I don't think so. But true there is only one university that offers the course. That's Rizal Technological University (RTU) at Mandaluyong.
Rilene

CDFA wrote:

Rilene wrote:

there's gonna be anime art just gonna let you know right now

even if its not you

there's always that one weird chick that does Art and just draws weird weeaboo shit
ok then maybe i can still secretly reveal my weeb side safely
Sayorie

Rurree wrote:

I'm residing at the National Institute of Physics in UP Diliman and I never heard anything about an Astronomy course. There is, rather, an Astronomical Society here with a big-ass telescope. Which is cool.
Hika
Oh, this thread is still up.
Just thought I'd update that I'm possibly thinking about getting three degrees for my own benefit since I currently work one of my jobs completely out of my major.
Still doing CS, not sure if theoretical or hardware analysis. I know for physics I'm sticking to astronomy. Maybe even theoretical physics. I'm going to get certified for drafting fire alarm floor plans.

Still wish I did math as a major however lol
Exile
Currently taking up Computer Science. It's fun and interesting
Rurree

Arthraxium wrote:

Rurree wrote:

I'm residing at the National Institute of Physics in UP Diliman and I never heard anything about an Astronomy course. There is, rather, an Astronomical Society here with a big-ass telescope. Which is cool.
Seems like I'm wrong then. That's cool though.
chaee

Hika wrote:

Oh, this thread is still up.
Just thought I'd update that I'm possibly thinking about getting three degrees for my own benefit since I currently work one of my jobs completely out of my major.
Still doing CS, not sure if theoretical or hardware analysis. I know for physics I'm sticking to astronomy. Maybe even theoretical physics. I'm going to get certified for drafting fire alarm floor plans.

Still wish I did math as a major however lol

wow smarty pants can i have your life :00
Hika
I would let you have it but it seems like I'm the only person enthusiastic and suicidal enough to love math and physics
I'm not smart I just work too hard to memorize shit :u
Sayorie
So much CS people here :O
Kiririn-shin
Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy :)
Hika

Arthraxium wrote:

So much CS people here :O
I don't think CS is very far off either for people who are on a computer all the damn time :p
abraker
Studying computer engineering technology. I actually debated between this and CS for some time and chose this since most CS stuff can be learned online, which I already do. Computer engineering involves knowing the hardware and having that hardware to work with, and unless you believe that RAM can be downloaded, such hardware (FPGA's) are not free. As a result, I would have had low odds of learning such stuff if I've chosen CS. So yea and I hope to get a job as an embedded systems developer someday.
BagnoGamer
I quit high school 4 years ago, abandoned degrees and I don't regret it. I'm pretty damn successful. A degree won't land you a job, your skills will - so don't you go to the damn college with intention to get a job. I have plans to go for Mixing/Mastering Engineer/Sound Engineer at some point just because I'm interested to learn more about this.
Kvathe

Firebridge wrote:

Im taking up BS Computer Science , cuz i failed my first option .-. lololol which was biology
iktf bro. I'm a senior and was just suspended from the mechanical engineering pro school for one year (bad grades) so I switched to computer science. Although I enjoy CS I also really miss engineering, it was a lot more challenging and I felt like the things I was learning were more significant. Unfortunately I'm an awful student and I don't think I would be able to complete my engineering degree with my current study habits.

(Posting this at 5am while procrastinating on a project I should have completed a week ago)