forum

Feel I've taken this game too serious, need some help

posted
Total Posts
show more
Yuudachi-kun

Friendan wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Get a tablet so you can actually improve and reach your real goal.
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/1777162

Cookiezi, WWW, hvick, index, rafis, rrtyui
-sev

Friendan wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Get a tablet so you can actually improve and reach your real goal.
Shhh respect people with special needs.
Mahogany
Gaise there are more pro tablet players than mouse players so I think at this point we can objectively say that tablet is better
Redon
ZenithPhantasm
Quit the fucking game and get a life
Vuelo Eluko
drop out of school to become a pro gamer like hotdoggg

Varetyr

Kheldragar wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Cookiezi, WWW, hvick, index, rafis, rrtyui

Top 10 ATP Rankings, Mens, Single

Left-handed : Nadal

Right-handed : Djokovic, Federer, Murray, Nishikori, Raonic, Berdych, Ferrer, Wawrinka, Cilic

..... duh
bigfeh
just dropping by to say that djokovic = federer > nadal
good night
trebby
Just stop giving shits about the game. Play for fun and scores, not pp, and eventually, you'll start climbing ranks again.
Yuudachi-kun

CuboidBeats wrote:

Just stop giving shits about the game. Play for fun and scores, not pp, and eventually, you'll start climbing ranks again.
Teach me your secrets.
trebby

Kheldragar wrote:

CuboidBeats wrote:

Teach me your secrets.
play more
pandaBee
2 million hits in 3+ years

Play more.
Karuta-_old_1
go pick up some old maps and ask them to surpass you, like what I did in my profile
xasuma
Quit school and accomplish your dream.

SPOILER
And then watch my videos below.
Yuudachi-kun
600+ wow
Topic Starter
Fateburn

pandaBee wrote:

2 million hits in 3+ years

Play more.
Well I had 2 long AFK periods, one was at late 2013, and one is now.
Good news is that 2 weeks later, I'll be able to go home earlier... still quite late tho

BTW, finally noticed that Ekoro got #1 with EZ+FL. How inhuman.
Changed my short-term goal to "at least FC it."
Also actually my another short-term goal is "FC NNRT [Extra]", which is more possible tbh
E m i
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/437377
this was a short term goal for me too.
it has turned into an end game goal, it seems.
Clappy

Fateburn wrote:

yet I also faced my 3rd junior high year, a year that I have to study for about 14 hours a day.
Hyperbole much?
Yuudachi-kun

Clappy wrote:

Fateburn wrote:

yet I also faced my 3rd junior high year, a year that I have to study for about 14 hours a day.
Hyperbole much?

No, he's Taiwanese so I believe it.
Topic Starter
Fateburn

Kheldragar wrote:

No, he's Taiwanese so I believe it.
Well our school starts from 7:30AM to 5:40 PM, but we have to study 3 more hours after school till 9:00PM for an important test...
7:30~21:00=13:30
acid
How the hell do manage to live. .-. I'd drop out of school. Lol.
ClawViper
I take the game really seriously as well, but here is how I cope.

First of all, I just forget about long term goals. Focus purely on the short-term goals instead. The higher you rise, you more depressed you feel realising the long-term goal is just so far away. I mainly have very short term goals based on trying to replicate other people's top ranks and set personal targets for maps I want to FC. e.g. One of the maps in my short-term goal listl is to get a 98.5% HDHR FC on sola - Flower's Lunatic.

Next, set aside 2 hours a day for osu!. I usually only play at night but I still religiously play 2 hours a day and it is sufficient to see improvement in my gameplay over the past year. You don't have to forget about rank, but rather work towards achieving your short-term goals - This is what I did - make several collections of maps I want to FC in the near future and play through them without retrying more than 3 times each.

14 hours of studying a day is nonsense. No human can possibly do that - instead of procrastinating, set aside 2 hours to play osu! and make sure you get your work done faster. If you get home late like around 8pm, you can still play before you sleep if this game is that important to you.

Make sure you set your priorities straight by ultimately still focusing on your studies and having a social life. When it comes to exam week, definitely forget about the 2 hours a day. As long as you keep playing, you'll keep improving.

Good luck and all the best.
Topic Starter
Fateburn
Well I actually feel that my skills haven't dropped too much, but what I don't understand is that each time when I finish a map, my rank always drop (Except NNRT), why?
Yuudachi-kun
Other people play this game too.
Karuta-_old_1
this game is getting more competitive every month, half a year ago I was 5200 rank and now I can't even reach 5600 without unleashing the retry spree

so the best way to improve is probably to challenge yourself instead of caring about the ranks too much

and did I mention how I was rank 2k during 2010?
Yuudachi-kun

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

this game is getting more competitive every month, half a year ago I was 5200 rank and now I can't even reach 5600 without unleashing the retry spree

so the best way to improve is probably to challenge yourself instead of caring about the ranks too much

and did I mention how I was rank 2k during 2010?

Why not do both at the same time?
Karuta-_old_1

Kheldragar wrote:

Why not do both at the same time?
I agree with that as long as I am able to have fun in the process

But if it starts frustrating me then it will probably make me progress slower

There are a lot of players out there who can play hd + hr very well but don't rank up often

And I'd like to quote someone for this
Always Give up!
Yuudachi-kun
But have you seen your playcount? It hardly foes above 1k recently with a huge spike at 2k? Too bad you're at the level where you need to play a lot more than that and playing just as much as you do only barely maintains rank.

What about improving acc on old fcs?
Karuta-_old_1

Kheldragar wrote:

But have you seen your playcount? It hardly foes above 1k recently with a huge spike at 2k? Too bad you're at the level where you need to play a lot more than that and playing just as much as you do only barely maintains rank.

What about improving acc on old fcs?
looks at play history, blimey you are right (and thanks for the heads up)

I am not as consistent as how I was used to be, but looking at the play history it all makes sense
Yuudachi-kun
I don't see why you should be talking about how hard it is for you to gain ranks when you have hardly put in the effort. Really?
Karuta-_old_1

Kheldragar wrote:

I don't see why you should be talking about how hard it is for you to gain ranks when you have hardly put in the effort. Really?
excuse me if I sounded like I am whining, but I was just pointing out how the osu!community is growing and more players are playing
(I really need to stop that habit of mine)

sure I would have wanted to gain more ranks, but I don't enjoy getting them from more than 20 retries
there are plenty of maps that I have FC-ed but can hardly redo them to be honest
Yuudachi-kun
maps don't need 20 tries in a row to be fc'd, just cycle through many maps to fc them. Mayve you'll play the same map for fc 3 times in a day tops.