forum

Im planning on doing mouse only gameplay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Firebridge
so yeah i just started like 12 days ago i tried using my tablet but it was like nah , tried using my mouse with my keyboard but my left hand is just plain retarded (since i hold the mouse with my right ) then i tried mouse only gameplay and i found it way easier than everything i tried so far , so for those people who use mouses only , will this pay off in the long run or nah ?
B1rd
It'll be easier in the short run and much more difficult in the long run.

this belongs in gameplay and rankings.
Topic Starter
Firebridge
damnn so i need to learn how to use my keyboard huh ? ;n;
Yuudachi-kun
No please, play mouse only and become the best 6 digit of all time.
E m i
you don't need to
but it'll give you a higher skill ceiling 8-)
B1rd

Firebridge wrote:

damnn so i need to learn how to use my keyboard huh ? ;n;
Basically in terms of difficulty, mouse only> mouse> tablet. It's possible to get good with a mouse, but you'll be a bit less good than if you were using a tablet and keyboard.
Topic Starter
Firebridge
U know what guys ? Ill take that advice :D I somehow want to be the best mouse only player , hopefully enough training will pay off , i dont wanna force myself to do what i dont want to anyway :> so does anyone here use mouse only though ?
Kouya-
That be interesting to see an extremely good mouse only player .
Topic Starter
Firebridge
what are the advantages of keyboards and tablets ? just enlighten me pls .-. :)
a1l2d3r4e5d6
I'm not the best at explaining things, so you have to bear with me. :p

Keyboards split the work between your two hands (One hand deals with clicking and the other deals with aiming). This means that you're not overworking one hand with both aiming and clicking. It's also easier on harder maps where you're having to need to rapidly click more hitcircles.

Tablet has that 1:1 tracking so aiming becomes more precise. You also won't suffer from the problem of mouse drift and the constant re-positioning and re-adjusting of your grip on the mouse.
Vapor
however splitting your work between both hands requires your left hand to have some sense of rhythm in it, which if you're anything like me, it probably doesn't

playing mouse only however, allows you to eat a sandwich while you play scarlet rose
bigfeh
mouse only gameplay is harder than most other playstyles but it can get you as far as any other way to play the game, we've been through this already

it's just really, really difficult. Streaming on the keyboard is a literal nobrainer
drum drum
Moved to Gameplay & Rankings
XgenSlayer
I eat sandwiches while playing Airman all day :^)

In all seriousness, mouse only is definitely possible to get good with, but the two main problems are streams/stamina and stability. Even worse, the more spaced the stream is, the more stamina it drains. It's something that will take a long time to get good at.

Whether or not you plan to stick with mouse only, have fun. I hope that didn't sound sarcastic.
usa
I'll tell you the pros/cons of mouse only and why people use mouse/kb and tablets.

Mouse only Cons:
1) Expect massive mouse drift (aka. mouse positional displacement from your original position, which often leaves your arms and wrist in an awkward position).
To help with this, you're going to need a very light mouse and/or a very large comfortable surface, and a lot of control/muscle. Also, if more than anything, you're going to have to learn to play with your hand in awkward positions.

2) Speed at which you can click.
It's tough to aim with a mouse as it is. It's tough to aim while clicking, which causes the massive mouse drifts. It's worse when you try to spam your clicks and ALTERNATE clicking while aiming. Ideally, you want a mouse with very light weight switch and a good comfortable grip that will allow you click very easily.

3) Combine the two above factors together, and you're going to have a bad time on streams, small cs, and SPACED Streams.

Mouse only Pros:
1) Everything is on one hand.
Less mental processing and you don't have to divide your attention to your keyboard hand, but in the end does cause more strain to your mouse hand.

2) Mouse switches are generally more responsive than keyboard switches (unless mech keyboard). Also faster to click than a keyboard.

So why do people not main mouse only and go keyboard?
Mouse drift, streams/high bpm, hand strain
deletemyaccount
Friendan

Firebridge wrote:

i found it way easier than everything i tried so far
As you get to harder songs, your clicking starts to get messed up with smaller CS sizes and more notes, streams, and jumps if you go moues only. This is because each time you click, you mouse's movement gets messed up.
Alucard
You won't be able to click the notes fast enough on harder songs.
ZenithPhantasm

Alucard wrote:

Thats a myth. I can singletapclick far faster mouse only then I could if I used my keyboard. The same applies to streams but my aim takes a huge hit when I hold my mouse with only my thumb and pinky.
Yuudachi-kun

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Alucard wrote:

but my aim takes a huge hit
B1rd

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Alucard wrote:

Thats a myth. I can singletapclick far faster mouse only then I could if I used my keyboard. The same applies to streams but my aim takes a huge hit when I hold my mouse with only my thumb and pinky.
It's not a myth. It is harder to click faster with a mouse.
uberpancake
If I remember correctly, haven't mouse buttons got like twice the actuation force of keyboard buttons?

Anyway mouse-only is a niche and harder playstyle but don't expect to become the best easily just because of that. Sawagani and pyonta are both around the rank 200 mark atm and well, that rank is godly for keyboard players too.
Alucard

Philantropist wrote:

That is really impressive!

To the replies, it seems I was proven wrong.
But I will say that it does seem hard to pick up as opposed to mouse and keyboard.
Either way, very interesting.