forum

Skinning FAQ

posted
Total Posts
show more
[ GraciouS ]

What skin help me :)
Kaeru
To what extent can we include ecchi in our skins provided we have a disclaimer? Must all pictures be censored, or is partial nudity allowed if there are warnings?
Jenny
Anyone having an idea on how to enlarge normal skins to X2 res ones without screwing them up?

In other words: How to properly scale SD skins to HD skins, if possible?
HeX The Cat
I have problem with comboburst sounds: for some reason they aren't played in my mixed skin. I've tried to find if I'm missing something important part(s) from skin folder by browsing through it and comparing to other skin folders but haven't found anything missing.. is there something I should edit in my skin.ini or do I need something additional file in my skin folder?

Nvm, found the problem. ^^
SonicX171
How to force approachcircle.png to a custom color? I mean all skin elements are stay neon-blue, but approach circle changes color by beatmap combo color settings.
I'm sorry if I missed it.
chelly

SonicX171 wrote:

How to force approachcircle.png to a custom color? I mean all skin elements are stay neon-blue, but approach circle changes color by beatmap combo color settings.
I'm sorry if I missed it.
Hmm... I don't think there's a way to do exactly what you said. Approach circle colors match the color of the hit circle, so you could try going into skin.ini and use only one hit circle color. That way, all hit circles will be of the same color and the same should apply to the approach circles.

If you want multiple colored hit circles but only one approach circle color, you're screwed.
Spirialis
Hi. I don't entirely remember where I got it, but I've been using the "Audiophile" skin by xsrsbsns and ever since the last patch, I've been getting circles showing up on all of my sliders that are a bit distracting. It would seem to be the hitcircleoverlay.png not resizing correctly for some reason, so a small circle shows up at the beginning and end circle of every slider, as shown in the image below. I've been using this skin for a good while now and had no problems before the last patch, so any help in fixing the problem would be appreciated!

henna kappa
When I'm downloading skins from the forums I get the folder with everything for the skin and sometimes the .osk file even if I don't, I make it myself like explained in the forums but most of the skins won't make changes ing. What am I doing wrong? .__.

chelly

Kyrgyzstan wrote:

Hi. I don't entirely remember where I got it, but I've been using the "Audiophile" skin by xsrsbsns and ever since the last patch, I've been getting circles showing up on all of my sliders that are a bit distracting. It would seem to be the hitcircleoverlay.png not resizing correctly for some reason, so a small circle shows up at the beginning and end circle of every slider, as shown in the image below. I've been using this skin for a good while now and had no problems before the last patch, so any help in fixing the problem would be appreciated!

Wow long time. A little late, but this is Hit Lighting that has been enabled in the Options for you. Turn it off and you should be fine.
Francis
lobby-background.png, matchsetup-background.png and search-background.png doesn't seem to load for me.
What do I do? :(
Yukyy
Only supporters can see those. ;3
ByAKUSHiKi-103

Does someone know this skin ?

I'm desperately looking for this
- Darky
Hi!

I hope I'm in the right forum now :oops: ...

I am looking for this purple/dark-spider themed skin, it seemed similar to a Touhou skin to me.

The skip-button was a spider.

Please help me out, I need that skin :(

Thanks in advance. :D
Ayesha Altugle

Unslarkbar wrote:

Hi!

I hope I'm in the right forum now :oops: ...

I am looking for this purple/dark-spider themed skin, it seemed similar to a Touhou skin to me.

The skip-button was a spider.

Please help me out, I need that skin :(

Thanks in advance. :D

Deleted

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/131906?hilit=Abstract
xeriom49667

how to change the words"player"???

please help me >< :?:
Jackyyy

xeriom49667 wrote:

how to change the words"player"???

please help me >< :?:
t/115736 This thread has the instructions on how to change the text.
xeriom49667
t/115736 This thread has the instructions on how to change the text.[/quote]

sorry...I tried....
but my poor English cann't help to solve it....
Ayesha Altugle

xeriom49667 wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/115736 This thread has the instructions on how to change the text.
sorry...I tried....
but my poor English cann't help to solve it....[/quote]
you did not read rules that from the readme!!!!
deadbeat
@xeriom49667, you need photoshop or another program that can open .psd files
that player text is part of an image. the only way to change it is to open up the image and replace the text with something else.
prometheus_v

EliteBeatAgents wrote:

i need help when i use WinZIP and save my skin into the skins folder, i get a error that either the end name is unknown and the file is corrupted or dameged in winzip. How do i fix this?
PLEASE HELP LUIGIHANN I DONT WANT TO ONLY HAVE A DEFALT! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|
Woah ! Emoji spam !