forum

Sweaty Hands

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Toph
Sometimes, when the song is so long and intense, or if it's just hot, my hand starts to sweat and that causes the pen to slide to the tip of my fingers, making it much more difficult to play (especially when the break is far away!).

I'm kinda assuming you all get this problem every now and then. What do you guys do?

Should I get a pen with better grip or is there no hope for me and my sweaty hands?
Mahogany
I just hold my pen in a very tight grip and that prevents it from moving. Then again, I don't sweat much, so our situations might be different.
bigfeh
I take 10mg of oxybutynin chloride every morning. It has helped
Astrofiziks
firmly grasp it
OzzyOzrock

Astrofiziks wrote:

firmly grasp it
FIRMLY GRASP IT!
trebby
Be like this guy and grab the pen with a tissue.
pandaBee
Chalk your palms for that iron grip.
ZenithPhantasm
If you use mouse get this:

If you use tablet get this:

Only the cool kids at school use them
7ambda
Don't get nervous. Being nervous = faster heartrate, higher stress, and perspiration.
Karuta-_old_1

F1r3tar wrote:

Don't get nervous. Being nervous = faster heartrate, higher stress, and perspiration.
I wash it off, staying calm also helps a lot
Multtari
Absolut Torr antiperspirant

Using this almost daily. Only ships to EU tho' but see if you can find another shop with same/similar product.
xasuma

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

That doesn't fit a tablet pen though, since the tablet pen if thicker. I guess you can molds it perhaps with some heat?

Anyways, try a desk fan pointing at your hand.
Topic Starter
Toph

xasuma wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

That doesn't fit a tablet pen though, since the tablet pen if thicker. I guess you can molds it perhaps with some heat?

Anyways, try a desk fan pointing at your hand.
I was thinking about trying to this out, but the problem that you just stated came to mind. Definitely gonna try a desk fan though.

Multtari wrote:

Absolut Torr antiperspirant

Using this almost daily. Only ships to EU tho' but see if you can find another shop with same/similar product.
I couldn't find that specific brand in America, but I'm pretty sure I found the equivalent. It was pretty cheap so I went ahead and ordered it. I hope it works out well.
dung eater
wear less clothes, drink a lot of water

boxers and socks are optimal for me
usa

Zechari wrote:

Sometimes, when the song is so long and intense, or if it's just hot, my hand starts to sweat and that causes the pen to slide to the tip of my fingers, making it much more difficult to play (especially when the break is far away!).
air conditioning, fan, less clothing, you're sitting on a chair moving your hands this is not physically intensive enough to warrant your heart to go doki doki and sweat sphagetti
aeeiku
calm your shit and play/see osu more for fun... why sweating? it's not that competitive really XD
bigfeh

jake2 wrote:

calm your shit and play/see osu more for fun... why sweating? it's not that competitive really XD
you do realise sweating is an involuntary body function, do you not?
aeeiku

bigfeh wrote:

jake2 wrote:

you do realise sweating is an involuntary body function, do you not?
in my opinion one of the only things that makes osu hard is tensing up and being nervous, if he had a problem with his palms/hands sweating he would have known about it before playing osu
Mahogany
Being tense allows me to snap extremely quickly which is the entire basis of my aim which is the only thing I'm good at.
bigfeh

jake2 wrote:

in my opinion one of the only things that makes osu hard is tensing up and being nervous, if he had a problem with his palms/hands sweating he would have known about it before playing osu
not sure about how you can even have an opinion as to what causes sweating when said reasons are already known

but yes, physical and/or mental stress is one of the things that can cause sweating

keyword being one. it's nowhere near being the only one, that's just common sense

and he did not mention not having problems elsewhere
Topic Starter
Toph

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Being tense allows me to snap extremely quickly which is the entire basis of my aim which is the only thing I'm good at.
That's interesting! I am able to move quickly but my aim goes down tremendously, when I'm tense.

jake2 wrote:

I do play for fun, though.
ZenithPhantasm
Being tense is terrible for the long run because of RSI
Yuudachi-kun

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I singletapped 260+ and streamed 240+ for about an hour straight with maps these last few days. Still no RSI.
ZenithPhantasm

Kheldragar wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I singletapped 260+ and streamed 240+ for about an hour straight with maps these last few days. Still no RSI.
Something tells me you didnt read what I wrote.
Yuudachi-kun
Something tells me you don't realise I need to tense my wrist and arm to do that speed.
show more