1. osu! forums
  2. Other
  3. Off-Topic
show more
posted
i will get ot mod before trash bot
posted

CDFA wrote:

>Trash Boat mod

Not until I get OT Mod
Manage to defeat You-Know-Who and we are done.
posted
ok call me back in 5 years
posted

Trash Boat wrote:

Manage to defeat You-Know-Who and we are done.
literally who?
posted
The guy who was making CDFA's BAT/BN life impossible
posted

Trash Boat wrote:

The guy who was making CDFA's BAT/BN life impossible
I'm guessing Hollow Wings, because she refuses to listen to anyone, creates horrbile maps, and gets ranked by Chinese BNs because they auto rank just because the person is Chinese?

Trash Boat wrote:

The guy
oh wait nvm
posted
I like hollow wings maps wtf
posted

Friendan wrote:

Trash Boat wrote:

The guy who was making CDFA's BAT/BN life impossible
I'm guessing Hollow Wings, because she refuses to listen to anyone, creates horrbile maps, and gets ranked by Chinese BNs because they auto rank just because the person is Chinese?

Trash Boat wrote:

The guy
oh wait nvm
"guy" can also be used to refer to a feminine subject
posted

Kheldragar wrote:

I like hollow wings maps wtf
how is this good?

quoting because I don't wanna write an essay
Because they're one of the few sources of hard maps and they have nothing in them that feels good. They ride on being difficult and not much else. It's most probably because of the rise in "ugly" maps that play like gold, people want the style of map where everything just seems to work without them thinking much about what's happening (like fanzhen maps).
I personally hate his high slider velocity abuse and awkward jumps. To add to that, there's nothing specifically that makes me want to play his maps other than "they're hard". Mix all of the disliked parts of his maps with the mediocre parts and everyone will focus on the parts they dislike.
posted
How is it not good? It's just a different style. You should be glad there are mappers doing something different and that they're not all the same.
posted
hw's mapping style is just ctrl+v over and over again though
gives a new term to the word overmapped. and of course all of the new players that can't get within 10 seconds of the map without dying instantly call the map brilliant. i mean fuck some retarded german guy called that torrent map art
chinese mapping is just a bunch of bullshit altogether
posted
Then there's the players who can't get within in ten seconds of the map but still go around repeating the same overused lines they've heard from other players such as 'HW's maps are just ctrl+v spam'
posted
yeah maybe you're right, but it still doesn't change the fact that anyone can open the editor and clearly see the copy pasta everything
posted

RedPanda wrote:

yeah maybe you're right, but it still doesn't change the fact that anyone can open the editor and clearly see the copy pasta everything
"yeah, you're right, but it doesn't change the fact that you're wrong, because I'm right and since you disagree with me, anyone can clearly see you're wrong"
posted
these rebuttals could be instantly redirected to you however
posted

RedPanda wrote:

these rebuttals could be instantly redirected to you however
except it couldn't for a couple reasons

the two most important of which are 1. my post was written in English, not retard, and 2. that wasn't the idea I was trying to convey with my post

just further proves my theory about your intellect
posted

bigfeh wrote:

RedPanda wrote:

these rebuttals could be instantly redirected to you however
except it couldn't for a couple reasons

the two most important of which are 1. my post was written in English, not retard, and 2. that wasn't the idea I was trying to convey with my post

just further proves my theory about your intellect
"Hahaha, I think I'm a smart guy so I'll just focus on insulting the other party's intellect instead of progressing the discussion."

To actually focus on the topic at hand, I don't think the Ctrl+V stuff matters much. It may be a point to say that HW is lazy or that the maps are dull, but I see that with some mappers and while I can't say it's a good thing, it's not really what makes Hollow Wings' maps so off-putting.

B1rd wrote:

How is it not good? It's just a different style. You should be glad there are mappers doing something different and that they're not all the same.
Friendan already quoted something explaining why it's not good.

I do like experimentation in maps and I've seen the benefits of it in a lot of modern maps with RLC, fanzhen, and Skystar just to name a few, but I can't specifically say HW's stuff is any good. Yeah, there are mappers that will bring variety and some damn fun maps with that too, but being different won't make it good and, as a result, good.
posted

Brian OA wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

except it couldn't for a couple reasons

the two most important of which are 1. my post was written in English, not retard, and 2. that wasn't the idea I was trying to convey with my post

just further proves my theory about your intellect
"Hahaha, I think I'm a smart guy so I'll just focus on insulting the other party's intellect instead of progressing the discussion."

To actually focus on the topic at hand, I don't think the Ctrl+V stuff matters much. It may be a point to say that HW is lazy or that the maps are dull, but I see that with some mappers and while I can't say it's a good thing, it's not really what makes Hollow Wings' maps so off-putting.

B1rd wrote:

How is it not good? It's just a different style. You should be glad there are mappers doing something different and that they're not all the same.
Friendan already quoted something explaining why it's not good.

I do like experimentation in maps and I've seen the benefits of it in a lot of modern maps with RLC, fanzhen, and Skystar just to name a few, but I can't specifically say HW's stuff is any good. Yeah, there are mappers that will bring variety and some damn fun maps with that too, but being different won't make it good and, as a result, good.
He tried making a point and when someone disagreed, instead of showing an argument he spit some bullshit and that was it. Did it again when I shoved it to his face

As for experimentation, I need to agree that different doesn't necessarily mean good, but I usually see peculiar but good maps from mappers like fanzhen, val, bd (back when he used to map) and skystar. I'm a big fan of fycho, whose maps are a bit jumpy (I guess some people would see a problem in that, idk). rlc, scv and guy also have good maps
posted
Maybe don't shove at his face next time.
posted
bigfeh is just bad at rhetoric :^)
show more
Please sign in to reply.