forum

Tips for relearning-ish ar9

posted
Total Posts
show more
B1rd
But reading density is only one aspect of reading. I don't think OP needs to train reading density specifically, because AR9 maps that actually have a high reading density requirements are going to be out of his league anyway. Whereas AR9 will definitely train all aspects of reading that AR.

Training ar8/low AR may help with high density. If it is efficient to specifically training low AR for this purpose is another argument.

Kheldragar wrote:

e: Okay now that you edited it I'm going to say I feel attempting to learn ar8 has helped my reading in general okay bye.
You pointed it out so I edited it. I'm not sure what you're mad about.
GoldenWolf

GoldenWolf wrote:

Keep in mind I'm only talking about the reading part
Your statement was specifically saying "You won't learn how to read high object density maps on higher AR by learning how to read lower AR" which isn't true.

Anyway, it can't hurt to learn to read AR8 maps with high object density, and if he can learn how to read those kind of maps at a higher BPM along the way, that will only benefit him. There is really no downside to learn that other than taking more time.
B1rd
I didn't specifically say anything like that. I said it won't make you suddenly be able to do 240bpm, and it won't because the point was you need more than object density reading to do that.

I also said that training high density at low AR may help with reading at higher AR, but it's still a dubious proposition if this is an efficient form of training. It's not going to do any harm to your skills doing this, but if you find it boring which a lot of people might, I don't advocate forcing yourself to do it.
Purple

B1rd wrote:

So you're using an argument from authority, yet you yourself don't even have any ar9 or under plays over 100pp? How are you such an authority on low AR object density training?
Check again, I am nomod god now

bigfeh

Purple wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

I was just going to let you guys destroy each others since there are already a bunch of people defending the whole "playing ar8 to learn ar9 is bullshit" thing, but this is just retarded

that's not even a valid comparison, for fuck's sake
How is CS and quake a valid comparision to AR9 and AR8? Thats what I pointed out. You must be really slow... or some special kind of troll. And if you want to explain why AR8 practice is bullshit (I know you can't, you're new at this game) then please bless us with your knowledge. A drunken shitpost doesn't do anyone any favors.

Edit: Heres the reading density table, relevant to discussion

Wanna master the AR9 row? Meaning, read 240 bpm AR9? Then, like I said, get ready for 240 bpm grinding. Otherwise, just play AR8, and rather than having to focus on making sure you're beating the shit out of your keyboard fast enough, you can focus on what you actually want to improve.
As mentioned, density is one of the many aspects of the game. I'm not good at the game but I am not, unlike other posters (yourself being a strong contender), a retard.

If you train AR8 in a specific environment (high bpm, for example) you'll get good at that specific aspect of ar9. Why not play ar9 and get good with it at once? What's the fucking point in playing ar8 to learn ar9? What's the point in playing quake to learn cs?

that and if we're gonna talk about ar9/ar8, I probably have about the same experience as you, given that, well, that's what I played for a long time. AR8 does not teach you AR9. It's just a stepping stone.
Purple

bigfeh wrote:

As mentioned, density is one of the many aspects of the game. I'm not good at the game but I am not, unlike other posters (yourself being a strong contender), a retard.

If you train AR8 in a specific environment (high bpm, for example) you'll get good at that specific aspect of ar9. Why not play ar9 and get good with it at once? What's the fucking point in playing ar8 to learn ar9? What's the point in playing quake to learn cs?

that and if we're gonna talk about ar9/ar8, I probably have about the same experience as you, given that, well, that's what I played for a long time. AR8 does not teach you AR9. It's just a stepping stone.
Ok, I see what you're trying to say. Practicing AR8 wont help you at reading AR9 the same way practicing AR9 wont help you at reading AR10. You're just talking about reaction time. That's not what were trying to discuss tho, we're talking about going from AR10 down to AR9 (in OP's case, AR9.5~ to AR9). Of course, with your misunderstanding, playing AR8 does seem pretty dumb. But we're trying to go down, not up.

I'm gonna have to go ahead and put you on my ignore list though. Your posts are not only completely useless, they're also really intricate and offensive and I really can't be arsed to waste time figuring out what you're trying to say.
bigfeh

Purple wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

Ok, I see what you're trying to say. Practicing AR8 wont help you at reading AR9 the same way practicing AR9 wont help you at reading AR10. You're just talking about reaction time. That's not what were trying to discuss tho, we're talking about going from AR10 down to AR9 (in OP's case, AR9.5~ to AR9). Of course, with your misunderstanding, playing AR8 does seem pretty dumb. But we're trying to go down, not up.

