forum

Consecutive circles

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Consolation
Hi, I am fairly new to osu!, and i am having trouble with consecutive beat-circles that are in a relatively straight line but are too slow and far apart to be streams.

Should I treat them like streams (One straight line with no stopping), or as individual jumps(stop briefly at each one)?

Here is an example if you don't get me.
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/191723
Flanster
Moved to G&R
ziin
I haven't looked at the map, so I don't know how fast they are, but if it's 150 BPM 1/4ths, that's a stream that can be single tapped pretty easily, which means it's right in that weird BPM range.

I play these like a stream without stopping over the circles which means it's very easy to miss. The other option is snapping, which you can do, but IMO it's much harder. Snapping is more accurate a strategy but is harder to do at faster bpms.
Topic Starter
Consolation

ziin wrote:

I play these like a stream without stopping over the circles which means it's very easy to miss.
As a mouse user, the problem for me when I treat it like that is that I find it hard to keep a consistent cursor speed throughout.

Is there anyway to improve this or does it just come with experience? I find it frustrating when I attempt harder maps like With a Dance Number, where I can do some of the jumps but fail at the fast singles and the lines of sliders.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks c:
trebby
Just keep your hand steady, I know it's harder for others to do, but keep going at it. Eventually you can get used to any pattern as long as you keep playing. Play more. And practice maps that have fast singles like Rewai Terrorism.
bigfeh

ObamaBinLaden wrote:

ziin wrote:

I play these like a stream without stopping over the circles which means it's very easy to miss.
As a mouse user, the problem for me when I treat it like that is that I find it hard to keep a consistent cursor speed throughout.

Is there anyway to improve this or does it just come with experience? I find it frustrating when I attempt harder maps like With a Dance Number, where I can do some of the jumps but fail at the fast singles and the lines of sliders.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks c:
As a mouse user (and tablet user too, though to a slightly lesser extent), snapping is your friend. Don't look at a square, or pentagon or any other shape and try to draw a circle - snap to every note. Read the circles individually and treat them separately

edit: applies to every circle (except streams, obviously, unless they're spaced)
Mahogany

bigfeh wrote:

Don't look at a square, or pentagon or any other shape and try to draw a circle - snap to every note.
Or just be niko and hit every note in the saten pattern in The Creator by making circles after not playing for a year
ZenithPhantasm
Play more
Nyxa
Alternating is a thing
GhostFrog
If it's slow enough for you to snap, you'll probably find that more accurate. If it's too fast for that, then just flow through it. If you can keep your eyes on where you want your cursor to be at any given moment, your cursor will probably follow. If it's too fast for that, then play a different map.
pandaBee

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Play more
Topic Starter
Consolation
Thanks for the advice.

For future reference, how do I see my own posts?
Its probably smth really obvious..
Karuta-_old_1

ObamaBinLaden wrote:

For future reference, how do I see my own posts?
Its probably smth really obvious..
http://puu.sh/hLIl0/17f7a113f8.bmp

I forgot that screenshots don't include cursor but it should be obvious enough
Insyni
I'm guessing your're referring to the 5-8 note mini streams. You just sort of get used to the approach rate over time and seeing how far you have to move the mouse. Personally I do better at these if I look closer to my mouse cursor because it gives a better sense of accuracy if you already know how long the mini-stream is.

That being said, I haven't mastered it.