forum

Draw the Emotional & Foreground Eclipse - Stay by my side

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
paulettelapoule
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
UltraRik
So this is your first beatmap?
Well it's better than my first map lol.

For starters, turn on Distance Snap, you needto have DS enabled to map easy, normal and hard difficulties.
Each note should be as far from note before it as Distance Snap puts it. You can also hold 'alt' in editor to change your distance snap
sepending on difficulty of the map.
Your offset is 6342 but i think it should be around 5700 (i'm not sure tho)
Due to the offset, most of your notes are on blue tics. This should rarely happen,
mostly all notes on Easy and normal diffs go on white and red tics.

Your slider velocity is at 0.5, that's too low even for a normal difficulty.

When mapping a hard difficulty avoid overlapping ( 00:34:890 (9,10) - )

You can also use CTRL+SHIFT+A to open AImod in editor, which tells you everything you shoul fix with the map,
click "check distance snap" to get a list of all the notes that are too close or far apart.

You still have a lot to learn, I made 6 beatmaps and still haven't got any ranked :D
Maybe im just a noob ;w;

Theese are just some tips to help you,
As long as you keep mapping ,you'll get better ^^
If you have any questions, you can send a PM :P
Good luck
Topic Starter
paulettelapoule

UltraRik wrote:

So this is your first beatmap?
Well it's better than my first map lol.
Thank you for stopping by to respond to my thread!!
I started using DS now thanks to you, and it's so helpful compared to before when I had to count the grid's boxes like a 7 year old xD

The offset was actually 484 according to some of the modders who checked out my beatmap yesterday, so that's what I put :) now the notes mainly are on white and red ticks, but I still got a few blue ticks that I got to deal with before being officially done :D

The slider speed has also been changed from 0.5 to 1.2 for the time being, I'm having a loot of fun redoing all the sliders (not really, but since I have to rework the patterns with DS anyway it doesn't matter ^^)

Thanks again for giving me your feedback, it's much appreciated and very helpful :3
Seni
Hi, big Draw the Emotional and Foreground Eclipse fan here.

Just some general stuff:

In a hard you should use less click circles than you are using, and a lot more sliders.

00:13:984 (3)
00:15:484 (5)
00:37:984 (4)
00:40:234 (2) - Try to avoid sliders like these. They don't look very appealing + there aren't any sounds in this song where such a slider would fit. After all this is only a hard, and most of your sliders should be simple.

00:55:046 (1) - Overlaps like this aren't really good either. A Hard diff shouldn't have many overlaps anyways.

Some of the jumps are too far and/or really awkward for new players who play hard difficulties.

Don't forget to set a preview point (My suggestion would be 00:42:015)

Timing -> Set Current Position As Preview Point

Ok now some random things I noticed:

00:59:546 (2) - The 1/4 beats in this song start on this tick, remove the click and replace it with a return slider like the ones right after it.

00:00:859 (1) - This spinner should start on 00:00:484

00:15:484 (5) - This slider should end on the red tick, not blue

00:07:046 (4) - This would be really awkward to play for someone who is still learning (people this difficulty is meant for). You can replace the last click with a slider and connect the jumps to make it play better (of course this is not the only place you can use this, you can use it on a lot of places in your map).

+ It would be a really good idea to use grid snap. It will help you make the jumps look A LOT tidier.

00:28:421 (1) - I suggest making this spinner like this to emphasize the music:

gl
Topic Starter
paulettelapoule

[ Seni ] wrote:

Hi, big Draw the Emotional and Foreground Eclipse fan here.

Hi, thanks for your input!

I'm actually going to uncrook the sliders following your suggestion and I also changed the spinners as you were totally right!
However, the reason why there are this many jumps is because I used both the grid snap and distance snap options, and after having entirely redone the map about 3 or 4 times in the past 35 hours I'm willing to leave it as it is, jumpy :D it should be a good jumping training xD
I did add some sliders earlier today because I had a hard time playing the map (I'm still a noob, so my level is between normal and hard)
Manysi
Is this map actual?
If it is than i can do a lunatic diff for you.
Topic Starter
paulettelapoule

Sailexk wrote:

Is this map actual?
If it is than i can do a lunatic diff for you.
I've put it on pause while I learn more about the way beatmaps are done and it's become kind of a mixed project with another mapper, but if you're willing to work on it there's no problem :)