forum

[invalid] A new channel, #nostalgia

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
Comet
I've asked Blue Dragon and [Toy] about this and the general response seems to be decent.

Yes, there are people that dislike old-style beatmaps, and would never play them.

However, there are also people that do in fact love old-style beatmaps, and to be quite honest I like them as well. So, without further ado, I propose a new channel to be added to the ever-expanding list, and it would be called #nostalgia. Anything would go here, just so long as it's related to old-style beatmapping, skins, etc. People could talk about collabing on revamping old maps into newer-style ones, people could ask others to source old, old ways of getting better, amongst other things.

Personally I think the idea is flawed a bit but I can see some pretty large desire for something like this, so I thought I'd suggest it! :)

If people pitch in and help with adding sub-ideas to this and cleaning it up a bit, I could totally see something enjoyable coming from this.

So, let's get this going then, I pay attention to the comments quite a lot. Suggest anything really, just so long as it's on-topic.

-Comet :D
Toy
Quick note, long time old mapper Kai came back and made a map in that style and it was interesting to see the disparity between maps of today and seven years ago.
Sync
Would probably be a pretty dead channel. Instead, you might want to make a topic on the forums and invite players who share the same feelings as you to participate in the discussion.
Topic Starter
Comet

Sync wrote:

Would probably be a pretty dead channel. Instead, you might want to make a topic on the forums and invite players who share the same feelings as you to participate in the discussion.
which is what I'll probably do if this gets rejected but I really want to make an effort towards this idea :)
Karuta-_old_1
I am one of those guys, if I ask someone to play it the usual replies would be no, fuck you
Score_Under
This seems like a very specific topic. Bear in mind that the current channels are "osu", "videogames", "english" etc. All of them have very broad scope, while a channel for discussing old-style maps seems quite restricted in scope. I don't think it would get enough use to justify its existence.

I'm not much a fan of old maps, so I might be a bit biased.
Oinari-sama
I think it's better to wait for the Team/Clan system, since this is a very niche player group. I don't think there'll be enough activities to justify a new channel of its own at this stage.

Feel free to run a thread to gather polls though.
deadbeat
i would LOVE a channel like this, however i don't think it'll work very well honestly :(
WriggleNightbug

deadbeat wrote:

i would LOVE a channel like this, however i don't think it'll work very well honestly :(
Doesn't mean we can't try and see.. ;)
deadbeat
it won't. it's a channel designed for a specific reason and there's nothing stopping random people coming in and talking shit and misusing the channel. you could do something like this one the forums since there aren't as many people here though. we've already have a few threads like that and they when rather well