forum

need a suggestion for keyboard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_-INFECTED
I really need to buy a new keyboard, the problem is, i don't know wich one to buy, Razer Blackwidow Tournament 2014 , steelseries 6g v2, ozone strike battle.
I never used a mecha keyboard so i really would like some suggestions.
Fell free to post your's :D and tell me if you prefer another keyboard (Tho im kinda short on money so on the same price range plz :3)
bigfeh
Out of these, definitely the 6gv2. the BW14 is just bad iirc and Ozone is kinda meh

Besides, the 6Gv2 is, simply put, an incredible keyboard. Can't go wrong with it
Topic Starter
_-INFECTED

bigfeh wrote:

Out of these, definitely the 6gv2. the BW14 is just bad iirc and Ozone is kinda meh

Besides, the 6Gv2 is, simply put, an incredible keyboard. Can't go wrong with it
yeah it looks simply but its preety .-.
drum drum
moved to gameplay & rankings

read this next time
ZenithPhantasm
Get this
trebby
Corsair K70. You can't go wrong with that.
7ambda

You will become the next Cookiezi instantly.
shortpotato
Don't buy Razer

source: I have blackwidow 2014
Topic Starter
_-INFECTED

drum drum wrote:

moved to gameplay & rankings

read this next time
sorry about that :p

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Get this
Any opinion about it? :3
Bauxe

_-INFECTED wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Get this
Any opinion about it? :3
CM keyboards are very popular. I don't suggest the TK since it has no arrow keys, unless you want a smaller keyboard.
ZenithPhantasm

Bauxe wrote:

CM keyboards are very popular. I don't suggest the TK since it has no arrow keys, unless you want a smaller keyboard.
The arrow keys and function block is integrated into the numpad. Numlock alters the function of the keys.
Topic Starter
_-INFECTED

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

The arrow keys and function block is integrated into the numpad. Numlock alters the function of the keys.
True, and i don't really use the arrow keys that often.
Yuudachi-kun
Mate, get the CM quickfire ultimate.

Also, get on my arrow key usage level:

ZenithPhantasm

Kheldragar wrote:

Mate, get the CM quickfire ultimate.

Also, get on my arrow key usage level:

The feeling when you dont touch your WASD keys >:O
Yuudachi-kun
W - 29k
A - 99k
S - 79k
D - 39k

Right arrow - 2.8M
Down arrow - 834k
Up arrow - 19k
Left arrow - 39k
Nyxa
I use a Cherry MX-Board 3.0 with reds, it plays great for me but I never tried any other mechs so I wouldn't know how to tell. Still I doubt a keyboard made by Cherry itself would be that much worse than keyboards that use Cherry keys.
Topic Starter
_-INFECTED

Tess wrote:

I use a Cherry MX-Board 3.0 with reds, it plays great for me but I never tried any other mechs so I wouldn't know how to tell. Still I doubt a keyboard made by Cherry itself would be that much worse than keyboards that use Cherry keys.
First time im seeing one .-.
ZenithPhantasm
The Cherry MX Board 3.0 is nice. Iirc its also pcb mounted so you can change the switches without having to solder.
Topic Starter
_-INFECTED

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

The Cherry MX Board 3.0 is nice. Iirc its also pcb mounted so you can change the switches without having to solder.
Is it confortable?
ZenithPhantasm

_-INFECTED wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Is it confortable?
I dont own that keyboard but I do own a different low profile mechanical keyboard. I find it really comfortable as I can hover my fingers and reach almost every typing key while keeping my hands planted on the desk.
Topic Starter
_-INFECTED

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I dont own that keyboard but I do own a different low profile mechanical keyboard. I find it really comfortable as I can hover my fingers and reach almost every typing key while keeping my hands planted on the desk.
A friend of a friend was going to sell me a new razer blackwiddow 2013 (Its of trust, he got other keyboard for MMORPG aka WoW so he don't use the razer), though its blue switches, some say that blue ones are not ideal for Osu, if it was easy and i could exchange like 5 switches for reds it would be perfect... don't know if i can do that easily on a razer...
ZenithPhantasm
Im 99.9% sure that Razer platemount all their switches so you would have to desolder the switches, swap them out, then solder on the reds. I suggest you do it on the numpad because almost no one uses their numpad
Topic Starter
_-INFECTED

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Im 99.9% sure that Razer platemount all their switches so you would have to desolder the switches, swap them out, then solder on the reds. I suggest you do it on the numpad because almost no one uses their numpad
That looks likee trouble .-. tho the keyboard is really cheap and it was barely used, never tried a mechanical tho, so don't know if i like the feel of the switches.
The Gambler
If you want osu only, I don't see why you would need more than 3 buttons, so why not support him instead? And I think this is pretty cool too.

Or if you want full-sized I'd go with CM storm. I wouldn't recommend the TK though as it is rather tall; instead I own a Rapid. Maybe go XT if you want full-sized.
ZenithPhantasm

_-INFECTED wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

That looks likee trouble .-. tho the keyboard is really cheap and it was barely used, never tried a mechanical tho, so don't know if i like the feel of the switches.
I would buy a switch tester kit if I were you
It would save you from return fees and buyer's remorse