forum

Gaining ranks on ceratin mods

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-
Topic with pretty interesting question:

How you guys think, is it possible to actualy gain ranks up to top by playing ONLY Hidden + Hard Rock (eventualy Flashlight)?

Why i am throwing this topic. Actualy PP count is growing up and by knowladge took from wiki / pp topic on forum, DT/NC as additional mod is most profitable way to farm huge amount of pp. Some people in forum was writing that you need to play DT if you want to gain pp at some point (cba now to find exact quote).

So i would like to discuss how you see gaining ranks via only 2 mods - HDHR considering that you are not able to play DT/NC, literaly you are not able to play this and you will never be.
Reason: DT/NC makes music to be distorted, your ears cannot handle shit distorted music, you cannot handle this mods via how music sounds by them.Please don't come with "it's a rhythm game" becouse answer is pretty simple: Yes it is, but it's also a music game, not random mixed sounds which can be played at any speed and it doesn't matter how this shit taste.

In my personal opinion: At actual point, it is hard and very challenging, also player who decide to gain pp only with this 2 mods and avoid playing any DT will progress a lot slower on ceratin point than random DT/NC pp farmer.

What's your opinion?
Please keep it constructive for nice discussion.
E m i
ofc it's possible... just cherry pick nomod maps for od9 8-)
and there are some """easy pp farming maps""" like minamichita evolved too
Barusamikosu
(HD)HR can get you a lot of PP for good accuracy, but the learning curve is huge. Don't neglect nomod or you'll have trouble with lower AR and high note density.

[ Momiji ] wrote:

and there are some """easy pp farming maps""" like minamichita evolved too
The sliders at the end fail me every time. :(
Endaris
You aren't even close to a pp-count where you have to worry about getting pp with something else than no-mod-plays.
And you won't be for another 6 months if you keep your pace.
And in 6 months you might even be willing to play DT.
Aside from that, just check thelewa, his topplays are HDHR throughout the board with very few HDDT/DT/Nomod-Plays inbetween.
So yes, you can get to #10 with HDHR only.
Yuudachi-kun
Play nomod and fc nomod songs -> Get good 99%+ acc on od9

Learn HD on these maps

Learn HR on these maps

Fc with 98%+ with HR

Then add HDHR.
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-
@Endaris - let's keep this "not about me" but overall. I know my skill level and i don't even try now to gain any pp becouse i am not ready for this right now.
It's more about your personal tought.
cheezstik

aisakatayga wrote:

Topic with pretty interesting question:

How you guys think, is it possible to actualy gain ranks up to top by playing ONLY Hidden + Hard Rock (eventualy Flashlight)?
So i would like to discuss how you see gaining ranks via only 2 mods - HDHR considering that you are not able to play DT/NC, literaly you are not able to play this and you will never be.
Only HDHR for pp?
Narrill
Azer
Kaoru
and of course, HDHR

There are more, but for the most part, no HD and just HR:
Alumetorz
Xilver
wobeinimacao
and again, of course, _index

There are many reasons for playing HDHR instead of DT, if your skillset suits it, then you might be better off learning it as it will probably get you more pp in the end. Your reason however, sounds like a tiny nitpick, if it really annoys you that much, then I guess don't play DT, but you are probably missing out on a lot of PP, if that bothers you. I personally barely notice the distortion.
Yuudachi-kun
I wish I could play HDHR, but my acc is too shit to HR.
Infevo
Yes, you can specialize on either HR or DT and climb up to the top (check ranking for further reference).
Yes, DT will yield higher pp rewards earlier on during your progression as it doesn't require you to grind acc as HR does.

Just understand that these mods don't magically change a beatmap at its roots. They only increase stats such as ar, od, cs, drain, bpm. Technically nothing prevents a new beatmap to be just as hard as any HR map. Only dt is capable of increasing stats past 10 with the exception of only HR being able to increase cs past 7.
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-
if it really annoys you that much, then I guess don't play DT, but you are probably missing out on a lot of PP, if that bothers you.
PP is not the problem in my personal case, i am actualy not even bothering to make any pp and just messing around with map settings, playing many maps with diffrent AR, CS etc. And yea, i posted this reason becouse it's actualy my own reason to completly avoid this mods. I hear distortion pretty well in DT and it hurts my ears, no joke.

Yes, DT will yield higher pp rewards earlier on during your progression as it doesn't require you to grind acc as HR does.
I think DT also require pretty high acc to gain decent amount of PP.
Yuudachi-kun
Not really, but the OD buff means it becomes even more insane.
The Gambler
Again, there's EmperorPenguin83 who can AR11 songs, which is HDHRDT.
E m i

Infevo wrote:

DT will yield higher pp rewards earlier on during your progression as it doesn't require you to grind acc as HR does.

hehe

Infevo

https://osu.ppy.sh/u/4896624

Haven't ever seen a HR score which gave so much pp with this kind of an accuracy. I mean it is pretty much common sense you'd die in almost any map on high level with that acc anyways. But even with nofail you wouldnt come close.

dagambler999 wrote:

Again, there's EmperorPenguin83 who can AR11 songs, which is HDHRDT.

^^

AR11 = AR10+DT
E m i
you won't see 7.7 star HR FCs because cs5.2 is severely underrated :(
Infevo

[ Momiji ] wrote:

you won't see 7.7 star HR FCs because cs5.2 is severely underrated :(
I still think the most recent cs nerf wasn't necessary. But who am I to talk as a 20k player. As long as top HR players are fine with the algorithm I won't complain either.
Friendan

Infevo wrote:

how do you grind in a rhythm game? It's either you have good timing or you don't. With both mods, only a play or two, depending on how hard the reads are, are really only NEEDED to fc these (unless it's a song out of your skill range). With DT you miss notes because too much fast, on HR you get 100's because slight timing mess ups. DT also raises the OD a bit, not quite as much HR though.
The Gambler

Infevo wrote:

AR11 = AR10+DT
Well, I don't know any feasible native AR 10 songs worth farming. AR 11 is something I only see in TV-sized plays using HDHRDT
Infevo
Yea, dt increases od as well. But the increased bpm makes it easier to time clicks correctly. Just as slower bpms can really mess with one's acc due to the pace.
The Gambler
So HR is easier with DT? Weird... At least the pp incentive is there
Friendan

Infevo wrote:

Yea, dt increases od as well. But the increased bpm makes it easier to time clicks correctly. Just as slower bpms can really mess with one's acc due to the pace.
you mean 180 BPM = avg BPM so it -may- help some who can't count on slow maps?
Sorun
PLAY EVERY SINGLE MAP WITH HD

ez
Infevo

Friendan wrote:

Infevo wrote:

you mean 180 BPM = avg BPM so it -may- help some who can't count on slow maps?
this