I'm gonna have to go ahead and put you on my ignore list though. Your posts are not only completely useless, they're also really intricate and offensive and I really can't be arsed to waste time figuring out what you're trying to say.
You need to be incredibly handicapped to not understand what I'm trying to say here. If you're offended by my posts, how about you grow the fuck up? Adults can intelligently talk to someone who has a different view on a matter and are intimidated by neither details nor complexity

telling him to go play ar8 to learn ar9 is akin to telling him to go play ar10 to learn ar9 (as in, it's retarded). I couldn't give less of a fuck about your ignore list, but calling my posts useless is simply bullshit. The simple fact that you can neither make a valid point nor understand what I'm trying to say here doesn't make my posts useless (if anything, is proves your brain - or rather, lack thereof - to be useless)
Nyxa
Play more EZ

Oh cool people are arguing

Play more EZ while laughing at this thread.
GoldenWolf

Tess wrote:

Play more EZ while laughing at this thread.
Did you bring the popcorn this time
B1rd
There's always that one condescending douchebag that says something like this.
ZenithPhantasm

Purple wrote:

B1rd wrote:

So you're using an argument from authority, yet you yourself don't even have any ar9 or under plays over 100pp? How are you such an authority on low AR object density training?
Check again, I am nomod god now

He is a moron but listening to this guy helped my aim by alot.
Topic Starter
ithgyu
ok so clearly there is a lot of debate as to whether i should learn ar8 or not. Whether it is just worth it to improve general reading, or to maintain ability to read ar9 and ar10 at the same standard, just write below quickly what you think, yes or no. Take into account that your vote will only be counted if you can actually read ar10, since you wouldnt have the experience to make a valuable vote otherwise :)

Without this the thread has very conflicting viewpoints, and thats fine because it's clear that there is no one way to go about this, and thats what I was kinda expecting, but with some people saying dont learn ar8, and others saying learn ar8, it kinda becomes a little confusing xD
Yuudachi-kun
Ar8 is worth to improve general reading and you should learn it, mate.
ZenithPhantasm
Play AR9 and AR10 and everything in between.
Topic Starter
ithgyu

Kheldragar wrote:

Ar8 is worth to improve general reading and you should learn it, mate.
thats what ive been sort leaning towards atm, play ar10,9 and 8
B1rd
http://ask.fm/AmaiHachimitsu/answer/128453933727

Play it if you want to, but I wouldn't expect it would benefit you more than playing the stuff you want to get good at.
Topic Starter
ithgyu

B1rd wrote:

http://ask.fm/AmaiHachimitsu/answer/128453933727

Play it if you want to, but I wouldn't expect it would benefit you more than playing the stuff you want to get good at.
I'm not after pp, I play the game to have fun and to get better at it, I'm looking for long term gainzzz rather than a pp spike, i'll farm next year
ZenithPhantasm
Figure out which mods you like: HD, HR, or DT
It will make the game more enjoyable
Topic Starter
ithgyu

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Figure out which mods you like: HD, HR, or DT
It will make the game more enjoyable
i like all mods 8-)
I Give Up

II Jelli II wrote:

I'm looking for long term gainzzz rather than a pp spike
Then focus ar9-10.
Purple
If you have fun playing AR8 and lower, then do it. Us normal people get too bored/frustrated with it
pandaBee

II Jelli II wrote:

ok so clearly there is a lot of debate as to whether i should learn ar8 or not.
What's the issue here? Most of the maps from ~3-4* are ar8, so you're going to end up playing a lot of ar8 maps as you progress anyways. There's no downside to learning ar8.

Since you're past playing those maps you probably don't have to go out of your way to relearn the ar. Instead of worrying about ar just focus on the maps YOU want to be playing.

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Replace Ar 9 with Ar 8 and I will stroke your soft hands.
ZenithPhantasm

pandaBee wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Replace Ar 9 with Ar 8 and I will stroke your soft hands.
b-baka hentai
7ambda
I can only play AR9 and lower.

Scrub master race.
Barusamikosu

F1r3tar wrote:

I can only play AR9 and lower.

Scrub master race.
But you're a nomod player so it's fine.
Nyxa
Play more EZ
Infevo
I like the table regarding reading density. It kinda supports my idea of two-dimensional reading (reaction/speed and memorization). This is why I am very certain that you cannot practice a specific AR or for some reason have to relearn it after not having played it. Getting used to a specific AR is like getting used to the bpm and metre of a new song. For someone who has a good feeling for rhythm and timing this only takes a moment.

Just in the same manner an abnormally low bpm can be troublesome for most musicians/percussionists a low ar can heavily mess with one player's perception.

Sure there are numerous other aspects to reading but this topic first and foremost is about AR. It is pointless to start talking about anything unrelated (e.g. different mapping techniques, 1/4 sliders, jumps/anti-jumps, etc.)